79521-S User Manual
USB3.1/2.0/1.1 Fiber Extender
All Rights Reserved
Read this user manual carefully before using the product. Pictures shown in this manual are for reference only. Different product model specifications may vary.
This manual is only for operation instruction, please contact the local distributor for maintenance assistance. The functions described in this version were updated May, 2022. In order to continue improving the product, we reserve the right to make function or parameter changes without notice or obligation. Please refer to the dealers for the latest details.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. It has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a commercial installation.
Operation of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause interference, in which case the user at their own expense will be required to take whatever measures may be necessary to correct the interference.
Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the manufacture would void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
To ensure the best performance from the product, please read all instructions carefully before using the device. Save this manual for further reference.
- Unpack the equipment carefully, and save the original box and packing material for possible future shipment
- Follow basic safety precautions to reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, and injury
- Do not dismantle the housing or modify the module (electrical shock or burn hazard)
- Using supplies or parts not meeting the products’ specifications may cause damage, deterioration, or malfunction
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel
- To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose the unit to rain or moisture, or install this product near water
- Do not put any heavy items on the product’s power cable
- Do not remove the housing of the device, as opening or removing the housing may expose you to dangerous voltages or other hazards
- Install the device in a place with sufficient ventilation to avoid damage caused by overheating
- Keep the module away from liquids
- Spillage into the housing may result in fire, electrical shock, or equipment damage. If an object or liquid falls or spills on to the housing, unplug the module immediately.
- Do not twist or pull by force ends of the optical cable. It can cause malfunction.
- Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners to clean this unit. Always unplug the power to the device before cleaning.
- Unplug the power cord when left unused for a long period of time
- Information on disposal for scrapped devices: do not burn or mix with general household waste, please treat them as normal electrical wastes
The FOUB30 is a high-speed USB 3.1/2.0/1.1 fiber extender capable of carrying real-time USB 3.1 signals up to 100m (328 ft), or real-time USB 2.0 signals up to 6km (3.7 mi). The receiver acts as a 4port USB hub, and the transmitter includes a USB-B host port for connecting to a PC. The receiver includes an external power supply that ensures it is capable of powering multiple connected USB devices (keyboards, mice, etc). With its compact size, this USB extender set provides a fast, flexible, and high-quality solution for USB extension over long distances.
- Transmits video and audio signals over single-mode fiber or OM3 multi-mode fiber
- Converts USB signals to optical fiber with no delay
- Data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps
- Real-time transmission up to 3.7 miles (USB 2.0) or 328 feet (USB 3.1 Gen 1)
- Plug-and-play; no drivers or software required
- Receiver acts as a 4-port USB hub, supporting USB 3.1/2.0/1.1
Note: Please contact your distributor immediately if any damage or defect in the components is found.
|USB Interface||Transmitter: 1 USB 30 (Type-B, Female) Receiver: 4 USB 3.0 (Type-A, Female)|
|Fiber Interface||Transmitter: 1 LC Receiver: 1 LC|
|Transmission Distance||USB 3.1 Gen 1: Single-mode or 0M3 multi-mode fiber|
|Non-real-time Transmission: 985 ft (300m) Real-Time Transmission: 330 ft (100m) USB 2.0/1.1: Single-mode fiber|
|Non-Real-Time Transmission: 6.2 mi (10km) Real-Time Transmission: 3.7 mi (6km)
USB 2.0/1.1: 0M3 Multi-mode fiber
|1,640 ft (500m)|
|Data Transfer Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 1: 5Gbps USB 2.0: 480 Mbps USB 1.1: 12 Mbps|
|Operating Temperature||14 ∼ 140°F (-10 — 60°C)|
|Operating Humidity||20 ∼ 80% (relative, non-condensing)|
|Storage Temperature||-49 ∼ 185°F (-45 ∼ 85°C)|
|Storage Humidity||10 ∼ 80%, non-condensing|
|Power Supply||Input: 100 ∼j 240 VAC, 50/60Hz Output: DC 12V, 2A (24W)|
|Product Dimensions||Transmitter: 5.3″ (135mm) x 3″ (75mm) x 1″ (26mm) Receiver: 6.3″ (160mm) x 3.3″ (85mm) x 1″ (26mm)|
The following diagram illustrates typical input and output connections that can be utilized with the Converter:
Transmitter (FOUB30T): unit: mm
Receiver (FOUB30R): unit: mm
Documents / Resources
|TEKVOX FOUB30 USB 3.1 Fiber Extender [pdf] User Manual|
79521-S, FOUB30 USB 3.1 Fiber Extender, FOUB30, USB 3.1 Fiber Extender, Fiber Extender, Extender