SKC 769-3003 PERMEA-TEC Sensor for Aliphatic Isocyanates
PERMEA-TEC Sensor for Aliphatic Isocyanates
Cat. No. 769-3003
The PERMEA-TEC Sensor colorimetric screening method determines the effectiveness of chemical-protective gloves and clothing under actual use conditions. CLI’s microencapsulation detection indicator changes color, indicating permeation for many common aliphatic isocyanates. Results enable professionals to select the gloves/clothing best suited for protection, acceptance, and cost-effectiveness. Easy-to-use PERMEA-TEC sensors are adhered to a worker’s skin at points of greatest contact and abrasion before gloving or covering and are observed for color change at time intervals.
Instructions for Use
To determine a user-safe time period for the particular glove, double gloving is recommended.
- Affix PERMEA-TEC sensors to the thumb, middle finger, and palm on the outside of the glove currently being worn. Place the glove to be evaluated over the first glove.
- After one hour, remove the outside glove and the underlying PERMEA-TEC sensors.
- Evaluate the sensors for breakthrough. A positive indication of breakthrough results in a color change to red-orange.
- If no breakthrough is indicated, apply fresh PERMEA-TEC sensors and continue to wear the outside glove for another hour. Follow Steps 2 and 3 to determine if breakthrough has occurred.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to determine a user-safe time period for gloves.
Other PERMEA-TEC sensors are available for:
- Aromatic Amines: MDA, aniline, o-toluidine, methylene-bis(2-chloroaniline) (MOCA)
- Aromatic Isocyanates: TDI, MDI
- Aliphatic Amines: N,N-dimethyl cyclohexylamine, triethanolamine, diet hanola mine, and triethylenediamine
- Acid/Base: HCI, HF, HSO, and NH,
- Phenols Solvents: Bisphenol A
SKC Limited Warranty and Return Policy
SKC products are subject to the SKC Limited Warranty and Return Policy, which provides SKC’s sole liability and the buyer’s exclusive remedy. To view the complete SKC Limited Warranty and Return Policy, go to skcinc.com/warranty.
Documents / Resources
|SKC 769-3003 PERMEA-TEC Sensor for Aliphatic Isocyanates [pdf] Instruction Manual|
769-3003 PERMEA-TEC Sensor for Aliphatic Isocyanates, 769-3003, PERMEA-TEC Sensor for Aliphatic Isocyanates