616RAYBK wireless music system with Apple AirPlay® 2 (Black)
The compact soundbar for music, TV, and more
- Quick and easy setup . with only one cable to connect to your 1V.
- Great sound for compact spaces-versatile design allows you to set it on a credenza. mount it on a wall, or place it inside a 1V stand.
- Stream music, radio, podcasts, and more when the 1V is off.
- Expandable. Add a Sub and two So nos speakers. like Ones, for 5 .1 surround sound.
- Control your Sanos system with the Sonos a1u?. (for Android and iOS).
- See SetuP- when you’re ready to add Ray to your So nos system.
Controls and lights
Touch for sma II adjustments or touch and ho Id to qui ckty change the volume:
- Volume up (right)
- Volume down (left)
Note: You can also use the Sanos ap p or your 1V remote.
Touch to play or pause audio.
Next/Previous (music only)
- Swipe right across the touch controls to skip to the next song.
- Swipe left to go to the previous song.
Note: You can’t skip forward or go back when listening to a radio station.
Displays the product’s connection to wifi indicates when the volume is muted, and signals errors. Learn more
- Join button
- Press to connect during setup.
- AC power (mains) input
- Use only the supplied power cord (using a third party power cord will void your warranty).
- Optical port
- Use to connect the sound bar to your TV.
- Ethernet port
- Use an Ethernet cable if you want to connect to a router. computer. or network-attached storage (NAS) device (optional).
Select a location
You can wall mount Ray above or below your 1V. or place it in or on a 1V stand.
TV stand placement
- Place horizontally on a stable and level surface at least 2″ (50mm) from the TV.
- Don’t place vertically or on its side.
- Don’t block the 1V’s IR sensor.
- If put on a sheW, place at the front and keep 2″ (minimum) clearance on both sides for best sound quality.
- Keep 1″ (2 5mm) space (minimum) ab ave Ray so you can reach the touch controls.
- For best sound quality, keep both ends of Ray at least 1″ (30cm) from a wall or other obstruction.
- Make sure the touch controls a refacing up
You can secure the sound bar to a wall with a compatible wall mount. We recommend the custom-designed Sanos Ray Wall M ount (sold separate ty). See Wall mount for more information
Connect the cables
Before you start
- Disconnect existing home theater o r surround sound equipment from your TV.
- Connect any external devices, like a cable box or DVD player, directly to your lV.
- Turn your TV on.
- Connect the power cord and plug in the soundbar.
Note: Use only the supplied power cord (using a third-party power cord will void your warranty)
- Connect the optical cable (included) bJ the optical port on the back of your soundbar.
- Connect the optical cable to your lV’s optical di gital OUT port.
(The lV’s optical adapter’s port is “D-shaped”make sure the co nnecbJ r aligns correctly into the port. Inserting the adapter incorrectiy may damage the cable.)
You can customize Sanos products for your surroundings. Go to > System and select a product.
- Room Name
- If you move your speaker bJ a new room. you can change its name in settings
- Turn off WiFi (not on portable products)
- You can turn off your speaker’s V\/iFi when it’s connected to your network with an Ethernet cable. This r reduces power consumption and can imp rove connectivity for some wired speakers.
- For products like Amp and Port. turning offV\/iFi can reduce the internal temperature when they’re placed in a rack o r stacked. Learn more
- Sonos products ship with preset equalization settings. You can change the sound settings (bass. treble. balance. or loudness) to suit your personal preferences. Learn more
- True play adapts the sound for your surroundings and content. Learn more
- Volume Limit
- You can set a maximum volume for each room
- Status Light
- Displays the speaker’s connection to WiFi. indicates when the volume is muted and signals errors. Learn more
Note If the light is distracting, you can turn it off in your pro duct’s settings.
- Displays the speaker’s connection to WiFi. indicates when the volume is muted and signals errors. Learn more
- Touch Controls
- You can disable the touch control buttons on your speaker. You may want to do this to prevent a chi Id or curious pet from accidentally adjusting playback or volume. Learn more
Sanos products for your TV provide full-theater sound and play music roo. Create a home theater system by adding a pair of rear surrounds and a Sub-
Home theater settings
Use the So nos app to adjust sound settings or change the way your home theater speaker works with your TV.
