L 430 FCR
Technical description and instruction manual
General notes and information
Only use the speakers as described in these operating instructions. Any other use will be deemed as not in accordance with the instructions and may lead to damage of property or even persons. The manufacturer accepts no liability for damage caused by use not in accordance with the instructions. The speakers are intended for private use.
Before operating the speakers, please read the safety notes and operating instructions carefully. This is the only way to use all functions safely and reliably. Keep the operating instructions safe and pass them on to anyone who may own the unit after you.
The information in this document may change without prior notice and in no way constitutes any liability on the part of Lautsprecher Teufel GmbH. No part of these instructions may be reproduced in any form or be broadcasted in any way electronically, mechanically, by photocopy or recording without the written permission of Lautsprecher Teufel GmbH.
If you wish to exercise your right of return, we ask that you be absolutely sure to hold onto the packaging. We can only accept the return of a device WITH THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING. Empty boxes are not available!
In case of a complaint we implicitly need your invoice number and the serial or lot number for processing. The serial number can be found on the back side of the device. Many thanks for your support!
Please contact our customer service with any questions, suggestions or criticism:
Lautsprecher Teufel GmbH
Budapester Str. 44
10787 Berlin (Germany)
Phone 00800 – 200 300 40 (toll-free)
Fax: +49 (0)30 / 300 930 930
You will ﬁ nd the following caution icons in these instructions:
|Danger||High risk ! Failure to observe the warning may result in severe personal injury or death.|
|Attention||Moderate risk ! Failure to observe the warning may result in property damage.|
|Minor risk! Points which should be observed when handling the unit.|
Danger to hearing
Loud noise may lead to hearing loss.
Particularly when the subwoofer has been set to maximum volume and the unit is activated, very high noise pressure may suddenly be produced. This may have psychological consequences and also cause physical injury. Children and pets are particularly at risk.
- Set your signal source unit volume control to a low setting.
- When the volume is set high, always keep a certain distance from the unit and never place your ear directly on the speaker.
- To avoid damage to health, avoid extended listening at high volume.
Danger to children!
Children can become trapped in the packing ﬁlm when playing and suffocate.
- Do not allow children to play with the unit or the packing ﬁlm. Danger of suffocation.
- Ensure that children do not remove small parts from the unit or take them off of the unit (e.g. control knobs or plug adapters). They could swallow the parts and choke. Never allow children to operate electrical devices unsupervised.
Danger of injury/damage!
Incorrect location may result in damage.
- Never use the unit unmounted in vehicles, in unstable locations, on wobbly stands or furniture, on under dimensioned brackets etc. The speakers could tip or fall down and cause injury to persons or be damaged.
- Place the speakers in such a way that they cannot be knocked over unseen and make sure that the cables do not pose a trip hazard.
- Carefully follow the installation instructions.
- If mounting the speakers on the wall, make sure that the job is carried out by a professional.
- Only use suitable wall holders to mount the speakers.
Verify the carrying capacity of the walls.
- Do not place the unit near sources of heat (e.g. heaters, ovens, other heat generating equipment such as ampliﬁers etc.).
Improper use may lead to damage or ﬁ re.
- Do not place open ﬂames such as burning candles or similar on the unit.
- Ensure sufﬁcient ventilation.
- Do not place the unit in direct sunlight.
- Only use the unit in indoor areas.
- Do not operate the unit in moist areas and protect it from drops of water and splash water.
Also take care not to stand vases or other containers ﬁlled with liquid on or near the unit in order to avoid liquid getting into the housing.
2 x satellite speaker L 430 FCR
Check to be sure
Check that all items have been delivered and that nothing is damaged.
If the delivery is incomplete or you ﬁnd damage sustained in transit, do not operate the device; instead contact our service department.
Setup and connection
Our website contains comprehensive notes for correct setup.
- Select a stable, level base.
- Make sure that the environment is clean and free from dust.
- Avoid placing the unit close to sources of heat or in direct sunlight.
- Arrange the connector cables so that they do not pose a trip hazard.
- Do not place any heavy objects on the cables or the speakers.
Risk of damage!
Improper assembly may result in damage.
- If mounting the speakers on the wall, make sure that the installation is carried out expertly.
- Before drilling the holes, make sure that no pipes are located within the drilling area using a metal detector.
- Only use suitable screws and dowels to mount the speakers. Verify the carrying capacity of the walls.
- Hang the satellite speakers up on the wall using the keyhole openings on the speaker back side and the screws you previously mounted.
- You can also use these openings for mounting a wall holder or speaker stand. You can ﬁnd suitable products for this in our web shop.
Danger of injury/damage!
Arrange the cables so that they do not pose a trip hazard.
- Pull the power plug of your AV receiver or multi-channel active subwoofer out of the socket.
- Lay the speaker cables from your AV receiver or multi-channel active subwoofer to each speaker. These cables should be high-quality double-wire speaker cable with marked strands. The cross section should amount to 2.5 mm².
- A connector comprising two terminals is located on the back side of each speaker, to which you have to connect the speaker cables.
- The terminal clips are each marked red (+) and black (-).
Make sure the polarity is correct!
Connect the like coloured terminals. Otherwise the sound quality will suffer.
