Rotator™ Lift-Away™ Pet with Self-Cleaning Brushroll
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY · PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USE
If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. DO NOT force into outlet or try to modify to fit.
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, injury, or property damage:
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Your vacuum cleaner may consist of a motorized nozzle, wand, hose, and/ or vacuum pod. This device contains electrical connections, electrical wiring, and moving parts that potentially present risk to the user.
- Use only identical replacement parts.
- Carefully observe and follow the instructions provided below to avoid improper use of the appliance. DO NOT use the vacuum for any purpose other than those described in this manual.
- Before use, carefully inspect all parts for any damage. DO NOT use if any parts are damaged.
- The use of an extension cord is NOT recommended.
- This vacuum cleaner contains no serviceable parts.
- This appliance can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children.
- Always turn off the vacuum cleaner before connecting or disconnecting any motorized nozzles or other accessories.
- DO NOT handle plug or vacuum cleaner with wet hands.
- DO NOT use without filters in place.
- Only use Shark® branded filters and accessories. Failure to do so will also void the warranty.
- DO NOT damage the power cord:
a) DO NOT pull or carry vacuum cleaner by the cord or use the cord as a handle.
b) DO NOT unplug by pulling on cord. Grasp the plug, not the cord.
c) DO NOT run the vacuum cleaner over the power cord, close a door on the cord, pull the cord around sharp corners, or leave the cord near heated surfaces.
- DO NOT put any objects into nozzle or accessory openings. DO NOT use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
- DO NOT use if nozzle or accessory airflow is restricted. If the air paths or the motorized floor nozzle become blocked, turn the vacuum cleaner off and unplug from electrical outlet. Remove all obstructions before you plug in and turn on the unit again.
- Keep nozzle and all vacuum openings away from hair, face, fingers, uncovered feet, or loose clothing.
- DO NOT use if vacuum cleaner is not working as it should, or has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- DO NOT leave the vacuum cleaner unattended while plugged in.
- When powered on, keep the vacuum cleaner moving over the carpet surface at all times to avoid damaging the carpet fibers.
- DO NOT place vacuum cleaner on unstable surfaces such as chairs or tables.
- Your Shark® vacuum may not be designed to stand up on its own. When taking a break from cleaning, you may need to lean it against furniture or a wall, or lay it flat on the floor. Using the vacuum for an application where the unit lacks stability may result in personal injury.
- DO NOT use to pick up:
b) Large objects
c) Hard or sharp objects (glass, nails, screws, or coins)
d) Large quantities of dust (drywall dust, fireplace ash, or embers). DO NOT use as an attachment to power tools for dust collection.
e) Smoking or burning objects (hot coals, cigarette butts, or matches)
f) Flammable or combustible materials (lighter fluid, gasoline, or kerosene)
g) Toxic materials (chlorine bleach, ammonia, or drain cleaner)
- DO NOT use in the following areas:
a) Poorly lit areas
b) Wet or damp surfaces
c) Outdoor areas
d) Spaces that are enclosed and may contain explosive or toxic fumes or vapors (lighter fluid, gasoline, kerosene, paint, paint thinners, mothproofing substances, or flammable dust)
- Turn off all controls before plugging in or unplugging the vacuum.
- Unplug from electrical outlet when not in use and before any maintenance or cleaning.
- Hand wash with water only. Washing with cleaning chemicals could damage the unit.
- During cleaning or routine maintenance, DO NOT cut anything other than hair, fibers, or string wrapped around the brushroll.
- Allow all filters to air-dry completely before replacing in the vacuum to prevent liquid from being drawn into electric parts.
- Make sure the dust cup and all filters are in place after routine maintenance.
- If provided, secure the power cord around the two cord hooks during storage.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Insert Accessories Holder into the side of the Pod above the Lift-Away Button.
- Place pod onto Floor Nozzle Post.
- Insert Wand into pod.
- Insert Handle into wand.
- Attach Hose Clip to wand.
- Connect Hose to back of pod. For proper operation, ensure all parts are firmly clicked into place.
Select surface setting:
I Hard Floor
For bare floors and small area rugs.
Suction Control offers variable suction based on your needs. Slide to MIN to reduce suction and increase maneuverability on carpets. Slide to MAX to increase suction on bare floors.
NOTE: The brushroll spins in both modes.
BRUSHROLL INDICATOR LIGHT
WHAT DOES THE BRUSH ROLL INDICATOR LIGHT MEAN?
Solid Green: The brush roll is spinning and working as it should.
Solid Red: There is a jam in the brush roll area. Turn off the vacuum and unplug it, then remove any blockages in the nozzle.
Flashing Red: The motorized floor nozzle is overheating. Turn off the vacuum, unplug it, and remove any blockages. Let the vacuum cool down for at least 60 minutes before restarting. See the Troubleshooting section for more information.
