Shark UltraLight Pet Corded Stick with Self-Cleaning Brushroll
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this vacuum cleaner has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT force into an outlet or try to modify to fit.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Your vacuum cleaner may consist of a motorized nozzle, wand, hose, and/or vacuum pod. This device contains electrical connections, electrical wiring, and moving parts that potentially present a risk to the user.
- Use only identical replacement parts.
- Carefully observe and follow the instructions provided below to avoid improper use of the appliance. DO NOT use the vacuum for any purpose other than those described in this manual.
- Before use, carefully inspect all parts for any damage. DO NOT use if any parts are damaged.
- The use of an extension cord is NOT recommended.
- This vacuum cleaner contains no serviceable parts.
- This appliance can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children. DO NOT allow the appliance to be used by children. DO NOT allow it to be used as a toy. Close supervision is necessary when used near children.
- Always turn off the vacuum cleaner before connecting or disconnecting any motorized nozzles or other accessories.
- DO NOT handle plug or vacuum cleaner with wet hands.
- DO NOT use without filters in place.
- Only use Shark® branded filters and accessories.
- DO NOT damage the power cord:
a) DO NOT pull or carry a vacuum cleaner by the cord or use the cord as a handle.
b) DO NOT unplug by pulling on the cord. Grasp the plug, not the cord.
c) DO NOT run the vacuum cleaner over the power cord, close a door on the cord, pull the cord around sharp corners, or leave the cord near heated surfaces.
- DO NOT put any objects into nozzle or accessory openings. DO NOT use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
- DO NOT use if nozzle or accessory airflow is restricted. If the air paths or the motorized floor nozzle become blocked, turn the vacuum cleaner off and unplug it from the electrical outlet. Remove all obstructions before you plug in and turn on the unit again.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
- Keep nozzle and all vacuum openings away from hair, face, fingers, uncovered feet, or loose clothing.
- DO NOT use if the vacuum cleaner is not working as it should, or has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- DO NOT leave the vacuum cleaner unattended while plugged in.
- When powered on, keep the vacuum cleaner moving over the carpet surface at all times to avoid damaging the carpet fibers.
- DO NOT place vacuum cleaners on unstable surfaces such as chairs or tables.
- Your Shark® vacuum may not be designed to stand up on its own. When taking a break from cleaning, you may need to lean it against furniture or a wall or lay it flat on the floor. Using the vacuum for an application where the unit lacks stability may result in personal injury.
- DO NOT use to pick up:
b) Large objects
c) Hard or sharp objects (glass, nails, screws, or coins)
d) Large quantities of dust (drywall dust, fireplace ash, or embers). DO NOT use as an attachment to power tools for dust collection.
e) Smoking or burning objects (hot coals, cigarette butts, or matches)
f) Flammable or combustible materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, or kerosene)
g) Toxic materials (chlorine bleach, ammonia, or drain cleaner)
- DO NOT use in the following areas:
a) Poorly lit areas
b) Wet or damp surfaces
c) Outdoor areas
d) Spaces that are enclosed and may contain explosive or toxic fumes or vapors (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, paint, paint thinners, mothproofing substances, or flammable dust)
- Turn off all controls before plugging in or unplugging the vacuum.
- Unplug from the electrical outlet when not in use and before any maintenance or cleaning.
- Hand washes with water only. Washing with cleaning chemicals could damage the unit.
- During cleaning or routine maintenance, DO NOT cut anything other than hair, fibers, or string wrapped around the brush roll.
- Allow all filters to air-dry completely before replacing them in the vacuum to prevent liquid from being drawn into electric parts.
- Make sure the dust cap and all filters are in place after routine maintenance.
- If provided, secure the power cord around the two cord hooks during storage.
- Insert Wand into Floor Nozzle.
- Insert Handheld Vacuum into the wand.
- Snap the Accessory Holder onto the wand, then place accessories in the holder.
Ensure all connections click securely into place.
The control panel is located on top of the handheld vacuum.
Bare Floor/Small Area Rugs
In the Bare Floor/Small Area Rug setting, the brush roll spin slowly to clean bare floors and small area rugs.
Press the Power button to begin vacuuming. Press again to turn off the power.
