Use and Care Guide
Register Your New Product Today!
By registering your new Remington® product, you will receive these important benefits:
Proof of Ownership • Product Protection • Product Registration • Special Offers
Register online at: www.RemingtonProducts.com
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING. KEEP AWAY FROM
As with most electrical appliances, electrical parts are electrically live even when switch is off. To reduce the risk of death by electric shock:
- Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using.
- Do not use while bathing or in the shower.
- Do not place or store this appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- Do not place or drop into water or other liquid.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- Unplug this appliance before cleaning it.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when it is plugged in.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children or persons with special needs or disabilities.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, of if it has been dropped into water. Return the appliance to a service center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from the heated surfaces. Do not wrap the cord around the appliance.
- Never use while sleeping.
- Never drop or insert any object into any of the appliance’s openings.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used, or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- This appliance is hot when in use.
- Do not let eyes or bare skin touch heated surfaces.
- Do not place the heated unit directly on any surface while it is hot or plugged in. Use the stand provided.
- The plug on this appliance has one blade wider than the other, it is a polarized plug. As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety
- Always store this appliance and cord in a moisture-free area.
Do not store it in temperatures exceeding 140°F (60°C).
- This appliance is for household use only.
- Do not plug or unplug this appliance when your hands
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN
Save these Instructions
Thank you for purchasing this Remington® Curling Wand. Please carefully read the instructions contained in this booklet, and keep them in a safe place for future reference.
(A) Ceramic Silk Tong
(B) Graphic Temperature Display
(C) Digital Controls
(D) ON/OFF Button
(E) Swivel Cord
(F) Heat Protective Glove
- Automatic Shutoff: This styler is equipped with automatic shutoff. This safety feature turns the unit off after 60 minutes, in case you accidentally leave it on after styling your hair.
- Heat Settings: Take extra care when using a professional styler. To prevent Hair damage, make sure to use the correct temperature setting for your hair type.
How to Use
Thermal Glove Warning:
The heat protective glove helps protect fingers from excessive heat from the hair curling wand during styling for limited time. The glove will not protect the user from touching
the barrel directly, and these gloves are not for use to protect from other sources of heat.
How to Use
Hair should be clean, dry, or nearly dry, and free of tangles before using. (This iron can also be used for quick touch-ups any time.)
- Rest the iron on its stand on a smooth, flat surface. Plug it in for connection to a 120 volt power supply.
- Press and hold the ON/ OFF button until the unit turns on and the LCD lights up.
- Adjust the temperature using the +/- buttons. A series of three indicator bars will flash while the unit heats up, then glow steadily when it has reached the selected
- To lock the temperature buttons, press and hold the “–” button for 2 seconds and a key icon will appear. To unlock, press and hold “–” button for another 2 seconds and the key icon will disappear.
How to Use Your Curling Wand to get Professional Results
This unique wand has been designed with multiple temperature settings, providing very high heat settings for curling very coarse, thick, hard-tocurl hair; very low heat settings for curling extra fine, damaged or dry hair; and a full range of heat settings in between for all normal textures and thicknesses of hair.
TEST A SMALL SECTION OF HAIR BEFORE USING; THEN ADJUST TEMPERATURE DEPENDING ON HAIR TYPE.
- Set wand to your desired temperature.
- Put heat protective glove on the hand you will use to wrap your hair around the wand with.
- Section hair. For tighter curls use thinner section. For looser curls use thicker sections.
- With your gloved hand take sectioned hair and wrap around the wand; wrapping ends last.
- Keep hair around wand by holding the very ends with your gloved fingertips.
- For added lift and volume, begin wrapping hair over the widest partof the barrel.
■ Turbo Boost: (hold time about 2 seconds)
– Activating: Press “+” Button and hold about 2 seconds to increase temperature to maximum 410° F setting instantly no matter what the setting is – Releasing: Press “-” Button to decrease the temperature like normal mode.
- To clean the unit, be sure the unit is cool and unplugged. Wipe the handle and barrel with a damp cloth. No other maintenance is necessary.
- Do not attempt to repair the appliance yourself.
Note: This appliance has no user serviceable parts.
Unplug the unit whenever it is not in use. Allow it to cool, then store it
out of reach of children in a safe, dry location.
Never wrap the cord around the appliance. This will cause the cord to wear prematurely and break, thus voiding the warranty. Handle the cord carefully and avoid jerking, twisting, or straining it, especially at plug connections.
Limited Four-Year Warranty
Spectrum Brands, Inc. warrants this product against any defects that are due to faulty material or workmanship for a four-year period from the original date of consumer purchase. This warranty does not include damage to the product resulting from accident or misuse.
If the product should become defective within the warranty period, we will replace it free of charge. Return your product and sales receipt with your name, address and day time phone number to: Remington Returns Center, 507 Stokely Drive, P.O. Box 1, Deforest, WI 53532. For more information call 800-736-4648.
KEEP ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT AS PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR WARRANTY PURPOSES.
This warranty does not cover products damaged by the following:
- Accident, misuse, abuse, or alteration of the product
- Servicing by unauthorized persons
- Use with unauthorized accessories
- Connecting the unit to incorrect current and voltage
- Wrapping the cord around the appliance, causing premature wear & breakage
- Any other conditions beyond our control
No responsibility, obligation, or liability is assumed for the installation or maintenance of this product.
SPECTRUM BRANDS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS AND MERCHANTABILITY, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO FOUR YEARS FROM DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental,
special, or consequential damages.
Spectrum Brands Money-Back Offer
If within 30 days after you have purchased your Remington® branded product, you are not satisfied and would like a refund, return it with the sales slip indicating purchase price and date of purchase to the retailer from whom it was purchased. Spectrum Brands will reimburse all retailers who accept the product within 30 days from the date of purchase. If you have any questions concerning the money-back guarantee, please call 800- 736-4648.
Questions or comments:
Call 800-736-4648 or visit RemingtonProducts.com
Dist. by: Spectrum Brands, Inc., Madison, WI 53711 ® Registered Trademark of Spectrum Brands, Inc. (SBI), or one of its subsidiaries.
© 2012 SBI 10/12 Job #2012-8-22_133
Manufactured to Remington’s specifications in the PRC.