RossMax Infrared Ear Thermometer
Please read the instruction manual carefully before using the product and be sure to keep this manual
RA600 Infrared Ear Thermometer
The Rossmax Infrared Ear thermometer has been carefully developed for accurate, safe and fast temperature measurements in the ear.
It is a non-invasive ear thermometer using an infrared detector to detect body temperature from the auditory canal for adult and child.
- The quality of the infrared ear thermometer has been verified and conforms to the provisions of the EC council directive 93/42/EEC(Medical Device Directive) Annex I essential requirements and applied harmonized standards. EN 12470-5: 2003 Clinical thermometers-Part 5: Performance of infrared ear thermometers (with maximum device.)
- This thermometer converts the ear temperature to display its “oral equivalent.” (according to the result of the clinical evaluation)
- It means measurable and reminds to use a probe cover for measurement.
- When battery icon always appears, please replace the battery.
How to use the RA600 Infrared Ear Thermometer
- To achieve accurate readings, make sure a new, clean probe cover is in place before each measurement and the ear canal is clean.
a. Install the probe cover by clockwise rotating then fix it.
b. Remove the probe cover by anti-clockwise rotating then releasing it.
- Press the POWER BUTTON “On/Off/Memory” button, the thermometer is ready
for use after the ear icon is flashing, two beeps are sounded, and three dash segments are appeared.
- Gently pull the ear back to straighten the ear canal and snugly position the probe into the ear canal, aiming towards the membrane of the eardrum to obtain an accurate reading.
a. Before measurement, correct installation of the probe cover ensures accurate measurement.
b. Replace the probe cover after each use to ensure an accurate reading and avoid cross contamination.
c. This thermometer must only be used with rossmax probe covers, other covers can lead to inaccuracy. If running out of probe covers, please contact with the original seller or distributor for buying new probe covers.
4. Measuring the ear temperature: Use the index finger to trigger, by pressing “Start” button, a long beep will be sounded when measurement is done.
5. For the next measurement, remove the used probe cover and put on a new one.
6. Power off: If left idle for more than 1 minute, device will automatically shut off for extending battery life. Or press POWER BUTTON“On/Off/Memory” button for at least 3 seconds to turn the device off.
7. Fever alarm: When the measuring temperature is higher than 37.5 °C(93.2°F), the reading will flash, the backlight will be enabled, and 4 short beeps will be sounded. If measuring temperature is higher than 42.2 °C(108°F), the display will show “Hi”, the backlight will be enabled, and 4 short beeps will be sounded.
a. It is recommended that you measure 3 times with the same ear within a short period of time. If the 3 consecutive measurements are different, select the highest temperature.
b. To avoid the risk of cross contamination, please clean the probe according to “Clean and Storage“ section after each use.
If you continuously obtain different measurement results, it is recommended that you use Scanning Mode to measure.
Measuring the ear temperature: Use the index finger to trigger, press and hold the “Start” button for 3 seconds to take measurement. During the measuring process, gently pivoting the probe side-to-side to view the entire ear canal or in order to find the highest temperature. Release the “Start” button until hearing a long beep sound and the measurement is completed.
Enabling or disabling the beep sound
- Turn off the device.
- Hold down the “Start” button, then press and hold the“ON/OFF/ Memory” button until the LCD shows °C.
- Press the “ON/OFF/Memory” change beep sound from on to off, then release the “ON/OFF/Memory” button.
- After 6 seconds without changing, the beep On/Off setting will be completed, and the unit will be entered into the measurement mode.
Switching between temperature scale Fahrenheit and Celsius
To change the Unit from °C to °F:
- Turn off the device.
- Hold down the “Start” button, then press and hold the“ON/OFF/Memory” button until the LCD shows °C.
- Press the “Start” to change the °C to °F, then release the “Start” button.
- During the setting adjustment, each old or new temperature scale setting will be flashing for 6 seconds. After 6 seconds without changing, the temperature scale adjustment will be completed, and the unit will be entered into measurement mode.