The brush rolls spin faster to pick up debris below the surface of your carpets.
NOTE: Use the floor selector to toggle between Bare Floor and Carpet settings.
NOTE: For deep cleaning per ASTM F 608 (embedded dirt in carpets) please use the Carpet set.
To clean floors, step on the floor nozzle and tilt the handheld vacuum back. Select the desired floor mode for cleaning.
For more reach, detach the wand. Stand the vacuum upright, step on the foot pedal on the side of the nozzle, and pull up the wand to detach.
To detach the handheld vacuum, press the Wand Release button and lift the handheld vacuum off the wand. Great for cleaning stairs, furniture, and countertops.
To clean stairs or other narrow spaces, attach the handheld vacuum to the floor nozzle.
HANDHELD STORAGE HOOK
Press the wand release button near the top of the wand to detach the handheld vacuum.
Align the catch on the side of the handheld vacuum with the storage hook on the wand, then hang the handheld vacuum from the hook.
Wrap the cord around the two cord hooks. Start with the top hook, and leave a little slack in the cord.
NOTE: All accessories are compatible with both the wand and the handheld vacuum.
NOTE: Not all accessories come with all units. For a list of the accessories included with this model, see the top inside flap of the box. To order additional accessories, visit sharkaccessories.com.
(A) Crevice Tool
This slender tool offers extended reach to access corners, baseboards, tight spaces, and ceilings. A longer crevice tool is available at sharkaccessories.com.
(B) Pet Crevice Tool
This versatile, slender 8″ tool removes pet hair from hard-to-reach spaces like corners, stairs, and in-between couch cushions.
(C) Upholstery Tool
Picks up pet hair, dust, and large debris from mattresses, couches, curtains, and other delicate upholstered fabrics.
(D) Dusting Brush
This brush dusts and cleans delicate surfaces. Great for use on fans, blinds, lampshades, and keyboards.
(E) Pet Multi-Tool
A single convertible tool for cleaning tough pet messes two ways: use the stiff bristle brush to clean stuck-on debris, or take off the bristles to reveal an upholstery tool perfect for removing stubborn pet hair and large piles of debris.
(F) Duster Crevice Tool
Two cleaning tools in one. The crevice tool gives you extended reach to clean in tight spaces, while the soft brush is ideal for dusting delicate surfaces.
(G) Anti-Allergen Dust Brush
This brush features nylon fiber bristles specifically designed for removing fine dust and allergen particles from the most delicate surfaces.
(H) Self-Cleaning Pet Power Brush
Tackles pet hair and ground-in dirt from above-floor areas like carpeted stairs and upholstery, while actively removing hair wrap as it cleans.
(I) Precision Duster
This flexible tube features a micro-duster crevice tool on the end for cleaning around delicate objects and in difficult-to-reach spots like car interiors and computer keyboards.
(J) Under-Appliance Wand
Clean under and behind hard-to-move appliances and furniture with this adjustable 36″ tool. Flip the extension piece over to clean the underside of the appliances.
(K) Onboard Storage Clip
This removable clip attaches to your vacuum. The clip can store up to two accessories at a time while you clean.
(L) Accessory Bag (Large, 32 x 70 cm)
This convenient accessory storage bag measures 32 cm x 70 cm and fits the UnderAppliance Wand. Smaller size available at sharkaccessories.com
IMPORTANT: Unplug the vacuum before performing any maintenance.
EMPTYING THE DUST CUP
Empty the dust cup each time you vacuum and periodically during cleaning when debris in the dust cup reaches the MAX fill line.
Press the wand release button and lift the handheld vacuum. Remove the dust cup and check all intake openings for blockages.
To remove the dust cap from the handheld vacuum, press the two Dust Cup Release buttons at the same time and slide out the dust cup.
Hold the dust cup over the trash. Press the empty button and pull the dust cup open until it clicks and locks. To remove debris from the conical metal screen, tap the dust cup downward inside the trash.
Push the dust cup closed. Reinstall it in the handheld vacuum by inserting the front end first, then the back until it clicks into place.
IMPORTANT: Unplug the vacuum before performing any maintenance.
Regularly rinse and replace the filters to maintain your vacuum’s suction power.
