SONOFF DIY MINI R3 Smart Switch Instruction Manual
The device weight is less than 1 kg. The installation height of less than 2 m is recommended.
MINIR3 is a DIY mini smart switch with “eWeLink Remote” that can match with the switch mate (S-MATE) to use. The switch (single L wire) connected with S-MATE can control MINIR3 through “eWeLink Remote”. In this case, MINIR3 can keep powering and online when the switch (single L wire) is off. Therefore, you can turn on/ off, schedule on/off the connected appliance and share them with your family to control
Please install and maintain the device by a professional electrician. To avoid electric shock hazard, do not operate any connection or contact the terminal connector after plugging in!
Before wiring, please remove the protective cover
One live wire wiring instruction
Appliance wiring instruction
The wiring instruction of single L wire (connect to the S-MATE switch)
One S-MATE can be connected to one 3-gang switch at most. The control way to connecting each gang and MINIR3 can be one-to-more, more-to-one and more-to-more. There are L/L1/L2/L3 on the S-MATE which can be used as terminal connectors, but you have options to directly connect the L wire of MINIR3 to the L wire in the switching box without going through the S-MATE. Close the protective cover after confirming the wiring is correct
Download the eWeLink APP
After powering on, the device will enter the bluetooth pairing mode during the first use. The Wi-Fi LED indicator changes in a cycle of two short and one long flash and release.
The device will exit the bluetooth pairing mode if not paired within 3mins. If you want to enter this mode, please long press the manual button for about 5s until the Wi-Fi LED indicator changes in a cycle of two short and one long flash and release
Add the device
Tap “+” and select “bluetooth pairing”, then operate following the prompt on the APP.
|Input||100-240V — 50/60Hz 16A Max|
|Output||100-240V — 50/60Hz 16A Max|
|“eWeLink Remote” receiving distance||Up to 50M|
|Operating systems||Android & iOS|
|Wi-Fi||IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz|
|Shell material||PC VO|
Wi-Fi LED indicator status instruction
|LED indicator status||Status instruction|
|Flashes (one long and two short)||Bluetooth Pairing Mode|
|Flashes quickly||DIY Pairing Mode|
|Keeps on||Device is Oline|
|Flashes quickly once||Fail to Connect to Router|
|Flashes quickly twice||Connected to Router but Fail to Connect to Serve|
|Flashes quickly three times||Firmware Updating|
The “Learn Binding” of MINIR3 and “eWeLink Remote” controller
The switch connected to S-MATE can be used as a “eWeLink Remote” controller. Access the MINIR3 main interface of eWeLink App and operate it according to the operation guide (as shown below).
The device can add 32 remote controller buttons at most
Dete binding” for MINIR3 and “eWeLink Remote” controllers
Select the remote control that you want to clear in the learned remote control list in the eWeLink APP, then go to delete.
DIY mode is designed for home automation open-source platform or local HTTP client instead of eWeLink app to control SONOFF devices. More detailed instructions can be check in the Developer through (https://sonoff.tech).
How to enter the DIY Pairing Mode
Long press Pairing button for 5s until the Wi-Fi LED indicator changes in a cycle of two short flashes and one long flash and release. Long press Pairing button for 5s again until the Wi-Fi LED indicator flashes quickly. Then, the device enters DIY Pairing Mode. The device will exit the DIY Pairing Mode if not paired within 3mins.
If you need to change the network, long press the pairing button for 5s until the Wi-Fi LED indicator changes in a cycle of two short and one long flash and release, then the device enters Bluetooth pairing mode and you can pair again.
Deleting the device on the eWeLink app indicates you restore it to factory setting.
Fail to pair Wi-Fi devices to eWeLink APP
- Make sure the device is in pairing mode. After three minutes of unsuccessful pairing, the device will automatically exit pairing mode.
- Please turn on location services and allow location permission. Before choosing the Wi-Fi network, location services should be turned on and location permission should be allowed. Location information permission is used to obtain Wi-Fi list information. If you click Disable, you will not be able to add devices.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi network runs on the 2.4GHz band.
- Make sure you entered a correct Wi-Fi SSID and password, no special characters contained. Wrong password is a very common reason for pairing failure.
- The device shall get close to the router for a good transmission signal condition while pairing.
Wi-Fi devices “Offline” issue, Please check the following problems by the Wi-Fi LED indicator status:
The LED indicator blinks once every 2s means you fail to connect to the router.
- Maybe you entered the wrong Wi-Fi SSID and password.
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi SSID and password don’t contain special characters, for example, the Hebrew, Arabic characters, our system can’t recognize these characters and then fail to connect to the Wi-Fi.
- Maybe your router has a lower carrying capacity.
- Maybe the Wi-Fi strength is weak. Your router is too far away from your device, or there may be some obstacle between the router and device which blocks the signal transmission.
- Be sure that the MAC of the device is not on the blacklist of your MAC management.
The LED indicator flashes twice on repeated means you fail to connect to the server.
- Make sure the Internet connection is working. You can use your phone or PC to connect to the Internet, and if it fails to access, please check the availability of the Internet connection.
- Maybe your router has a low carrying capacity. The number of devices connected to the router exceeds its maximum value. Please confirm the maximum number of devices that your router can carry. If it exceeds, please delete some devices or get a lager router and try again.
- Please contact your ISP and confirm our server address is not shielded:
cn-disp.coolkit.cc (China Mainland)
as-disp.coolkit.cc (in Asia except China)
eu-disp.coolkit.cc (in EU)
us-disp.coolkit.cc (in US)
If none of the above methods solved this problem, please submit your request via help&feedback on the eWeLink APP.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could avoid the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance20cm between the radiator & your body. This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Documents / Resources
|SONOFF DIY MINI R3 Smart Switch [pdf] Instruction Manual|
MINIR3, 2APN5MINIR3, DIY MINI R3 Smart Switch, R3 Smart Switch, Smart Switch