Rowenta VU6140 Classic Tower
Before using the appliance make sure you read the directions for use as well as the EN safety instructions carefully.
You must read these directions carefully and always follow the advice given below:
- For your safety, this appliance meets applicable standards and regulations (Low Voltage Directives, Electro-magnetic Compatibility, Environment…).
This appliance is not intended to be used by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capacities or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they are supervised or have been given instructions beforehand concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
This appliance may be used by children aged 8 and above and by people with reduced physical, sensory or mental capacities or lack of experience and knowledge, if they are supervised and have been shown how to use the appliance safely and understand the risks involved. Children must not be allowed to play around with the appliance. The appliance should not be cleaned and serviced by children unless they are over 8 years of age and supervised. Keep the appliance and its power lead out of the reach of any children who are under 8 years of age.
- Before using the appliance always check that there is nothing wrong with the general condition of the appliance, its plug and its power lead.
- This appliance is intended for domestic use only. It should therefore not be used for any industrial applications.
- Do not operate your appliance in any room where there is lots of dust or a fire risk.
- Never insert any objects inside the appliance (e.g.: needles…)
- Never pull on the power lead or the appliance itself, even to unplug the power plug from the wall socket.
- Always unwind the power lead completely before using the appliance.
- The guarantee will cease to apply in the event of any damage caused by incorrect use of the appliance.
- If the power lead is damaged, it must be replaced either by the manufacturer, its after-sales department or a similarly qualified person so as to avoid any danger.
- NEVER ALLOW WATER TO GET INSIDE THE APPLIANCE.
- NEVER TOUCH THE APPLIANCE IF YOUR HANDS ARE WET.
- Always keep the appliance 50cm away from any object (walls, curtains, aerosols…)
- Before operating your appliance always make sure that it:
has been fully assembled as indicated in the assembly instructions, has been placed on a stable surface, is in its normal operating position (on its legs).
Before using your appliance for the first time, please check that the voltage of your mains installation is the same as that shown on the appliance and that your mains supply is suitable for the power shown on the appliance.
Your appliance can function with a non-earthed power socket.
Your appliance is a class II appliance (double electrical insulation ).
ASSEMBLY – INSTALLATION
Your appliance comes unassembled. For your safety, it is very important to assemble it correctly before using it for the first time.
Please refer to diagrams 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
The installation of the appliance and its use must nevertheless be compliant with the current standards in your country.
OPERATING MOD. VU6140
IMPORTANT: When not using your appliance, we recommend you unplug it.
- Button A
If you want to operate the appliance in a CONTINUOUS MODE, turn ‘Button A’ so that it is facing the ‘ON’ position.
If you want to operate the appliance WITH THE TIMER, turn ‘Button A’ so that it is opposite the chosen length of time (0- 120 min). Once the set time has elapsed, your appliance will turn off automatically.
Turn ‘Button A’ to the ‘OFF’ position in order to turn off your appliance.
- Button B
By simply turning ‘Button B’ to the right , , you can select the required position:
Position 1 : Minimum ventilation
Position 2 : Medium ventilation
Position 3 : Maximum ventilation
By simply turning ‘Button B’ to the left, you can select the required position:
Position 1 : Minimum ventilation with oscillation function
Position 2 : Medium ventilation with oscillation function
Position 3 : Maximum ventilation with oscillation function
OPERATING MOD. VU6140
|Model reference : VU6140 (230V 50Hz)|
|Maximum fan flow rate||F||4,83||m3/min|
|Fan power input||P||32||W|
|Standby power consumption||P SB||0||W|
|Fan sound power level||L WA||59||dB(A)|
|Maximum air velocity*||c||1,54||meters/sec|
|Measurement standard for service value||ANSI/AMCA Standard 210|
|ROWENTA FRANCE S.A.S. – Chemin du Virolet – BP 815 – 27200 VERNON Phone 33 (0)2 32 64 65 66 –|
*method used: measuring the speed at 1m of the wheel axis.
SERVICING YOUR APPLIANCE
Always unplug your appliance before carrying out any servicing.
You may clean your appliance with a slightly damp rag.
IMPORTANT: never use abrasive products which might damage the appliance’s lining.
When the appliance is not use, it should be stored in a place well away from any dampness.
IN THE EVENT OF A PROBLEM
If your appliance experiences a malfunction or gets damaged, please contact any Approved Service Centre in our network.
Never dismantle the appliance yourself. An incorrectly repaired appliance can be dangerous for the user.
HELP US TO LOOK AFTER THE ENVIRONMENT!
- Your appliance contains many materials which can be recovered or recycled.
- Please take it to a collection point or failing this to an approved service centre so that it can be processed.
Documents / Resources
|Rowenta VU6140 Classic Tower [pdf] Instruction Manual|
VU6140 Classic Tower, VU6140, Classic Tower, Tower