The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks and logos by The Singing Machine Company, Inc. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
WARNING: STRANGULATION HAZARD-LONG CORD. NOT FOR CHILDREN UNDER 36 months.
The Singing Machine® is a registered trademark of The Singing Machine Co., Inc.
What’s in the box
The Singing Machine Company, Inc. 4060 E Jurupa Street, Unit B Ontario, CA 91761-1413 USA
Copyright © 2017 All Rights Reserved. Please retain this sheet as it contains important notes.
PRINTED IN CHINA 250-1704-ENG01
DANGEROUS VOLTAGE: The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage within the product’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
ATTENTION: The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying this product.
DRIPPING WARNING: This product shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing, and no objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the product.
VENTILATION WARNING: The normal ventilation of the product shall not be impeded for the intended use.
Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
To parents recommending that the adaptor be periodically examined for conditions that may result in the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons and that, in an event of such conditions, the adaptor should not be used until properly repaired.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD-Small parts. Not for children under 36 months.
FCC WARNING: This equipment may generate or use radiofrequency energy. Changes or modifications to this equipment may cause harmful interference unless the modifications are expressly approved in the instruction manual. The user could lose the authority to operate this equipment if an unauthorized change or modification is made. This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
• The rating information is located at the bottom of the unit.
INDUSTRY CANADA NOTICE:
This device complies with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
1. This device may not cause interference, and
2. This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
WARNING: TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARD, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS UNIT TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
Should this unit exhibit a problem, check the following before seeking service:
• Power is not on; press the POWER button to turn the power on.
• Confirm that the batteries are installed correctly.
No Sound – General
• Volume is set to a minimum; raise the volume by turning MASTER VOLUME control.
• If using an external audio device, raise the volume on the device.
• Check if the LINE IN jack is still connected by a cable.
No sound from the microphone
• Makes sure the microphone is firmly connected to the Microphone jack.
• Volume is set to a minimum; raise the volume by turning MASTER VOLUME control.
Bluetooth reception failure
• Put the external BT device close to the unit.
• Pair the unit with the BT Device as the procedures stated in this manual.
Making the Connections
LINE IN CONNECTION
This unit is able to connect your favorite audio device (e.g. iPhone/Tablet/MP3 player, etc.). You can connect your device by using a 3.5mm audio cable (not included). LINE IN function is automatically selected once the audio cable is plugged in.
– To avoid excessive over-amplified sound output, it is recommended that the volume control is initially adjusted to one-third or less and then increase if required.
POWER ADAPTOR OPERATION
Insert the DC plug of the power adaptor into the DC jack on the unit. Plug the other end into a standard AC outlet.
– The AC Adaptor has a polarized plug that fits into the wall outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit properly, turn it over and try again. Do not force it.
1. Switch off the unit and remove the AC power adaptor from the power socket.
2. Remove the battery compartment cover on the back of the main unit as shown.
3. Insert eight (8) “C” size alkaline batteries (not included) as indicated on the right diagram.
4. Replace the cover tightly before operating.
– Replace all batteries at the same time.
– Do not mix old batteries with new batteries.
The precautions below should be followed when using batteries in this device:
- Warning — Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
- Use only the size and type of batteries specified.
- Be sure to follow the correct polarity when installing the batteries as indicated in the battery compartment. A reversed battery may cause damage to the device.
- Do not mix different types of batteries together (e.g. Alkaline, Rechargeable and Carbon-zinc) or old batteries with fresh ones.
- If the device is not to be used for a long period of time, remove the batteries to prevent damage or injury from possible battery leakage.
- Do not try to recharge a battery not intended to be recharged; it can overheat and rupture. (Follow the battery manufacturer’s directions.)
- Remove the batteries promptly once its charge is low. 8. Clean the battery contact and also those of the device prior to installing the battery.
1 Connect the unit as described previously. Press the POWER button to turn the unit on; the power indicator will light on.
USING A BLUETOOTH DEVICE
2 The Bluetooth pair indicator will blink rapidly 4- to indicate it is in the pairing mode. You may also press and hold the
BLUETOOH button to initiate the pairing mode.
Switch on the Bluetooth function of your Bluetooth-compatible device within three feet of the unit. You will see “Mood” appear on your device’s search list. Select “Mood” to start pairing. Wait for the completion of the pairing and the Bluetooth indicator will light solid. Please always refer to the user manual of your Bluetooth device for detailed instructions.
If your Bluetooth device prompts you for a passcode during the pairing process, please enter “0000” to connect. If pairing fails, repeat steps. If you have paired before, a list of previously searched results will be displayed. Select “Mood” again. On some Bluetooth devices (i.e., computers), once pairing is complete, you must select your Bluetooth device as “Use as Audio Device” or similar.
PLAY/PAUSE: Press the Play/Pause button on the Bluetooth device or on the unit to start.
SING-ALONG WITH LIGHTING EFFECT
3 The light effect will turn on automatically when the power on. By pressing the LIGHT MODE button once, the light effect will change faster, press again to turn the light effect off.
SING-ALONG WITH LINE IN MUSIC
4 Connect the audio device to the LINE IN jack on the side of this unit. It will allow the audio to be played through your unit. LINE IN function is automatically selected once the audio cable is plugged in.
• It is highly recommended to set the volume on the auxiliary unit to 1 /3 or lower to avoid distortion.
SING-ALONG WITH MICROPHONE
5 Connect the microphone into the microphone jack at the side of the unit. Turn on the microphone by slide the ON/OFF switch to the ON position before singing. You can also connect an extra microphone (not included) to another mic jack.
6 Adjust the volume to a comfortable level by rotating the MASTER VOLUME control on the unit.
7 Adjust the ECHO control to add an echo effect to your voice.
8 Press the POWER button to turn the unit off; the Power indicator will turn off.