Testboy Schuki-3A Mains outlet tester CAT II 300 V LED
An additional source of danger is posed my mechanical parts which can cause severe personal injury. Objects can also be damaged (e.g., the instrument itself can be damaged).
An electric shock can result in death or severe injury. It can also lead to property damage and damage to this instrument.
Never point the laser beam directly or indirectly (on reflective surfaces) towards the eyes. Laser radiation can cause irreparable damage to the eyes. You must first deactivate the laser beam when measuring close to people.
General safety notes
Unauthorized changes or modifications of the instrument are forbidden – such changes put the approval (CE) and safety of the instrument at risk. In order to operate the instrument safely, you must always observe the safety instructions, warnings and the information in the “Proper and Intended Use” Chapter.
Please observe the following information before using the instrument:
- Do not operate the instrument in the proximity of electrical welders, induction heaters and other electromagnetic fields.
- After an abrupt temperature fluctuation, the instrument should be allowed to adjust to the new temperature for about 30 minutes before using it. This helps to stabilize the IR sensor.
- Do not expose the instrument to high temperatures for a long period of time.
- Avoid dusty and humid surroundings.
- Measurement instruments and their accessories are not toys. Children should never be allowed access to them!
- In industrial institutions, you must follow the accident prevention regulations for electrical facilities and equipment, as established by your employer’s liability insurance organization.
Please observe the following five safety rules:
- Ensure that the instrument cannot be turned back on again.
- Ensure isolation from the main supply voltage (check that there is no voltage on both poles).
- Earth and short-circuit.
- Cover neighbouring parts that are under live electrical load.
Proper and intended use
This instrument is intended for use in applications described in the operation manual only. Any other usage is considered improper and non-approved us-age and can result in accidents or the destruction of the instrument. Any misuse will result in the expiry of all guarantee and warranty claims on the part of the operator against the manufacturer.
- Remove the batteries during longer periods of inactivity in order to avoid damaging the instrument.
- We assume no liability for damages to property or personal injury caused by improper handling or failure to observe safety instructions. Any warranty claim expires in such cases. An exclamation mark in a triangle indicates safety notices in the operating instructions. Read the instructions completely before beginning the initial commissioning. This instrument is CE approved and thus fulfils the required guidelines.
Disclaimer and exclusion of liability
The warranty claim expires in cases of damages caused by failure to observe the instruction! We assume no liability for any resulting damage!
Testboy is not responsible for damage resulting from:
- failure to observe the instructions,
- changes in the product that have not been approved by Testboy,
- the use of replacement parts that have not been approved or manufactured by Testboy,
- the use of alcohol, drugs or medication.
Correctness of the operating instructions
These operating instructions have been created with due care and attention. No claim is made nor guarantee given that the data, illustrations and drawings are complete or correct. All rights are reserved in regards to changes, print failures and errors.
For Testboy customers: Purchasing our product gives you the opportunity to return the instrument to collection points for waste electrical equipment at the end of its lifespan.
The EU Directive 2002/96/EC (WEEE) regulates the return and recycling of waste electrical and electronics equipment. As of 13/08/2005, manufacturers of electrical and electronics equipment are obliged to take back and recycle any electrical devices sold after this date for no charge. After that date, electrical de-vices must not be disposed of through the “normal” waste disposal channels. Electrical devices must be disposed of and recycled separately. All devices that fall under this directive must feature this logo.
Five year warranty
Testboy instruments are subject to strict quality control standards. The instrument is covered by a warranty for a period of five years against malfunctions during the course of your daily work (valid only with invoice). We will repair production or material defects free of charge upon return if these have not been caused by misuse or abuse and if the instrument has not been opened. Damage resulting from a fall or improper handling is excluded from the warranty.
- Testboy GmbH: Tel: 0049 (0)4441 / 89112-10
- Elektrotechnische Spezialfabrik: Fax: 0049 (0)4441 / 84536
- Beim Alten Flugplatz 3:
- D-49377 Vechta: www.testboy.de
- Germany: [email protected]
Certificate of quality
All aspects of the activities carried out by Testboy GmbH relating to quality during the manufacturing process are monitored permanently within the framework of a Quality Management System. Furthermore, Testboy GmbH confirms that the testing equipment and instruments used during the calibration process are subject to a permanent inspection process.
Declaration of Conformity
The product conforms to the present directives. For more de-tailed information, go to www.testboy.de
Thank you for choosing a Testavit® Schuki® 3A. | Power socket tester
Power socket test
- The Testavit® Schuki® 3A is able to determine right or wrong connection of the wires in power sockets and shows the results with an optical indication.
- Please find the failure indication in the below table.
- In order to obtain a correct indication, the right phase must be applied.
The test device is not suitable for dual-conductor mains (classic zeroing). Interchanging the neutral conductor and protective conductor (earth) is not recognized by the device!
- Check the voltage tester before use against a known voltage supply (e.g. a power socket) to ensure that it is working correctly.
- If the tester indicates a fault condition in the wiring under test, always investigate the wiring or have the wiring investigated by a competent person.
- Do not contact accross two phases of a three phase supply.
- The tester will not correctly test circuits using isolation transformer.
- Before testing, disconnect any loads from the circuits of all socket outlet in same distribution board as possible with the socket under test. Some loads connected may lead to measuring error.
- Use caution with voltages above 30 V ac as a shock hazard may exist.
FOR USE BY COMPETENT PERSONS
Anyone using this instrument should be knowledgeable and trained about the risks involved with measuring voltage, especially in an industrial setting, and the importance of taking safety precautions and of testing the instrument before and after using it to ensure that it is in good working condition.
Definition of measurement categories:
- Measurement category II:
Measurement category II is applicable to test and measuring circuits connected directly to utilization points (socket outlets and similar points) of the low-voltage mains installation. Typical short-circuit current is < 10kA.
- Measurement category III:
Measurement category III is applicable to test and measuring circuits connected to the distribution part of the building’s low-voltage mains installation. Typical short-circuit current is < 50kA.
- Measurement category IV:
Measurement category IV is applicable to test and measuring circuits connected at the source of the building’s low-voltage mains installation. Typical short-circuit current is >> 50kA.
- Read the instruction before use. If the equipment is used in a manner not specified by the manufacturer, the protection provided by the equipment may be impaired.
- All parts of the device and its accessories are not allowed to be changed or replaced, other than authorized by the manufacturer or his agent.
- For cleaning the unit, use a dry cloth.
- Voltage range : 230 V AC, 50 Hz
- Power supply: by test object, max. 3 mA
- Degree of protection: IP 40
- Over-voltage category: CAT II 300 V
- Temperature range: 0° ~ +50°C
- Testing standard: IEC/EN 61010-1 (DIN VDE 0411)
Documents / Resources
|Testboy Schuki-3A Mains outlet tester CAT II 300 V LED [pdf] User Manual|
Schuki-3A Mains outlet tester CAT II 300 V LED, Schuki-3A, Mains outlet tester CAT II 300 V LED, Schuki-3A tester CAT II 300 V LED, Schuki-3A LED