Nordic Adapter Door Lock
Quick start with tedee nordic adapter
Tedee nordic adapter can be fitted to any door equipped with a lock that works with Scandinavian profile cylinders.
It’s a part of tedee set. It’s customized for tedee lock to make your door smart.
This booklet will give you an overview of the basic features of tedee nordic adapter and will help you walk through the setup in 3 easy steps.
tedee nordic adapter setup – go to page 6
3 easy steps
Set of items – what’s in the box?
- Lock stabilizer
- Mounting holes
- Adapter shaft
- Groove and hole
- Plate mounting screws (2x)
What’s NOT in the box (but is needed)?
necessary to prepare
step 1 and step 2
Setup – 3 easy steps
step 1: PREPARE your door
- Remove the mounting screws that keep your old knob escutcheon in the door lock.
- Remove the old knob escutcheon from the door lock.
Note: the lock escutcheon on the other side of the door is fixed with the screws you just removed. Make sure to prevent it from falling off either with a tape or just hold it with your hand.
- Please, check if the tailpiece sticks out from the door leaf. Measure it with a ruler. If it’s between 3mm and 10mm, proceed directly to step 2.
If it’s less than 3mm you should remove the tailpiece and replace it with a new one provided in the tedee nordic adapter box. Check the next pages to learn how to do it.
If it’s more than 10mm you should shorten the tailpiece using pliers. Check the next pages to learn how to do it.
[OPTION A] If the tailpiece sticks out less than 3mm
- Remove mounting screws that hold the plate.
- Remove the plate that holds the tailpiece and remove the old tailpiece.
- Replace the old tailpiece with a new one from the tedee nordic adapter box.
Then place back the plate (old or a new one) and secure it with the mounting screws. Note: please measure the tailpiece once again and make sure that it sticks out from the door leaf more than 3mm but less than 10 mm.
If it does, proceed to step 2.
[> 10 mm]
[OPTION B] If the tailpiece sticks out more than 10mm
- Remove mounting screws that hold the plate, then remove the plate and the old tailpiece (follow the steps shown on the previous pages).
- Use two sets of pliers to adjust the length of your tailpiece. Note 1: If you accidentally damage the tailpiece or shorten it too much, you can use the extra tailpiece provided in the tedee nordic adapter box.
Note 2: Please measure the tailpiece once again and make sure that it sticks out from the door leaf more than 3mm but less than 10mm.
If it does, proceed to step 2.
step 2: INSTALL the adapter
- Insert your tedee nordic adapter.
- Mount the adapter with two screws using a Philips screwdriver.
Congratulations, your nordic adapter is now ready to host tedee lock. Note: Before proceeding to step 3 described on the next pages, please read the tedee lock installation guide and user manual and learn how to use your device in a safe and proper manner. When you’re ready, proceed to step 3.
step 3: INSTALL tedee lock
- Align the tedee lock with the shaft of the adapter and push it forward.
IMPORTANT: the mounting screw that extends from the lock mounting hole must fit into the groove on the adapter shaft. Note: double-check if the tedee lock rear wheel is fully adjusted and fits the adapter’s lock stabilizer. The lock is mounted correctly if the wheel remains in a fixed position when you rotate the lock manually.
- Fix the tedee lock tightly on the adapter using the Allen key provided in the tedee lock box. Note 1: Fix the tedee lock tightly on the adapter. Keep rotating the key until it stops (at least two full turns).
Note: Before turning on the tedee lock make sure you read the tedee lock installation guide and user manual and learn how to use your device in a safe and proper manner.
- Turn on the lock.
- Check light signal (LED). Note: after the RED-BLUE-GREEN-WHITE sequential light signal your tedee lock is ready to be added and calibrated in the app.
- Download the tedee app, create a new account, and log in as described in step 2 of the tedee lock installation guide and user manual.
Note: tedee lock which is not added to any account may turn off after a few minutes. If it does so, please turn it on again before starting the calibration.
- Use the tedee app to activate and calibrate your tedee lock as described in step 3 of the tedee lock installation guide and user manual.
Note: follow instructions in the tedee lock installation guide and user manual (step 2 and step 3).
Additional and technical information
tedee nordic adapter
|Models||Nordic-type door lock adapter|
|Variants||tailpiece with cam|
|Manufacturer||GERDA Sp. z o.o. ul. Sokołowska 49, 05-806 Komorów, POLAND
+48 (22) 329 10 30, www.gerda.pl
For technical support please contact our support team
|(+48) 884 088 011
Mon-Fri 8am – 4pm (CET)
Documents / Resources
|tedee Nordic Adapter Door Lock [pdf] User Manual|
Nordic Adapter, Door Lock, Nordic Adapter Door Lock