reinkstone R1 E-Paper Tablet
- Press to turn the device on and off
- Press to lock and unlock the screen
- Long press 15s to force restart
- Type-C port
- Connect the PC and device by using a data cable to transmit data, or charge the color e-Paper Support Type-C digital headphone
- Support OTG
- Battery charge indicator
- Play audio
- Recover the system
Power on and the initial settings
Hold the power button on the right side of the device, until the startup screen appears. If cannot turn on, the device might need to be charged After the first power on, please follow the instructions to complete the initial settings：
- System languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Complex Chinese.
- Wi-Fi settings
- Preferred Setting
Use the USB-C cable from the R1 box to charge your R1. Plug the USB-C cable end to the USB-C charging port and the USB end to a USB power plug, or to your computer. There are two ways of checking whether your R1 is charging when turned on:
- The Battery indicator on the home screen will change from a battery icon to a charging icon.
- The charging indicator lights up red.
Updating to the latest version
- Click on Settings – Software Update.
- Make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi.
- In Device settings, tap Check for updates to see if there are any new updates available.
- Tap Download version to update to a new version.
- When the download is finished, click Restart device to complete the update.
- Swipe down on the top of the screen: Activate the status bar
- Single-click with a single finger on the screen: Hide the status bar
- Swipe left on the screen: Go to the next page
- Swipe right on the screen: Go to the previous page
- Single-click in the left part of screen: Go to the previous page Single-click on the right part of the screen: Go to the next page
Users can click the image of the device for an online user manual and further manage the settings of the whole device by clicking the below specific area.
Users can set system language, keyboard and input method, and TTS on this page; Users can set the languages of the system and virtue keyboard. The system has an Android keyboard by default.
Date & Time
Users can choose either auto setting or manual setting for date and time When the device is connected to the internet, it will automatically set the date and time according to the local time zone. Manual setting requires setting time zone, date and time, and users can select their preferred time and date display format.
Slide Wi-Fi On, then available networks will be listed. Users can choose a network, then input a password to connect to the internet. After Wi-Fi is connected successfully at the first time, the device will save Wi-Fi information automatically. Users only need to turn on Wi-Fi on the notification bar if using the same WIFI next time. Click the “+” button at the top right of the Wi-Fi page, users could manually connect to another network that is not listed, such as 802.1xEAP.
Turn on Bluetooth, you can search for nearby Bluetooth devices and then send connection requests. Bluetooth needs to be paired before use.
Users can get the Model number, Android version, Build number and update check. The upgrade checks the local package first then the online package with a network connection. Upgrade pause and breakpoint download are allowed. Please ensure the device has more than 30% power and sufficient capacity before the update.
Tap any E-book cover to open an E-book. Full-screen reading without showing the status bar is set by default. To pull down from the top of the screen can call out the status bar. To tap on the center of the screen can call out the menu bar for a switch among different documents or other functions.
The current layer is underlined. Jump to the corresponding page when tapping any of the layers.Tap on any position out of the TOC to exit.
Without calling out the menu, bookmark the reading page by simply tapping a tag on the top right corner of the screen. Tap it again to un-bookmark the page. The bookmarks can be checked under the path of Doc-Bookmark, where users can delete bookmarks. Jump to the corresponding page by tapping any of the bookmarks.
All scribbles and sidenotes can be viewed under the page of Doc-scribble for further searching and deleting. Jump to the corresponding page by tapping any of the pages.
- Orientation: Switch to landscape or portrait..
- Crop: Auto-crop according to the margin set by users.
- Margin: The empty space at the sides of book content for auto-crop.
- Zoom: Zoom in, zoom out, and partial zoom are supported.
Sharpen, Image Contrast, Text Contrast, and Embolden are included. Certain functions are just available for scanned documents.
Reflow is only available for PDF/DJVU/CBR/CBZ documents. Reflow allows users to further customize the layout of documents including: Line Spacing, Margin, Text Direction, Font Size, Columns, and Skew Correction (for italic documents).
Folders help you organize your notebooks, documents, and ebooks. Define your own file structure with folders and subfolders in Notes.
Click Create – New Folder. Name the new folder.
Tap the contextual menu on the item you want to move. Tap Move in the top menu. Choose your destination folder. Tap Move here to confirm the action. Tapping the Move icon in a notebook will allow you to either move pages within a notebook or from one notebook to another.
Files (notebooks, documents and ebooks) can be duplicated without any changes being made to the original file. Tap the three-dot menu on the file you want to copy. Tap Duplicate in the top menu. The new file will be named with the ending “copy”.
Tap the contextual menu (three dots) on the file or folder you want to delete. Tap the Delete icon on the above toolbar. Tap Undo if you want to keep your file.