There are total 9 set memories for measurement records. If the reading of the thermometers is within the normal temperature range of 34 °C to 42.2 °C (93.2 °F to 108°F ), when the measurement is done, the measurement data is saved into memory.
- Press POWER BUTTON“On/Off/Memory” button to repeatedly to recall each temperature memory.
Cleaning and storage
The probe is the most delicate part of the thermometer. Use with care when cleaning the lens to avoid damage.
- Please use the cotton swab with the Alcohol to clean the lens (on the inside of the probe).
- Allow the probe to fully dry for at least 5 minutes.
a. Please check the device if it falls and damages. If you can’t make sure of it, please send the complete device to the nearest retailer for recalibration.
b. Keep the unit dry and away from any liquid and direct sunlight. The probe should not be submerging into liquids.
Change the battery
- This thermometer is equipped with one lithium cell (CR2032).
- Turn off the thermometer before replacing the battery.
- Open the battery cover: Hold the device and flip the battery out by sticking the pen tip into the battery storage well as illustrated.
- Insert a new battery and ensure the battery positive polarity is facing upward.
- Place back the battery cover.
- The positive (+) side up and the negative (-) side pointed down.
*Dispose of device and batteries according to local regulations
- Besides the oral temperature, the body temperature measured by ear may be different from measurements taken by rectal or axillary. Therefore, there is no any meaning to compare them. Take the temperature periodically to find out the normal ear temperature reading , then use that reading as the basis for comparison with any measurement taken when you suspect a fever.
- This thermometer is designed for ear temperature measurement. Do not use this thermometer for other body site measurement.
- Keep the unit dry and away from where it might be exposed to moisture, liquids, direct sunlight, high temperature, high humidity, or excessive dust.
- This device is not shock-protected. Do not drop, heavily pressure the unit or fall from high place.
- Do not bend the device.
- Do not disassemble or make modifications on the device.
- Please do not dispose of the product in the household waste at the end of its useful life. Disposal can take place at your local retailer or at appropriate collection points provided in your country.
- Do not boil the probe.
- Do not use the device if it operates abnormally or error massage is showed.
- Do not use thinner or benzene to clean the device.
- Wipe the device clean before storing.
- When taking the device from storage below or above 10~ 40°C(50~104°F), place it in 10~ 40°C(50~104°F) temperature range for at least 30 minutes before use.
- Remove the battery if this device is not used for a period of time.
- If this device is used according to the operation instruction, periodic re-calibration is not required. If you still have questions, please send the complete device to dealers.
- Please note that this is a home healthcare product only, and it is not intended to serve as a substitute for the advice of a physician or medical professional.
- Do not use this device for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem on disease. Measurement results are for reference only. Contact your physician if you have or suspect any medical problems. Do not change your medications without the advice of your physician or healthcare professional.
- This device may not meet its performance specification if stored or used outside temperature and humidity ranges specified in specifications.
- Battery should neither be charged nor placed into the extreme environment, or it may explode.
- The thermometer contains small parts (ex: battery, etc.) that can be swallowed by children. Therefore never leave the thermometer unattended to children.
- After wearing the probe cover, the ear thermometer probe must be vertically and snugly inserted into the ear channel so as to get the correct temperature reading.
- Be sure to consult a doctor if you feel that your health is in poor condition.
- Do not judge your health only on the presence or absence of a fever.
EMC guidance and manufacturer’s declaration
This instrument is covered by a 5 year guarantee from the date of purchase, batteries and accessories are not included. The guarantee is valid only on presentation of the guarantee card completed by the dealer confirming date of purchase or the receipt. Opening or altering the instrument invalidates the guarantee. The guarantee does not cover damage, accidents or non-compliance with the instruction manual. Please contact Rossmax Service.
Date of purchase:
Store where purchased:
Price Paid (excl. Tax):
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!