To prevent damage from cleaning chemicals, rinse filters with cold water only. Do not use soap. Allow all filters to air-dry for at least 24 hours before reinstalling them to prevent liquid from being drawn into electronic parts.
With the dust cup detached, press the Filter Access buttons on both sides of the back of the dust cap, then pull out the filter housing. Pull the foam filter out of the housing, then lift out the felt filter by the pull tab.
The Pre-Motor Filters should be washed once a month.
Remove the filter cover on the top of the handheld vacuum to access the post-motor filter. To insert the filter cover, lead with the bottom and press the top into the handheld until it clicks into place.
The Post-Motor Filter should be washed once every 12 months.
Replacement Pre-Motor Filter Kit XFFKHZ2000
Replacement Post-Motor Filter XPMFHZ2000
CHECKING FOR BLOCKAGES
If there is an unusually loud noise and loss of suction. Check for blockages in your vacuum.
Remove the handheld vacuum from the wand and check all dust cup intake openings for debris or blockages.
Detach the wand and check it for blockages.
Detach the wand from the floor nozzle and set it aside. Tilt the floor nozzle tube back and check openings for blockages. Remove any blockages or debris from the floor nozzle debris intake. (See Floor Nozzle Maintenance section to check underneath the nozzle.).
NOTE: The pre-motor filters should be replaced every 2.5 years. The post-motor filter should be replaced every 3 years.
If you notice any hair wrap, continue vacuuming and the Self-Cleaning Brushroll will automatically remove it. If some hair wrap remains after continued use, remove the brush roll cover from the bottom of the nozzle and carefully remove the hair. To open the cover, use a coin to turn the locks counterclockwise. Liftoff the cover and remove any debris or hair wrap. Check the Debris Intake and clear away any dirt or blockages. To close the cover, push down until it clicks into place, then turn the locks clockwise until closed.
The vacuum is not picking up debris. No suction or light suction. (Refer to Maintenance section for more information.)
- Empty the dust cup and clear the conical metal fluff screen. Check filters to see if they need cleaning. Follow instructions for rinsing and completely air-drying the filters before reinstalling them.
- Check floor nozzle for blockages; clear blockages if required. (See Checking for Blockages instructions).
- Remove any string, carpet fibers, or hair that may be wrapped around the brush roll.
- Ensure the brush roll cover is locked in place. First, turn the nozzle upside down. Using a coin, turn the
three locks counterclockwise. Push down on both sides of the cover until it clicks securely into place, then turn locks clockwise to close.
Vacuum lifts area rugs.
- Suction is powerful. Take care when vacuuming area rugs or rugs with delicately sewn edges.
- Turn off the unit to disengage the brush roll. To restart, press the power button on the handle.
NOTE: During above-floor cleaning, accessories are optimized for different types of debris (See Available Accessories section).
Brushrolls do not spin.
- Sometimes going over thick carpet may cause the brush roll to stop. Try turning off and turning on the vacuum off the carpet to see to restart the floor nozzle.
- If the brush roll indicator light turns solid red or flashes red, immediately turn off and unplug the vacuum.
- Disconnect the wand from the floor nozzle and clear any blockages.
- Reconnect the wand, plug in the vacuum, and turn on the power.
- If the brush roll indicator light on the floor nozzle is green, the blockage has been successfully cleared. If the light is still red, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398.
The vacuum turns off on its own or the indicator light flashes red.
If your vacuum overheats, the thermostat will automatically turn off the motor. Perform the following steps to restart:
- Turn the vacuum off and unplug it.
- Empty dust cup and clean filters (see Emptying the Dust Cup section).
- Disassemble the entire vacuum.
- Check for blockages in the wand, floor nozzle, handheld vacuum, inlet openings, and accessories.
- Reassemble the entire vacuum and ensure all parts click into place.
- Allow the unit to cool for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Plugin vacuum and turn it on.
The vacuum is making a loud noise.
If you run over a hard or sharp object or notice a noise change while vacuuming, check for blockages or objects caught behind the brush roll. (Refer to Maintenance section for more information.)
For all other issues, visit sharkclean.com/support.
