SEALEY AK436.V3 Rechargeable Spotlight 3 Million Candle Power
- Ensure the spotlight is correctly charged before initial use.
- When fully charged, spotlight must not be used continuously for more than 20 minutes. To do so may damage the spotlight.
- WARNING! The lens becomes very hot during operation.
- DO NOT cover or block the lens during use.
- DO NOT turn the spotlight on when it is being re-charged.
- DO NOT shine directly into your, other person’s or animal’s eyes.
- DO NOT stand the spotlight near any surface or item that may be adversely effected by the heat emitted by the lens.
- DO NOT allow children to use the spotlight.
- DO NOT handle or move the spotlight whilst it is being charged.
- DO NOT use the spotlight if you suspect that the battery or the spotlight casing is damaged.
- DO NOT handle the bulb with your fingers. Use a soft lint-free cloth.
- Ensure that correctly rated battery and bulb are used for replacements.
- When not in use store the spotlight in a safe, dry, childproof location.
DANGER! BE AWARE, LEAD-ACID BATTERIES MAY BE DANGEROUS IF NOT HANDLED WITH CARE AND ACCORDING TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS.,
- Before exposing the battery for replacement, remove personal metallic items such as rings, bracelets, necklaces and watches. A lead-acid battery can produce a short-circuit current high enough to weld a ring to metal, which would cause severe burns.
- DO NOT smoke or allow a spark or flame in the vicinity of battery.
- Ensure the charger is switched off and disconnected from the spotlight before attempting to open the lamp unit.
- If the battery or wire terminals are corroded or dirty, clean them before replacing battery.
- DO NOT disassemble the battery for any reason.
- WARNING! DO NOT allow metal tools to touch both battery terminals simultaneously. Arcing or short circuit will result.
- DO NOT allow battery wires to touch each other or to make contact with any other metallic part.
- DO NOT cross-connect wires to the battery as this will damage the unit. Ensure positive (+) (RED) is to positive and negative (-) (BLACK) is to negative.
- DO NOT leave battery in a discharged state, recharge battery immediately. If the lantern is not in use, recharge the battery every three months.
- Dispose of the old battery in accordance with local authority battery regulations. DO NOT dispose of with regular refuse.
ONLY USE THE SUPPLIED CHARGER PLUG FOR CONNECTING SPOTLIGHT TO THE POWER SUPPLY. ONLY USE THE SUPPLIED ADAPTOR FOR CONNECTING TO A VEHICLE 12V SOCKET.
It is the user’s responsibility to read, understand and comply with the following electrical instructions with respect to the charger plug: You must ensure the risk of electric shock is minimised by the installation of appropriate safety devices. An RCCB (Residual Current Circuit Breaker) should be incorporated in the main distribution board. We also recommend that an RCD (Residual Current Device) is used with all electrical products, particularly portable equipment which is plugged into an electrical supply not protected by an RCCB. You must also read and understand the following instructions concerning electrical safety.
- The Electricity At Work Act 1989 requires all portable electrical appliances, if used on business premises, to be tested by a qualified electrician, using a Portable Appliance Tester (PAT), at least once a year.
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 makes owners of electrical appliances responsible for the safe condition of the appliance and the safety of the appliance operator.
- If in any doubt about electrical safety, contact a qualified electrician.
- You must ensure that you:
- Inspect the charger plug, cable and connector for wear and damage to ensure items are safe before connecting to the mains power supply.
- If worn or damaged DO NOT use.
- Check cables are always protected against short circuit and overload.
- Important: Check that the voltage marked on the charger plug is the same as the power supply to be used.
- Uncoil the cable between charger and the spotlight.
- DO NOT pull the charger plug from the mains socket by the lead.
- DO NOT use any other type of charger with this product.
- DO NOT place the connector into any area of the spotlight except the correct jack inlet socket.
- DO NOT try to take the charger plug apart.
- DO NOT use the charger plug to charge or power any other electrical item.
- DO NOT get the charger wet, or use in wet, damp conditions (for indoor use only).
- WARNING! NEVER substitute a standard 13 amp 3 pin plug, or any other type of plug, for the charger plug. Original
INTRODUCTION & OPERATION
Weatherproof composite spotlight with swivel handle feature allowing pistol grip or carry handle operation. Integral foot doubles as carry handle when used in pistol grip mode. Ø130mm Lens with halogen bulb produces 3-million candle power of intense white light, suitable for a variety of -industrial, domestic and leisure applications. Supplied with sealed 6Volt battery, in-vehicle charger and 9Volt battery charger pack.
