TCL T551 HDR Smart Roku TV
CAUTION: Neutral fusing. Disconnect mains before servicing.
Caution: To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not remove cover (or back). No user serviceable parts inside. Refer servicing to qualiﬁed service personnel.
To reduce the risk of ﬁre or electric shock, do not expose this product to rain or moisture. This product should not be exposed to dripping or splashing. No objects ﬁlled with liquids, such as vases, should be placed on the apparatus.
The TV is unstable if it is not properly attached to the base or mounted to the wall. Please follow the base or wall mounting instructions provided in the User’s Guide to ensure your safety.
Warning: The batteries should not be exposed to excessive heat, such as prolonged direct sunlight, open ﬂame, or ﬁre of any kind. Refer to the identiﬁcation/rating label located on the back panel of your product for its proper operating voltage.
Cable TV Installer:
This reminder is provided to call your attention to Article 820-40 of the National Electrical Code (Section 54 of the Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1) which provides guidelines for proper grounding and, in particular, speciﬁes that the cable ground should be connected to the grounding system of the building as close to the point of cable entry as practical.
Important: This television is a table model and is designed to sit on a ﬁrm, ﬂat surface. Do not place the TV on soft carpeting or on a similar surface as this may cause the ventilation slots located on the bottom of the unit to be blocked and may result in reduced product lifespan from overheating. To assure adequate ventilation for this product, maintain a spacing of one (1) inch from the top and side of the TV receiver and two (2) inches from the rear of the TV receiver and other surfaces.
Make sure the TV stand or base you use is of adequate size and strength to prevent the TV from being accidentally tipped over, pushed off, or pulled off. This may cause personal injury and/or damage the TV. Refer to the Important Safety Instructions on the next page. The Power button on this TV and your remote control puts the TV into a very low-power standby mode need to disconnect the power cord from the outlet. The mains plug/appliance coupler is used to TV in a manner that allows you to disconnect the power cord when desired.
Keep your sales receipt to obtain warranty parts and service and for proof of purchase. Attach it here and record the serial and model numbers in case you need them. These numbers are located on the product.
Keep the apparatus at least 8 inches away from the human body.
|Antenna/Cable||480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i (NTSC, ATSC, and QAM formats)|
|HDMI||480i, 480p, 720p/60Hz, 1080i/60Hz, 1080p/60Hz, 2160p/24/30/60Hz|
Important Safety Instructions
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including ampliﬁers) that produce heat.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- WARNING: Please refer the information on exterior bottom enclosure for electrical and safety information before installing or operating the apparatus.
- WARNING: The main plug is used to disconnect the device and should remain readily operable.
- When not in use, tie up the power cordset with a cable tie or with something similar. It should not be near sharp edges as it may cause abrasion of the power cordset. When put into use again, please make sure the power cordset is not damaged. If any damage is found, please use a replacement power cord speciﬁed by the manufacturer or that is identical to the original one.
- No open ﬂame sources, such as lit candles, should be placed on, under, or near the apparatus.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Only use attachments/accessories speciﬁed by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table speciﬁed by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid any injury.
- Refer all servicing to qualiﬁed service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- For safe operation of the apparatus, please follow these installation requirements:
Keep at least 2 inches of ventilation space between the rear cover of the apparatus and the wall. Keep at least 1 inch of ventilation space between the apparatus and all other surfaces. Do not allow any of the apparatus’ ventilation openings to be blocked by objects that might obstruct them, such as newspapers, curtains, table-cloths or any other objects. Do not expose the apparatus to any external heat sources. Do not place any heat sources such as candles, lamps, etc. on the apparatus. Do not expose the device to high levels of humidity or to any possible sources of moisture. When disposing of used batteries from the remote control, consult local regulations regarding proper disposal.
