SUNFORCE 82193 Solar Motion Activated Security Light Installation Guide
* To be used for mounting on common surfaces such as wood, drywall, brick, etc. For any other mounting options, please visit your local hardware store.
IMPORTANT, RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE: READ CAREFULLY
Questions, problems, missing parts?
For assistance with assembly or instruction, parts and customer service, call:
U.S.A. & Canada only: 1-888-478-6435
(English/French/Spanish language services).
8:30 am – 5 pm Monday-Friday,
Eastern Standard Time
or email: [email protected]
CAUTIONS: SAFETY INFORMATION
- Your motion light is not a toy. Keep it out of reach of small children.
- Your motion light and solar panel are both weather-resistant. . You can mount your motion light indoors, but your solar panel must be installed outdoors to receive light from the sun.
- If using a step ladder, you may require a second person to help install the solar motion light.
- Prior to installation, lay out all components to ensure they correspond to the parts diagram on the cover page.
- Never look directly into the solar motion light when illuminated.
CAUTIONS: BATTERY INSTRUCTIONS
- USE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES ONLY.
- Always purchase the correct size and grade of battery most suitable for the intended use: for this product use two rechargeable 18650 3.7V lithium-ion batteries.
- Always replace the whole set of batteries at one time, taking care not to mix old and new ones, or batteries of different types.
- Clean the battery contacts and also those of the device prior to the battery installation.
- Ensure the batteries are installed correctly with regard to polarity (+ and -).
- Remove batteries from equipment which are not to be used for an extended period of time.
- Remove any defective or ‘dead’ batteries immediately and replace.
For recycling and disposal of batteries to protect the environment, please check the internet or your local phone directory for local recycling centres and/or follow local government regulations. For more information on battery housing and location, refer to Step 7 on page 3.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
- From time to time, ensure the plug between the solar panel and light is securely connected.
- It is advisable to adjust the angle of the solar panel to optimize the exposure of the sun during the winter months.
- The solar panel should be cleaned with a damp cotton cloth on a regular basis. This will ensure optimal performance and battery charging. Periodically, utilize the same technique to clean the lenses of the motion light.
- Never let any abrasive material come into contact with the solar panel.
- Dual brightness settings
- Super bright white LEDs • Adjustable motion sensor • Frosted lenses
- Adjustable time and distance settings • Solar panel with 4.5 m/ 14.7 ft wire • Easy mounting solution
- TEST allows the motion light to operate in daylight. Prior to installation select test and the light will come on, and then it will turn off. This is normal. After the light has turned off, wave your hand in front of the motion sensor and the light should activate again. The light is working and you can proceed with installation.
- Remember it is important to make sure the light is only in TEST mode during initial installation or when troubleshooting.
- REFER TO STEP 6.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where should the solar panel be mounted?
Mount your solar panel in a position that will enable the most amount of light to be absorbed (refer to Step 1 on page 2). In the Northern Hemisphere this is usually south facing.
2. Does the solar panel require direct sun to charge?
The solar panel can charge the internal batteries in direct and indirect light. For best results, try to optimize your solar panel’s sun exposure.
3. Can additional or extended cable wire for the solar panel be purchased?
At this point there are no extensions available for the cable that connects the light to the solar panel.
4. Why does the solar motion light appear to “strobe” or flash?
A rapidly flashing light is caused by undercharged batteries. Turn the solar motion light to the “OFF” position and charge for two full sunny days to bring the batteries to full charge.
5. Will decorative or street lights have an effect on the motion sensor’s ability to operate?
Yes, the sensor of the solar motion light is light-sensitive. For nighttime usage, ensure no other light interferes with the motion sensor.
6. What type of battery does my solar motion light require to operate?
For optimal performance, your solar motion light requires the use of two rechargeable 3.7V lithium-ion batteries.
7. Can this light be used to come on automatically at dusk and turn off in the morning?
No, this solar motion light is only activated by motion, there is no dusk to dawn feature.
MADE IN CHINA
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Documents / Resources
|SUNFORCE 82193 Solar Motion Activated Security Light [pdf] Installation Guide|
82193, Solar Motion Activated Security Light