AND USER MANUAL
tedee bridge TBV1.0
Read the installation guide and user manual and learn how to use your device in a safe and proper manner.
Quick start with tedee bridge
Teddie bridge is a wireless router that works as a hub, connecting your smartphone with tedee lock and other tedee smart home devices.
This booklet will give you an overview of the basic features of tedee bridge and will help you walk through the setup in three easy steps.
Tedee bridge setup – go to page 8
3 easy steps
WARNING: Read all safety guidelines and warnings. Failure to follow the guidelines and warnings may result in electric shock, fire, and/or serious injury.
- Do not open, modify or disassemble your device.
- Do not self-service any part of the device.
- Do not immerse the device in any liquid or expose it to moisture.
- Do not use the device near an extreme heat source or open fire.
- Do not use the device in an environment of high humidity or dust levels, as well as pollution degree 2.
- Do not insert any conductive objects in device openings and gaps.
- The device should not be used by children without adult supervision.
- If repairs are required, please contact tedee technical support.
- Use only power supply devices provided or recommended by tedee.
- Read the installation guide in order to learn how to start working with your device and how to pair it with your tedee app and other tedee devices. You can also follow the link: www.tedee.com/installation-guide
- This device is safe to use under normal and reasonably foreseeable misuse operating code of conduct. If you notice any signs of errors or hardware malfunction, contact tedee technical support for help. In such a case, this device should be returned to the tedee for necessary repairs under the warranty conditions. Any changes or modifications to the device’s hardware or software that are not approved, recommended, or provided by the tedee may void your warranty.
Charging and maintenance guidelines/warnings
- Please read all precautions before use.
- Do not insert any conductive objects into the device openings or gaps – this may cause a short circuit.
- Charge your device only with the provided approved accessories designated for this product.
- Unplug the product before cleaning. Wipe it only with a dry cloth.
- Do not use chargers with an output voltage greater than 5V and 2A.
- When disconnecting the power cord or any other accessory, grasp and pull the plug, not the cord. Never use a charger that is damaged.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the charger or cord, as it may expose you to electric shock.
- Dispose of the devices in accordance with your local regulations. If possible, recycle.
- Do not dispose of the device as household waste and do not burn it.
- Neither Tedee Sp. z o.o., nor our retailers are responsible for failure to comply with the above warnings and safety guidelines. By purchasing this device, the buyer acknowledges all risks associated with the use of tedee equipment. If you do not agree to these terms, return the device to the manufacturer or distributor before use.
Set of items – what’s in the box?
2. Micro USB port
|3. The button
4. Activation code (QR)
|5. USB port
6. USB charger
Recommended distance between tedee bridge, tedee lock, and a local Wi-Fi network
* physical obstacles such as walls, doors, and furniture may weaken the radio signal and affect some of the functionalities of tedee devices.
Location of a unique activation code (AC) of your tedee bridge
Activation code (AC) of your tedee bridge is printed on:
- last page of this installation guide (1)
- the rear side of your device (2)
While adding your device to the tedee app you can either:
- scan the QR Code
- type in the AC manually (14 characters)
Before plugging the tedee bridge into a power outlet, take a photo of your activation code and keep it.
Setup – 3 easy steps
step 1: download the tedee app, create a new account, and log in
(skip this step if you already have an account)
|Version||6.0 or higher||11.2 or higher|
|Connection||6.0 or higher||Internet and Bluetooth® 4.0 or higher|
Step 2 (options A): power up your tedee bridge USB port + USB charger
Step 2 (option B): power up your tedee bridge micro USB port + cable
Step 2 (options A and B): final check
Note: when you see the RED-BLUE-GREEN-WHITE sequential light signal your tedee bridge is ready to be activated in the tedee app.
Step 3: use the tedee app to activate your tedee bridge
Note: After scanning the QR code or typing in the AC manually follow the instructions in the tedee application.