- If an outside antenna or cable system is connected to the product, be sure the antenna or cable system is grounded so as to provide some protection against voltage surges and built-up static charges. Section 810 of the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA No. 70-2011 (Section 54 of Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1) provides information with respect to proper grounding of the mast and supporting structure, grounding of the lead in wire to an antenna-discharge unit, size of grounding conductors, location of antenna discharge unit, connection to grounding electrodes, and requirements for the grounding electrode. See following example:
What’s in the box
What you need
For additional support , please visit support.tcl.com/us
Step 1 Set up your TV
Ready for the step-by-step? You’re only minutes away from TV bliss!
Remove your TV from the box
Be careful, it’s heavy!
To use the stand
- A To prevent damage to the screen, carefully place your TV on a soft, cushioned surface.
- Put the column of the stands into the TV, align the stands with the screw holes located on the TV. Secure the stands to the TV with four (4) screws.
Note: Make sure the installation direction of the stand is the same as illustrated.
To use the cable clip
Insert the cable clip into the back of the TV and route the cables as illustrated.
Never place a television set in an unstable location. A television set may fall, causing serious personal injury or death. Many injuries, particularly to children, can be avoided by taking simple precautions such as:
- Using cabinets or stands recommended by the manufacturer of the television set.
- Only using furniture that can safely support the television set.
- Ensuring the television set is not overhanging the edge of the supporting furniture.
- Not placing the television set on tall furniture (for example, cupboards or bookcases) without anchoring both the furniture and the television set to a suitable support.
- Not placing the television set on cloth or other materials that may be located between the television set and supporting furniture.
- Educating children about the dangers of climbing on furniture to reach the television set or its controls.
If your existing television set is being retained and relocated, the same considerations as above should be applied.
Optional – To mount on a wall
(wall mount not included)
To mount on a wall
Preparation must be done before mounting your TV on a wall.
Note: Do not place your TV in a location exposed to direct sunlight, heat, fire, or moisture. Exposure will damage the TV.
If you are mounting your TV to the wall, don’t attach the stands.
|To mount your TV to the wall, purchase a VESA wall mount|
|Models of 50’’||Purchase a VESA 300×300 (2 M6x12mm 2 M6x18mm screws)|
|Models of 55’’||Purchase a VESA 300×300 (4 M6x12mm screws)|
|Models of 65’’||Purchase a VESA 300×300 (2 M6x12mm 2 M6x16mm screws)|
|Models of 75’’||Purchase a VESA 400×300 (4 M6x23mm screws)|
The VESA number is the horizontal and vertical measurement of the mounting holes. For example, 200X200 refers to the fact that the mounting measurements are 200mm horizontally and 200mm vertically.
Follow the instructions that come with the wall mount. Your wall mount must be able to bear a minimum of ﬁve times the TV’s net weight to avoid causing damage.
Step 2 Power up
In this step, we’ll make sure all systems are GO!
Connect your power cable to the TV, then plug it into the wall outlet.
Power your TV remote by inserting the included batteries.
Connect external devices by referencing port label and descriptions on the next page.
Power Tip! Always replace depleted batteries with two same brand-new batteries from the same manufacturer. Never use damaged batteries.a
If your remote gets warm/hot during use, discontinue use and contact customer support immediately at support.tcl.com/us
Step 3 Grab your remote
The TV remote should feel right at home in your hand. We designed it to be incredibly intuitive for watching TV and navigating on-screen menus.
Here are some buttons you should know about.
- A POWER
- B BACK Return to previous screen
- C HOME Return to Roku Home screen
- D VOLUME Raise and lower volume
- E INSTANT REPLAY Replay the last few seconds of streaming video
- F OPTIONS View more options
- G RWD SCAN Rewind streaming video, scroll left one page at a time
- H FWD SCAN Fast forward streaming video, scroll right one page at a time
Tip! The STAR button gives you easy access to picture settings, display options, and more. Try it on every screen!
Step 4 Get to know your TV
- A STATUS LIGHT Glows when the TV is in standby.
IR RECEIVER Receives signal from the TV remote.
POWER and OPTIONS BUTTON Press once to open the menu. Press and hold to turn o the TV.
- B POWER PORT Connect your TV to the power source with the included power cable.
