REMINGTON Ultimate Series Rotary Shaver
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be observed, including the following.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER: As with most electrical appliances, electrical parts are electrically live even when the switch is off.
For additional protection, the installation of a residual current device (rcd) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA is advisable in the electrical circuit supplying the bathroom. Ask your installer for advice.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION AND FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS.
- The appliance should never be left unattended when plugged into a power outlet, except when charging the appliance.
- This appliance should not be used by children or other persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working correctly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. If the supply cord or plug of the appliance is damaged it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. It cannot be repaired.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Charge, use and store the product at a temperature between 0°C and 32°C.
- Do not use outdoors or where aerosol (spray) products are being used, or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use this appliance with damaged or broken tracks, foils or cutters, as injury may occur.
- For use on facial hair only. Not intended for shaving the hair on your head.
- Do not plug or unplug the appliance with wet hands.
- For household use only.
- Do not place or store the appliance or charging adaptor where it can fall or be knocked into a sink or bath.
- Do not place in or drop into water or any other liquid for extended periods of time.
- If an appliance falls into water, “unplug it” immediately. Do not reach into the water.
- Unplug the charging adaptor from the electrical outlet immediately after fully charging.
- Unplug the power adaptor from the appliance before cleaning the appliance in water.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual.
- Do not use attachments not recommended by Remington.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening of this appliance.
- Always store the charging adaptor in a moisture-free location.
- Do not use on people who are asleep.
- Do not use an extension cord or a voltage converter with this appliance.
- Do not wrap the cord around the appliance.
- Remington strongly recommends that an approved Safety Switch (Residual current device) be installed to protect all bathroom power outlets. Ask an electrical contractor for advice.
USE & CARE INSTRUCTION MANUAL
Thank you for purchasing your new Remington® Ultimate Series R9 rotary shaver. Inside this manual you will find tips on using and caring for your shaver.
- On/Off Button
- Shaving Head
- Smooth Spin Heads
- Hair Pocket
- Pivoting Neck & Cutter Assembly
- Pop Up Trimmer (not shown)
- LED Indicator
- Charging Pins (not shown)
- Beard Trimmer Attachment
- Beard Trimmer Comb (2-6mm)
- Stubble Styler Also Includes:
- Travel Friendly Charging Stand
- Storage Pouch
- Head Guard
- Cleaning Brush
- Power Adaptor
Power System Cordless (Rechargeable)
Initial Charge Time 24 hours
Full Charge Time 90 Minutes
Cordless Shave Time 60 Minutes
Quick Charge Yes (5 Minutes)
LED Display Remaining Shaving Minutes
Voltage Type Worldwide
Replacement Head & Cutters SPR-R9000AU
Power System: Cordless – shaver can only be used without the power cord. The shaver will not run while it is charging on its charging stand.
Quick Charge: A 5 minute quick charge will allow for 3 minutes of shaving.
Indicator: LED Panel – displays the number of minutes of remaining battery power.
Turbo Function: To engage press the on/off button twice. This increases the shaver blade rotation speed to cut through thicker hair easily
Travel Lock: To engage travel lock, press and hold the On/Off button for 3 seconds. To disengage travel lock, press and hold the On/Off button for 3 seconds.
Voltage Type: Worldwide Voltage – shaver automatically adapts to an outlet voltage between 100V and 240V.
Note: Some countries will require the use of a plug adaptor that is not included with your shaver. ULTIMATE SERIES R9 CUTTING SYSTEM
The Ultimate Series R9 rotary shaver features innovative Smooth Spin shaver heads. The shaver heads spin anti-clockwise to reduce surface tension for an effortless glide over the skin.
- Plug power adaptor into the charging stand. (Diagram A)
- Plug power adaptor into wall outlet. (Diagram B)
- Charge shaver for 24 hours before its first use. This first charge is important to the shaver’s battery life.
- Use shaver until recharge is required.
- Make sure the shaver and your hands are dry when charging the shaver.
- Always charge the shaver in a cool, dry place.
- Press power button to turn on. (Diagram D)
- Press the power button a second time to turn on the turbo function to cut through thicker hair.
- Shave face and neck using short, circular strokes. (Diagram E)
- After shaving, turn the shaver off. (Diagram D)
- The Remington® Ultimate Series R9 is waterproof. You may use shaving foam or cream with your shaver. You may also shave in the shower.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after getting up before shaving, to ensure your face is free of puffiness that may be present from sleeping.