The speaker connections of your AV receiver or multichannel active subwoofer should be marked similarly. The strands of the speaker cables are marked with different colours or shapes.
- Split the single wire down to approx. 30 mm on both ends and strip approx. 10 mm of insulation off of each cord.
- Twist the stripped single wire ends together so that no wire protrudes. Tin coating is not necessary.
- Turn the connector terminal counterclockwise until loose. Run the stripped cable end into the now visible hole. Close the terminal by turning it clockwise. The cable has now been clamped in place.
- Connect the cables to the other speaker in the same way.
- Connect the speaker cables to your AV receiver or multichannel active subwoofer. The operating instructions of the appliance should contain notes on this.
The ideal separation frequency on the AV preampliﬁer/receiver or Teufel Decoder Station for the satellite speaker L 430 FCR is 120 Hz.
Cleaning and care
Clean the speaker regularly with a soft, damp microﬁbre cloth.
Please be absolutely sure to observe the following notes in the process:
- If possible, only use plain water without any additives. In case of stubborn marks, a mild soap solution may be used.
- Make sure that no liquid penetrates the unit.
Risk of damage!
Using the wrong cleaning materials may damage the delicate surface of the case.
If possible, only use plain water without any additives.
In case of stubborn marks, a mild soap solution may be used.
In no circumstances should caustic cleaning products, white spirit, thinners, petrol or similar be used for cleaning.
The following advice should help you to solve problems. If this does not help, you will ﬁ nd useful information in the detailed FAQs on our website. Otherwise, please contact our hotline. Take note of the warranty instructions.
|Playback is noisy.||In general, the speaker is very low-noise.
In most cases, the speaker system with exceptional resolution in the high range area can expose the poor quality of a signal source (e.g. from MP3 files).
|Ensure that the source is sending a clear signal.|
|The sound seems dull.||The speakers have been connected with the wrong poles.||Verify the correct connection of the cables for all speakers.|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||90 mm x 465 mm x 96 mm|
|Weight||2,5 kg each unit|
|Nominal impedance||4–8 Ω|
Technical changes reserved!
You can ﬁnd further technical data on our website.
Declaration of Conformity
Lautsprecher Teufel GmbH declares that this product complies with the relevant European and national directives. The full text of the CE Declaration of Conformity can be found at this web address:
Important information in accordance with the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act (Germany: ElektroG)
We advise owners of electrical and electronic appliances that old electrical and electronic devices must be handed in separately from municipal waste, in accordance with the applicable regulations. Batteries and rechargeable batteries that are not ﬁrmly enclosed in old electrical devices and lamps, and that can be removed from the old device without destroying them, must be separated from them in a non-destructive manner before they are handed to the collection point for their intended disposal. Please take note of our information on the Batteries Act [Germany: BattG] below for disposing of batteries.
You make an important contribution to returning, recycling and further processing of old devices if you separate your old devices into the correct collection groups for recycling. The symbol below of a crossed-out dustbin, applied to electrical and electronic appliances, also advises of the duty to separate collections:
Consumer electronics stores and supermarkets are obliged, under certain conditions, to take back old electrical and electronic devices, in accordance with section 17 of the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act. Stationary retailers must take back an old electrical device of the same type when a new electrical device is bought (1:1 return). This also applies to home deliveries. These retailers must also take back up to three small old electrical devices (≤ 25cm) without this being linked to a new purchase (0:1 return).
In accordance with the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act, as online retailers of electrical devices and due to our product range, our obligation is limited to 1:1 return of large devices of > 50 cm when selling a new electrical or electronic device of the same type. We comply with the obligation of return of devices other than large devices through our service provider. You can ﬁ nd the exact contact data and collection points on our website www.Teufel.de/entsorgung. It is also possible to return old electrical and electronic appliances free of charge at an ofﬁcial delivery point run by the public waste disposal authorities.
Important: For safety reasons we ask that you refrain from sending lighting ﬁxtures (some lamps). For return of lighting ﬁxtures please use the public waste disposal collection points or contact us directly at www.Teufel.de/entsorgung.
As an end-user, you are responsible for deleting any personal data on old electrical appliances before handing it in.
Important: Our appliances can contain batteries/rechargeable batteries. If this is the case, please refer to its attached product documentation for additional information on the type and chemical make-up of the battery. For products with battery compartments you can directly remove the batteries or rechargeable batteries and dispose of them properly. If the batteries are built in to the product, do not in any case attempt to remove the batteries yourself, instead contact one of our employees or appropriate specialist staff.
Please contact our customer service department with
any questions, suggestions, or complaints:
Lautsprecher Teufel GmbH
Budapester Str. 44
10787 Berlin (Germany)
Phone.: 00800 200 300 40 (toll-free)
Fax: +49 (0)30 – 300 930 930
No responsibility is assumed for the correctness of this information.
Technical changes, typographical errors and other errors reserved.
Instruction No. 92705_L430FCR_EN_20220311 / HC-HAM_V2.0
Documents / Resources
|Teufel L 430 FCR Satellite Speakers [pdf] Instruction Manual|
L 430 FCR Satellite Speakers, L 430 FCR, Satellite Speakers, Speakers