SAMSUNG Galaxy A02s User Manual
About your phone
NOTE: Devices and software are constantly evolving—the screen images and icon you see here are for reference only.
Setting up your phone
For optimal functionality of your new device, please use the pre-installed SIM card.
Optional: Insert a microSD™ card (sold separately).
If you have a microSD card, open the SIM/microSD card tray and insert the card into the tray with the gold contacts facing down.
Step 1. Charging your phone
Before turning on your phone, charge it fully.
Insert the small end of the USB cable into the phone. Insert the larger end into the charger and plug it into an outlet.
WARNING: Use only charging devices and batteries that are approved by Samsung. Samsung accessories are designed for your device to maximize battery life. Using other accessories may void your warranty and may cause damage.
Step 2. Turning your phone on/off
To turn your phone on, press and hold the Side key.
NOTE: The first time you turn on your phone, you will need to activate it. See the Activate your phone guide included in the box.
To turn your phone off, press and hold the Side key and follow the onscreen instructions.
Locking/unlocking your screen
To turn on your screen, press the Side key. Then swipe up on the screen to unlock it.
To turn off your screen and prevent accidental key presses, press the Side key.
Using your phone
Touch screen tips
Use touch gestures to move around the screen, open menus, select items, zoom in and out of web pages and more.
There are several touch gestures recognized by your phone:
- Swipe—Swipe by quickly sliding your finger in any direction.
- Drag—Drag by touching an item and moving it to a new position.
- Double tap—Double tap to zoom in/out on a web page or picture.
- Multi-touch—Pinch or spread your thumb and index finger to zoom in or out.
Customize the Home screen layout and features.
- From the Home screen, swipe up for Apps > Settings > Display
Verizon Cloud offers secure online storage to back up your contacts and sync them with your other cloud-connected devices.
To learn more, go to vzw.com/cloud
Making a call
- From the Home screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Enter the number you want to call, or the first letters of the contact’sname and select the contact.
- Tap the Call icon to place the call.
Receiving a call
- Drag to answer an incoming call.
- Drag to reject and route the call to your voicemail.
- Tap to end a call.
Setting up voice mail
- Dial *86 .
- When you hear a greeting, press # to interrupt.
- Follow the setup instructions.
Checking voice mail
From your phone:
- Dial *86 .
- Follow the instructions.
From other phones:
- Dial your wireless number.
- When you hear the greeting, press # to interrupt.
- Follow the instructions
NOTE: Voice mailboxes not set up within 45 days will be canceled. Your voice mailbox is not password protected until you create a password by following the setup tutorial. Voice mail may not be available in some areas. Follow the setup instructions to password protect your Verizon voice mailbox. Verizon Wireless is not responsible for missed messages or deletions of messages from your voice mailbox, even if you have saved them.
Services and features
- Domestic Long Distance
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- 3-Way Calling
- Call Forwarding
- From the Home screen, tap Messages > Compose.
- Enter the recipient name or number and tap the entry to add.
- Tap Enter message and enter your message or touch and hold to record an audio message.
- Tap to add an image from the Gallery, capture an image or record a video.
- Tap to add an attachment.
- Tap to send your message.
For pricing details please visit verizonwireless.com/prepaid.
Apps and more
Play it up with music, ringtones, wallpapers, apps and games. Keep up with Twitter™ and Facebook. We’ve got apps that help you do it all. Data charges may apply.
- Download apps from Galaxy Store or Google Play Store.
- For more information about Google Play Store, visi play.google.com/store/apps.
- For more information about Galaxy Apps, visit samsung.com/us/apps/galaxy-store/
From the home screen, tap Chrome.
Keep in touch with family or friends while at home and abroad with our Prepaid International plans.
Take your domestic talk, text and data allowances with you for a low daily rate. You’re only charged on the days you use your wireless plan abroad.
For additional details, including rates, visit vzw.com/prepaidglobal.
Location based services
This phone can determine its location, which is useful for services such as navigation, shopping and weather. For your safety, it’s defaulted to acquire your location only when you dial 911. To use Location based services, from the home screen, swipe up, and tap Settings Location and then tap the ON/OFF switch to turn it on.
Support and more
The Help app gives you tips, videos and other information on how to use your phone, including:
- Taking photos
- Accessibility settings
- From your computer, visit verizonwireless.com/support.
- Customer service
- Call 800.922.0204
- Twitter @VZWSupport
- Download a User Guide from verizonwireless.com/support.
Important customer information
Device recycling program
For information visit verizonwireless.com/device-recycle.
If you’re having a problem with your wireless device, just contact Verizon toll-free at 866.406.5154 from another phone.
Using Real-time text (RTT) or TTY
Real-time text (RTT) is a feature that can make it easier for customers to carry on a live conversation through text (or text and simultaneous voice) during a call, with each text character transmitted immediately as it is typed. Unlike TTY, there’s no need for a separate device. The person you are calling must have either RTT or TTY enabled on their device for the text capability to work. If your device instead uses TTY (Text Telephony) and TDD (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf) technology that allows similar text-based communications by telephone, you must have a TTY-compatible phone and be in the TTY mode to place or receive calls.
For additional information, visit the Verizon Accessibility Resource Center at verizon.com/accessibility.
Hearing aid compatibility information
This phone has been tested and rated for use with hearing aids for some of the wireless technologies that it uses. However, there may be some newer wireless technologies used in this phone that have not been tested yet for use with hearing aids. It is important to try the different features of this phone thoroughly and in different locations, using your hearing aid or cochlear implant, to determine if you hear any interfering noise. Consult your service provider or the manufacturer of this phone for information on hearing aid compatibility. If you have questions about return or exchange policies, consult your service provider or phone retailer.
Documents / Resources
|SAMSUNG Galaxy A02s [pdf] User Manual|
SAMSUNG, Galaxy A02s, Smartphone