Royal Sovereign HCE-220 Digital Ceramic Tower Heater
Thank you for purchasing the Royal Sovereign Digital Ceramic Tower Heater, HCE-220.This manual will provide you with safetyinformation, instructions for optimal use, and proper care and maintenance for your product. Please read this manual carefully beforeoperating.
Royal Sovereign International,Inc.
Please read and retain these instructions. For more information, please go towww.royalsovereign.com
Read & Fully Understand This Owner’s Manual Before Using ThisMachine.
When using this appliancefollow these safety precautions to reduce risk of fire, electricshock, or injury.
Check to ensure that the electrical service being used is adequate for your model. The electrical rating of your new heater is defined on the serial sticker on the unit. Please refer to the rating when checking electrical requirements to ensure they meet the electrical codes of your location.
- Do not use this appliance if it malfunctions or is dropped or damaged in any manner.
- Do not use outdoors. Do not place on or near a hot gas, electric burner, a microwave, or a heated oven.
- Do not place the cord, plug, or appliance in water or other liquids.
- The wrong use conflicting with the safeguards voids the customer of the right for warranty service.
- Do not modify any part of this product.
- Do not insert any objects into the product or block the airflow in any way.
- Ensure that the power supply you use has an appropriate voltage rating.
- If the electrical outlet you intend to use is not adequately grounded or protected by a time delay fuse or circuit breaker, you should have a qualified electrician install the proper outlet.
- Do not use this unit with any extension cords or adapter plugs.
- Do not use this product through other special programs, timers, or other devices.
- If the cord or plug is damaged in any way, please call the Royal Sovereign Service Department.
- Turn the unit off and unplug before cleaning the heater or when the heater will not be used for an extended time period.
- When overheating should occur the built-in overheating safety device will shut the appliance off.
- Do not block air outlets with any obstacles.
- Do not insert any objects into the heater.
- Do not let water on the housing or control panel.
- Do not place heavy items or sit on the heater.
- Never pull or damage the power cord in any way.
- Don’t let your children use the appliance.
- The repair of the appliance must be performed by a professional. Mistakes in repair are dangerous and can bring great hazard to the user.
- ON/OFF Switch
- Power Cable
- LED Display
- Remote Controller
Using the Heater
- Use the ON/OFF switch on the rear of the heater to power the unit into standby mode.
- Press the “POWER” button and the heater will switch out of standby mode. The LED display will show the room temperature. The heater will begin to heat up to the preset temperature of 77°F.
NOTE: If the room temperature is 2°F higher than the preset temperature, then only the fan will operate. The heater will switch back on again once the room temperature drops 2°to 3°F.
- If the heater is not operated for 3 seconds, the LED display will show the room temperature.
- The heater will cycle on and off to maintain the preset temperature. This is not a fault with the appliance.
- To set the heating power, or to use the fan-only mode, press the “MODE” button to cycle through low heat, high heat, or fan-only settings.
- To set the temperature, press the“TEMP” button to increase to the desired temperature. The LED display will show the set temperature for 3 seconds.
- Once the room reaches the set temperature, the heater will cycle on and off to maintain this temperature.
- To set the timer, press the “TIMER” button until the desired time has been reached. The LED display will show for up to 3 seconds, then revert to displaying the room temperature.
Using the Remote
NOTE: Before first use, pull away the small plastic tab located on the bottom of the remote to activate the battery.
The remote has six functions:
The functions are non-effective when the heater is in standby mode, except for the power button.
- POWER -To power the unit ON/OFF
• This will only work when the ON/OFF switch is in the on position.
• When the heater is powered off, the fan will run for approximately 60 seconds before powering off completely.
- OSCILLATION -Switches the oscillating function on or off.
- MODE -Changes the power settings:
• Fan-only, Low power: 750W, High power: 1500W
- TIMER -Allows you to set the length of operation for up to 9 hours for automatic shut off.
• Pressing the “TIMER” button increases the length of operation by 1 hour each time the button is pressed.
• Once the timer has been set, it will count down the hours in 1-hour intervals. When the timer reaches zero, the heater will automatically shut off and enter standby mode.