- WARNING! Ensure you read and understand safety instructions before use. Reminder: These spotlights are designed for intermittent use only. Continuous use may damage the unit.
- Charge the battery before use. IMPORTANT: Turn off spotlight whilst charging. Failure to do so will damage the charger plug / vehicle plug.
- Turn spotlight ‘On’ and ‘Off’ by pressing the switch on the main body.
- To use press locking button and rotate the handle to grip position. shows the arrangement for standing the spotlight on a surface, using the adjustable support.
IMPORTANT WARRANTY INFORMATION:
- The battery pack fitted to this cordless tool is considered to be a consumable item and its ability to accept charge will reduce over time.
- We will warranty it against mechanical and electrical defect for a period of one year – this does not cover fair wear and tear.
- If the battery is not properly charged before first use, or regularly conditioned, its capacity will diminish.
- Under these circumstances, we will not replace the battery pack even if it is less than one year old.
- WARNING! Ensure you read, understand and apply safety instructions relating to the battery and charger before use.
- Ensure the spotlight is turned ‘Off’, then plug the charger adaptor into the jack inlet on the spotlight body and stand the spotlight in a safe location ready to charge.
- Plug charger into the mains supply.
- Allow approximately 15 hours for the battery to charge. When fully charged, switch off the mains supply and unplug the charger from the mains supply. Remove the charger adaptor from the spotlight and seal the jack inlet. The spotlight is now ready to use.
- Store the charger in a safe, dry location.
- a) A fully charged battery will last for approximately 50 minutes.
- Do not let the battery fully discharge.
Note: The battery will also charge from the 12V vehicle socket using the 12V DC charging cord. Therefore this method is recommended for emergencies or for a quick charge only, This method should not be used for long-term charging, Charge the spotlight for no longer than 2 hours.
- Ensure spotlight is turned ‘Off’ and then plug the 12 volt vehicle plug adaptor into the jack inlet on the spotlight body and stand the spotlight in a safe location ready to charge.
- Insert the adaptor’s plug into the vehicle’s accessory socket. Allow battery to charge (see note above).
- When charged, unplug the adaptor from the vehicle’s socket and also from the spotlight before turning the spotlight on.
- Store the adaptor in a safe, dry location.
- Note: Charging the spotlight from a 12 volt vehicle socket will drain the vehicle battery, unless the engine is running. Original
CHANGING THE SPOTLIGHT BULB
- WARNING! Ensure the spotlight is turned off and the lens has cooled prior to changing the bulb.
- Undo the spotlight hood by turning it anti-clockwise.
- Carefully lift the reflector assembly revealing the spring clip and the cable connector
- Disconnect cable
- Squeeze the two ends of the spring clip together and remove the spring clip
- If unable to remove bulb, first remove screw and nut
- Pull bulb outward from the reflector.
- Hold the new bulb with a lint free cloth, (do not handle the bulb), and install by reversing the above procedure.
- WARNING! Beware of causing a short circuit
- AK436.V3-01 Bulb – Halogen H3 6V 55W
- AK436.V3-02 Mains Charger
- AK436.V3-03 Battery
- AK436.V3-04 Switch
- AK436.V3-05 Car Accessory Charger Lead
Recycle unwanted materials instead of disposing of them as waste. All tools, accessories and packaging should be sorted, taken to a recycle centre and disposed of in a manner which is compatible with the environment. When the product is no longer required, it must be disposed of in an environmentally protective way. Contact your local solid waste authority for recycling information.
- WARNING! Ensure the spotlight is turned off before removing the battery
- Remove the screw on the back of the lamp and remove the back cover.
- Slide out the battery and remove the wires from the battery termials, removing the black negative first.
- Dispose of battery according to local authority guidelines.
- Under the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009, Jack Sealey Ltd are required to inform potential purchasers of products containing batteries (as defined within these regulations), that they are registered with Valpak’s registered compliance scheme.
- Jack Sealey Ltd’s Batteries Producer Registration Number (BPRN) is BPRN00705
NOTE: It is our policy to continually improve products and as such we reserve the right to alter data, specifications and component parts without prior notice.
IMPORTANT: No liability is accepted for incorrect use of this product.
WARRANTY: Guarantee is 12 months from purchase date, proof of which will be required for any claim.
INFORMATION: For a copy of our latest catalogue and promotions call us on 01284 757525 and leave your full name and address, including postcode
Documents / Resources
|SEALEY AK436.V3 Rechargeable Spotlight 3 Million Candle Power [pdf] Instruction Manual|
AK436.V3, Rechargeable Spotlight 3 Million Candle Power, AK436.V3 Rechargeable Spotlight 3 Million Candle Power