Thank you for purchasing this product (SWA-9100S).
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE THE COVER (OR BACK).
NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS ARE INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
Refer to the table below for an explanation of symbols that may be on your Samsung product.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK.
DO NOT OPEN.
This symbol indicates that high voltage is present inside. It is dangerous to make any kind of contact with any internal part of this product.
This symbol indicates that this product comes with important literature concerning operation and maintenance.
Class II product: This symbol indicates that a safety connection to electrical earth (ground) is not required.
If this symbol is not present on a product with a power cord, the product MUST have a reliable connection to protective earth (ground).
AC voltage: Rated voltage marked with this the symbol is AC voltage.
DC voltage: Rated voltage marked with this the symbol is DC voltage.
Caution. Consult Instructions for use: This symbol instructs the user to consult the user manual for further safety-related information.
- The slots and openings in the cabinet and in the back or bottom are provided for necessary ventilation. To ensure reliable operation of this apparatus, and to protect it from overheating, these slots and openings must never be blocked or covered.
– Do not place this apparatus in a confined space, such as a bookcase, or built-in cabinet, unless proper ventilation is provided.
– Do not place this apparatus near or over a radiator or heat register, or where it is exposed to direct sunlight.
– Do not place vessels (vases etc.) containing water on this apparatus.
A water spill can cause a fire or electric shock.
- Do not expose this apparatus to rain or place it near water (near a bathtub, washbowl, kitchen sink, or laundry tub, in a wet basement, or near a swimming pool, etc.). If this apparatus accidentally gets wet, unplug it and contact an authorized dealer immediately.
- Do not overload wall outlets, extension cords, or adaptors beyond their capacity, since this can result in fire or electric shock.
- Route power-supply cords so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed on or against them. Pay particular attention to cords at the plug end, at wall outlets, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- To protect this apparatus from a lightning storm, or when it is left unattended and unused for long periods of time, unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the antenna or cable system. This will prevent damage to the set due to lightning and power-line surges.
- Before connecting the AC power cord to the DC adaptor outlet, make sure the voltage designation of the DC adaptor corresponds to the local electrical supply.
- Never insert anything metallic into the open parts of this apparatus. Doing so may create a danger of electric shock.
- To avoid electric shock, never touch the inside of this apparatus.
Only a qualified technician should open this apparatus.
- Make sure to plug the power cord in until it is firmly seated.
When unplugging the power cord from a wall outlet, always pull on the power cord’s plug. Never unplug by pulling on the power cord. Do not touch the power cord with wet hands.
- If this apparatus does not operate normally – in particular, if there are any unusual sounds or smells coming from it – unplug it immediately and contact an authorized dealer or service center.
- Maintenance of Cabinet.
– Before connecting other components to this product, be sure to turn them off.
- Be sure to pull the power plug out of the outlet if the product is to remain unused or if you are leaving the house for an extended period of time (especially when children, elderly, or disabled people will be left alone in the house).
– Accumulated dust can cause an electric shock, an electric leakage, or a fire by causing the power cord to generate sparks and heat or the insulation to deteriorate.
- Contact an authorized service center for information if you intend to install your product in a location with heavy dust, high or low temperatures, high humidity, chemical substances, or where it will operate 24 hours a day such as in an airport, a train station, etc. Failing to do so may cause serious damage to your product.
- Use only a properly grounded plug and wall outlet.
– An improper ground may cause electric shock or equipment damage. (Class l Equipment only.)
- To turn this apparatus off completely, you must disconnect it from the wall outlet. Consequently, the wall outlet and power plug must be readily accessible at all times.
- Do not allow children to hang on the product.
- Store the accessories (battery, etc.) in a location safely out of the reach of children.
- Do not install the product in an unstable location such as a shaky self, a slanted floor, or a location exposed to vibration.
- Do not drop or strike the product. If the product is damaged, disconnect the power cord and contact a service center.
- To clean this apparatus, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet, and then wipe the product using a soft, dry cloth. Do not use any chemicals such as wax, benzene, alcohol, thinners, insecticide, air fresheners, lubricants, or detergent. These chemicals can damage the appearance of the product or erase
the printing on the product.
- Do not expose this apparatus to dripping or splashing. Do not put objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on the apparatus.
- Do not plug multiple electric devices into the same wall socket.
Overloading a socket can cause it to overheat, resulting in a fire.
- TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF FIRE, KEEP CANDLES AND OTHER ITEMS WITH OPEN FLAMES AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT AT ALL TIMES.
- This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this appliance to rain or moisture.
FCC NOTE (for the U.S.A):
FCC Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
Responsible Party – U.S. Contact Information:
Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
85 Challenger Road.
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
Phone: 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864)
FCC Compliance Statement :
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC Caution :
- Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
- This product satisfies FCC regulations when shielded cables and connectors are used to connect the unit to other equipment.
To prevent electromagnetic interference with electric appliances, such as radios and televisions, use shielded cables and connectors for connections.
