SEIKI SC-430AU8TMW 413L Top Mount Refrigerator
Read this manual thoroughly before you start using the Top Mount Refrigerator.
The safety precautions instructions reduces the risk of fire, electric shock and injury when cor-rectly complied to.
Please follow all instructions and take notice of all warnings.
Pay close attention to messages that follow this safety alert symbol or the words DANGER, WARNING or CAUTION. These words will be used to alert you of potential hazards that and injure you and others. Following these instruction will tell you how to reduce the chance of injury and the possible dangers if instructions aren’t followed.
This symbol alerts you to take care as the appliance contains flammable materials: isobutane as refrigerant and cyclopentane as insulation blowing gas. Do not expose it to high heat, sparks and open flames.
The refrigerant isobutane (R600a) is contained within the refrigerant circuit of the appliance, a gas with a high level of environmental compatibility, which is flammable. During transportation and installation of the appliance, make sure that none of the components of the refrigerant circuit become damaged.
WARNING: Never use an appliance with a damaged refrigerant circuit. If the refrigerant circuit becomes damaged, avoid proximity to open fires and all types of heat and ignition sources. Thoroughly ventilate the room in which the appliance is located.
It is dangerous for anyone other than an authorised service person to work on this appliance. In Queensland, the authorised service person MUST hold a Gas Work Authorisation for hydrocarbon refrigerants to carry out servicing or repairs which involve the removal of covers.
The room for installing the appliance must be at least 1m³ per 8g of refrigerant.
The amount and type of refrigerant in the appliance can be found in the Technical Specifications at the back of the manual and on the appliance rating label.
This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
- staff areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
- farm houses and by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- bed and breakfast type environments;
- catering and similar non-retail applications
NOTE: This model uses 0.058Kg of R600a flammable refrigerant in its sealed system. The following must be observed for your safety:
R600A Refrigerant Warning
- This appliance contains a small quantity of R600A refrigerant which is environmentally friendly, but flammable. It does not damage the ozone layer, nor does it increase the greenhouse effect.
- During transportation and installation, ensure that the tubing of the refrigerant circuit is not damaged.
- Leaking refrigerant can ignite and may damage the eyes.
- In the event any damage does occur, avoid exposure to open fires and any device which creates a spark. Disconnect the appliance from the mains power.
- Thoroughly ventilate the room in which the appliance is located for several minutes.
- Notify Customer Service for necessary action and advice.
- The room for installing the appliance must be at least 1 cubic metre per 8 grams of refrigerant. The refrigerant quantity contained in this appliance is listed above in grams; it is also noted on the Rating Plate of the appliance.
It is hazardous for anyone other than an Authorised Service Person to carry out servicing or repairs to this appliance. In Queensland the authorized person must hold a Gas Work Authorisation for hydrocarbon refrigerants, before carrying out servicing or repairs which involve the removal of covers.
- Keep ventilation openings, in the appliance enclosure or in the built-in structure, clear of obstruction.
- Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- Do not use electrical appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in the appliance.
The environment and personal safety must be considered when disposing of this appliance. Please ensure the appliance is taken to a recycle center for safe recycling. DO NOT dispose of the appliance in land fill as the insulation and refrigerant gas contained in these appliances are flammable.
To reduce risk of fire, electric shock or injury, always follow these basic precautions and accident prevention measures when using this appliance, including the below:
- Heavy: The product is heavy, be careful when moving it. To avoid back or other injury, have 2 people lift or mechanical aid when installing.
- Damage: When unnoxing, thoroughly inspect the appliance carefully for any damage. If there is any damage, do not install the appliance. Contact our support centre on [email protected] for advice.
- Protection from moisture: Make sure the appliance is installed in an indoor area away from wind, rain, water spray or drips.
