RAD TORQUE B-RAD 275 Battery Series B-RAD Select BL Wrench
User manual for B-RAD SELECT:
- B-RAD 275
- B-RAD 2000-2
- B-RAD 700
- B-RAD 4000
- B-RAD 1400
- B-RAD 4000-2
- B-RAD 1400-2
- B-RAD 7000
- B-RAD 2000
|CATETAN: Do not operate the tool before reading these instructions. If breakdown, malfunction or damage occurs, do not attempt to repair, please contact RAD Torque Systems B.V. immediately.|
RAD battery torque wrenches are reversible, non-impacting, torque controlled tightening tools and must always be operated with the following:
- Fully charged battery.
- Impact sockets with locking pin and o-ring.
- Proper reaction arm with retaining ring.
|CATETAN: These torque wrenches contain metal components that can be dangerous in hazardous areas.|
- Pastikeun batréna tos dieusi pinuh.
- Geser dina pak batre nepi ka aktip.
- Nyepetkeun sareng ngamankeun panangan réaksi dina sisi gearbox anu bergerigi nganggo cincin penahan.
- Nyebarkeun ring panahan kabuka kalayan obeng sarta nempatkeun sisi kabuka dina alur dina tungtung gearbox nu.
- Teras pencét laun-laun cingcin panahan dugi ka tutup lengkep.
- Pikeun miceun panangan réaksi, nempatkeun obeng dina awal cingcin nahan sarta nyebarkeun ring nahan muka. Teras cabut cincin penahan sareng cabut panangan réaksi.
Setting direction of rotation
Only operate the rotational direction switch and transportation switch when the motor is at standstill, see Figure 3.
Right setting = Tightening
Left setting = Loosening
Central setting = Transportation position
|CATETAN: In case a higher accuracy, more precise torque settings and presets are required, we advise to select one of the Digital Battery Serie models.|
When the tool is in operation the reaction arm rotates in the opposite direction to the output square drive and must be allowed to rest squarely against a solid object or surface adjacent to the bolt to be tightened.
Operating the torque wrench
- Use only suitable and proper impact sockets.
- The handle can be rotated.
- Make sure that there is no movement between the tool and the reaction arm.
- The reaction arm placed against a solid reaction point before the trigger is pulled.
This prevents movement of reaction arm.
- The trigger should be pressed until the torque wrench stops automatically.
Modél Témbong LED
The LED Display and the Buttons are the interface for the B-RAD Select (See Figure 3). The LED Display has 4 digits that display torque values and menu options. The (plus, increase) and (minus, decrease) buttons are used to modify numbers and navigate the various menus in the module. The interface is described in detail in Section 3 Interface and Settings.
To turn on the LED Display, attach the RAD Li-Ion Battery to the B-RAD Select handle and press the Trigger Switch momentarily. The Display will light a small LED indicator near each button when a button is being pushed or held down. The Display will dim after 15 seconds of inactivity. Lightly pull the trigger or press a button to brighten the display.
The display will turn off after 30 seconds. To turn it back on, lightly pull the trigger.
|PERHATIAN! The LED Display Module may be damaged by mechanical shock, electrostatic discharge, excessive force, moisture, or extreme temperatures. Avoid such conditions and gently wipe clean or let dry before use.|
|PERHATOSAN: Keep your hand and body parts clear of the reaction arm and barrel when the tool is in operation.|
When the B-RAD Select is powered on, the LED Display will start in Torque Select Mode (Figure 3A). Note: If the tool has just been calibrated, the LED Display will show the tool’s rated minimum torque. When N·m (metric) units are used, the “N·m” indicator will light on the keypad. When ft·lb (imperial) units are used, the “ft·lb” indicator will light. (Refer to Section 3.7 Change the Torque Units)
To change the torque value:
- Press and hold a button until a digit starts blinking. The – (minus) button starts the left-most digit blinking. If you press and hold the - button again, the selected digit moves to the right. The opposite happens with the + (plus) button.
- Pencét + or - button quickly to change the digits by one unit at a time. Other digits may be selected (see Step 1) to fine-tune the torque setting.
- The selected torque value will be saved and ready after 5 seconds. Alternatively, press and hold a button until the digit stops flashing. The display will blink, indicating that the value is saved. The torque value will be saved even when the battery is removed.
The Information Menu allows you to change torque units, view batréna voltage, change LED brightness, enter an unlock code, and view the program version. The menu items are described below.
To enter the Information Menu:
- While in Torque Select mode, press the + kancing - sakaligus.
- To move to the next item, hold the + tombol jeung pencét éta - button. To go to a previous menu item, hold the - tombol jeung pencét éta + tombol.
- To exit the menu, hold both buttons until the Torque Value is displayed. If an unlock code was entered, the locked or unlock mode will be displayed on the LEDs before the menu exits.
Ngarobah Unit Torsi
- Press a button to toggle between (foot-pounds) and n (newtonmetres) as shown in Figures 3C and 3D
- To exit the Unit Select menu, press and hold both buttons.