FIVE (5) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The Five (5) Year Limited Warranty applies to purchases made from authorized retailers of SharkNinja Operating LLC. Warranty coverage applies to the original owner and to the original product only and is not transferable.
SharkNinja warrants that the unit shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase when it is used under normal household conditions and maintained according to the requirements outlined in the Owner’s Guide, subject to the following conditions and exclusions:
What is covered by this warranty?
- The original unit and/or non-wearable components deemed defective, in SharkNinja’s sole discretion, will be repaired or replaced up to five (5) years from the original purchase date.
- In the event a replacement unit is issued, the warranty coverage ends six (6) months following the receipt date of the replacement unit or the remainder of the existing warranty, whichever is later. SharkNinja reserves the right to replace the unit with one of equal or greater value.
What is not covered by this warranty?
- Normal wear and tear of wearable parts (such as foam filters, HEPA filters, pads, etc.), which require regular maintenance and/or replacement to ensure the proper functioning of your unit, are not covered by this warranty. Replacement parts are available for purchase at sharkaccessories.com.
- Any unit that has been tampered with or used for commercial purposes.
- Damage caused by misuse (e.g., vacuuming up water or other liquids), abuse, negligent handling, failure to perform required maintenance (e.g., not cleaning the filters), or damage due to mishandling in transit.
- Consequential and incidental damages.
- Defects caused by repair persons not authorized by SharkNinja. These defects include damages caused in the process of shipping, altering, or repairing the SharkNinja product (or any of its parts) when the repair is performed by a repair person not authorized by SharkNinja.
- Products purchased, used, or operated outside North America.
How to get service
If your appliance fails to operate properly while in use under normal household conditions within the warranty period, visit sharkclean.com/support for product care and maintenance self-help. Our Customer Service Specialists are also available at 1-800-798-7398 to assist with product support and warranty service options, including the possibility of upgrading to our VIP warranty service options for select product categories.
SharkNinja will cover the cost for the customer to send in the unit to us for repair or replacement. A fee of $24.95 (subject to change) will be charged when SharkNinja ships the repaired or replacement unit.
How to initiate a warranty claim
You must call 1-800-798-7398 to initiate a warranty claim. You will need the receipt as proof of purchase. A Customer Service Specialist will provide you with return and packing instruction information.
How state law applies
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
REGISTER YOUR PURCHASE
Scan QR code using a mobile device
RECORD THIS INFORMATION
Date of Purchase:__________________
Store of Purchase:__________________
Benefits of registering your product and creating an account:
- Get easier, faster product support and access to warranty information
- Access troubleshooting and product care instructions
- Be among the first to know about exclusive product promotions
TIP: The model number is on the rating label behind the dust cup.
TIP: The date code is on one of the prongs of the power cord plug.
Voltage: 120V~, 60Hz
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP IT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
This Owner’s Guide is designed to help you get a complete understanding of your new Shark® UltraLight Pet Corded Stick with Self-Cleaning Brushroll.
SharkNinja Operating LLC
US: Needham, MA 02494
CAN: Ville St-Laurent, QC H4S 1A7
Illustrations may differ from the actual product. We are constantly striving to improve our products; therefore the specifications contained herein are subject to change without notice. For SharkNinja U.S. Patent information, visit sharkninja.com/uspatents
© 2020 SharkNinja Operating LLC. SHARK is a registered trademark of SharkNinja Operating LLC. HZ250SeriesIBENEB3Mv3 PRINTED IN CHINA
UltraLight Pet Corded Stick with Self-Cleaning Brushroll, HZ250 Series
- Patent Information | Shark® Patents | Ninja® Patents - SharkNinja
- Shark®️ Replacement Parts & Accessories | Vacuum & Steam Mop Parts and Accessories Shark Logo Ninja Logo Shark Logo
- My SharkNinja | Register a Product Shark Logo Ninja Logo Shark Logo
- Vacuum Cleaners, Steam Mops & Irons | Home Cleaning Products by Shark® Shark Logo Ninja Logo Shark Logo
- Shark®️ Cleaning Customer Support | Product FAQs, Manuals, Tips, Videos & more Shark Logo Ninja Logo Shark Logo
- Shark® Trademark
- Ninja® Trademark