Sound Isolating™ Earphones
Shure Sound Isolating™ Earphones, built with balanced armature speakers, deliver a detailed soundstage free from outside noise. The powerful and stylish Shure SE earphones come with a detachable cable, adapters, a durable carrying case, and interchangeable Sound Isolating™ sleeves for a comfortable and personalized fit.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS: Before using this product, please read and save the enclosed warnings and safety instructions.
For safe and correct use of earphones, read this manual before use. Keep the manual and safety information in a convenient place for future reference.
The possible results of incorrect use are marked by one of two symbols – WARNING and CAUTION – depending upon the imminence of the danger and the severity of the damage.
Ignoring these warnings may cause severe injury or death as a result of incorrect operation.
Ignoring these cautions may cause moderate injury or property damage as a result of incorrect operation.
LISTENING TO AUDIO AT EXCESSIVE VOLUMES CAN CAUSE PERMANENT HEARING DAMAGE. USE AS LOW A VOLUME AS POSSIBLE.
Over exposure to excessive sound levels can damage your ears resulting in permanent noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL). Please use the following guidelines established by the Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) on maximum time exposure to sound pressure levels before hearing damage occurs.
You may need to detach the cable from the earphones to attach optional components or to replace the cable if it becomes damaged. To prevent accidental separation, the connector has a snug fit. Take special care to prevent damage to the earphone and connector.
- Do not use pliers or other tools.
- Grasp the connector and the earphone as close as possible to where they join.
- Pull straight apart—do not twist. Cable is a snap fit, not threaded.
- Do not pull on the cable or put any pressure on the earphone nozzle.
- Listen for a click when connecting.
- When reattaching the cable, match the “L” and “R” markings. For clear cables and earphones, match the color dots (Red = Right, Blue = Left).
Note: If you pull at an angle, the connector will not detach.
Wearing the Earphones
The following are some suggested ways of wearing the earphones.
Inserting the Earphones
Warning: Do not push the earphone sleeve beyond the ear canal opening.
Caution: If the barb or any of the nozzle is exposed, the sleeve is not properly installed. Replace sleeves if they do not tightly grip the nozzle.
To ensure proper fit and performance, use only sleeves supplied by Shure (unless using custom molded sleeves).
Removing the Earphones
Choosing a Sleeve
Select an earphone sleeve that provides the best fit and sound isolation. It should be easy to insert, fit comfortably, and easy to remove.
Cleaning the Earphone Nozzle
If you notice a change in sound quality, remove the sleeve and check the nozzle of your earphone. If nozzle is blocked, clear obstruction by using wire loop end of cleaning tool.
Caution: When cleaning, do not force any object through the earphone nozzle! This will damage the earphone sound filter.
Warning: The cleaning tool is only to be used to clean the earphones. Any other use, such as using the tool to clean ears, could result in injury.
- Earphone Sleeves
- Replacement Cables
- Carrying Cases
- Music Phone Accessory Cables
- Volume Control
For more information visit www.shure.com
- Careful maintenance ensures a tight seal between the sleeve and nozzle, improving sound quality and product safety.
- Keep the earphones and sleeves as clean and dry as possible.
- To clean sleeves, remove them from earphones, gently rinse in warm water and air dry. Foam sleeves require a longer drying time. Inspect for damage and replace if necessary. Ear sleeves must be completely dry before reusing.
- Wipe the earphones and sleeves with mild antiseptic to avoid infections. Do not use alcohol-based disinfectants. • Do not expose earphones to extreme temperatures.
- Replace the sleeves if they do not fit properly.
- Do not attempt to modify this product. Doing so will void the warranty and could result in personal injury and/or product failure.
- Note: The cable connectors to the earphones may collect debris or other deposits that can affect audio quality. If this happens, disconnect the cables and clean them using a dry cotton swab.
WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Eligible to bear CE Marking. Conforms to EMC Directive 2004/108/EC. Meets applicable tests and performance criteria in European Standard EN55103 (1996) parts 1 and 2, for residential (E1) and light industrial (E2) environments. The Declaration of Conformity can be obtained from the address below.