This supports template layer, 5 custom layers, hiding and adjusting layer order. Hidden layers will not be displayed during export and recognition; Templates can only be added at the template layer, and the template layer cannot be deleted; You can add 5 custom layers to the inserted images.
It includes built-in templates, and local templates（PDF\PNG format）. The built-in templates will be used if the local template are deleted.
Write and Erase
Click on the brush icons for the writing and erasing functions. Double-click them to expand the sub-menu. In the state of stroke erasing, you need to switch to the brush first and then write. For the “erase all”, you do not need to switch back to the brush.
In the Lasso mode, circle an area on the screen, then users can zoom, move, duplicate and remove the selected area.
Users can remove, zoom, and duplicate the images inserted from the local. Select the image and then edit.
Share all pages of a note in PDF format or the current page in PNG format.
All installed apps are displayed in alphabetical order A-Z by default. Users can choose their preferred order. Long press on each APP icon to pop up the Apps menu to delete or optimize. Pre-installed apps on devices are not allowed to delete. Google Play authorized operation
- Connect to the Internet.
- Settings-Preferences-Click “Enabling Google Suite”.
- Close the pop-up window, follow the prompts to open the google play store, and complete the information check.
Note: You cannot exit during the information verification process! Wait for the verification to be completed! After the verification is completed, it will prompt “The device is not Play Protect certified”, and an ID will be automatically generated.
- Re-enter Settings-Preferences-Click “Enabling Google Suite”, an authorization prompt pop-up window will pop up, click “To authorize” in the pop-up window.
- Accept the agreement
- Choose not to synchronize
- Log in to your google account
- Registration ID
Long press the input box to paste the ID automatically generated before. Check “I am not a rebot”. After the verification is successful, click “register”, and the message “registered successfully” will pop up after the registration is completed.
- After the registration is successful, press the home button at the top to exit, and a prompt will pop up. Click “Restart now” and the authorization is completed!
- After restarting, reopen the google play store to log in normally. After restarting, open Google play and still prompt “The device is not Play Protect certified”, please check the network and clear the data in the google play store.
- Long press the Google Play application and select “application information”. Open after finding the google play application. Select “Storage and Cache”-“Clear Storage Space”.
Please read the Safety Guide carefully before you start to use the device. Contact us if you have any technical problems.
- Fragile Screen
The DES screen is fragile. Please have no shocking, squeezing, pressing against the screen, or dropping the device from a higher place.
- Not Waterproof
The device is not waterproof. Don’t expose the device to a humid environment or use it in the rain. Please keep it away from any corrosive liquids.
- Use Environment
The using environment of the device is 0℃~50℃. Please keep away from severe environments, such as high/low temperatures, dry, humidity, smoke, and dust. Keep away from strong magnetic and electrostatic fields to avoid any potential damage.
- No Unauthorized Disassembly
Please don’t dismantle the device without our permission. If you need to repair the device, please contact us.
We shall not be liable for damage or deletion of in-flight data due to personal abnormal operation or other unexpected circumstances, nor any indirect loss.
- Why does the screen have afterimages and occasional flickers?
These phenomena are caused by the characteristics of the electronic ink screen itself. These are product normalities, not defects.
- How to activate Google Play?
Settings-Preferences-Click “Enabling Google Suite”. Refer to Google play authorized operation manual for operation.
- What to do if the e-paper tablet freezes?
Check if the device is out of power. Then check whether it can be used normally after charging for half an hour. If it still doesn’t work, please press the power button for more than 15 seconds to restart the device.
- What if some documents cannot be opened?
Please check the filename for spaces and other illegal characters such as? – ‘ / < > * ” Please remove these illegal characters and try opening the document again.
- What if the device cannot be charged?
Try changing the adapter or data cable. If the device is in a powerless state, please check whether the device responds after charging for half an hour. If the temperature of the device is too high or too low, it may not be able to charge normally. Please make sure to charge the e-book in an environment of 0~35℃.
- How to transfer files to the device?
You can transfer files by connecting to a computer via a data cable, or transferring files via WiFi. For specific operation steps, please refer to the built-in user manual of the device.
FCC& ISDE Statement
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules and with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device meets the exemption from the routine evaluation limits in section 2.5 of RSS 102 and compliance with RSS 102 RF exposure, users can obtain Canadian information on RF exposure and compliance.
Radiation Exposure Statement:
This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance 0cm between the radiator & your body. The device for operation in the band 5150–5250 MHz is only for indoor use to reduce the potential for harmful interference to co-channel mobile satellite systems.
Documents / Resources
|reinkstone R1 E-Paper Tablet [pdf] User Guide|
REINK100, 2A7UK-REINK100, 2A7UKREINK100, R1 E-Paper Tablet, R1, E-Paper Tablet