- Protect from heat: Do not place the appliance next to an oven, grill or other source of high heat, or where it will be exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- WARNING: Ventilation: Make sure to have enough ventilation, keep any ventilation openings, in the appliance enclosure or in the built-in structure, clear all obstructions. Make sure plenty of air circulation around the appliance to prevent overheating.
- Level: Install appliance level in order for proper operation.
- Voltage: Plug the appliance to a 220-240V, 50Hz, properly earthed power outlet, it must be in good working order.
- Power connection: Do not use an adaptor or an extension cord.
Plug the power plug directly into a separate power point that cannot be accidentally turned off, and that is easily accessible so you can switch it off if needed.
- Power cord: Do not kink or damage the power supply cord. Make sure it is behind the appliance so no one can step on or place anything on the power supply cord or against it. A damaged power plug may overheat and cause a fire.
- Damaged cord: Do not use a cord that shows cracks or abrasion damage. Any damage to the cord may cause a short circuit, fire and/or electric shock. Contact our support centre on [email protected] for advice
- WARNING! The light supplied with this appliance cannot be replaced by the user. Contact the authorised service agent for replacement or service.
- Disconnection: Never pull the powercord to unplug appliance. Grip the plug and pull straight out from the power point.
- Electrical work: If the installation of this appliance requires any electrical work, make sure it is carried out by an electrician.
USAGE CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
- Children: Supervision over children is to ensure that they do not play with the appliance. Never allow them to use, play with or crawl inside the appliance. Cleaning and maintenance must not be done by children.
- Usage restrictions: The appliance is not to be used by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision
- Indoor domestic use only: Only for indoor domestic use only, such as in households, kitchen areas in shops, offices and in other working environments, use by clients in hotels, motels, bed and breakfast establishments and in catering and similar non-retail applications. It is not to be used for industrial or commercial use.
- Intended purpose: Do not use this product for anything other than its intended purpose, and only use it as described in this manual. Do not attempt to alter or modify this appliance.
- WARNING! Do not use any electrical or electronic appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Flames: Do not allow open flames or ignition sources enter the appliance.
- Disconnect: Make sure to unplug appliance before cleaning or servicing.
Failure to do so can result in electric shock, injury or death. Do not connect or disconnect the plug when your hands are wet.
- Flammable/explosive substances: Do not store flammable or explosive substances such as aerosol cans with flammable propellant in this appliance.
- Solvents: Do not use solvent based cleaning products or abrasives on the interior.
- WARNING! Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer
- Service: Never try to repair, modify or replace any part of the appliance, unless this manual says you can do so. All other servicing is to be done by a qualified technician, or contact our support centre on [email protected] for advice.
- Do not throw this appliance out with your household rubbish. Observe any local regulations regarding the disposal of electrical consumer goods and dispose of it appropriately.
- Safety first: Before installing your new bar fridge, read all safety instructions in this manual, especially the sections on electrical safety and installation.
- Do not tilt the appliance more than 45Âº from upright when moving.
- This appliance is designed to be freestanding only and is not be recessed or built in.
- Do not apply force to any part such as the condenser or door.
- Place the bar fridge on a strong, level floor that is solid enough to support the unit when it is fully loaded.
- To fix the balance, Adjust the levelling legs at the bottom of the appliance.
- Ensure there is nothing that could prevent the door from closing.
- SPACING: Allow 10cm clear space between the back and 5cm on the sides of the appliance and your wall or anything else to make sure there is enough air circulation, which is needed to allow for the cooling of the compressor
- If you have to position the refrigerator on carpet, use a plastic carpet protector underneath the appliance.
BE SURE TO PLACE APPLIANCE:
- Away from direct sunlight.
- Away from sources of heat (may increase power consumption).
- An area without excessive moisture and high humidity.
WARNING: Before you plug in the appliance, let it stand upright for 2 hours.
This will allow the refrigerant gases to settle into the compressor and reduce the possi-bility of a malfunction in the cooling system from transportation.
