Euro Adapter for Door Lock
The product should be installed only by professional locksmiths.
Read the installation guide and user manual and learn how to assemble the adapter in a safe and proper manner.
Quick start with tedee euro adapter
Tedee euro adapter can be fitted to any door equipped with a lock that works with euro profile cylinders.
It’s a part of the tedee set. It’s customized for tedee lock to make your door smart.
This booklet will give you an overview of the basic features of the tedee euro adapter and will help you walk through the setup in 3 steps.
tedee euro adapter setup – go to page 7
3 easy steps
Disclaimers and warnings
Tedee euro adapter is a product that can be installed only by professional locksmiths.
Tools needed can cause serious bodily harm. You will need protective gear such as gloves and eye goggles. Before starting make sure all safety measures are met.
Set of items – what’s in the box?
Tedee euro adapter
- Mounting holes
- Clamping screw
- Groove and hole
- Key socket
- Adapter shaft
- Mounting screws (x2)
- Torx key
What’s NOT in the box (but is needed)?
Necessary to prepare
Setup – 3 easy steps
step 1: PREPARE the door and CUT the key
- Please check, how much your cylinder sticks out from the lock escutcheon (from the inside of your apartment). Note: If it’s less than 3mm you will have to replace your old cylinder. You can either:
• Order a GERDA SLR Modular Cylinder and fit it to your door as described in the GERDA SLR Modular Cylinder user manual and installation guide (and install tedee lock directly on it), or
• Consult your locksmith in order to buy any other euro-profile double-clutch cylinder that fits your door.
- Fit the euro adapter on your door cylinder (from the inside of your apartment).
- Insert your key into the cylinder.
- Use a permanent marker to mark a line on your key. Note: The line has to be drawn slightly below the rim of the inner adapter hole. Note: If you already have the key prepared in this way, you’re almost ready to proceed to the next step. Before doing so, make sure you have all the necessary tools: a vice and a hacksaw or an angle grinder.
Warning: Next steps can be carried out by professional locksmiths only – remember to protect your hands with gloves and your eyes with a protective mask or goggles.
Don’t start without hand and eye protection gear!
- Place the key in the vice firmly. Note: The marking line has to be visible and accessible for a hacksaw or an angle grinder – allowing it to be cut across.
- Cut the key in half across the marking line using a handsaw or a grinder.
Be careful and watch out for your hands and eyes. Note: Try cutting the key from top to bottom side until it falls off.
- You can throw the key head away – it will not be needed anymore.
step 2: PREPARE the adapter
- Insert the key shaft in the cylinder keyhole. Note: Firmly push it forward to make sure it doesn’t stick out of the adapter.
- Detach the adapter from the door, but leave the key shaft inside the cylinder.
- Insert the adapter shaft into the mounting hole of your tedee lock.
- Fix the adapter shaft tightly on the tedee lock using the Allen key provided in the tedee lockbox. Note: Keep rotating the key until it stops (at least two full turns).
- Attach the adapter to the rear side of your tedee lock. Note: Make sure that the adapter matches the rear side of your tedee lock.
- Mount the adapter to your tedee lock using two mounting screws. Use the Torx key. Note: Keep rotating the key until it stops.
step 3: install the tedee lock
- Attach the combined tedee lock and adapter with the door lock.
IMPORTANT: make sure that the key shaft fits inside the key socket.
- Fix the adapter tightly on your tedee lock using a clamping screw and Torx key. Note: Keep rotating the Torx key until it stops.
Note: Before turning on the tedee lock make sure you read the tedee lock installation guide and user manual and learn how to use your device in a safe and proper manner.
- Turn on the lock.
- Check light signal (LED). Note: after the RED-BLUE-GREEN-WHITE sequential light signal your tedee lock is ready to be added and calibrated in the app.
- Download the tedee app, create a new account, and log in as described in step 2 of the tedee lock installation guide and user manual.
Note: tedee lock which is not added to any account may turn off after a few minutes. If it does so, please turn it on again before starting the calibration.
- Use the tedee app to activate and calibrate your tedee lock as described in step 3 of the tedee lock installation guide and user manual.
Note: follow instructions in the tedee lock installation guide and user manual (step 2 and step 3).
Additional and technical information
Tedee euro adapter
|Category||euro adapter for euro-profile cylinders|
|Manufacturer||GERDA Sp. z o.o. ul. Sokołowska 49, 05-806 Komorów, POLAND
+48 (22) 329 10 30, www.Gerda.pl
For technical support please contact our support team
|(+48) 884 088 011
Mon-Fri 8am – 4pm (CET)
Documents / Resources
|tedee Euro Adapter for Door Lock [pdf] User Manual|
Euro Adapter, Euro Adapter for Door Lock, Door Lock