The torque may be set in discrete levels from 1 to 50 over the calibrated range instead of using torque units. Setting 1 is the minimum calibrated torque, setting 50 is the maximum calibrated torque, and the points in between are evenly spaced over the tool’s range. Contact RAD torque systems B.V. to activate this mode.
- The N·m indicator lights when N·m units are used (Figure 3E), and the ft·lb indicator lights when ft·lb units are used (Figure 3F).
Catetan: When the units are changed, the torque setting will be converted into the new units.
View the Battery Voltage
- Move to the next menu item: “batt.” The battery voltage is shown (Figures 3G and 3H).
- Nalika batré voltage gets too low, the message “Lo-b” will flash on any screen to warn you that the battery needs charging.
Asupkeun Konci atawa Konci Konci
- Move to the next menu item: “Lock.” The flashing line indicators on the screen keep track of the number of button presses used to enter a code (Figures 3I and 3J).
- Enter a code using the + jeung - buttons. The desired code will depend on which features are needed.
- Navigate forward or press and hold both buttons to accept the code and close the menu. The new Unlock level will scroll across the screen.
|Before initial use, check that the voltage and frequency stated on the charger’s rating plate match the figures for your own electrical supply.|
|Unplug charger immediately if the cable or charger is damaged. Unplug immediately if any sign of smoke or flames.|
|To reduce risk of injury, charge only rechargeable RAD batteries, other types of batteries may burst causing personal injury and damage.|
|Do not submit the casing to impact or drill into the casing. Do not throw battery packs or charger in fire or immerse in water. Keep battery packs dry. Do not use any damaged or deformed battery packs.|
|RAD chargers should only be operated between 0-49 degrees Celsius. Keep away from moisture.|
|Slightly acidic, flammable fluid may leak from defective Li-ion battery packs. If battery fluid leaks out and comes into contact with your skin, rinse immediately with plenty of water. If battery fluid leaks and comes into contact with your eyes, wash them with clean water and seek medical treatment immediately.|
Lithium-ion battery chargers are to be used exclusively for charging RAD 18V Lithium-ion battery packs with the maximum capacity of 5.2AH.
|Catetan: To prevent the battery from draining, always remove battery from tool before storage.|
Battery pack faults
Warning indicator stays on
The battery pack is not being charged. The temperature is too high or too low. If the temperature of the battery pack is between 0 – 49 degrees Celsius, the charging process begins automatically.
Warning indicator flashes on
The battery pack is defective, remove from charger immediately.
The battery fails to charge, contacts may be dirty. Remove the battery pack, clean the contacts and replace the charger.
|Catetan: In the case of prolongued activity of electromagnetic disturbances, the battery charger ends the charging process prematurely for safety reasons. Remove the plug and plug in again after 2 seconds.|
In the case of overheating, the battery will give a loud beep tone. The Lithium-ion battery should be disconnected immediately to cool down. The Lithium-ion battery can be used again once it is cooled down.
Before initial use, check that the voltage and frequency stated on the rating plate match your own electrical supply and check that the ventilation slits are clear. Minimum clearance from other objects is 5 centimeters.
- Connect to electrical supply, the red and green indicator lights up for approximately 1 second.
- Once the self test is completed, the indicator lights are off.
- Insert the battery pack into the charging shaft socket; push it to the back until it engages.
- Charge the battery pack before use. Only once it has been charged and discharged five charging cycles does the battery pack reach its full charging capacity. You may store charged Lithium-ion battery packs and recharge them after an interval of no more than six months.
Nyoplokkeun sareng lebetkeun bungkus batréna
Panyabutan: Press and hold the release button and remove the battery pack.
Nyelapkeun: Geser dina pak batre nepi ka aktip.
Movement of the reacon arm
Masang panangan réaksi
Ensure the reaction arm and retaining ring are installed securely to hold the reaction arm in place. Make sure the reaction arm is in contact with a solid reaction point before you operate the tool. When the tool is in operation the reaction arm rotates in the opposite direction to the output square drive and must be allowed to rest squarely against a solid object or surface adjacent to the bolt to be tightened, see Figure 6.
|PERHATOSAN: While in use, this tool must be supported at all times in order to prevent unexpected release in the event of a fastener or component failure!|
jangkungna panangan réaksi
Ensure the height of the socket is even with the height of the reaction arm as seen below in Figure 6A. The height of the socket cannot be shorter or higher than the height of the reaction arm as seen below in Figure 6B and Figure 6C.
|CATETAN: Réaksi anu teu leres bakal ngabatalkeun jaminan sareng tiasa nyababkeun gagalna alat prématur.|
Réaksi panangan suku
Ensure the foot of the reaction arm aligns with the length of the nut as seen in Figure 7A. The length of the foot cannot be shorter or longer than the nut as seen in Figure 7B and Figure 7C.
Ensure the reaction arm reacts off the middle of the foot as seen in Figure 8A. Do not react off the heel of the reaction foot as seen in Figure 8B.