LEVELLING THE REFRIGERATOR
OPERATION – REFRIGERATOR
For first time use, Please make sure to set the thermostat dial to COLDEST (3), then leave it powered on for 2-3 hours. Then set the thermostat to desired settings and place foods in the appliance.
When adjusting the temperature, Press the SETTING (A) button, to cycle through the above 1 – 4 TEMPERATURE settings. It will turn once selecting the option after 15 seconds.
Press and hold the setting button for 3 seconds to lock the control panel. Press and hold again for 3 seconds to unlock.
OPERATION – FREEZER
The temperature for the FREEZER compartment can be adjusted by changing the position of the FREEZER TEMP CONTROL SLIDER.
For better use of the refrigerator, it is recommended to keep the slider in original position.
REVERSING THE DOOR
This appliance has the capability of opening the door from either the left or right side. The appliance is delivered to you with the door opening from the left side.
To change the opening direction, please follow the below instructions. Be sure to unplug the appliance to change the door.
WARNING: To ensure correct reliable operation of the refrigerator, contact an authorised service agent to reverse the door for you. Incorrect installation of the door may result in damage and excessive wear on refrigerant components.
To reverse the door, you will need a straight screw driver, cross screwdriver, spanner and components in the poly bag:
- Reversing of the doors must be completed by an authorised service agent.
- Make sure to unplug and empty out the refrigerator before proceeding.
- To take the door off, it is nessecary to tilt the unit backwards. You should rest the unit on something solid so that it will not slip during the process.
- DO NOT lay the unit flat, this may damage the coolant system required to cool your refrigerator.
- Power Off the Refrigerator.
- Remove the hinge cover and screw on the top right side of the giftbox, as well as the upper hinge and the hole cover on the left side.
- Unscrew the hinge screw, take of the middle hinge and the upper shaft sleeve, remove the two hinge hole covers (plug ins) on the middle hinge and take out the door body of the refrigerator chamber upswards.
- Install the hinge shaft and shaft sleeve to the left hole of the lower hinge. Then the lower hinge to the left corner of refrigerator, then adjusting foot A according to the position shown in the below image. Finally the adjusting foot B to the right lower corner of the refrigerator.
- Dismantle the door stop of the two doors of the refrigerator.
- Remove the self-locking screws of the right door, then take out the self-locking of the left door from the accessory bag and install it to the left corner of the door body together with the door stop.
- From the right side, take out the bottom support block of the door of refrigerator and install to the lower left side corner.
- Finally, take out the hole plug and shaft sleeve for the refrigerator door and adjust their positions. Then install them into the door body.
- Take out the right decorative cover on the door of refrigerator and take out the left decorative cover from the accessory bag and install them.
- Install the door of refrigerator on the lower hinge and the middle hinge left side of the refrigerator and tighten the screws.
Place on the shaft sleeve. Install the plug pin in the hole on the middle beam at the other end.
- Install the door of the freezer on the middle hinge. Take out the left upper hinge and the cover for it from the accessory bag. Install the left hinge and tighten the screws.
Install the cover for the left upper hinge and tighten the screw.
Install the right sensor in the original left hole cover and then fix the hole cover on the right box.
|The appliance does not operate||
|The fridge turns on and off frequently.||
|There are vibrations||
|The fridge seems to make too much noise.||
|The door will not close properly.||
|Moisture forms on the inside or outside walls of the bar fridge.||
|Excessive frost and ice has built up.||
|The compressor runs continuously.||
|Total Net Volume||
220-240V ~ 50Hz
|Insulation Blowing Gas||
Net: 63 kg / Gross: 73 kg
700 (w) x 670 (d) x 1723 (h) mm
CUSTOMER HELPLINE: [email protected]
DISTRIBUTED BY: Ayonz Pty Ltd
Documents / Resources
|SEIKI SC-430AU8TMW 413L Top Mount Refrigerator [pdf] Instruction Manual|
SC-430AU8TMW, 413L Top Mount Refrigerator