- C ETHERNET Connect an Ethernet cable to your home Internet router or switch.
- D RESET BUTTON Press once to restart your TV. Press and hold for factory reset, and careful, you will lose all your settings!
- E HDMI PORT Highest quality audio/video connection. Connect cable box, Blu-ray player, gaming console, or other devices to your TV using HDMI cables.
- F HDMI (e)ARC PORT Connect HDMI (e)ARC (audio return channel) capable audio devices like sound bars or AV receivers.
- G ANTENNA/CABLE IN Connect an outdoor VHF/UHF antenna or Cable TV feed.
- H USB PORT Connect a USB device to access photos, music and movies.
- I AV IN adapter AV Input (analog audio/video). The AV Input can be used to connect older devices that use analog audio/video outputs. Compatible adapter (not included) connects to the RCA cable (video – yellow and audio – white and red) that you normally use to connect to that device.
- J HEADPHONE OUT Connect headphones or other external speakers.
- K OPTICAL (DIGITAL AUDIO OUT) Connect an optical cable to an external digital audio system.
Step 5 Complete guided setup and activation
It’s the ﬁnal stretch—hurray!
Your TV will automatically detect wireless networks in your area. Have your network name and password handy and follow the easy on-screen instructions.
Your Roku account: Activate your TCL Roku TV using your computer, smartphone, or tablet to link to a Roku account. You need a Roku account to activate your TV and access entertainment across thousands of streaming channels.
IMPORTANT: Roku doesn’t charge for activation support – beware of scams.
Roku accounts are free and while a valid credit card number is not required to create a Roku account, saving your credit card information makes renting, purchasing, and subscribing to entertainment from the Roku Channel Store fast and convenient. Once connected to your account, your TV will automatically update with the latest software, and you can start streaming immediately. If you aren’t ready to connect your TV to a wireless network, you can still use it as a regular TV.
And setup is done… Congratulations!
Continue using the remote to personalize your Home screen and channel line-up, stream movies, and so much more.
If you have an antenna or cable connected, just click the tuner tile to watch broadcast TV channels. The fun has just begun!
WE ARE READY TO HELP
contact us ﬁrst with any questions
TCL SUPPORT: support.tcl.com/us 1-877-300-8837
Viewing 4K Ultra HD Content
4K Spotlight Channel*
The Roku 4K Spotlight channel is the easiest way to ﬁnd movies, TV shows, and more in stunning resolution. Browse regularly updated, hand-curated selections of 4K titles in categories like Most Popular, Action, Drama, and more.
Next Generation 4K HDR Devices
With HDMI inputs supporting the latest HDMI standards, connect next-gen game systems, Ultra HD blu-ray players and more to enjoy the highest-quality 4K high dynamic range sources.
Upscale 1080p HD to 4K Ultra HD
Enjoy your favorite shows upscaled to near 4K Ultra HD quality with TCL Creative Pro upscaling.
Connecting brings out your TV’s full potential!
Access thousands of streaming channels
Make any night a movie night
Whether you want to watch the hits or the classics, thousands of channels are now yours to choose from.
Stream live news and sports
Over 100 sports channels put you right in the middle of the action. Stay in the know with live news from your trusted channels.
Explore your passions
From ﬁtness and cooking to religion and international programming, we’ve got you covered. Thousands of streaming channels are easily available for you to ﬁnd and enjoy.
Free, live, and premium TV
Hit movies, shows, live news, and more are free on The Roku Channel. Add Premium Subscriptions to stream your favorites. Enjoying your favorite entertainment has never been easier.
Easy Voice Control
Find movie titles, launch or change channels, even switch inputs, using the voice control feature available through the Roku mobile app (iOS or Android™ mobile device required), or with compatible third-party voice assistant-enabled devices and voice-enabled remote controls that can be purchased separately. This feature works with Apple HomeKit (Siri), Alexa, and Hey Google plus requires a free Roku account to set up.
Apple HomeKit provides an easy and secure way for you to use Siri and the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, HomePod or Mac to control your compatible Roku device. And, you can use scenes to group your Roku device with other HomeKit-enabled devices to control an entire room at once.
