TCL H161 10L Smartphone Instructions
Safety and use
We recommend that you read this chapter carefully before using your phone. The manufacturer disclaims any liability for damage, which may result as a consequence of improper use or use contrary to the instructions contained herein.
Given that studies show that using a phone while driving a vehicle constitutes a real risk, even when the hands-free kit is used (car kit, headset…), drivers are requested to refrain from using their phone when the vehicle is not parked. Check the laws and regulations on the use of wireless phones and their accessories in the areas where you drive. Always obey them. The use of these devices may be prohibited or restricted in certain areas.
CONDITIONS OF USE:
- You are advised to switch off the phone from time to time to optimize its performance;
- Remember to abide by local authority rules of mobile phone use on aircrafts;
- If your phone is a unibody device, where the back cover and battery are not removable, disassembling the phone will void your warranty.
Disassembling the phone can cause bodily injury if the battery is punctured;
- Always handle your phone with care and keep it in a clean and dust-free place;
- Do not allow your phone to be exposed to adverse weather or environmental conditions, such as moisture, humidity, rain, infiltration of liquids, dust, sea air, etc. The manufacturer’s recommended operating temperature range is -10°C (14°F) to +45°C (113°F). At over 45°C (113°F), the legibility of the phone’s display may be temporarily impaired;
- Do not open, dismantle, or attempt to repair your phone yourself;
- Do not drop, throw, or bend your phone;
- Use only batteries, battery chargers, and accessories which are recommended by TCL Communication Ltd. and its affiliates and are compatible with your phone model. TCL Communication Ltd. and its affiliates disclaim any liability for damage caused by the use of other chargers or batteries;
- Your phone should not be disposed of in a municipal waste. Please check local regulations for disposal of electronic products;
- Remember to make backup copies or keep a written record of all important information stored on your phone;
- Some people may suffer epileptic seizures or blackouts when exposed to flashing lights, or when playing video games. These seizures or blackouts may occur even if a person never had a previous seizure or blackout. If you have experienced seizures or blackouts, or if you have a family history of such occurrences, please consult your doctor before playing video games on your phone or enabling a flashing-lights feature on your phone;
- Parents should monitor their children’s use of video games or other features that incorporate flashing lights on the phones. All persons should discontinue use and consult a doctor if any of the following symptoms occur: convulsion, eye or muscle twitching, loss of awareness, orientation, or movements.
Please note that you must respect the laws and regulations in force in your jurisdiction or other jurisdiction(s) where you will use your phone regarding taking photographs and recording sounds with your phone. Pursuant to such laws and regulations, it may be strictly forbidden to take photographs and/or to record the voices of other people or any of their personal attributes, and reproduce or distribute them, as this may be considered to be an invasion of privacy. It is the user’s sole responsibility to ensure that prior authorization has been obtained, if necessary, in order to record private or confidential conversations or take a photograph of another person; the manufacturer, the seller or vendor of your phone (including the carrier) disclaim any liability which may result from improper use of the phone.
In accordance with air regulations, the battery of your product is not fully charged. Please charge it first.
– Do not attempt to open the battery (due to the risk of toxic fumes and burns).
– For a device with a non-removable battery, do not attempt to eject or replace the battery.
– Do not puncture, disassemble, or cause a short circuit in a battery.
– For a unibody device, do not attempt to open or puncture the back cover.
– Do not burn or dispose of a used battery or phone in household rubbish or store it at temperatures above 60°C (140°F), this can result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas. Similarly, subjecting the battery to extremely low air pressure may result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas. Only use the battery for the purpose for which it was designed and recommended. Never use damaged batteries. Phone, accessory and battery must be disposed of in accordance with locally applicable environmental regulations.
This symbol on your phone, the battery, and the accessories means that these products must be taken to collection points at the end of their life:
- Municipal waste disposal centres with specific bins for these types of equipment;
- Collection bins at points of sale.
They will then be recycled, preventing substances being disposed of in the environment, so that their components can be reused. In European Union countries: These collection points are accessible free of charge. All products with this sign must be brought to these collection points.
In non-European Union jurisdictions:
Items of equipment with this symbol are not to be thrown into ordinary bins if your jurisdiction or your region has suitable recycling and collection facilities; instead they are to be taken to collection points for them to be recycled.
In the United States you may learn more about CTIA’s Recycling Program at http://www.gowirelessgogreen.org/ CAUTION: RISK OF EXPLOSION IF BATTERY IS REPLACED BY AN INCORRECT TYPE. DISPOSE OF USED BATTERIES ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Home A.C./ Travel chargers will operate within the temperature range of: 0°C (32°F) to 40°C (104°F).