- TV Dialog Sync
- If the TV audio is out of sync with the video. you can adjust the audio delay (lip sync) in your room’s settings. Learn more
- Group Audio Delay
- If you notice audio issues when playing to a group, you\ can adjust this setting. Learn more
- TV Autoplay-if music or other content is playing when you tum on your TV. the audio auromatically switches to TV audio (default). If you don’t want this to happen. turn off TV Autoplay in your room’s settings.
- Ungroup on Autoplay-if your home theater speaker is grouped with other products when you tum on the lV. it auto matical ly drops from the group (default). If you don’t want this to happen. tum off Ungroup on Autoplay in your room’s settings.
- Speech enhancement
- Makes TV dialog easier to hear. Learn more
- Night sound
- Enhances quiet sounds and reduces the intensity of loud sounds. Tum on to reduce the volume while still experiencing proper balance and range. Learn more
- Use IR
- Allow an IR remote to contra I So nos
- Remote Con1Tol Setup
- During setup. your’l pro gram a re mote control. You can program a different remote control any time. Learn more
Set up surround speakers
It’s easy to turn in two Sanos speakers (same model). or a So nos Amp and your favorite non-So nos speakers, in to the separate right and left channels for your home theater.
- Place each surround speaker about 1 Oft from your favorite listening position. angling them toward the seating area.
- Go top> System
- Select a room with a soundbar and choose Add Surrounds to get started.
Note: If you group the rooms or create a stereo pair instead. you won’t have surround sound.
Surround audio settings
During setup. surround sound is optimized for your room. These se ttings are adjustable
- Turn surround sound On or Off
- TV Level
- Adjust surround volume for TV audio
- Music Level
- Adjust surround volume for music.
- Music Playback
- Ambient (subtitle) or Full (loud er. full range). Doesn’t apply to Dolby Atmas Music playback.
Every room is different. True play tuning measures how sound reflects off walls, furnishings, and other surfaces in a room. then fine-tunes your Sanos speaker to make sure it sounds great no matter where you’ve placed it. T rump lay works on iOS mobile devices running IOS 8 or later. During tuning. you’ll move around the room holding your mobile device.
- Select > System. and pick the room you want to tune.
- Choose True play Tuning to get started
Note: Trueplay tuning isn’t available if VoiceOver is enabled on your iOS device Turn Voice Over off in your device settings before tuning your speakers
- Portable Sanos products like So nos Roam and M ave can tune themselves automatically. Auto True play uses your speaker’s microphone bJ detect the environment and make periodic tuning adjustments so you get great sound wherever your speaker is and whatever you’re Ii stening to.
- Go to >System. and select your portable speaker to turn on auto Trueplay
Find the perfect accessory for your Sanos syste m-tai lo red to p erfectty fit your So nos products. For a full selection of Sanos-compatible stands. wall mounts, chargers and cables. see Accessories on our website.
Use the Ray wall mount kit (sold separately, available at sonos com). It’s designed for mounting on a flat wall.
- Leave enough space between Ray and your 1V so you can reach Ray’s rouch controls.
- For best sound quality, keep both ends of Ray at least 1′ (30cm) from a wall or other obstruction.
Mount kit contents
- Wall mount bracket
- 2 shor t attachment screws
- 2 wall anchors
- 2 wall screws
What you’ll need
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- Power drill (if needed for installation location)
- Measurement tool
- Stud finder (optional)
Wall mount/Use wall anchors/Use screws
- Wood stud 1/8″ / 3mm bit No Yes
- Drywall (no stud) 5/16″ / 8mm bit Yes Yes
- Hard wallboard or double 5/16″ / 8mm bit Yes Yes
- board 5/16″ / 8mm bit Yes Yes
- Plaster 5/16″ / 8mm bit Yes Yes
- Concrete or brick 5/16″ / 8mm bit Yes Yes
Set it up
- If your TV is wall-mounted, align the top edge of the bracket with the bottom of your 1V, leaving at least 2 .5 inches ( mm) between them.