To learn more, scan QR code or visit: go.tcl.com/airplay-homekit
You can use Amazon Alexa-enabled devices, or the Amazon and Alexa Apps to search and control playback of content, and the ability to launch select streaming channels. Plus, you can power the TV screen on and off, adjust the volume, switch between different input devices such as Over-The-Air antenna, cable box, game consoles, etc. once connected.
To use Alexa to search and control your TCL Roku TV, you need to link your Roku account to your Alexa account.
To learn more, scan QR code or visit: go.tcl.com/alexa
You can use Google Assistant-enabled devices to search and control playback of content, and the ability to launch select streaming channels with just using your voice. Additionally, you can turn your TV on and off, turn up the volume, mute, switch inputs and change channels, if there is an Over-The-Air antenna connected.
To control your TCL Roku TV using your voice with Google, you need to link your Roku account in the Google Home mobile app on your iOS or Android device.
To learn more, scan QR code or visit: go.tcl.com/hey-google
Some Roku Voice capabilities may not be supported when using HomeKit, Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled devices.
Apple, HomeKit and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its afﬁliates. Alexa enabled device is required to work with Alexa. Google, Google Home, and Android are trademarks of Google LLC. Third party features and services may be subject to change or removal without notice.
TCL North America Limited Warranty
All TCL LCD/LED Models
What your warranty covers
Defects in materials or workmanship to the original owner of this TCL product when purchased as new from an Authorized Dealer of TCL brand products in the United States and packaged with this warranty statement.
New LCD/LED Televisions (Non-Commercial Use)
For how long after your purchase:
- One (1) year from date of purchase for parts and labor for non-commercial use.
New LCD/LED Televisions (Commercial Use)
For how long after your purchase:
- Six (6) months from date of purchase for parts and labor for commercial use.
- Commercial use includes, but is not limited to, the use of this product in a commercial or business environment, the use of this product in an institution or for institutional purposes, or other commercial purposes including rental purposes.
What we will do
- At TCL North America’s discretion, (1) pay an Authorized TCL Service Center for both labor charges and parts to repair your television, or (2) replace your television with a new or refurbished/remanufactured equivalent value product. The decision to repair or replace will be made solely by TCL North America. See “How to get service”.
How to get service
- Please have your original purchase receipt or proof of purchase (bill of sale or receipted invoice) which states that condition of the unit (New, Used, etc.), the unit’s date of purchase, place of purchase and model/serial number ready. The model/serial number information can be found on the back of your unit.
- Call 1-877-300-8837 or visit support.tcl.com/us
- A representative must troubleshoot your problem over the telephone or through e-mail before receiving service. If it is determined that your unit requires service, the service location will be at the sole discretion of TCL North America based upon the TCL North America Limited Warranty Statement.
- At the sole discretion of TCL North America, television screen sizes 43” and smaller will either be repaired at an Authorized TCL Service Center or directly exchanged for a new or refurbished/recertiﬁed unit. At the sole discretion of TCL North America, television screen sizes 44” through 75” or larger will either be repaired or directly exchanged for a new or refurbished/recertiﬁed unit at an Authorized TCL Service Center or repaired in-home. In the event of a service visit where the on-site technician, in his-her sole discretion, deems the home or property conditions to be hazardous and/or unsafe, TCL North America reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule the service visit, or opt for an exchange of the in-warranty unit for a refurbished/recertiﬁed unit lieu of the in-home service visit.
- If repaired at an Authorized TCL Service Center, TCL North America is not responsible for transportation costs to the Authorized TCL Service Center. However, TCL North America will pay for return shipping.
TCL North America will provide instructions for packaging and shipping the unit. Units that are improperly packed and damaged during shipping are not covered under your product warranty.
- Proof of purchase in the form of a bill of sale or receipted invoice from an Authorized Dealer which is evidence that the product is within the warranty period must be presented to obtain warranty service.