Class B FCC Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one of the following measures:
- Reorienting or relocating the receiving antenna.
- Increasing the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connecting the equipment to an outlet that is on a different circuit than the radio or TV.
- Consulting the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement :
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated so there is at least 8 inches (20 cm) between the radiator and your body. This device and its antenna(s) must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
CALIFORNIA USA ONLY (Applicable for networking models only.)
This Perchlorate warning applies only to primary CR(Manganese Dioxide) Lithium coin cells in the product sold or distributed ONLY in California USA “Perchlorate Material special handling may apply, See www.dtsc.ca.gov/hazardouswaste/perchlorate.”
Dispose of unwanted electronics through an approved recycler. To find the nearest recycling location, go to our website: www.samsung.com/recycling Or call, 1‐800‐SAMSUNG
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Important Safety Instructions
Read these operating instructions carefully before using the unit. Follow all the safety instructions listed below. Keep these operating instructions handy for future reference.
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these Instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not block any ventilation openings.
Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for the replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate
normally, or has been dropped.
- Ensure that the AC or DC power supply in your house complies with the power requirements listed on the identification sticker located on the back of your product. Install your product horizontally, on a suitable base (furniture), with enough space around it for ventilation (3~4 inches).
Make sure the ventilation slots are not covered. Do not place the unit on amplifiers or other equipment which may become hot. This unit is designed for continuous use. To fully turn off the unit, disconnect the AC plug from the wall outlet.
- Do not expose the unit to direct sunlight or other heat sources. This could lead to overheating and cause the unit to malfunction.
- Unplug the Power cord from the AC wall socket if the unit malfunctions. Your product is not intended for industrial use. It is for personal use only. Condensation may occur if your product has been stored in cold temperatures. If transporting the unit during the winter, wait approximately 2 hours until the unit has reached room temperature before using it.
- If the electricity supplied to your home is rated at 240V AC, use a suitable plug adapter to connect this unit to your electrical outlets.
CHECKING THE COMPONENTS
Wireless Receiver Module / Surround Speaker X 2 / Speaker Cable X 2 (AH81-02137A) / Power Cord (3903-001117)
- For more information about the power supply and power consumption, refer to the label attached to the product. (Label: Rear of the Main Unit)
- Design and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
CONNECTING THE SWA-9100S TO A SOUNDBAR
- Connect the Wireless Receiver Module to 2 Surround Speakers
Use the speaker cables to connect the two surround sound speakers to the Wireless Receiver Module.
- When connecting the speaker cable, connect the core wire to the speaker.
- The speaker cables are color-coded.
- When connecting the speaker cables to the Wireless Receiver Module, follow these steps:
- Insert the grey plug into the grey jack on the Wireless Receiver.
- Insert the blue plug into the blue jack on the Wireless Receiver.
- When connecting the speaker cables to the surround speakers, follow these steps:
- Match the speaker cable connected to the grey jack to the speaker with the grey label.
- Match the speaker cable connected to the blue jack to the speaker with the blue label.
- Insert the red and black colored ends of each speaker cable into the red and blackjacks of the appropriate speaker.
- The labels are on the backs of the speakers.
- Check the standby status after plugging into an electrical outlet
Plug the Wireless Receiver Module power cord into an electrical outlet and into the Wireless Receiver Module to turn on the Wireless Receiver Module. The LINK LED indicator (blue LED) on the Wireless Receiver Module blinks. If the LED does not blink, refer to step 6.
- Turn off the Soundbar
Turn off the Soundbar using the Soundbar’s remote control or by pressing the(Power) button on the main Soundbar unit.
- The image of the Soundbar may differ from your Soundbar, depending on the model.
- Configure “ID SET” using the Soundbar’s remote control
Press the Up button on the Soundbar remote control for 5 seconds.
- The ID SET message appears on the Soundbar main unit’s display for a short time and then
- After the ID SET process, the Soundbar power is automatically turned on.
- The image of the Soundbar may differ from your Soundbar, depending on the model.
- Check if the LINK LED is solid blue (connection complete)
The LINK LED indicator stops blinking and glows a solid blue when a connection is established between the Soundbar and the Wireless Receiver Module.
- If the SWA-9100S does not connect, take the necessary steps according to the LED Indicator’s status
LINK (Blue) On : Connected with the Soundbar.
LINK (Blue) Blinking: Connection standby status.
- Check if the Soundbar is turned
- Repeat steps 3 through 5.
STANDBY (Red) On Connection failure.
- Check if the Soundbar is turned
- 1. Press the ID SET button on the back of the Wireless Receiver Module with a pen tip for 5-6 seconds until the LINK LED indicator blinks (in Blue).
2. Repeat steps 3 through 5.
- Contact a Samsung Service Center.
- Compatible with select Samsung Soundbar. Please visit the Soundbar product page at www.samsung.com/support for more information.
- The compatible model list is subject to change without further notice.