NOTE: For deep carpet cleaning per ASTM F608 (embedded dirt in carpets), use Carpet mode and set suction control to Max.
To engage brushroll, step on nozzle and tilt handle back firmly. Press the Power/Surface Switch to the appropriate floor setting.
Press the Lift-Away button to detach the pod from the floor nozzle.
Press the Handle Release button on the back of the wand to detach the handle from the wand.
With pod removed, press the Wand Release button to detach the wand from the pod.
NOTE: All accessories are compatible with both the wand and the handle.
EMPTYING THE DUST CUP
IMPORTANT: Unplug the power cord before performing any maintenance. Empty the dust cup each time you vacuum and periodically during cleaning when debris in the dust cup reaches the MAX fill line.
To remove Dust Cup, lift tabs on both sides of dust cup handle. Tilt dust cup, then lift to remove.
To empty debris into trash, press lower release button, and bottom of dust cup will drop open.
To remove collected debris from Lint Screen, press top release button and lift handle to open. Gently brush lint screen to clean.
To reinstall, place bottom of dust cup into pod and then tilt until it clicks into place.
CLEANING AND REPLACING THE FILTERS
Regularly rinse and replace the filters to maintain your vacuum’s suction power. To prevent damage from cleaning chemicals, rinse filters with cold water ONLY. Allow all filters to air-dry for at least 24 hours before reinstalling them to prevent liquid from being drawn into electric parts.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT use soap when cleaning the filters.
CLEAN PRE-MOTOR FILTERS
EVERY 3 MONTHS
Remove Dust Cup, then lift out Filters.
CLEAN HEPA FILTER
Press button at bottom of Filter Door. Tilt filter door and lift it out, then remove HEPA Filter. To reinstall, insert HEPA filter into unit and replace the filter door.
Follow the previous instructions for removing filters. The Pre-Motor Filter should be replaced every 2.5 years. The HEPA Filter should be replaced every 3 years.
Replacement Pre-Motor Foam & Felt Filter Kit XFFK560
Replacement HEPA Filter XHEPA560
NOTE: To order replacement parts and filters, visit sharkaccessories.com.
The self-cleaning brushroll actively removes hair wrap as you vacuum. If any hair is wrapped around the brushroll, continue vacuuming. This will allow the self-cleaning brushroll to remove the hair wrap and send it to the dust cup. If some hair wrap remains after continued use, remove the cover from the bottom of the nozzle and carefully clean off the brushroll.
CLEANING THE BRUSHROLL
Using a coin, turn locks counterclockwise, then open the cover to access Brushroll.
NOTE: Cover hinges open but is not completely removable.
DEBRIS WRAPPED AROUND BRUSHROLL
Clean off any debris on the bristles.
NOTE: If any hair is wrapped around the brushroll, extending cleaning time will allow the self-cleaning brushroll to remove it for you. If some hair wrap remains after continued use, carefully remove it from the brushroll.
If you vacuum up a hard or sharp object, or notice a noise change while vacuuming, remove any blockages or objects caught behind the brushroll.
Clear away any dust, dirt, or blockages in Debris Intake.
To close the cover, push down until it clicks into place, then close the locks with a coin.
CHECKING FOR BLOCKAGES
Detach wand from floor nozzle and handle, and check both ends for blockages.
Detach floor nozzle from wand and vacuum pod, tilt nozzle neck back, and check opening for blockages.
Detach handle from wand and hose from the vacuum pod, and check openings for blockages.
Detach dust cup from vacuum pod. Empty dust cup, remove debris from lint screen, and check for blockages.
A Crevice Tool
This slim tool is great for cleaning in tight spaces, between couch cushions, and in hard-to-reach areas.
B Dusting Brush
This brush dusts and cleans delicate surfaces. Great for use on fans, blinds, lampshades, and keyboards
C Pet Power Brush
The turbine brush loosens and removes pet hair and debris from carpets, and powerfully deep-cleans dander out of upholstery and other surfaces.
Tool Picks up pet hair, dust, and large debris from mattresses, couches, curtains, and other delicate upholstered fabrics.
E Under-Appliance Wand
Clean under and behind hard-to-move appliances and furniture with this adjustable 36″ tool. Flip the extension piece over to clean the underside of appliances.
F Home & Car Detail Kit
Deep-clean your car like a professional detailer, or clean hard-to-reach areas in your home. Micro- sized tools let you clean around delicate objects and access the tightest spaces like car vents and computer keyboards.
G Large Accessory
Bag This convenient accessory storage bag measures 32 cm x 70 cm and fits the Under-Appliance Wand. Smaller size available at sharkaccessories.com.
NOTE: Not all accessories come with all units. For a list of the accessories included with this model, see the top inside flap of the box. To order additional accessories, visit sharkaccessories.com.
Vacuum is not picking up debris. No suction or light suction.