- unplug the tedee bridge from the power supply, wait 10 seconds, and plug it in again
- wait until the RED – BLUE – GREEN – WHITE sequence of LED light flashes
- now you have 10 seconds to complete the factory reset procedure
- Press and hold the button until the LED lights up red
- when you release the button the LED will blink 3 times (red) and go off
- tedee bridge will restart (it may take up to one minute)
|Model||TBV1.0||Power supply||5V 300mA, 1.5W|
|Weight||ca. 51.6g||WiFi® communication||2.4GHz and 5.0GHz|
|Dimensions||63.5 x 63.5 x 28 mm||Bluetooth® communication||BLE 5.0 2.4GHz|
|Operating temperature||10-40°C (indoor only)||Security||TLS 1.3|
|Operating humidity||maximum 65%||Can be paired with||tedee lock|
|Origin||Poland, EU||Recommended setup||max 2 meters from tedee lock max 10 meters from local router|
|Production batch number||Additional information: The production batch number of your device is the first eight characters of the “Device Serial Number (S / N)” visible on the label on the package and the label on the device itself. For example, the production batch number of the device with the “Device Serial Number (S / N)” 10101010-000001 is 10101010.|
|Marking of color variants||The color variant of the product is marked with a letter at the end of the model name, on the label and on the product rating plate. For example, a device with model TLV1.0 in color variant A is marked as “TLV1.0A”.|
Tedee bridge is equipped with two radio interfaces: Bluetooth BLE 5.0 2,4GHz and Wi-Fi 2,4GHz and 5,0GHz.
radio frequency ranges
|Interface:||Frequency range:||Applies to model:|
|Bluetooth® BLE 5.0 2.4GHz||from 2.4GHz to 2.483GHz||TBV1.0|
|Wi-Fi® 2.4GHz||from 2.4GHz to 2.5GHz||TBV1.0|
|Wi-Fi® 5.0GHz||from 5,150 to 5,350GHz
from 5,470GHz to 5,725GHz
|Additional information:||The symbol on the package:|
|The low-frequency range 5.15-5.35GHz is for indoor use only.||
|Weight||ca. 20.5 g||Power supply||Input: 100-240V AC
Output: 5V DC,
|Dimensions||35 x 66.5 x 14 mm||Symbol of protection class|
To use the tedee bridge, it must be connected to a power source at all times.
Tedee bridge can be powered in two ways:
- by USB charger – plugged directly into a 100-240V AC power outlet
- by micro USB cable – connected to a power supply
Tedee does not take responsibility of any USB charger other than provided or recommended by tedee.
The current software version is visible in the tedee application: device/settings / general / software version.
Tedee bridge software can be updated in two ways: automatically or manually.
Tedee bridge automatically checks for the latest software updates when a Wi-Fi® network is connected to the Internet. In the event of a network failure or communication error, you can directly update the software using the tedee app (Internet and Bluetooth® connections are required).
You can also check the latest available software updates directly in the tedee app: device/settings / general / software version.
Please report any problems with the application that may occur during use (such as login errors or application hangs) to Tedee technical support by email at [email protected], at www.tedee.com/ support or by phone at (+48) 884 088 011 Monday to Friday during business hours from 8:00 to 16:00 (CET).
|Meaning (action)||LED (color)||Signal (type)||Additional information|
|The LED blinks when the device is turned on.
This confirms the initialization process and the end of the system check-up.
|Ready||Red — Blue –
Green — White
|The LED blinks after the device initialize
successfully. This confirms that the tedee bridge is ready to use.
|Factory reset||Red||Dimming light||The LED blinks with three quick red flashes when the button is released. This confirms that the factory settings have been restored.|
|Error||Red||Flashing (fast / slow)||Contact tedee technical support team.|
Compliance and warranty information
EU Declaration of Conformity
Tedee Sp. z o.o. hereby declares that the Tedee Bridge TBV1.0 radio device is in accordance with directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU Declaration of Conformity is available at the following internet address: www.tedee.com/compliance
WEEE / RoHS
To prevent potential negative impact on the environment, consult your local laws and regulations for the proper disposal of electronic devices and batteries in your country. Disposal of batteries – if your tedee device contains batteries (applies to tedee locks), do not dispose of them with regular household waste. Hand them over to an appropriate recycling facility or a collection point. Batteries used in tedee devices do not contain mercury, cadmium, or lead above the levels specified in 2006/66/EC Directive.
Disposal of electronics – do not dispose of your tedee device with regular household waste. Hand it over to an appropriate recycling facility or a collection point.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Tedee Sp. z o.o. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ Logo is a certification mark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
Google, Android, and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC.
Apple and App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
Tedee limited hardware warranty – Tedee Sp. z o.o. warrants that tedee devices are free from hardware defects in materials and workmanship for a period of not less than 2 years from the date of the first retail purchase. Tedee Sp. z o.o. does not take responsibility for the misuse of devices (including methods of charging other than described in this booklet), especially if any changes or modifications to the device hardware or software which are not approved, recommended, or provided by tedee, have been undertaken by the user. Full warranty information is available at the following link: www.tedee.com/warranty
For technical support please contact our support team
Documents / Resources
|tedee TBV1.0 Set + Bridge Cylinder [pdf] Installation Guide|
TBV1.0, Set Bridge Cylinder