OPEN SOURCE LICENSE NOTICE
To send inquiries and requests for questions regarding open sources, contact Samsung Open Source (http://opensource.samsung.com)
SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDE
Wireless Receiver Module
1.5 lbs (0.7 kg)Surround Speaker
1.3 lbs (0.6 kg)
|Dimensions (W x H x D)
Wireless Receiver Module
2.0 x 7.9 x 5.2 inches
(50.0 x 201.3 x 132.0 mm)Surround Speaker
3.4x 5.8 x 3.4 inches
(87.5 X 147.0 X 87.5 mm)
|Operating Temperature Range
+41°F to +95°F (+5°C to +35°C)
|Operating Humidity Range
10 % ~ 75 %
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd reserves the right to change the specifications without notice.
- Weight and dimensions are approximate.
LIMITED WARRANTY TO ORIGINAL PURCHASER
This SAMSUNG brand product, as supplied and distributed by SAMSUNG and delivered new, in the original carton to the original consumer purchaser is warranted by SAMSUNG against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for a limited warranty period of:
One (1) Year Parts and Labor*
(*90 Days Parts and Labor for Commercial Use)
This limited warranty begins on the original date of purchase and is valid only on products purchased and used in the United States. To receive warranty service, the purchaser must contact SAMSUNG for problem determination and service procedures. Warranty service can only be performed by a SAMSUNG authorized service center. The original
dated bill of sale must be presented upon request as proof of purchase to SAMSUNG or SAMSUNG’s authorized service center. Transportation of the product to and from the service center is the responsibility of the purchaser. SAMSUNG will repair or replace this product, at our option and at no charge as stipulated herein, with new or reconditioned parts or products if found to be defective during the limited warranty period specified above. All replaced parts and products become the property of SAMSUNG and must be returned to SAMSUNG. Replacement parts and products assume the remaining original warranty, or ninety (90) days, whichever is longer.
SAMSUNG’s obligations with respect to software products distributed by SAMSUNG under the SAMSUNG brand name are set forth in the applicable end user license agreement. Non-SAMSUNG hardware and software products, if provided, are on an “AS IS” basis.
Non-SAMSUNG manufacturers, suppliers, publishers, and service providers may provide their own warranties. This limited warranty covers manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship encountered in normal, and except to the extent otherwise expressly provided for in this statement, noncommercial use of this product, and shall not apply to the following, including, but not limited to: damage which occurs in shipment; delivery and installation; applications and uses for which this product was not intended; altered product or serial numbers; cosmetic damage or exterior finish; accidents, abuse, neglect, fire, water, lightning or other acts of nature; use of products, equipment, systems, utilities, services, parts, supplies, accessories, applications, installations, repairs, external wiring or connectors not supplied and authorized by SAMSUNG, or which damage this product or result in service problems; incorrect electrical line voltage, fl uctuations, and surges; customer adjustments and failure to follow operating instructions, cleaning, maintenance, and environmental instructions that are covered and prescribed in the instruction book; product removal or reinstallation; reception problems and distortion related to noise, echo, interference, or other signal transmission and delivery problems. SAMSUNG does not warrant the uninterrupted or error-free operation of the product.
THERE ARE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED AND DESCRIBED ABOVE, AND NO WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL APPLY AFTER THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PERIODS STATED ABOVE, AND NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR GUARANTY GIVEN BY ANY PERSON, FIRM OR CORPORATION WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT SHALL BE BINDING ON SAMSUNG. SAMSUNG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, FAILURE TO REALIZE SAVINGS OR OTHER BENEFITS, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, AND EVEN IF SAMSUNG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOR SHALL RECOVERY OF ANY KIND AGAINST SAMSUNG BE GREATER IN AMOUNT THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT SOLD BY SAMSUNG AND CAUSING THE ALLEGED DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PURCHASER ASSUMES ALL RISK AND LIABILITY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY TO PURCHASER AND PURCHASER’S PROPERTY AND TO OTHERS AND THEIR PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT SOLD BY SAMSUNG NOT CAUSED DIRECTLY BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF SAMSUNG. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT EXTEND TO ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THIS PRODUCT, IS NONTRANSFERABLE, AND STATES YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
To obtain warranty service, please contact SAMSUNG customer care center.
The benefits of this Limited Warranty extend only to the original purchaser of Samsung products from an authorized Samsung reseller.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM UNAUTHORIZED RESELLERS OR RETAILERS, EXCEPT IN STATES WHERE SUCH RESTRICTION MAY BE PROHIBITED.
For a list of Samsung authorized retailers, please go to: http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/authorized_resellers.html.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
|Country||Samsung Service Center||Web Site||Address|
|IN THE US||1-800-SAMSUNG
|www.samsung.com/us/support||Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
85 Challenger Road Ridgeﬁ eld Park, NJ 07660
© 2021 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
Documents / Resources
|SAMSUNG SAMSUNG 9100S Rear Speaker Kit SWA-9100S [pdf] User Manual|
SAMSUNG, SWA-9100S, 9100S Series, Rear Speaker Kit, SWA-9100S