- Check filters to see if they need cleaning. Follow instructions for rinsing and air-drying the filters before reinserting in the vacuum.
- Dust cup may be full; empty dust cup.
- Clear any blockages in the hose, hose connections, nozzle, wand, pod, or accessories. See Checking for Blockages section for more information.
Vacuum lifts area rugs.
- Make sure Power/Surface switch is set to Hard Floor (setting I).
- Suction is powerful. Take care when vacuuming area rugs or rugs with delicately sewn edges.
- To minimize suction, slide Suction Control to MIN.
Brushroll does not spin.
- If the Brushroll Indicator Light turns red, immediately turn off and unplug the vacuum. Remove pod from floor nozzle and clear any blockages. Reconnect nozzle, plug in vacuum, and turn on power.
- With the power on, recline the handle, which will automatically turn on the brushroll.
Vacuum turns off on its own or indicator light flashes red.
If your vacuum overheats, the thermostat will automatically turn off the motor. Follow these steps to restart:
- Turn vacuum off and unplug it.
- Empty dust cup and clean filters (see Emptying the Dust Cup and Cleaning the Filters).
- Check for blockages in hose, accessories, and inlet openings.
- Allow unit to cool for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Plug in vacuum and turn it on with the Power/Surface switch.
For all other issues, please visit our website at sharkclean.com/support.
FIVE (5) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The Five (5) Year Limited Warranty applies to purchases made from authorized retailers of SharkNinja Operating LLC. Warranty coverage applies to the original owner and to the original product only and is not transferable.
SharkNinja warrants that the unit shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase when it is used under normal household conditions and maintained according to the requirements outlined in the Owner’s Guide, subject to the following conditions and exclusions:
What is covered by this warranty?
- The original unit and/or non-wearable components deemed defective, in SharkNinja’s sole discretion, will be repaired or replaced up to five (5) years from the original purchase date.
- In the event a replacement unit is issued, the warranty coverage ends six (6) months following the receipt date of the replacement unit or the remainder of the existing warranty, whichever is later. SharkNinja reserves the right to replace the unit with one of equal or greater value.
What is not covered by this warranty?
- Normal wear and tear of wearable parts (such as foam filters, HEPA filters, pads, etc.), which require regular maintenance and/or replacement to ensure the proper functioning of your unit, are not covered by this warranty. Replacement parts are available for purchase at sharkaccessories.com.
- Any unit that has been tampered with or used for commercial purposes.
- Damage caused by misuse (e.g., vacuuming up water or other liquids), abuse, negligent handling, failure to perform required maintenance (e.g., not cleaning the filters), or damage due to mishandling in transit.
- Consequential and incidental damages.
- Defects caused by repair persons not authorized by SharkNinja. These defects include damages caused in the process of shipping, altering, or repairing the SharkNinja product (or any of its parts) when the repair is performed by a repair person not authorized by SharkNinja.
- Products purchased, used, or operated outside North America.
How to get service
If your appliance fails to operate properly while in use under normal household conditions within the warranty period, visit sharkclean.com for product care and maintenance self-help. Our Customer Service Specialists are also available at 1-800-798-7398 to assist with product support and warranty service options, including the possibility of upgrading to our VIP warranty service options for select product categories.
SharkNinja will cover the cost for the customer to send in the unit to us for repair or replacement. A fee of $24.95 (subject to change) will be charged when SharkNinja ships the repaired or replacement unit.
How to initiate a warranty claim
You must call 1-800-798-7398 to initiate a warranty claim. You will need the receipt as proof of purchase. A Customer Service Specialist will provide you with return and packing instruction information.
How state law applies
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
REGISTER YOUR PURCHASE
Scan QR code using mobile device
RECORD THIS INFORMATION
Model Number: __________________________________
Serial Number: ___________________________________
Date of Purchase: _________________________________
Store of Purchase: _________________________________
Voltage: 120V~ 60Hz
Benefits of registering your product and creating an account:
- Get easier, faster product support and access to warranty information
- Access troubleshooting and product care instructions
- Be among the first to know about exclusive product promotions
TIP: You can find the model and serial numbers on the QR code label on the bottom of the back of the vacuum pod.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KEEP FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
This Owner’s Guide is designed to help you get a complete understanding of your new Shark® Rotator™ Lift-Away™ Pet with Self-Cleaning Brushroll.
SharkNinja Operating LLC
US: Needham, MA 02494
CAN: Ville St-Laurent, QC H4S 1A7
Illustrations may differ from actual product. We are constantly striving to improve our products; therefore the specifications contained herein are subject to change without notice.
For SharkNinja U.S. Patent information, visit sharkninja.com/uspatents
© 2020 SharkNinja Operating LLC. SHARK is a registered trademark of SharkNinja Operating LLC.
LIFT-AWAY and ROTATOR are trademarks of SharkNinja Operating, LLC.
PRINTED IN CHINA