The chargers designed for your phone meet the standard for safety of information technology equipment and office equipment use. Due to different applicable electrical specifications, a charger you purchased in one jurisdiction may not work in another jurisdiction. They should be used for this purpose only.
Characteristics of power supply (depending on the country):
Travel charger: Input: 100-240V,50/60Hz, 0.2A
Output: 5V, 1.0A Lithium 3000 mAh
THIS PHONE MEETS THE GOVERNMENT’S REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPOSURE TO RADIO WAVES.
Your phone is a radio transmitter and receiver. It is designed and manufactured not to exceed the emission limits for exposure to radio-frequency (RF) energy. These limits are part of comprehensive guidelines and establish permitted levels of RF energy for the general population. The guidelines are based on standards that were developed by independent scientific organizations through periodic and thorough evaluation of scientific studies. These guidelines include a substantial safety margin designed to ensure the safety of all persons, regardless of age and health.
The exposure standard for phones employs a unit of measurement known as the Specific Absorption Rate, or SAR. The SAR limit set by public authorities such as the Federal Communications Commission of the US Government (FCC), or by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISEDC), is 1.6 W/kg averaged over 1 gram of body tissue. Tests for SAR are conducted using standard operating positions with the phone transmitting at its highest certified power level in all tested frequency bands.
This device is complied with SAR for general population /uncontrolled exposure limits in ANSI/IEEE C95.1-1992 and had been tested in accordance with the measurement methods and procedures specified in IEEE1528.
The FCC has granted an Equipment Authorization for this model phone with all reported SAR levels evaluated as in compliance with the FCC RF exposure guidelines. SAR information on this model phone is on file with the FCC and can be found under the Display Grant section of www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid after searching on FCC ID : 2ACCJH161
Although the SAR is determined at the highest certified power level, the actual SAR level of the phone while operating can be well below the maximum value. This is because the phone is designed to operate at multiple power levels so as to use only the power required to reach the network. In general, the closer you are to a wireless base station antenna, the lower the power output of the phone. Before a phone model is available for sale to the public, compliance with national regulations and standards must be shown.
The highest SAR value for 5031A when tested is 0.81 W/Kg for use at the ear and 1.24 W/Kg for use close to the body.
While there may be differences between the SAR levels of various phones and at various positions, they all meet the government requirement for RF exposure.
For body-worn operation, the phone meets FCC RF exposure guidelines provided that it is used with a non-metallic accessory with the handset at least 15 mm from the body. Use of other accessories may not ensure compliance with FCC RF exposure guidelines.
Additional information on SAR can be found on the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA) Web site: http://www.ctia.org/
The World Health Organization (WHO) considers that present scientific information does not indicate the need for any special precautions for use of phones. If individuals are concerned, they may choose to limit their own or their children’s RF exposure by limiting the length of calls, or using “handsfree” devices to keep phones away from the head and body. Additional WHO information about electromagnetic fields and public health are available on the following website: http://www.who.int/peh-emf.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna;
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver;
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected;
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/ TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
For the receiver devices associated with the operation of a licensed radio service (e.g. FM broadcast), they bear the following statement:
This phone complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. 6
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference;
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Your phone is equipped with a built-in antenna. For optimal operation, you should avoid touching it or degrading it.
As mobile devices offer a range of functions, they can be used in positions other than against your ear. In such circumstances the device will be compliant with the guidelines when used with a headset or usb data cable.
If you are using another accessory ensure that whatever product is used is free of any metal and that it positions the phone at least 15 mm away from the body.
Please note by using the device some of your personal data may be shared with the main device. It is under your own responsibility to protect your own personal data, not to share with it with any unauthorized devices or third party devices connected to yours. For products with Wi-Fi features,
only connect to trusted Wi-Fi networks. Also when using your product as a hotspot (where available), use network security. These precautions will help prevent unauthorized access to your device. Your product can store personal information in various locations including a SIM card, memory card, and built-in memory. Be sure to remove or clear all personal information before you recycle, return, or give away your product. Choose your apps and updates carefully, and install from trusted sources only. Some apps can impact your product’s performance and/or have access to private information including account details, call data, location details and network resources.
Note that any data shared with TCL Communication Ltd. is stored in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. For these purposes TCL Communication Ltd. implements and maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect all personal data, for example against unauthorized or unlawful processing and accidental loss or destruction of or damage to such personal data whereby the measures shall provide a level of security that is appropriate having regard to
- The technical possibilities available;
- The costs for implementing the measures; 7
- The risks involved with the processing of the personal data, and;
- The sensitivity of the personal data processed. You can access, review, and edit your personal information at any time by logging into your user account, visiting your user profile or by contacting us directly. Should you require us to edit or delete your personal data, we may ask you to provide us with evidence of your identity before we can act on your request.
