Sonic Toothbrush Model : 421.RA
- 2 MINUTE TIMER
- 3 SETTINGS HANDLE
- UV TOOTHBRUSH
- SANITIZING BASE
READ AND SAVE ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS DEVICE TO ENSURE SAFETY AND EFFECTIVENESS
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical products, especially when children are present, basic safety
precautions should always be used, including the following:
WARNING – To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury:
- Do not leave plugged in device unattended for a long period of time. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning.
- Do not allow device to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Use this device only as described in this manual.
- Use only approved replacement brush heads designed to work with this handle and base.
- Turn off the device before unplugging.
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If device is not working properly, refer to the LIMITED WARRANTY section on the last page
of this instruction manual for further information.
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord. Grasp and pull the plug not the cord.
- Never handle plug or Charging Base with wet hands.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- This device has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to tamper with this safety feature.
- Do not use when feeling drowsy or sleepy.
- Do not use this product outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Never block the air openings of this device. When plugged in, device must always be placed on a firm counter or table with room around it for proper air circulation. Never place on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch, or where towels or cloths can restrict air circulation.
- Keep the air openings free of lint and the like.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT fill this device with water or submerge in water or other liquid.
Danger – This section applies to Charging Base only To reduce the risk of electrocution:
- Always unplug the device after sanitizing brush heads, after charging handle or if it will be left unattended for a long pe riod of time.
- Do not use while bathing.Do not place or store device where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- NEVER reach for any electrical device that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
Risk of exposure to excessive ultraviolet (UV) radiation – To avoid exposure, do not operate if the lid of the UV Base is not completely closed and in the correct position or if lamp is damaged. The lid of the base is equipped with an interlocking system to reduce the risk of excessive ultraviolet radiation – DO NOT attempt to defeat its purpose. Replacement of the Lamp is intended for qualified personnel only. Do not attempt to service yourself. Service personnel: There is risk of exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
LIST OF MAIN PARTS
- Brush Head
- Power Handle
- UV Storage Compartment Lid
- UV Charging Base / Storage Compartment
(holds 2 brush heads)
- LED Charging Indicator Light
- LED Mode Indicator Lights H – High; M – Medium; L – Low
- Power Button – ON / OFF / MODE selection
- Power Cord location
- UV Lamp Indicator
Rating Voltage : 120V
Frequency : 60Hz
Power : 2.5W
Auto Shut-off Duration : 2 Minutes
3 Pulse signal Duration : Every 30 Seconds
Full Charge Time : 16 Hours
Re-chargeable Battery Ni-Cd, 600mAh
UV Lamp 254 nm wave-length
Auto ON when the Lid is closed
Auto OFF when the Lid is open
Auto Shut-off after 10 minutes
UV lamp indicator turns off when UV lamp inside storage UV compartment is off
CONTENTS OF PACKAGING
- Instruction Manual
- Charging Base/Storage UV compartment with Lid
- Power H handle
- 4 Brush Heads
OPERATION AND USE
Charging Your Toothbrush
- Plug in the Charging Base to electrical outlet.
- When you place the Handle on the Charging Base, the LED Charging Indicator Light will illuminate, indicating the Handle is charging. NOTE: light does not turn off when charging is complete.
- To obtain maximum power of brushing, we recommend keeping your handle on the Charging Base until full battery charge is
achieved. Unplug after full battery charge is achieved or if device will be left unattended for long periods of time such as vacation.
- It requires about 16 hours for your Sonic Toothbrush to be fully charged for the first use or when your rechargeable battery completely runs down.
- You should allow a full discharge of your Sonic Toothbrush at least every six months in order to maintain the maximum capacity of the rechargeable battery. Simply unplug your charging base and allow the brush to run down with normal use.
- For the correct voltage use, please refer to the bottom of the Charging Base.
- Press Power Button 1 time …………High Speed (H)…………… H LED lights up.
- Press Power Button 2 times………. Medium Speed (M)………. M LED lights up.
- Press Power Button 3 times………. Lower Speed (L)…………. L LED lights up.
- Press Power Button 4 times………. OFF…………………………LED lights go out.
How To Use Your Toothbrush
- Insert Brush Head on the shaft of the Handle. There will be a small space (1mm) between the Brush Head and the Handle. The
space allows a free motion of the Brush Head during brushing.
- Apply toothpaste onto the Brush Head prior to turning the unit on.
- Put the Brush Head into your mouth before switching on your Sonic Toothbrush.
- Move the Brush Head gently along your teeth and gum line region and allow the Brush Head to stay on the surface of each tooth for a few seconds with a slight circular motion for the best cleaning and gum massaging effect.
- DO NOT forget to reach all areas of your teeth including the inner and chewing surfaces and behind the back teeth.