Please contact RAD Torque Systems B.V. or your local RAD authorized distributor for custom reaction arms.
|PERHATOSAN: Always keep your hand and body parts clear of the reaction arm and barrel when the tool is in operation, see Figure 8C.|
|Catetan: FOR ADDED SAFETY, WE ADVISE TO ORDER THE OPTIONAL THE DOUBLE SAFETY TRIGGER WITH PART NO: 25949. THIS REDUCES FINGER PINCHING HAZARDS.|
RAD tools are developed for tightening and loosening threaded fasteners using very high forces. For your safety and that of others, warning labels and attention labels are prominently attached to the torque wrench and its accessories.
|CATETAN: Pastikeun anjeun niténan arah dina labél peringatan sepanjang waktos.|
Parabot RAD parantos dirarancang kalayan merhatikeun kasalametan, kumaha ogé, sareng sadaya alat anjeun kedah merhatikeun sadaya prakték kaamanan bengkel umum, sareng khususna ieu:
- Before using your new tool, get familiar with all its accessories and how they work
- Always wear safety goggles when the tool is in operation
- Make sure the reaction arm is in contact with a solid contact point before you operate the tool
- Keep your body parts clear of the reaction arm and the contact point
- Make sure the reaction arm retaining ring is securely in place to hold the reaction arm or blank in place.
Alat RAD aman sareng dipercaya. Henteu nuturkeun pancegahan sareng petunjuk anu digariskeun di dieu tiasa nyababkeun cilaka anjeun sareng sasama padamel anjeun. RAD Torque Systems BV incorporated henteu tanggung jawab pikeun tatu sapertos kitu.
Garansi alat anyar
(1) RAD B.V. guarantees the proper performance of the goods delivered for a period of twelve (12) months after delivery to the final customer and is limited to fifteen (15) months after the original RAD B.V. calibration date. (2) Excluded from this warranty are electric components of RAD B.V.’s digital tools (e.g. MB-RAD, MV-RAD, E-RAD, SmartSocketTM, RT and TV-RAD) which have a twelve (12) month warranty after date of delivery to the final customer with a maximum of nine (9) months after the original RAD B.V. calibration date. Mechanical components of these tools fall under the terms of paragraph 1.
jaminan alat repaired
(1) Sakali alat geus saluareun jaminan alat anyar na, RAD BV, salila tilu (3) bulan ti tanggal perbaikan, bakal ngaganti atawa ngalereskeun pikeun purchaser aslina, haratis, bagian mana wae atawa bagian, kapanggih. kana ujian ku RAD BV, janten cacad dina bahan atawa workmanship atawa duanana. Upami aya alat atanapi bagian anu diganti atanapi dilereskeun dina syarat sareng kaayaan jaminan ieu, alat atanapi bagian éta bakal mawa sésa jaminan ti tanggal perbaikan asli. Pikeun cocog pikeun jaminan anu disebatkeun di luhur, bewara tinulis ka RAD BV kedah langsung dipasihkeun saatos mendakan cacad sapertos kitu, dina waktos éta RAD BV bakal ngaluarkeun otorisasi pikeun ngabalikeun alat. Alat anu cacad kedah langsung dipulangkeun ka RAD BV, sadaya biaya angkot parantos dibayar. Nalika mulangkeun alat, panangan réaksi anu dianggo sareng alat ogé kedah dipulangkeun.
Konsumén teu tiasa naroskeun garansi upami
(1) the defect, wholly or partly, is due to unusual, inappropriate, improper or careless use of a delivery;
(2) the defect, wholly or partly, is due to normal wear and tear or lack of proper maintenance;
(3) the defect, wholly or partly, is due to installation, assembly, modification and/or repair by the Customer or by third parties;
(4) the delivery is altered, modified, used or processed;
(5) the delivery is transferred to a third party;
(6) RAD B.V. has obtained the tool, wholly or partly, from a third party, and RAD B.V. cannot claim compensation under warranty;
(7) RAD B.V. in manufacturing of the tool, has used raw materials, and suchlike on the instructions of the Customer;
(8) the tool has a small deviation in its quality, finishing, size, composition and suchlike, which is not unusual in the industry or if the defect was technically unavoidable;
(9) the Customer has not promptly and correctly fulfilled all obligations under the agreement towards RAD B.V.
RAD torsi Systems BV
Zuidergracht 19 3763 LS Soest
Telepon: +31(0)35 588 24 50
DISTRIBUTOR MASTER EKSKLUSIF pikeun sistem torsi Rad di Wétan- jeung Éropa Kulon (kaasup Inggris), Afrika Kalér jeung Asia Tengah:
Dokumén / Sumberdaya
|RAD TORQUE B-RAD 275 Battery Series B-RAD Select BL Wrench [pdf] Buku Panduan|
B-RAD 275, B-RAD 700, B-RAD 1400, B-RAD 1400-2, B-RAD 2000, B-RAD 2000-2, B-RAD 4000, B-RAD 4000-2, B-RAD 7000, B-RAD 275 Battery Series B-RAD Select BL Wrench, Battery Series B-RAD Select BL Wrench