- Always hold the shaver at a right angle to the skin so that all three heads are touching the skin with equal pressure.
- Stretch skin with the free hand so hairs stand upright, making it easier for them to enter the cutting chamber.
- Use moderate to slow, circular stroking movement.
- The use of short, circular motions in stubborn areas may obtain a closer shave, especially along the neck and chin line.
- Do not press hard against the skin to avoid skin irritation and/or damage to the rotary heads.
- As with every shaver, your shave will improve over time. Allow up to four weeks of daily shaving to develop effective shaving style and for your skin to adjust to the new shaver. The adaptation period might take a little longer if your skin is sensitive, if you are switching from a different method of shaving, or if you alternate between shaving methods.
- For thicker hair use the turbo function by pressing the on/off button a second time
- Push trimmer release button to engage trimmer. (Diagram F)
- Trim long, difficult hairs and side burns.
- Close trimmer by pressing down. (Diagram G)
Note: Lubricate teeth with oil every 6 months.
- To remove the shaver head, simply pull upwards from the neck of the shaver for easy release.
- To attach the beard trimmer attachment, align it with the neck attachment cavity so that it clips into position.
Note: The beard trimmer’s micro setting zoom comb can be adjusted to suit your required length setting type of between 2-6mm. The setting can be adjusted by turning the wheel either left or right.
Without the beard comb attachment, the length of hair cut will be 0.4mm.
The Stubble Styler comb is designed to help you maintain a 3-day stubble look. Please be aware that you cannot shave a full long beard down to stubble length with the stubble styler.
To achieve the look:
- Clean shave your face initially and then let your beard grow for two or three days.
- Attach the stubble styler to the cutting head of the shaver.
- Shave your face with slow, rotating motions. The stubble guard will only trim hairs that are over 1.5 mm in length.
- Shave with the stubble styler at least every two days to maintain the length and do not allow hairs to get too long.
- Detach the stubble styler if you wish to have a clean shave look on your neck or other areas of your face where you do not want stubble showing.
Tips: Faster growing areas of your beard will begin to be trimmed first. Slower growing areas of your beard will fill in over a period of a few days or weeks.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
The shaver is a washable apliance. The head and body may be cleaned under warm water.
Note: When cleaning your shaver, make sure the shaver is turned off and disconnected from the power cord.
- When cleaning the external surfaces of the shaver, do not use strong detergents or other chemicals.
- To dry, wipe the surface of the shaver with a dry towel. Do not use a hair dryer or heater to dry the shaver.
Note: The shaver head and neck assembly is designed to be detachable from the shaver body. Simply pull upwards from the neck of the shaver for easy release. To reattach neck, align it with the neck attachment cavity so that it clips back into position.
- Head & Cutter (Hair Pocket) Assembly
- Detachment Grooves
- Neck Assembly
- Neck Attachment Cavity
- Beard Attachment Trimmer
- Beard Attachment Comb
- Locate the detachment grooves on the head & cutter assembly. Gently pull to detach the hair pocket from the neck assembly. (Diagram H)
- Tap out excess hair shavings.
- Rinse the head of the shaver in running water.
- Gently reattach the hair pocket to the neck assembly until it locks in place on all three sides. The hair pocket may be reattached in any configuration.
Cleaning Beard Trimmer Attachment
- Clean the beard trimmer attachment with the cleaning brush provided, brush away hair clippings from the blades, and top of trimmer handle.
Note: If you rinse the beard trimmer attachment with cool or warm water (never use hot water) or use it in the shower then the blades will need to be lubricated with light-grade oil or sewing machine oil (1-2 drops over the cutters) every month.
REPLACING THE HEAD & CUTTERS
Please refer to the specifications’ table on page 5 of this manual that lists the correct replacement part number for your shaver. It is very important to replace your head and cutters when necessary to
ensure a close, comfortable shave without irritation. We recommend they be replaced every 6 months. Here are some signs of head and cutter wear, indicating that replacement is needed:
- Irritation: As the heads get excessively worn you may experience some skin irritation. This would be especially noticeable when you apply moisturizing lotion.