The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License (the text will show when you touch Google legal in Settings > About phone > Legal information) (1). You have purchased a product which uses the open source (http://opensource.org/) programs mtd, msdosfs, netfilter/iptables and initrd in object code and other open source programs licensed under the GNU General Public Licence and Apache Licence.
(1) May not be available in all countries. 8
We will provide you with a complete copy of the corresponding source codes upon request within a period of three years from the distribution of the product by TCL Communication Ltd. You may download the source codes from http://sourceforge.net/projects/alcatel/files/. The provision of the source code is free of charge from the internet.
- Internet address: www.alcatelmobile.com
- Hotline: See the “SERVICES” leaflet that came with your phone or go to our website.
- Manufacturer: TCL Communication Ltd.
- Address: 5/F, Building 22E, 22 Science Park East Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
- Electronic labeling path: Touch Settings > Regulatory & safety or press *#07# to find more information about labeling (1), such as FCC ID.
On our website, you will find our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section. You can also contact us by email to ask any questions you may have. Your phone is a transceiver that operates on GSM in quad-band (B2/3/5/8), UMTS in penta-band (B1/2/4/5/8) or LTE (B2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/ 26/28/38/40/66).
(1) This may vary depending on country. 9
Protection against theft (1)
Your phone is identified by an IMEI (phone serial number) shown on the packaging label and in the phone’s memory. We recommend that you note the number the first time you use your phone by entering *#06# and keep it in a safe place. It may be requested by the police or your carrier if your phone is stolen. This number allows your phone to be blocked preventing a third person from using it, even with a different SIM card.
There may be certain differences between the user manual description and the phone’s operation, depending on the software release of your phone or specific carrier services. TCL Communication Ltd. shall not be held legally responsible for such differences, if any, nor for their potential consequences, which responsibility shall be borne by the carrier exclusively.
Your phone is warranted against any defect or malfunctioning which may occur in conditions of normal use during the warranty period of twelve (12) months (2) from the date of purchase as shown on your original invoice. Batteries (3) and accessories sold with your phone are also warranted against any defect which may occur during the first six (6) months (1) from the date of purchase as shown on your original invoice.
(1) Contact your service provider to check service availability. (2) The warranty period may vary depending on your country. (3) The life of a rechargeable phone battery in terms of conversation time, standby time and total service life, will depend on the conditions of use and network
configuration. Batteries being considered expendable supplies, the specifications state that you should obtain optimal performance for your phone during the first six months after purchase and for approximately 200 more recharges.
In case of any defect of your phone which prevents you from normal use thereof, you must immediately inform your vendor and present your phone with your proof of purchase.
If the defect is confirmed, your phone or part thereof will be either replaced or repaired, as appropriate. Repaired phone and accessories are entitled to a one (1) month warranty for the same defect. Repair or replacement may be carried out using reconditioned components offering equivalent functionality.
This warranty covers the cost of parts and labor but excludes any other costs.
This warranty shall not apply to defects to your phone and/or accessory due to (without any limitation):
– Non-compliance with the instructions for use or installation, or with technical and safety standards applicable in the geographical area where your phone is used;
– Connection to any equipment not supplied or not recommended by TCL Communication Ltd.;
– Modification or repair performed by individuals not authorised by TCL Communication Ltd. or its affiliates or your vendor;
– Modification, adjustment or alteration of software or hardware performed by individuals not authorised by TCL Communication Ltd.;
– Inclement weather, lightning, fire, humidity, infiltration of liquids or foods, chemical products, download of files, crash, high voltage, corrosion, oxidation…
There are no express warranties, whether written, oral or implied, other than this printed limited warranty or the mandatory warranty provided by your country or jurisdiction.
In no event shall TCL Communication Ltd. or any of its affiliates be liable for indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any nature whatsoever, including but not limited to commercial or financial loss or damage, loss of data or loss of image to the full extent those damages can be disclaimed by law.
Some countries/states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of indirect, incidental or consequential damages, or limitation of the duration of implied warranties, so the preceding limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
Documents / Resources
|TCL H161 10L Smartphone [pdf] Instructions|
H161, 2ACCJH161, 5031A, H161 10L Smartphone, 10L, Smartphone, H161 10L Smartphone
- CTIA - Home
- CTIA - Home
- Federal Communications Commission | The United States of America
- Home | Alcatel Mobile | Alcatel 1S | Alcatel 1X | Alcatel 3
- Alcatel Mobile - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
- News from the blog | Open Source Initiative