Rossmax non-contact temple thermometer
Rossmax non-contact temple thermometer using an infrared detector to detect body temperature from the temple for adult and child at home. This thermometer could also detect ambient temperature.
• The quality of the infrared temple thermometer has been verified and conforms to the provisions of the EC council directive 93/42/ EEC (Medical Device Directive) Annex I essential requirements and applied harmonized standards. Comply with ASTM E1965-98.
• This thermometer converts the temple temperature to display its “oral equivalent.”(according to the result of the clinical evaluation)
Please read the instruction manual carefully before using the product and be sure to keep this manual.
- The temple temperature measurement mode
- The object temperature measurement mode
- When battery icon shows, please replace the battery.
How to measure temple temperature
- Always make sure the probe is clean, and without damage.
- Press “ON/OFF/Memory” button to power on the device.
- Vertically aim the thermometer at the temple with a distance of less than 5 cm. If the temple is covered with hair, sweat or dirt, remove the obstacle from the temple to improve the measuring accuracy.
- Press the “Start” button to take temperature. Measurement is complete when you hear a long beep sound.
- Read the recorded temperature from the LCD display.
- Clean the probe after each use to ensure an accurate reading and avoid cross contamination. ( See the section of Care and Cleaning for details.)
- Remember to put in the storage case when not in use.
Switching between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Make sure the device is off. (Or you can turn off the device by pressing and holding the “On/Off/Memory” button for 3 seconds.)
- Hold onto the “Start“ button, then press and hold the “On/Off/ Memory” button until °C appears on the LCD.
- Press the “On/Off/Memory” button to select the desired scale °C or °F, once you decide the scale, wait for 5 seconds and the setting will be confirmed while you will hear 2 short beep sounds.
How to measure object temperature
When you want to measure object temperature, you have to change to Object Mode.
- Make sure the device is turned off.
- Press and hold down the “Start” button. After about 3 seconds, the display will show this sequence:
3. Release the “Start” button when the desired measurement mode is shown and 1 short beep sound will be heard.
4. When you are at Object Mode, press the “Start” button to get the real temperature.
- Applications include temperature measurements for Water, Milk, Cloth, Skin or other object.
- This mode shows the actual, unadjusted object temperatures, which is different from the body temperature.
Care and cleaning
- The probe is the most delicate part of the thermometer. Use with care when cleaning the lens to avoid damage.
- After the measurement, please use the cotton swab with the Alcohol (70% concentration) to clean the inside of the probe, including lens and metal parts.
- Allow the probe to fully dry for at least 5 minutes.
- Storage temperature range: It should be stored at room temperature between -25~+55°C, RH<=95%
- Keep the unit dry and away from any liquids and direct sunlight.
- The probe should not be submerged into liquids.
- Please check the device if damaged once it falls. If you can’t make sure of it, please send the complete device to the nearest retailer for re-calibration.
- Holding the thermometer too long may cause a higher ambient temperature reading of the probe. This could make the body temperature measurement lower than usual. Please try not to touch the thermometer probe part for avoiding the incorrect reading.
- Open the battery cover: use thumb to push battery cover out.
- Hold the device and flip the battery out.
- Insert the new battery down with the correct electrical polarity.
- Place back the battery cover.
- Keep the battery away from children.
*Dispose of device and batteries according to local regulations
- Only use the device once you have read and understood these instructions for use. Keep the instruction manual for use.
- The thermometer and patient needs to stay in the room in which the measurement is taken for at least 30 minutes before use.
- It is recommend that you always take the temperature in the same location, since temperature readings may vary according to the locations.
- It is recommended that three temperatures are taken and the highest one taken as the reading if:
a) New born infants
b) Children with a compromised immune system and for whom the presence or absence of fever is critical.
c) When the user is learning how to use the thermometer for the first time until he/she has familiarized himself/herself with the instrument and obtains consistent readings.
d) The reading is extremely low.
- Do not take a measurement while drinking, eating, sweating or exercising.
- Do not take measurement while or immediately after nursing.
- Children is not allowed to use the device. Medical products are not toys.
- Influences on body temperature
a) A person’s individual metabolism
b) Age: Greater temperature fluctuations occur faster and more often in children. Normal body temperature decreases with age.
d) Outside temperature
e) Time of day: Body temperature is lower in the morning and increases throughout the day towards evening.
f) Activities: Physical and, to a lesser extent, mental activities increase body temperature.
- This device is not shock-protected. Do not drop or expose to heavy shock this device.
- Do not bend the device.
- Do not disassemble or make modifications the device.
- Please do not dispose of the product in the household waste at the end of its useful life. Disposal can take place at your local retailer or at appropriate collection points provided in your country.
- Do not boil the probe.
- Do not use the device if it operates irregularly or any error massage showed.
- Do not use thinner or benzene to clean the device.
- Wipe the device clean before storing.
- When take the device from storage at below or above 15~40°C(59~104°F), place it in 15~40°C(59~104°F) temperature range for at least 30 minutes before use.
- Remove the battery if the device will not be used for a long time.
- If this device is used according to the operation instruction, periodic re-calibration is not required. If you still have questions, please send the complete device to dealers.
- Please note that this is a home healthcare product only, and it is not intended to serve as a substitute for the advice of a physician or medical professional.
- Do not use this device for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem on disease. Measurement results are for reference only. Contact your physician if you have or suspect any medical problems. Do not change your medications without the advice of your physician or healthcare professional.
- This device may not meet its performance specification if stored or used outside temperature and humidity ranges specified in specifications.
- Battery should not be charged or placed into extreme heat as it may explode.
- The thermometer contains small parts (ex: battery, etc.) that can be swallowed by children. Therefore never leave the thermometer unattended to children.
- Be sure to consult a doctor if you feel that your health is in poor condition.
- Do not judge your health only on the presence or absence of a fever.
EMC guidance and manufacturer’s declaration
This instrument is covered by a 5 year guarantee from the date of purchase, batteries and accessories are not included. The guarantee is valid only on presentation of the guarantee card completed by the dealer confirming date of purchase or the receipt. Opening or altering the instrument invalidates the guarantee. The guarantee does not cover damage, accidents or non-compliance with the instruction manual. Please contact Rossmax service.
Date of purchase:
Store where purchased:
Price Paid (excl. Tax):
Questions about your Manual ? Post in the comments!