Scosche BTFREQ Bluetooth FM Transmitter BTFMA BTFMI User Manual
- Bluetooth receiver with FM transmitter.
- Remote control
- 3.5mm AUX cable
- LED SCREEN
- CHANNEL BUTTON
- MULTIFUCTION BUTTON
- BACK/ VOLUME-
- FORWARD/ VOLUME+
- 3.5MM AUX IN/OUT
- 2.1A USB CHARGING PORT
- 12V PLUG
- Bluetooth hands free calling and music streaming
- USB charging port for charging mobile phones and other devices. Auxiliary Input for use with other devices
- Wireless remote control
- Includes audio cable
A2DP Bluetooth calling and audio streaming FM transmitter frequency
- Range: 88.1-107.9MHZ
- Input power: 12-24VDC
- USB output: 5V at up to 2.1 amps (10 watts)
POWER UP AND BLUETOOTH PAIRING
Follow these steps to power up and pair your BTFREQ to your mobile phone.
- Plug the BTFREQ into your cars 12V power socket.
- Wait for the Bluetooth indicator to flash.
- Access the Bluetooth menu on your mobile device, and enable the Bluetooth function. From the list of available accessories find and select “Scosche BTFMA”.
- Your phone will confirm once it is connected, and the Bluetooth indicator will stop flashing.
Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
CONNECTING TO YOUR CAR’S STEREO
There are two options for connecting the BTFREQ to your car stereo.
FM RADIO (option 1)
The BTFREQ has a small FM radio transmitter that can broadcast to your car’s stereo.
- Find a weak station on your FM radio that has no active broadcast signal.
- Use the CH, then the Forward and Back buttons to tune the BTFREQ to match the frequency of your FM radio.
- If you experience interference you may have entered an area where there is an active broadcast signal on the station you are tuned to. Repeat the above steps to find a different clear station
AUX OUT (option 2)
If your car stereo includes an AUX port you can use the BTFREQ’s AUX out feature.
- Connect the included audio cable from the AUX IN/OUT port on the BTFREQ to the AUX port in your stereo.
- Set your car stereo source to AUX. Consult your vehicle owners manual if you are not sure how.
USING THE BTFREQ
Once you have paired the BTFREQ to your phone (see Power up and pairing section) and have connected the BTFREQ to your stereo (see Connecting to your cars stereo) you can begin using your BTFREQ.
- Stream music by using the music player on your phone.
- You can use the controls on the BTFREQ to play, pause and change tracks.
MAKING AND RECEIVING PHONE CALLS
Making a call
- Use your mobile phone to make a call as you normally would. Phone call audio will automatically stream through the BTFREQ
- When you are finished talking, press the Multi function button to hang up.
- To call the last number dialed you can press the Multifunction button.
Receiving a call
- Press the Multifunction button once to receive a call.
- Press the Multifunction button once to end the call.
Voice Assistant activation
Press and hold the Multifunction button for 3 seconds to activate your smart phone’s voice assistant.
Your BTFREQ includes a 2.1A USB charger to charge your phone while driving. Simply connect using a cable suitable for your device (not included).
The wireless remote can be used for many of the same functions as the controls on the BTFREQ (see page 2).
OPTIONAL AUX IN CONNECTION FOR NON-BLUETOOTH DEVICES
Mobile devices without Bluetooth can be connected to the BTFREQ through the AUX IN/OUT port using the included audio cable.
VOLUME LEVEL MATCHING
Press and hold the Forward or Back buttons during MP3 playback to adjust the BTFREQ volume to match other sources like your CD player, or FM radio.
This device complies with FCC Rules Part 15. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference, and
- This device must accept any interference that may be received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modification to this equipment. Such modification could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment
FCC ID: IKQBTFM
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s).
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference, and
- This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device. Under Industry Canada regulations, this radio transmitter may only operate using an antenna of a type and maximum (or lesser) gain approved for the transmitter by Industry Canada. To reduce potential radio interference to other users, the antenna type and its gain should be so chosen that the equivalent isotropically radiated power (e.i.r.p.) is not more than that necessary for successful communication. IC: 6955A-BTFM
Scosche Industries Inc. warrants this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 year from purchase.
This Scosche product is sold with the understanding that the purchaser has independently determined the suitability of this product.
This warranty is offered to the original purchaser of the product only.
This warranty does not cover the product if physically damaged, subject to negligence or misuse, abuse, alteration, accident, or an act of GOD.
This warranty does not apply to product which has water or physically damaged by accident or which has been misused, disassembled or altered.
The original dated sales slip or proof of purchase will establish warranty eligibility.
If the product should prove defective within the warranty period, return the product with proof of purchase to Scosche Industries Inc. Scosche, at its option, will replace or repair the product free of charge and return the product postage paid.
In no event shall Scosche Industries, Inc. be responsible for claims beyond the replacement value of the defective product, or in any way be liable or responsible for consequential or incidental damages.
No empress warranties and no implied warranties, whether for fitness or any particular use or otherwise, except as set forth above (which is made expressly in lieu of all other warranties) shall apply to products sold by Scosche.
Scosche Industries cannot be held responsible for discrepancies/ inconsistencies that may occur due to automotive manufacturing changes or option.
For All Australian Sales
This document details the terms and conditions of the warranty provided with this product. Please disregard any other representations contained on this product’s packaging or provided with this product which constitute or appear to constitute a warranty.
This warranty is offered by Scosche Industries, 1550 Pacific Ave, Oxnard, CA 93033 United States. We can be called on 1 (805) 486 4450 or emailed at email@example.com
Subject to the exclusions and limitations set out below, we warrant to you that if you purchase a product directly from us, or from any of our authorized resellers, that it will not contain defects which are a result of faulty manufacturer workmanship or materials. This warranty subsists for 1 year from the date of purchase.
Subject to any rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law, we will not be liable for defects which are a result of damage or loss caused by factors beyond our control, any product which has not been maintained according to any care or maintenance instructions provided with the product, any alterations to a product which are not performed by us, or damage or defects caused to the product due to unusual or non-recommended use. We will not be liable for any special, indirect, consequential or economic loss or damage or loss of profits whatsoever suffered by you or any other person resulting from any act or omission by us.
Our total liability in respect of this Warranty against Defects is limited to the replacement of the goods.
Any claim made under this warranty must be made by contacting Scosche Industries. Scosche will then put you in touch with the closest company to you that will cover warranties. All Returns of defective product will be sent at your expense, to be exchanged for a replacement.
This Warranty against Defects is provided in addition to other rights and remedies that you may have at law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to major failure.
Read More About This User Manuals…
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!