SONICWALL NSsp 13700 – Appliance Only
Safety and Regulatory Guidelines
- Installing the appliance
- Lithium battery warning
- Cable connections
Installing the appliance
WARNING: The following conditions are required for proper installation:
- The SonicWall appliance is designed to be mounted in a standard 19-inch rack mount cabinet.
- Use the mounting hardware recommended by the rack manufacturer and ensure that the rack is adequate for the application.
- Ensure that no water or excessive moisture can enter the unit.
- Allow unrestricted airflow around the unit and through the vents on the side of the unit. A minimum of 1 inch (25.44mm) clearance is recommended.
- Route cables away from power lines, fluorescent lighting fixtures, and sources of noise such as radios, transmitters, and broadband amplifiers.
- Install in a location away from direct sunlight and sources of heat. A maximum ambient temperature of 104º F (40º C) is recommended.
- If installed in a closed or multi-rack assembly, the operating ambient \ temperature of the rack environment may be greater than the room ambient. Therefore, consideration should be given to installing the equipment in an environment compatible with the maximum recommended ambient temperature.
- Mount the SonicWall appliances evenly in the rack in order to prevent a hazardous condition caused by uneven mechanical loading.
- Four mounting screws, compatible with the rack design, must be used and hand tightened to ensure secure installation. Choose a mounting location where all four mounting holes line up with those of the mounting bars of the 19-inch rack mount cabinet.
- A suitably rated and approved branch circuit breaker shall be provided as part of the building installation. Follow local code when purchasing materials or components.
- Consideration must be given to the connection of the equipment to the supply circuit. Appropriate consideration of equipment nameplate ratings must be used when addressing this concern. Do not overload the circuit.
- This equipment must be grounded. The power cord for the product should be connected to a socket or outlet with earthing connection. Reliable grounding of rack-mounted equipment must be maintained.
Particular attention must be given to power supply connections other than direct connections to the branch circuits, such as power strips.
- The included power cord(s) are approved for use only in specific countries orregions. Before using a power cord, verify that it is rated and approved for use in your location.
- Minimum power cord rating for European Union (CE): Certified power supply cord not lighter than light PVC sheathed flexible cord according to IEC 60227, designation, or H05 VV F or H05 VVH2-F2, and rated for at least 3G 0.75 mm².
- The following statement applies only to rack-installed products that are GS Marked: This equipment is not intended for use at workplaces with visual display units, in accordance with §2 of the German ordinance for workplaces with visual display units. To avoid incommoding reflections at visual display workplaces this device must not be placed in the direct field of view.
- This product is intended only for use in a restricted access area, it is not intended to be installed and used in a home or public area accessible to the general population. When installed in schools, this equipment must be installed in a secure location accessible only by trained personnel.
- Only a skilled person trained in repair and maintenance of information technology and computer equipment can install or replace modules. Only modules provided by SonicWall are authorized to be used. If any other servicing is required, the product must be returned to SonicWall Inc.
- Thumbscrews should be tightened with a tool after both installation and subsequent access to the rear of the product.
- Before replacing the fan unit, carefully read and follow the instructions provided with the unit.
WARNING: Potential hazard from fan
- When shipped from the factory, this SonicWall product has two power supplies installed for redundant power and added reliability. Both power cords must be removed to disconnect AC power from the unit.
- Never remove or install a power supply with the power cord attached to the power supply being removed or installed.
- When using a Fiber Optic Small-Form Pluggable (SFP) module, ensure it is IEC 60825 certified and a Class 1 Laser Product.
- Suitable for installation in Information Technology Room in accordance with Article 645 of the National Electrical Code and NFPA 75.
Lithium battery warning
The Lithium Battery used in the SonicWall security appliance may not be replaced by the user. Return the SonicWall security appliance to a SonicWall-authorized service center for replacement with the same or equivalent type recommended by the manufacturer. If, for any reason, the battery or SonicWall security appliance must be disposed of, do so following the battery manufacturer’s instructions.
All Ethernet and RS232 (Console) cables are designed for intra-building connection to other equipment. Do not connect these ports directly to communication wiring or other wiring that exits the building where the SonicWall appliance is located.
NOTE: Additional regulatory notifications and information for this product can be found online at https://www.sonicwall.com/support.
Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) is any signal or emission, radiated in free space or conducted along power or signal leads, that endangers the functioning of radio navigation or other safety service or seriously degrades, obstructs, or repeatedly interrupts a licensed radio communications service. Radio communications services include but are not limited to AM/FM commercial broadcast, television, cellular services, radar, airtraffic control, pager, and Personal Communication Services (PCS). These licensed radio services, and unlicensed radio services, such as WLAN or Bluetooth, along with unintentional radiators such as digital devices, including computer systems, contribute to the electromagnetic environment.
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) is the ability of items of electronic equipment to function properly together in the electronic environment. While this computer system has been designed and determined to be compliant with regulatory agency limits for EMI, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
SonicWALL products are designed, tested, and classified for their intended electromagnetic environment. These electromagnetic environment classifications generally refer to the following harmonized definitions:
Class B products are intended for use in residential/domestic environments but may also be used in nonresidential/non-domestic environments.
NOTE: The residential/domestic environment is an environment where the use of broadcast radio and television receivers may be expected within a distance of 10 m (33 feet) from where this product is used.
Class A products are intended for use in non-residential/non-domestic environments. Class A products may also be utilized in residential/domestic environments, but may cause interference and require the user to take adequate corrective measures.
If this equipment does cause interference with radio communications services, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, you are encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient the receiving antenna.
- Relocate the computer with respect to the receiver
- Move the computer away from the receiver.
- Plug the computer into a different outlet so that the computer and the receiver are on different branch circuits.
If necessary, consult a SonicWall Technical Support representative or an experienced radio/television or EMC technician for additional suggestions.
Information Technology Equipment (ITE), including peripherals, expansion cards, printers, input/output (I/O) devices, monitors, and so on, that are integrated into or connected to the system should match the electromagnetic environment classification of the computer system.
A Notice about Shielded Signal Cables: Use only shielded cables for connecting peripherals to any SonicWall device to reduce the possibility of interference with radio communications services. Using shielded cables ensures that you maintain the appropriate EMC classification for the intended environment.
SonicWall has determined that this product is a Class A harmonized product. The following sections provide country-specific EMC/EMI or product safety information.
FCC, Class A
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Operation of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful interference, in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his own expense.
The following information is provided on the device or devices covered in this document in compliance with FCC regulations:
- Product name: SonicWall NSsp 13700
- Regulatory Model: 1RK54-118
- Company name: SonicWall Inc. 1033 McCarthy Blvd. Milpitas, CA 95035 USA 888-557-6642
This product has been determined to be in compliance with 2014/35/EU (Low Voltage Directive), 2014/30/EU (EMC Directive), and amendments of the European Union.
European Union, Class A
WARNING: This is a Class A product. In a domestic environment this product may cause radio frequency interference in which case the user may be required to take adequate measures.
A “Declaration of Conformity” in accordance with the preceding directives and standards has been made and is on file at SonicWall International Ltd., City Gate Park, Mahon, Cork, Ireland.
Copyright © 2021 SonicWall Inc. All rights reserved.
This product is protected by U.S. and international copyright and intellectual property laws. SonicWall is a trademark or registered trademark of SonicWall Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S.A. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
The information in this document is provided in connection with SonicWall Inc. and/or its affiliates’ products. No license, express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, to any intellectual property right is granted by this document or in connection with the sale of SonicWall products. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SPECIFIED IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR THIS PRODUCT, SONICWALL AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER AND DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY RELATING TO ITS PRODUCTS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL SONICWALL AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF INFORMATION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS DOCUMENT, EVEN IF SONICWALL AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SonicWall and/or its affiliates make no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this document and reserve the right to make changes to specifications and product descriptions at any time without notice. SonicWall Inc. and/or its affiliates do not make any commitment to update the information contained in this document.
For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/legal/
SonicWall (UK) Limited
Matrix House, Basing View
Basingstoke, Berkshire, UK
WARNING: A WARNING icon indicates a potential for property damage, personal injury, or death.
CAUTION: A CAUTION icon indicates potential damage to hardware or loss of data if instructions are not followed.
IMPORTANT, NOTE, TIP, MOBILE, or VIDEO: An information icon indicates supporting information
Documents / Resources
|SONICWALL NSsp 13700 - Appliance Only [pdf] User Guide|
NSsp 13700 - Appliance Only, NSsp 13700 -, Appliance Only