RYOBI 18 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
To register your RYOBI™ product, please visit: http://register.ryobitools.com
Use this battery pack for RYOBI™ ONE+™ 18V cordless products only. Refer to the Operator’s Manual provided with product. Always mention the model number above when communicating with us regarding this battery pack.
READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INSTRUCTIONS. Failure to follow all instructions listed below, may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious personal injury.
- Battery tools do not have to be plugged into an electrical outlet; therefore, they are always in operating condition. Be aware of possible hazards when not using your battery tool or when changing accessories. Following this rule will reduce the risk of electric shock, fire, or serious personal injury.
- Do not place battery tools or their batteries near fire or heat. This will reduce the risk of explosion and possibly injury.
- Do not crush, drop or damage battery pack. Do not use a battery pack or charger that has been dropped or received a sharp blow. A damaged battery is subject to explosion. Properly dispose of a dropped or damaged battery immediately.
- Batteries can explode in the presence of a source of ignition, such as a pilot light. To reduce the risk of serious personal injury, never use any cordless product in the presence of open flame. An exploded battery can propel debris and chemicals. If exposed, flush with water immediately.
- Do not charge battery tool in a damp or wet location. Following this rule will reduce the risk of electric shock.
- Charge only with RYOBI™ ONE+™ 18V dual-chemistry battery chargers. Use of other chargers may result in personal injury, fire, or damage.
- Do not charge in an area of extreme heat or cold. It will work best at normal room temperature. To reduce the risk of serious personal injury, do not store outside or in vehicles.
- Under extreme usage or temperature conditions, battery leakage may occur. If liquid comes in contact with your skin, wash immediately with soap and water. If liquid gets into your eyes, flush them with clean water for at least 10 minutes, then seek immediate medical attention. Following this rule will reduce the risk of serious personal injury.
- When battery pack is not in use, keep it away from other metal objects like: paper clips, coins, keys, nails, screws, or other small metal objects that can make a connection from one terminal to another. Shorting the battery terminals together may cause sparks, burns, or a fire.
- Always remove battery pack from your tool when you are assembling parts, making adjustments, cleaning, or when not in use. Removing battery pack will prevent accidental starting that could cause serious personal injury.
- Always remove battery pack before storing the device.
- Always wear eye protection with side shields marked to comply with ANSI Z87.1. Failure to do so could result in objects being thrown into your eyes and other possible serious injuries.
- Keep battery pack dry, clean, and free from oil and grease. Always use a clean cloth when cleaning. Never use brake fluids, gasoline, petroleum-based products, or any solvents to clean battery pack.
- Do not use a battery pack that is damaged or modified. Damaged or modified batteries may exhibit unpredictable behavior resulting in fire, explosion or risk of injury.
- Do not modify or attempt to repair a battery pack that has been damaged.
- Do not expose a battery pack or appliance to fire or excessive temperature. Exposure to fire or temperature above 265°F (130°C) may cause explosion.
- Have servicing performed by a qualified repair person using only identical replacement parts. This will ensure that the safety of the product is maintained.
- Save these instructions. Refer to them frequently and use them to instruct others who may use this tool. If you loan someone this tool, loan them these instructions also.
LITHIUM-ION BATTERY PACKS
Lithium-ion batteries deliver fade free power for their entire run time. Lithium-ion tools will not gradually lose power due to decreasing battery charge. Instead, power from the battery pack will drop from full to zero once the full charge has been drained from the battery. Once this happens, recharging of the battery is required. It is not necessary to drain the battery pack completely before recharging.
BATTERY PROTECTION FEATURES
Lithium-ion battery packs are designed with features that protect the lithium-ion cells and maximize battery life.
If the tool stops during use, release the trigger to reset and resume operation. If the tool still does not work, the battery needs to be recharged.
COLD WEATHER OPERATION
The lithium-ion battery pack can be used in temperatures down to 14°F. Put the battery pack on a tool and use the tool in a light duty application. After about a minute, the pack will warm up
and begin operating normally.
BATTERY FUEL GAUGE
To display the amount of charge left in the battery, press the charge level indicator button:
CHARGING THE BATTERY PACK
Battery packs are shipped in a low charge condition to prevent possible problems. Therefore, you should charge prior to first use. If the charger does not charge the battery pack under
normal circumstances, return both the battery pack and charger to your nearest Authorized Service Center for electrical check.
- Charge the battery pack only with the recommended charger.
- Refer to charger operator’s manual for charging instructions.
CHARGING A HOT BATTERY PACK
When using a tool continuously, the battery pack may become hot. A hot battery pack may be placed directly onto the charger port but charging will not begin until the battery temperature cools to within acceptable temperature range. When a hot battery pack is placed on the charger, the charger may indicate the pack is not ready to charge. Please refer to charger operator’s manual.
When the battery pack cools, the charger will automatically begin charging.
CHARGING A COLD BATTERY PACK
A cold battery pack may be placed directly onto the charger port but charging will not begin until the battery temperature warms to within acceptable temperature range. When a cold battery pack is placed on the charger, the charger may indicate the pack is not ready to charge. Please refer to charger operator’s manual.
When the battery pack warms, the charger will automatically begin charging.
These batteries have been designed to provide maximum trouble-free life. However, like all batteries, they will eventually wear out. Do not disassemble battery pack and attempt to replace the batteries. Handling of these batteries, especially when wearing rings and jewelry, could result in a serious burn.
For battery pack storage longer than 30 days:
- Store the battery pack where the temperature is below 80°F and away from moisture.
- Store battery packs in a 30%-50% charged condition.
- Every six months of storage, charge the pack as normal.
BATTERY PACK REMOVAL AND PREPARATION FOR RECYCLING
To preserve natural resources, please recycle or dispose of batteries properly.
This product contains lithium-ion batteries. Local, state or federal laws may prohibit disposal of lithium-ion batteries in ordinary trash.
Consult your local waste authority for information regarding available recycling and/or disposal options.
Upon removal, cover the battery pack’s terminals with heavy-duty adhesive tape. Do not attempt to destroy or disassemble battery pack or remove any of its components.
Batteries must be recycled or disposed of properly. Also, never touch both terminals with metal objects and/or body parts as short circuit may result. Keep away from children.
Failure to comply with these warnings could result in fire and/or serious injury.
ONE WORLD TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
P.O. Box 1288, Anderson, SC 29622 • Phone 1-800-525-2579
États-Unis, Téléphone 1-800-525-2579 • USA, Teléfono 1-800-525-2579
Documents / Resources
|RYOBI 18 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery Pack [pdf] User Manual|
18 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, PBP005, PBP006
|RYOBI 18 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery Pack [pdf] Owner's Manual|
RYOBI, 18 Volt, Lithium-Ion, Battery Pack, PBP004, PBP007