Gourmet Hot/Cold Whipper
Thank you for purchasing the Sharper Image Gourmet Hot or Cold Whipper. We are confident you will be pleased with your purchase. Please take a moment to read this guide and store it for future reference.
Your Gourmet Hot or Cold Whipper is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for hot and cold cuisine. When used hot, it can make rich and creamy espuma (foam) for gourmet-style side dishes such as whipped potatoes and corn foam. When used cold, it is ideal for whipped cream, whipped chocolate, yogurt espuma, frosting, pastry crème, fruit foam and other dessert toppings.
- Lightweight and durable aluminum construction
- Professional-grade finish
- Large 1-Pint (500ml) capacity
- Includes 3 stainless steel decorator nozzles
- Includes nozzle cleaning brush
- Makes hot or cold whipped cream, foam and espuma
- Compatible with all standard 8-gram Nitrous Oxide (N2O) chargers (chargers not included)
IDENTIFICATION OF PARTS
D. Nozzle adapter
E. Stainless steel tulip decorating nozzle
F. Stainless steel straight decorating nozzle
G. Inlet Valve
H. Stainless steel narrow decorating nozzle
I. Charger Holder
Nozzle cleaning brush (not shown)
NOTE: This device requires the use of standard 8-gram Nitrous Oxide (N2O) chargers. These can be purchased from most large supermarkets and restaurant supply stores.
BEFORE FIRST USE
Unscrew and thoroughly clean all parts of your Gourmet Hot or Cold Whipper with warm water and dish soap. We do not recommend cleaning this device in a dishwasher, as this may damage the canister or the head. Use the included nozzle brush to clean the decorating nozzles. Allow all parts to air dry before use.
USING THE GOURMET HOT OR COLD WHIPPER
- Raise or Lower the Canister Temperature
For best results, you must heat or chill the canister. To do this, fill the canister with hot or cold water and let it sit for a few minutes. Empty the water before adding your ingredients.
- Add Mixture to Canister [FIG. 1]
Add well-chilled fresh whipping cream and/or other ingredients depending on the recipe. Fill the canister to about 2/3 capacity, as the contents will expand under pressure. Do not overfill canister. When preparing recipes, granulated salt or sugar or other powdered ingredients must be fully dissolved in milk, cream or water before filling in order to avoid clogging the device. For sweetening, it is best to use powdered sugar or liquid sweeteners. Any solid ingredients such as fruits, vegetables and coarse spices must be pureed and passed through a fine sieve before being poured into the canister.
- Assemble the Head [FIG. 2]
Locate the large gasket that sits between the head and the canister. Place the gasket inside the head and screw head onto canister evenly and firmly. The head is in place correctly when no thread is visible. Do not cross-thread. If you cannot find the threading, remove the head and try again.
- Insert a Charger [FIG. 3]
Insert one 8-gram Nitrous Oxide (N2O) charger into the charger holder. Use only a new, high-quality whipped cream charger. (Do not use a CO2 charger meant for a soda machine.)
- Charge the Canister [FIG. 4]
Screw the charger holder onto the inlet valve until the charger content is fully released with a hissing sound. Use 1 charger for each recipe unless otherwise specified. Never use more than 2 chargers at one time in this device.
- Shake the Canister
Shake the Whipper briskly 4 to 5 times in a vertical direction. (When using well cooled light cream or other mixture, shake up to 10 times.) Then unscrew the charger holder. The light hissing sound while unscrewing is normal. Remove and recycle the empty steel charger according to local regulations.
NOTE: Do not “over shake” the canister, as this may actually harden the cream too much. Too much agitation can create butter. However, if the whipped cream is not firm enough, shake once more. When using later, do not shake again.
- Dispensing the Whipped Cream [FIG. 5]
Attach a decorating nozzle to the nozzle adapter achieve your desired effect. To dispense, hold the Whipper vertically (with the decorating nozzle pointed downward) about 1 inch above the surface. To decorate, depress the lever. This will open the valve and allow the cream to exit. Serve immediately after dispensing.
- Storing the Whipped Cream
If you do not use the entire contents of the canister, you can save it for future use. The whipped cream will stay fresh in the refrigerator for several days. However, we recommend that you remove the decorating nozzle from the nozzle adapter, rinse it thoroughly and then put it back on. This way, the decorating nozzle will be clean and ready for the next use. IMPORTANT: Always keep your Gourmet Hot or Cold Whipper in the refrigerator (never in the freezer).
IMPORTANT: Before removing the head, allow the remaining pressure to escape by depressing the lever.
- After you are certain all the pressure has escaped, unscrew the head and remove the gasket and decorating nozzle. Hold the end of the valve inside the head while unscrewing the nozzle adapter with the other hand.
- Thoroughly clean each individual component with mild dish detergent and a brush. Do not wash any components in a dishwasher, as this may damage the components. Do not use sharp objects or abrasive materials to clean this device.
- Allow all parts to air dry thoroughly. Store the device disassembled.
- Do not store the Gourmet Hot or Cold Whipper in the freezer.
- Do not expose the Gourmet Hot or Cold Whipper to extreme heat (stove, direct sunlight, microwave, etc.).
- Do not unscrew the head of the Gourmet Hot or Cold Whipper until all of the pressure has been released. To do this, press the lever until all of the hissing noise stops.
- Clean the Gourmet Hot or Cold Whipper after every use according to these instructions.
- The Gourmet Hot or Cold Whipper is designed for easy assembly and use. Never use force to assemble or use this device.
- Charge the canister as shown in FIG. 4. Use only new, 8-gram Nitrous Oxide (N2O) chargers from a reputable source. Do not use Carbon Dioxide (CO2) chargers meant for soda machines.
- Do not use more than 2 chargers in this device at one time.
- If contents do not dispense, the device may be clogged. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UNSCREW THE HEAD WHILE IT IS PRESSURIZED. Place the Gourmet Hot or Cold Whipper on the countertop and wait until the contents have settled on the bottom. Then, cover the head with a thick cloth and press the lever several times until all of the pressure escapes completely. After the gas has escaped, carefully unscrew the head.
- Do not attempt to modify or repair this device. There are no user-serviceable parts. Do not use parts from other whippers with this device.
- This device is for adult use only. Keep this device and the Nitrous Oxide (N2O) chargers out of the reach of children at all times.
- Do not use this device for anything other than its intended purpose.
- Do not use this device if it appears to be damaged. If it is received in damaged condition, contact Sharper Image Customer Service immediately for a replacement.
- Keep this User’s Guide for future reference.
WARRANTY / CUSTOMER SERVICE
Sharper Image branded items purchased from SharperImage.com include a 1-year limited replacement warranty. If you have any questions not covered in this guide, please call our Customer Service department at 1 (877) 210-3449. Customer Service agents are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!