Congratulations on your purchase of the SVEN electric kettle!
Please read this User’s Мanual before using the unit and retain this User’s Мanual in a safe place for future reference.
© 2019. SVEN PTE. LTD. Version 1.0 (V 1.0).
This Мanual and information contained in it are copyrighted. All rights reserved.
All trademarks are the property of their legal holders.
- Unpack the device carefully. Make sure there are no accessories left in the box. Check up the device for damage; if the product was damaged during transportation, address the ﬁrm which carried out the delivery; if the product functions incorrectly and addresses the dealer at once.
- Shipping and transportation equipment is permitted only in the original container.
- Does not require special conditions for realization.
- Dispose of in accordance with regulations for the disposal of household and computer equipment.
- Kettle – 1 pc
- Stand with power cord and storage compartment – 1 pc
- User’s Manual – 1 pc
- Warranty card – 1 pc
- Use the unit according to its intended purpose only and follow the instruction. Before using the electric kettle, read this instruction carefully.
- Each time before turning on the device, inspect it. If there is device damage and/or power cord damage, do not plug it into the outlet.
- Use only the accessories provided with the device.
- The device and power cord should be stored so that they are not exposed to high temperatures, direct sunlight, and moisture.
- Do not leave the operating kettle unattended! If you no longer use the appliance, always turn it oﬀ.
- This device is not intended for use by children; or persons who may suﬀer from a mental and/or physical impairment-unless. They are adequately supervised in their operation and use. Persons who have a limited or no understanding of the operation and use of this device should ﬁrst read and fully understand the contents of the enclosed User’s Manual and where appropriate seek additional guidance on its operation and use from the person responsible for their safety. It is necessary to supervise children in order to prevent their playing with this device.
- Do not use the device in rooms where there may be vapors of ﬂammable substances in the air.
Attention! To prevent the risk of ﬁre or electric shock, avoid contact with water and operation in high humidity environments. Do not use the appliance near bathtubs, sinks, or other containers ﬁlled with water.
- Do not immerse any part of the appliance in water or other liquid. Do not operate the appliance with wet hands. If the appliance gets wet, unplug it immediately.
- In the event of the device falling into the water, unplug it immediately. In this case, in any case, do not put your hands in water. Do not use the appliance after a fall if there are visible signs of damage. Before use, the device must be checked by a qualiﬁed technician.
- To power, the device, use a power grid with proper speciﬁcations. The power supply voltage must correspond to the data indicated on the device panel.
- The device can only be connected to a grounded network. To ensure your safety, grounding must be in accordance with the electrical requirements. Do not use non-standard power supplies or connected devices. When using an extension cord, make sure it is grounded.
- Before switching on the device, make sure that the switch is in the OFF (О) position.
- Do not carry the device by holding it behind the mains lead. It is also prohibited to disconnect the device from the network by holding it behind the mains lead. When disconnecting the device from the network, hold on the plug.
- Avoid hanging the cord through the sharp of the table or touching it on heated surfaces.
- After use, never wind the power cord around the device, as over time this can lead to a broken wire. Always smoothly straighten the wire during storage.
- Do not operate the kettle with a damaged power cord, as well as in cases where the normal operation of the product is disturbed, if it has been applied or has been damaged in any other way.
- Do not use the kettle outdoors.
- Do not repair the kettle yourself. Repairs should only be carried out by qualiﬁed service personnel. Never open the device on your own – this can cause an electric shock, lead to the failure of the device, and void the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Only original spare parts can be used to repair the device.
- Any incorrect use of the product will void the warranty.
SPECIAL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS DEVICE
- Use the kettle only to heat the water. Never ﬁll the kettle with the other liquids.
Never turn the kettle on without water!
Attention! Your kettle is equipped with an overheating protection system. If there is no or little water in the kettle, it will automatically turn oﬀ in case of overheating. If this happens, you must wait at least half an hour to cool the kettle, after which you can pour water.
- Pour only cold drinking water into the kettle.
- Do not place the kettle near the walls, in the corner of the room, under overhanging panels, or in kitchen cabinets, avoid falling and being hit by foreign objects.
- Place the kettle on heat-resistant, dry, hard, and level surfaces.
- Do not place the kettle near gas and electric stoves, or ovens.
- Do not ﬁll the kettle above the max mark and below the min.
- Dangling cords can cause accidents, especially if children are pulling on the cord. It is recommended to put the kettle on the work surface as far as possible from the edge of the table/work surface.
- Ensure that the lid of the kettle is tightly closed during heating. Do not open the lid while the water is boiling. This can cause burns.
- Never pour water into the kettle when it is on the stand.
- Do not touch the body of the kettle (as it gets warm after switching on), and do not hold your hands over the steam coming out from under the lid. Take the kettle only by the handle.
- Pour the water out of the kettle gradually. Remember that inside is boiling water.
- Do not use the device if the kettle, power supply, wire, or plug is damaged.