- In the event that a unit is to be replaced, a picture of the back of the unit showing the model and serial number and picture of the issue itself may be required.
- PRE-AUTHORIZATION MUST BE OBTAINED BEFORE (1) SENDING ANY PRODUCT TO AN AUTHORIZED TCL SERVICE CENTER, OR (2) OBTAINING ANY IN-HOME REPAIR/REPLACEMENT/ RENTAL SERVICES.
TCL North America Limited Warranty
What your warranty does not cover
- A unit sold in “As-Is”, “Used”, “Factory Reconditioned”, “Factory Re-Certified”, or “Refurbished”, condition or with faults.
- Units are physically broken during shipment from a Retailer. Please contact your Retailer for assistance. Extended Service Plans purchased from Retailers. Please contact your Retailer for assistance.
- Customer instruction. (Your Owner’s Manual describes how to install, adjust, and operate your unit. Any additional information should be obtained from your Authorized Dealer).
- Installation and related adjustments, or damage resulting from installation.
- Damage resulting from non-approved installation or repair methods.
- Signal reception problems not caused by your unit.
- Damage from misuse, abuse, neglect, insects, normal wear and tear, cosmetic damage, mishandling,
- faulty installation, or power line surges.
- Markings or images on the television’s panel resulting from viewing ﬁxed images (including but not limited
to certain 4:3 images on wide screen televisions, or data or images in ﬁxed screen locations from banners, video games, or certain broadcast networks).
- Units that have original factory serial numbers that are unreadable or missing, or that have been changed, defaced, or altered in any manner.
- A television that has been modiﬁed or incorporated into other products, or that has had the serial number removed or altered.
- A unit purchased or serviced outside the USA.
- Acts of nature or God, such as but not limited to earthquake or lightning damage.
- Special, incidental or consequential damages.
LIMITATION OF WARRANTY
THE WARRANTY STATED ABOVE IS THE ONLY WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT. NO VERBAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION GIVEN BY TCL NORTH AMERICA, ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A GUARANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE OR MODIFY THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER. TCL NORTH AMERICA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITED WARRANTY ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY AND WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE. THIS WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. PLEASE VISIT WWW.TCL.COM TO VIEW THE MOST CURRENT VERSION.
How State Law relates to this warranty
- Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- This warranty gives you speciﬁc legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state.
If you purchased your unit outside the United States or seek warranty coverage outside the United States:
This warranty does not apply. Contact your dealer for warranty information.
Service calls which do not involve defective materials or workmanship are not covered by this warranty. Costs of such service calls are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
Broadcasting & Operating Environment
Have trouble completing the guided setup? Don’t worry, it’s usually an easy ﬁx.
4K Picture Quality
- 4K picture quality is largely dependent on the source. Make sure your source content is 4K.
- To stream 4K, we recommend a broadband speed of 25Mbps for optimum viewing.
- For Cable, Satellite, Gaming Consoles, and Blu-Ray players, we recommend using
“High-Speed HDMI cables.”
My picture is too small (black bars on the side)
How to install the Remote Control Mobile App
The free Roku app allows you to use your mobile device as a full functioning remote control with voice search & keypad.
- Download the Roku app to your phone or tablet through Google Play or iTunes.
- Simply search for “Roku App” and choose the Roku app by Roku Inc.
- Follow the onscreen prompts and you’re on your way!
Documents / Resources
|TCL T551 HDR Smart Roku TV [pdf] User Manual|
T551 HDR Smart Roku TV, HDR Smart Roku TV, Roku TV, T553, T555
- Photoregister | Help
- TCL Support
- TCL USA | Enjoy More
- TCL — Setting Up Apple AirPlay and HomeKit with TCL Roku TVs
- TCL USA | Enjoy More
- TCL Support
- Welcome | TCL
- TCL — Using Amazon Alexa to Control Your TCL Roku TV
- TCL — How to Enable and Disable Text-to-Speech on My TCL Roku TV?
- EULA | TCL USA
- TCL — TCL Roku TVs work with Hey Google