- After use, turn off your Sonic Toothbrush and thoroughly rinse brush head and handle under a tap to remove all paste/gel. Wipe dry.
NOTE: When you first use your Sonic Toothbrush you may experience slight bleeding. This should stop after a few days when your gums get used to the toothbrush. If the bleeding persists, please consult your dentist or hygienist.
How To Sanitize Your Brush Heads
- Sanitize the Brush Heads be fore using your Sonic Toothbrush for the first time.
- Open the Lid and insert the Brush Heads to the small shafts on the bottom of the storage UV compartment. Make sure the bristles of Brush Head are facing the UV Lamp located in the middle.
- Close the Lid, the UV Lamp and the Lamp Indicator light will illuminate automatically. The UV Lamp and Indicator light will shut off after approximately 10 minutes. If the Lid is accidentally opened during operation, the Lamp and Indicator light will automatically turn off.
- We recommend sanitizing the Brush Heads often, or after each use when there is sick ness in your household.
Cleaning And Maintenance
- Disconnect the Charging Base power cord from power supply.
- During the cleaning procedures, avoid getting the plug and power cord wet.
- Brush Heads: R emove head from Handle by pulling straight off, DO NOT twist. This may break the shaft and will void the warranty. After each use, remove and thoroughly rinse Brush Head under running water. We recommend soaking the brush head in a denture cleaner (commercially available) every 2 to 4 weeks to keep it hygienically clean.
- Charging Base: Periodically clean th e Charging Base with a soft cloth or paper towel. Ensure that the Charging Base is completely dry before plugging into any electrical outlet.
- Power Handle: Rinse and wipe the Handle clean after each use. Be sure to rinse and wipe the shaft where the brush head attaches to the handle after each use. This will keep you from having toothpaste buildup which can interfere with the proper operation of the device.
- UV/Brush Compartment area of Charging Ba se: Periodic cleaning of the Storage UV Compartment is recommended. Interior may be cleaned using a soft cloth or paper towel. Use a cotton swab to remove stubborn residue in hard to reach areas. Any water being splashed or poured directly on the UV lamp should be avoided. Allow interior and exterior to dry completely before plugging back into the electrical outlet.
- When the Toothbrush is not in use for an extended period, unplug the cord and place the product in a safe dry place. DO NOT wrap the cord around the device.
- This product is for home use only.
- This product has NO USER SERVICEABLE parts. Any modifications to the device by an unauthorized person may cause it to function improperly and WILL void the warranty.
IMPORTANT MEDICAL SAFEGUARDS
Please note the following instructions for your continued safety:
- Contact your dentist before using the Sonic Toothbrush if you have had oral or periodontal surgery.
- Contact your dentist if excessive bleeding occurs or if bleeding continues after the first week of using the Sonic Toothbrush.
- If you have any questions concerning usage with a pacemaker, consult your physician prior to use.
- This product is designed for cleaning teeth and gums only. DO NOT use for any other purposes as this will void the warranty.
- The Sonic Toothbrush can be used with any leading brand of toothpaste.
Removing and disposing of Ni-Cd Battery Your Sonic Toothbrush is equipped with a long-lasting rechargeable Nickel-Cadmium battery. To help protect our environment, it should be removed at the end of the device’s life for safe dispos al.
This battery CANNOT be replaced.
To remove the battery before discarding the product:
- Open the battery cover at the bottom of the Handle using a Phillips screwdriver to remove the screw.Remove end cap.
- Pull out the Ni-Cd battery. If the battery does not slide out easily, firmly shake the handle up and down or tap on a firm surface to dislodge. Once the battery is pulled out, clip the two wires to separate the battery from inside the Handle.
- Dispose of the battery in compliance with your national or local regulations for environmental protection and recycling of raw materials.
To remove the battery before discarding the product:
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: 1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and 2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference
that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
- These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment uses, generates and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help
Complies to US Federal requirements, including 21 CFR, Chapter 1, Subchapter J, Radiological Health.
This device is guaranteed for ONE year from the date of purchase against manufacturer’s defect under normal use as outlined in these instructions. Following the instructions closely will ensure years of dependable operation.
- This device is designed for household use only, not commercial.
- This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from abusive, commercial or unreasonable use.
- Problems that are the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under this warranty.
- At the discretion of 180 INNOVATIONS, we will repair or replace this device if material or workmanship is found to be defective.
- This warranty does not cover damage caused by dropping, leaving outdoors, improper storage in extreme temperatures or dropping in water.
- This warranty does not cover damage resulting from any attempts to repair or modify the device and it’s parts.
- It is at the full discretion of 180 INNOVATIONS to determine if any visible or notable attempts have been made to repair, modify, alter or disassemble any part of the device, therefore voiding the warranty.
All returned items must include:
Full name, address and daytime phone number >
Short explanation of malfunction
Proof of purchase with date – NO exception
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!