• Pressing the “TIMER” button once more when the display shows 9 hours will reset the heater to run continuously.
- °C/°F -Switches the display temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit.
- TEMP -Increases the temperature in 1°F increments. (59-95°F range)
• When increasing the temperature using the “TEMP”button, press the button repeatedly rather than holding your finger over it for a prolonged period. After 95°F, the temperature will reset to 59°F.
- This heater includes an overheat protection switch (thermal cut-out) which will power off the appliance automatically in case of overheating. Should this occur, unplug the appliance and allow to fully cool for approximately 30 minutes.
- Follow the operation instructions to restart the appliance after removing the source of the overheating (poor ventilation, item covering the heater, etc.). Once this is done, the heater should function normally. Should the problem persist, please contact Royal Sovereign Customer Service.
- To avoid damage and to regulate the temperature, this heater includes a thermostatic safety device. The safety device will activate and cut out the power to the heater once a certain temperature is reached. The heater will start again once the temperature has lowered.
- The heater also includes a safety tip over switch that will cut off the power to the heater if it is knocked over. Should this happen, disconnect from the main power and allow to cool fully before attempting to move the heater back into the upright position. Inspect the heater for damage, and if the heater is free from damage, plug back into the main power supply. Once this is done, the heater should function normally.
- Turn off the heater. Switch the ON/OFF switch into the OFF position and disconnect from the power socket.
- Wait for the heater to be completely cool before cleaning.
- Clean the air vents and grilles to remove dust from these areas.
- To remove dust on external surfaces, wipe the heater with a damp (not wet) lint-free cloth rinsed in hot soapy water.
- DO NOT use any harsh detergents or abrasive cleaners.
- DO NOT spray with any liquids or submerge in liquid or water.
- DO NOT attempt to clean the interior of the heater. DO NOT attempt to open the casing at any time. There are no user-serviceable parts.
- Remove the filter and clean regularly. To remove the filter, locate the 3 small screws on the rear of the heater, remove the filter cover and filter, then rinse the filter using clean water. Leave to dry completely before replacing.
- Ensure the filter is completely dry before returning it into the heater. Failure to follow this instruction could damage the product, invalidating the warranty.
- Store the heater carefully in a dust-free area during the offseason.
- It is ideal to store the heater in the box in which it was supplied.
- Neatly wind the cord of the heater to prevent damage.
NOTE: For all replacements and repairs that need to be made, contact Royal Sovereign Customer Service at +1)800-397-1025
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Royal Sovereign International, Inc. warranties this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year. This warranty is extended to the original purchaseronly.
This warranty only covers products that are properly installed, properly maintained, and properly operated in accordance with the instructions provided. This limited warranty does not cover any failures or operating difficulties due to normal wear and tear, accident, abuse, misuse, alteration, misapplication, improper installation, or improper maintenance and service by you or any thirdparty.
Returned product will not be accepted without a Return Authorization number. To request a Return Authorization number, please visit us at www.royalsovereign.com. All transportation costs for the return of damaged product or parts will be the responsibility of the purchaser. Return defective product, in original packaging, to the addressbelow.
Royal Sovereign International, Inc. requires reasonable proof of your date of purchase from an authorized retailer or distributor. Therefore, you should keep your receipt, invoice, or canceled check from the original purchase. The limited warranty shall be limited to the repair or
replacement of parts which prove defective under normal use and service within the warranty period.
Royal Sovereign International, Inc. (and its affiliated companies) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER TO PURCHASER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR ORCONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above exclusion and limitations may not apply to you.
ROYAL SOVEREIGN INTERNATIONAL,INC.
2 Volvo Dr., Rockleigh, NJ 07647 USA
RS INTERNATIONAL CANADA INC.
191 Superior Blvd, Mississauga Ontario L5T 2L6 CANADA
TEL : +1) 905-461-1095 TF # : +1) 866-961-6673
FAX : +1) 905-461-1096
For product support and warranty questions, please visit us at www.royalsovereign.com/customer-support.html
Read More About This Manual & Download PDF:
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!