REMINGTON1 Curling Wands & Irons
Register Your New Product Today!
By registering your new Remington® product, you will receive special offers.
Register online at: RemingtonProducts.com
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
As with most electrical appliances, electrical parts are electrically live even when switch is off. To reduce the risk of death by electric shock:
- Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using.
- Do not use while bathing or in the shower.
- Do not place or store this appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not place or drop into water or other liquid.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- Unplug this appliance before cleaning it.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when it is plugged in.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children or individuals with certain disabilities or special needs.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or if it has been dropped into water.
- Keep the cord away from the heated surfaces. Do not wrap the cord around the appliance.
- Never use while sleeping.
- Never drop or insert any object into any of the appliance’s openings.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used, or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- This appliance is hot when in use. Do not let eyes or bare skin touch heated surfaces.
- Do not place the heated unit directly on any surface while it is hot or plugged in. Use the stand provided on the back of heating plate.
- The plug on this appliance has one blade wider than the other, it is a polarized plug. As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- Always store this appliance and cord in a moisture-free area. Do not store it in temperatures exceeding 140°F (60°C).
- This appliance is for household use only.
- Do not plug or unplug this appliance when your hands are wet.
- Hold the straightener with the display and steam vents facing away from your scalp.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
- Ceramic coated barrels for even, consistent heat
- Temperature display
- Cool end grip
- Adjustable depth dial
- Bottom plate
- Temperature controls
- Power button
- Swivel cord
Ceramic: Ceramic protects against damaging hot spots with high, even heat to lock in moisture and create long-lasting styles.
This styler is equipped with automatic shutoff. This safety feature turns the unit off after 60 minutes, in case you accidentally leave it on after styling your hair.
Temperature Lock Function
- Set the desired temperature using the + and – buttons then lock the setting by pressing the “-” button for 2 seconds. The “lock icon” light will come on.
- To unock the temperature setting, press and hold the “-” button for 2 seconds.
Instructions for Use
Take extra care when using a professional styler. To prevent hair damage, make sure to use the correct settings for your hair type.
HEAT SETTING FOR YOUR HAIR TYPE
How to Create Waves
1. Use heat protectant and section section your hair.
2. Pull out then twist adjustable depth dial to your desired wave depth setting. Take a section
of hair about 2″ wide. Place section between bottom plate and top barrels.
3. Clamp the waver shut and hold for about 5 seconds.
4. Move the waver down, sure to place the bottom barrel in the last wave form so the waves interlock together without dents. Continue until all hair is styled to your desire.
- If you find that you need a higher setting while styling your hair, simply adjust to a higher temperature using the digital controls.
- While styling your hair, if you find that you need a lower temperature, adjust to a
lower temperature using the digital controls. When you are finished styling, press the on/off button to turn the unit off, unplug it, and allow it to cool before storing.
Make sure the unit is unplugged and cool. Use a damp cloth to clean the plates and the outside of the power handle. No other maintenance of the unit is required.
Unplug the unit whenever it is not in use. Allow it to cool, then store it out of reach of children in a safe, dry location. Never wrap the cord around the appliance, since this will cause the cord to wear prematurely and break, thus voiding warranty. Handle the cord carefully and avoid jerking, twisting, or straining it, especially at plug connections.
Limited Five-Year Warranty
Spectrum Brands, Inc. warrants this product against any defects that are due to faulty material or workmanship for a five-year period from the original date of consumer purchase. This warranty does not include damage to the product resulting from accident or misuse.
If the product should become defective within the warranty period, we will replace it free of charge. Return your product and sales receipt with your name, address and day time phone number to: Remington Returns Center, 507 Stokely Dr., P.O. Box 1, Deforest, WI 53532. For more information call 800-736-4648 in the U.S. or Canada.
KEEP ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT AS PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR WARRANTY PURPOSES.
This warranty does not cover products damaged by the following:
- Accident, misuse, abuse or alteration of the product
- Servicing by unauthorized persons
- Use with unauthorized accessories
- Connecting it to incorrect current and voltage
- Any other conditions beyond our control
No responsibility, obligations, or liability is assumed for the installation or maintenance of this product.
SPECTRUM BRANDS, INC. SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL,
SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS
PRODUCT. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS AND MERCHANTABILITY, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO FIVE YEARS FROM DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, special or consequential damages.
This warranty shall not be valid where it is contrary to U.S. and other applicable laws, or where the warranty would be prohibited under any economic sanctions, export control laws, embargos, or other restrictive trade measures enforced by the United States or other applicable jurisdictions. This includes, without limitation, any warranty claims implicating parties from, or otherwise located in, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria and the disputed Crimea region.
Spectrum Brands, Inc. Money-back Offer
If within 30 days after you have purchased your Remington® branded product from an authorized source, you are not satisfied and would like a refund, return it with the sales receipt indicating purchase price and date of purchase to the retailer from whom it was purchased. Spectrum Brands, Inc. will reimburse all retailers who accept the product within 30 days from the date of purchase. If you have any questions concerning the money-back guarantee, please call 800-736-4648 in the U.S. or Canada.
Remington Guarantees Satisfaction After 30 Days!
Remington 60-Day Money Back Guarantee*
If within 60 days after purchasing any Remington® product, you are not completely satisfied and would like a refund, return it with the original dated sales receipt directly to Remington and receive a full refund.** For questions concerning the money-back guarantee, please call 800-736-4648 in the U.S. or Canada.
*Applies to U.S. and Canadian customers’ returns only.
**Terms and conditions apply.
- Refund will be in the form of a check issued in U.S. Dollars and will be provided only if all Terms and Conditions are met.
- The following items must be returned to Remington and postmarked no later than 60 days after purchase of the Remington® product:
a. The Remington® product;
b. The original sales receipt indicating price and date purchased; and
c. The completed 60-day money back guarantee form located at RemingtonProducts.com/60day.
- In addition, Remington, in its discretion, must determine that the returned product was used in accordance with the instruction booklet (included with the product at the time of purchase).
- Returns should be mailed prepaid (no collect returns accepted) to:
Remington 60-Day MBG
507 Stokely Drive, Box 1
DeForest, WI 53532
- Refund does not include postage costs for the return of the product, but will include applicable taxes paid by customer, if any.
- No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost, stolen, misdirected or damaged product.
- Please allow 4–6 weeks to receive your refund by check.
120 VAC 60 Hz Type: CI19A
Questions or comments: Call 800-736-4648 in the U.S. or visit RemingtonProducts.com.
Dist. by: Spectrum Brands, Inc., Middleton, WI 53562
® Registered Trademark of Spectrum Brands, Inc.
© 2020 Spectrum Brands, Inc. 6/20 27966
Made in China.