Soleus Air HC8-15-30 Ceramic Tower Heater
Thank you for choosing a Soleus Air Ceramic Tower Heater. This owner’s manual will provide you with valuable information necessary for the proper care and maintenance of your new product. Please take a few moments to thoroughly read the instructions and familiarize yourself with all the operational aspects of your new heater.
For your own records, please attach a copy of your sales receipt to this manual. Also, write the store name/location, date purchased, and serial number below:
Serial Number (located on back of unit):
When using this electric unit, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons, including the following:
- Read ALL instructions before using this unit.
- CAUTION: Risk of Electric Shock. DO NOT open or try to repair the heater yourself.
- This heater may get hot when in use. To avoid burns, DO NOT let bare skin touch hot surfaces. If provided, use handles when moving this heater.
- Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, paper, clothes, and curtains at least 3 ft. from the front of the heater and keep them away from the sides, top, and rear. DO NOT place towels or other objects on the heater.
- Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children or the disabled, or when the heater is left operating and unattended.
- DO NOT operate any heater with a damaged cord or after the heater malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return heater to authorized service facility for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
- This heater is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. NEVER locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container. To protect against electrical hazards, DO NOT immerse in water or other liquids.
- DO NOT touch the control panel or plug with a wet hand.
- DO NOT run cord under carpeting. DO NOT cover cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar coverings. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
- DO NOT insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or damage the heater.
- To prevent a possible fire, DO NOT block the air intakes or exhaust in any manner. DO NOT use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. DO NOT use in areas where gasoline, paint, explosive and/or flammable liquids are used or stored. Keep unit away from heated surfaces and open flames.
- Always plug heaters directly into a wall outlet/receptacle. Never use with an extension cord or relocatable power tap (outlet/power strip).
- To avoid fire or shock hazard, plug the unit directly into a 120 V AC electrical outlet.
- To disconnect heater, turn controls to OFF, then remove plug from outlet. Pull firmly on the plug, DO NOT unplug by pulling on the cord.
- Always unplug the unit before moving or cleaning, or whenever the heater is not in use.
- Use only for intended household use as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons. The use of attachments not recommended or sold by unauthorized dealers may cause hazards.
- Always use on a dry, level surface. Use on floor only.
- WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, DO NOT use this unit with any solid-state speed control device.
- DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions on this unit. Doing so will void your warranty. The inside of the unit contains no user serviceable parts. Qualified personnel should perform all servicing only.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
- Guide the power cord through the center of the front base (A) and connect the front base to the main unit.
- Fit the rear base (B) onto the front base (A) and the main unit.
- Secure the base to the main unit using the provided screws (C).
- Remove the power cord guard (D) and line up the power cord, attach the power core guard (D) over the power core to the rear base (B).
NOTE: Do not use your heater if it has not been fully assembled. Make sure that the screws that hold the base parts and the main unit together are tightened securely.
Place the heater on a firm, level surface and plug into a grounded 120V 60Hz power outlet,
a red power indication light will light up indicating there is power to the unit.
Only operate the heater when it is in the upright position.
Use the instructions below to operate the heater using the control panel.
- Turn the POWER SELECTOR to the desired power setting (High/Low/Fan).
- This heater can run in LOW, HIGH, and Fan only mode. Choose the desired mode based on your comfort level.
- To activate oscillation, turn the OSCILLATION dial to the on position. Once it is located, the heater will oscillate spreading warm air throughout the room.
Warning: This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
DO NOT DEFEAT THE SAFETY PURPOSE OF THE POLARIZED PLUG.
Tip-Over Safety Protection
This heater is equipped with a tip-over safety function. The heater will automatically shut off if it falls over.
WARNING: ALWAYS UNPLUG THE CORD BEFORE MOVING OR SERVICING.
CLEANING: IMPORTANT! DO NOT IMMERSE HEATER IN WATER! Clean the heater grills using the vacuum brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner. This will remove lint and dirt from the inside of the heater.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE HEATER APART. Clean the body of heater with a soft cloth.
CAUTION: Do not use gasoline, benzine, thinner, harsh cleaners, etc. as they will damage the heater. NEVER USE ALCOHOL OR SOLVENTS.
- A thermal overload protector is built in to prevent overheating.
- When an overheat temperature is reached, the heater will be automatically shut off. It can only resume operation when the user resets the unit. (See RESET INSTRUCTION below)
Unplug the heater and wait 10 minutes for the unit to cool down. After the 10 minutes, plug the unit in again and operate normally.
If the heater will not be used for a long period of time, store it in a cool, dry location when not in use. To prevent dust and dirt build-up, use the original packaging to repack the unit.
If your heater shuts off unexpectedly or fails to operate, one of the above-mentioned safety features may have activated to prevent overheating.
- Be sure the power cord is plugged into a working electrical outlet.
- Check your thermostat setting (High, Low, Fan setting). The heater may be off because it has reached the desired temperature setting.
One Year Limited Warranty
Soleusair West warrants the accompanying Soleus Air heater to be free of defects in material and workman- ship for the applications specified in its operation instruction for a period of ONE (1) year from the date of original re- tail purchase in the United States.
If the unit exhibits a defect in normal use, Soleusair West will, at its option, either repair or replace it, free of charge within a reasonable time after the unit is returned during the warranty period.
As a condition to any warranty service obligation, the consumer must present this Warranty Certificate along with a copy of the original purchase invoice.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Damage, accidental or otherwise, to the unit while in the possession of a consumer not caused by a defect in material or workmanship.
- Damage caused by consumer misuse, tampering, or failure to follow the care and special handling provisions in the instructions.
- Damage to the finish of the case, or other appearance parts caused by wear.
- Damage caused by repairs or alterations of the unit by anyone other than those authorized by Soleusair West.
- Freight and Insurance cost for the warranty service.
ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANT ABILITY ARE LIMITED TO ONE-YEAR DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY. SOLEUSAIR WEST DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES AND IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLEUSAIR WEST’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE RETAIL VALUE OF THE UNIT FOR BREACH OF ANY WRITTEN OR IMPLIED WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THIS UNIT.
This warranty covers only new products purchased from our authorized dealers or retailers. It does not cover used, salvaged, or refurbished products.
As some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, or do not allow limitation on implied warranties, the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
For Technical Support and Warranty Service
Please Call (877) 976-5387
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!