- Pulling: When the cutters wear you may feel a sense of pulling and a loss of closeness when you shave. This is an indication that it is time to replace your heads and cutters. Replacement heads & cutters may be obtained from your local retailer, or directly from Remington®. Simply fill out the enclosed accessory order form – refer to page 9 & 10, or alternatively your order can be processed over the phone via the Remington® Service Hotline
Note: The battery is not intended to be removed or replaced under normal use. The only time the battery should be removed or the unit opened or disassembled, is at the end of the product’s useful life before it is discarded.
- The R9000AU contains a lithium-ion battery. Once the shaver has reached the end of its life, to ensure proper disposal of the product, please take the appliance to a recycling centre, where the internal rechargeable battery should be removed by a professional and recycled separately.
- For more information about recycling of electrical and battery operated appliances, please contact your local council office or your household waste disposal service.
Caution: Do not put in the fire or mutilate your batteries when disposing as they may burst and release toxic materials. Do not short circuit as it may cause burns. We suggest you use local waste management centres to recycle this product at end of life.
WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
In this warranty:
Australian Consumer Law means the Australian consumer law set out in Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010; CGA means the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993; Goods means the product or equipment which was accompanied by this warranty and purchased in Australia or New Zealand, as the case may be; Manufacturer, We or us means:
1. for Goods purchased in Australia, Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd ACN, 007 070 573; or
2. for Goods purchased in New Zealand, Spectrum Brands New Zealand Limited, as the case may be, contact details as set out at the end of this warranty;
Supplier means the authorised distributor or retailer of the Goods that sold you the Goods in Australia or in New Zealand; and
You means you, the original end-user purchaser of the Goods.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law, or the CGA. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- The benefits provided by this Warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the Goods which the consumer has under either the Australian Consumer Law or the CGA. The original purchaser of the Goods is provided with the following Warranty subject to the Warranty Conditions:
- We warrant the Goods for all parts defective in workmanship or materials for theperiod of two (2) years from the date of purchase (Warranty Period). If the Goods prove defective within the Warranty Period by reason of improper workmanship or material, we may, at our own discretion, repair or replace the Goods without charge.
- The Goods must be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. This Warranty does not apply should the defect in or failure of the Goods be attributable to misuse, abuse, accident or non-observance of manufacturer’s instructions on the part of the user. As far as the law permits, the manufacturer does not accept liability for any direct or consequential loss, damage or other expense caused by or arising out of any failure to use the Goods in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Consumable parts (such as shaver heads, cutters and foils) of the Goods are included under this Warranty only where there is a defect in workmanship or materials used.
- The warranty granted under clause 3 is limited to repair or replacement only.
- Any parts of the Goods replaced during repairs or any product replaced remain the property of the manufacturer. In the event of the Goods being replaced during the Warranty Period, the warranty on the replacement Goods will expire on the same date as for the Warranty Period on the original Goods which are replaced.
- In order to claim under the warranty granted under clause 3 you must:
- Retain this warranty with your receipt/proof of purchase; and
- Return the Goods to us at the relevant address below or to the Supplier by prepaid freight within the Warranty Period accompanied with (i) the legible and unmodified original proof of purchase, which clearly indicates the name and address of the Supplier, the date and place of purchase, the product name or other product serial number and (ii) this warranty.
- This warranty is immediately void if:
- Any serial number or appliance plate is removed or defaced;
- The Goods have been serviced or otherwise repaired by a person not authorised to do so by us or where non approved replaced parts are used.
- The Goods are designed for domestic use only. A limited 90-day Warranty applies to any industrial or commercial use of the Goods. The Goods must be connected to the electrical voltage requirements as specified in the ratings label located on the Goods.
- This warranty does not cover the cost of claiming under the warranty or transport of the Goods to and from the Supplier or us.
- This warranty is only valid and enforceable in Australia against Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd and in New Zealand against Spectrum Brands New Zealand Limited.
Spectrum Brands Australia Pty Ltd
Locked Bag 3004
Braeside, VIC 3195
Customer service in Australia: 1800 623 118
Spectrum Brands New Zealand Limited
PO Box 9817
New market, Auckland 1149
Customer service in New Zealand: 0800 736 776
Documents / Resources
|REMINGTON Ultimate Series Rotary Shaver [pdf] User Manual|
Ultimate Series Rotary Shaver, R9000AU
- Remington, New Zealand | Haircare & Personal Care Appliances for Men & Women
- Remington, Australia | Haircare & Personal Care Appliances for Men & Women