- Mark the screw locati ans and re move the bracket.
- If you’re using wall anchors, use a 5/16″ drill bit to drill pilot holes, starting with the hole on the left. Then insert the wall anchors. Don’t use wall anchors if you’re d ri Iii ng into wood or plastic. See Wall mounting information.
- Position the wall mount bracket over the screw locations, using a level to confirm accuracy. Use a Phillips-head screwdriver or a power drill to screw the bracket to the wall, making sure the center notch is pointing up.
- Using a Phillips head screwdriver. fasten the 2 attachment screws bJ the back of the sound bar. making sure they are fully tightened
- Remove the protective cap from the optical cable, then connect the power and o pti ca I cab le s to the back of the soundbar.
- Slide the soundbar down so the attachment screws fit into the slots on the wall bracket. Make sure the to such contra is are facing up and Sanos Ray is fully seated.
- Amplifiers Four Class-O digital amplifiers.
- Woofers Two full-range woofers ensure you’ll hear the faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies plus deep, rich bass.
- Tweeters Two tweeters create a crisp and clear high-frequency response.
- Audio ports Two micro ports with proprietary anti-disrortion technology.
- Adjustable EQ Use the Sanos app to adjust bass, treble, and loudness
- Sonos S2 Set up and control with the latest gen eration of the Sanos app
- AppleAirPlay 2 Works with AirPlay 2 on apples devices iOS 11 .4 and higher.
- Trueplay Dynamically tunes the speaker to the unique acoustics of the room or area (iOS device required).
- Speech enhancement Turn on this home theater setting in the So nos app to make TV dialogue even clearer.
- Night sound Turn on this home theater setting to reduce the intensity of loud TV sound effects.
- System requirements TV swith optical digital audio output, broadband internet. and the So nos app.
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.79×22.00 x3.74 in(71 x559x95mm
- Colors Black. white
- Finish Matte
- Weight 4 .29 lb (1.95 kg)
- Speaker status light Displays the speaker’s connection to wiFi. indicates when the volume is muted. and signal is errors
- Operating temperature 32°F to 104° F (0 ° C to 40° C)
- Storage temperature -4°F to 122° F (-20° C bJ 50 ° C)
- Control Use your IR (infrared-enabled) 1V remote control. rouch control is or the Sonos app.
- CPU Quad Core: 1.4 GHzA-53
- Memory 1 GB SORAM: 4GB NV
- Mounting M 5 threaded mounting socket
POWER & CONNECTIVITY
- Power suppfv Auto-switching 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz2.0A AC universal input
- Wifi Connects to WiFi network with any 802.11b/g/n,24 GHz broadcast-capable router
- Optical Use the included optical cable to connect the sound bar to your TV’s op tical digital audio output.
- E1hernet One part for ha rdwi ring to your router (o pti anal).
- Infrared receiver Syncs with your1V remote for streamlined control
- Supported devices Connects to TV with optical cable. Plays sources connected to the TV. including cab le boxes and game consoles.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Important safety information
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Fallow a instructions.
- Do not use this apparatus near water.
- Clean onty with dry soft cloth. Household cleaners or solvents can damage the finish of your Sanos products.
- Do not b lock any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus that produce heat
- Protect the power cable from being walked on or pinched. particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- Only use attach ments/accessories specified by the manufacturer
- Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- This product does not have any user-serviceable parts. Do not open or disassemble or attempt to repair it or replace any components. Refer all servicing to So nos qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such as a power-supply cable or plug is damaged. liquid has been spi lied o r objects have fallen into the apparatus. the appa ratus has be to rain or moisrure. do es not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- The Mains plug should be readily available to disconnect the equipment.
- Warning: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock. do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
- Do not e:,q:Jose apparatus to dripping or splashing and do not place objects filled with liquids. such as vases, on the apparatus.
Documents / Resources
|Ray 616RAYBK wireless music system with Apple AirPlay® 2 (Black) [pdf] Installation Guide|
616RAYBK wireless music system with Apple AirPlay 2 Black, 616RAYBK, wireless music, wireless music system with Apple AirPlay 2 Black