- Do not place the kettle near a heat source (as the body of the appliance may be damaged).
- Ensure that no water gets into the electrical connections on the power stand, wire, plug, or switch.
- The power stand can only be used with the Sven kettle of this model, just as the kettle can only be used on the stand included in the kit.
- At the time of putting the kettle on the stand, the power button should be in the OFF (О) position.
- The formation after boiling on the base of the kettle is allowed a small amount of water (up to 1 g), which is a consequence of steam condensation during the operation of the device.
- Never leave the appliance unattended when in use.
SCOPE OF USE
The device is intended for domestic and similar use in accordance with this manual.
- The device is not intended for industrial and commercial use.
- The manufacturer is not liable for damage resulting from incorrect or unforeseen use of this instruction.
- Lid opening button
- On/Oﬀ button (I/O)
PREPARATION AND OPERATION
Before ﬁrst use, unpack the kettle and remove all the packing materials inside the box and kettle. Remove from the kettle e all stickers.
- Save original packaging.
- Check equipment. Read the security guidelines.
- Inspect the kettle for defects.
- Put stand g on ﬂat, stable, hard surface.
- Click on lid opening button1 and lift it.
- Rinse the container several times with cold water. You can use non-abrasive and non-aggressive means.
- Fill the kettle with the required amount of water. Ensure that the water level during ﬁlling is always higher than min and lower than max marks.
- Close kettle lid 1 to complete ﬁxation.
- Put the kettle on stand 7. Insert the plug into the outlet. When using an extension cord, make sure that it is with a ground line.
- Turn the kettle on using the ON/OFF
3switch (I/O). Indicator f will light up. The kettle turns oﬀ automatically when water boils. The switch automatically returns to the OFF(О) position, indicator f goes out. Boiling can be stopped by turning the power button to the OFF(О) position.
- Make sure the kettle is turned oﬀ, or turn it oﬀ manually before removing the device from the stand to pour water.
- The hot water obtained as a result of the ﬁrst two boiling is not recommended to drink, you can use it for domestic needs.
- It is not recommended to boil the same water twice.
- Pour the water out of the kettle gradually. Remember, there is boiling water inside the kettle. Always hold the kettle by the handle only (it does not heat up during boiling).
CLEANING AND CARE
Regular kettle cleaning against scale will prolong its service life. During daily kettle use (up to 5 times per day), the following descaling frequency is recommended:
- Once every 3 months – for regions with soft water (till 18 DH).
- Once per month – for areas with hard water (more than 18 DH).
- Always unplug the device before cleaning and let it cool.
- Never immerse the power cord, plug or stand in water or keep them under current water.
- Make sure that water does not get into electrical connections.
- Wipe the outside of the kettle with a clean, soft, damp cloth. Do not use abrasive or aggressive cleaning products.
- The device is equipped with a hidden heating element that does not have contact with water. This design minimizes cleaning the inner surface of the kettle.
- In the case of increased water hardness, scale and sediment may form in the boiling tank. When using special cleaning agents follow the instructions for their use, which should be placed on the packaging or in additional materials, cleaning agent. For descaling, you can use both individual cleaning products for descaling and household cleaners, such as vinegar or citric acid.
The main recommendations for cleaning the kettle from the scale with the use of vinegar:
- Fill the kettle halfway with water.
- For every 2 cups of water, add 6 tablespoons of 8% white vinegar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Repeat the procedure, if necessary. Rinse the kettle.
- Allow the teapot and stand to dry completely before further use.
The main recommendations for cleaning the kettle from the scale using citric acid:
- Dissolve 25 g of citric acid in 0.5 liters of hot water.
- Pour the resulting solution into the kettle and leave for 15 minutes.
- Drain the solution and rinse the kettle twice under running water.
If the scale remains in the kettle, repeat the procedure described above.
Note: At the end of the life of the appliance, do not dispose of it with regular household waste, but transfer it to an ofﬁcial collection point for recycling. In this way, you will help to preserve the environment.
|Parameter, the measurement unit||Value|
|Voltage, V||220 – 240|
|Power, W||1500 – 1850|
|Cable length, cm||up to 65|
- Technical speciﬁcations given in this table are supplemental information and cannot give an occasion to claims.
- Technical speciﬁcations and package contents are subject to change without notice due to the improvement of SVEN production. Technical support is on www.sven.ﬁ.
Manufacturer: SVEN PTE. LTD, 176 Joo Chiat Road,
№ 02-02, Singapore, 427447. Produced under the control
of Oy Sven Scandinavia Ltd. 15, Kotolahdentie,
Kotka, Finland, 48310. Made in China.
® Registered Trademark
of Oy SVEN
Scandinavia Ltd. Finland
Documents / Resources
|SVEN KT-D1705 Electric Kettle [pdf] User Manual|
KT-D1705 Electric Kettle, KT-D1705, Electric Kettle