PARTS: The 7’ Iceberg includes:
1 – EZ-Up Platform (already attached)
1 – Repair Kit consisting of: 4 oz of Glue, 2 – 8” square, patch of each in White and Blue, 1 extra Handle and 1 extra Anchor Plate.
Make sure water depth is a minimum of 9 feet deep.
There should also be a minimum of 16 feet clearance all around the unit.
RECOMMENDED MAXIMUM WEIGHT: 900 lbs.
RECOMMENDED NO. OF PEOPLE: 1- 4
RECOMMENDED WATER DEPTH: 9 Feet
RECOMMENDED AGES: 14+
PARTS: The Iceberg includes:
1 – Repair Kit consisting of: 4 oz of Glue, 2 – 8” square, patch of each in White and Blue, 1 extra handle and 1 extra Anchor Plate.
Make sure water depth is a minimum of 12 feet deep.
There should also be a minimum of 16 feet clearance all around the unit.
RECOMMENDED MAXIMUM WEIGHT: 1,500 lbs
RECOMMENDED NO. OF PEOPLE: 1- 8
RECOMMENDED WATER DEPTH: 12 Feet
RECOMMENDED AGES: 14 +
SET UP AND SUPERVISION MUST BE DONE BY A MATURE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE ADULT!
You can use the following devices to inflate the Product:
Electric Inflator/Deflator (household current). RAVE recommends the High Speed Inflator/Deflator, item #01083.
CAUTION: Use extreme care when using an electric inflator anywhere near water. Beware of the dangers of electrocution when using electric powered inflators. Precautions should be observed during use and handling to prevent shock.
DO NOT inflate with an air compressor or other high pressure pump!! This unit is designed to be inflated with a high volume of air but at a low pressure. Use of an air compressor will void your warranty!
DO NOT allow children to play with the product until it is fully inflated!!
Halkey Roberts Valve:
To lock open valve, depress the stem and rotate ¼ turn clockwise. To close valve, depress the stem and rotate ¼ turn counter-clockwise. The valve stem should be in the depressed position while inflating. Replace the cap on valve after inflation to ensure air tight seal.
A special inflation adaptor is included with this product. If you are using the RAVE Sports High Speed Inflator (Item #01083), simply lock the adaptor onto the end of the inflation hose and insert into the valve body. Turn ¼ turn to lock in place.
NOTE: This inflation adaptor will automatically open the valve when inserted and will close the valve when removed. You do not need to manually open/close the valve when using this special adaptor.
If you will be using another inflation device with a larger nozzle, use the 1 ¼” diameter coupler (included) between the valve adaptor and the hose of your inflator. Make sure the hose is attached to the blower port of the vacuum for inflation. Insert the adapter into the air valve and lock into place by turning clockwise.
Due to extreme varieties of conditions, anchor line and anchors are not included with the product and must be purchased separately.
Attach the anchor line (not included) securely to the Anchor Ring(s) on the bottom of the product. The number of anchor attachment points will vary per model.
Please Note: There are many ways to anchor your products. Before moving forward, it is best to consult your local regulations regarding what types of anchors can be used in your area. Every location has different conditions and demands, so you will have to determine what will work best for your situation. Here are a few anchoring tips to get you started.
- Nylon rope holds up the best in water and sun. Lines do eventually wear out, so it’s important to check them periodically.
- Choose a location that is most protected from the wind, of sufficient water depth and free of obstructions a safe distance in all directions.
- A minimum of 150-200 lbs. of anchor weight per anchor point is recommended for most applications; however, larger products on larger bodies of water may require more.
- Bell anchors are not typically recommended since they are easily dragged, especially on flat, sandy bottoms. Screw-type or more permanent toggle-type anchors may be necessary in more extreme conditions.
- Attaching a heavy duty shock cord to the anchor line is recommended to help absorb vertical movements of the product due to waves and normal use. An Anchor Connecting System (part # 01024) is available through RAVE Sports and does include this heavy duty shock cord.
- Adjust length of anchor line so that it is approximately 1-2 ft. longer than the depth of the water. The RAVE Sports anchor connector shock cord will provide 2-3 ft. of stretch to absorb waves and any vertical motion. NOTE: More slack in the anchor line may improve anchor holding performance, but too much slack may allow the product to flip over in strong winds. For best results, maximize your anchor holding power via more weight or a different type of anchor and minimize your anchor line length.
A forsheda (amortisator) or a bungee harness can be used to decrease the stress on the anchor rope, anchor plates and the product.
Mark line by attaching a buoy or other float to the end of your anchor line when not in use. You’ll find it easier to identify the location of your anchor.
Anchoring a stainless steel snap hook to the buoy simplifies the process of removing your product from the water for cleaning or repair. It also makes it simple to return your product to its previous location.
EZ Up Platform 7’ Iceberg
Line up the EZ Up to the product by placing both units against each other and lining up the loops on each side. Unit must be on level ground to attach. It may be easier to attach to the unit before inflating.
Thread the tube through the loops. Then thread the included string through the PVC tube and caps. Attach tube caps and tie the string on either end of the tube cap leaving approximately 3” to 4” of excess on both sides. Cut off any remaining excess.
PRIOR TO DEFLATION, REMOVE ALL CHILDREN FROM THE UNIT!
Use one of the Inflator/Deflator devices recommended in the “Inflation” Section for faster deflation.
Halkey Roberts Valve- Unscrew the cap by twisting counterclockwise to expose the air valve stem. Open the air valve by pushing in the stem and rotating clockwise. Allow air to escape. Pushing on the stem and rotating counterclockwise will seal the valve. Replace cap making sure it is tightened securely.
Completely Dry Unit- Wipe the product off with a terry cloth towel and allow drying completely. , Than store for next use. See Storage Section for details.
Maintenance is essential to increase the life of your product. Please follow all maintenance and repairs according to this manual. If you are unsure please contact your local dealer, service center or RAVE Sports directly.
- Inspect product regularly for potentially unsafe conditions, particularly after storms, and suspected misuse of product.
- Do not use product if repair is needed!
- Clean product regularly per the Cleaning section of manual.
- Check storage area. Make sure it’s dry and Rodent Free.
- Black rubber portion of Valves and Plugs should be lightly coated with a petroleum based product before storage to prevent drying and cracking.
- When disposing of product do so in such a manner that no hazardous conditions exist at the time the product is discarded.
If your inflatable is used intensively, then it should be cleaned on a weekly basis. It is also important to clean and dry the product before it is packed away.
When cleaning your product never use strong detergents or silicone-based products. Also never use high pressure cleaning equipment such as a “pressure washer”. This will result in damage to your product.
Clean the outside surface only.
Clean your inflatable with mild soap and fresh water and check that the valves are clean and not damaged.
RAVE recommends the use of U.V. protectant for prolonging the life of your inflatable. To remove algae and other hazards from the ocean, you can use a special cleaning agent from your local marina. Follow the directions carefully.
All hardware (O-rings, springs, and such) should be rinsed with fresh water weekly. Although normal wear and tear is unavoidable, this will increase the life of your product.
When storing your inflatable, keep it in a clean and dry place that is not affected by major variations in temperatures and other damaging factors. You can store your inflatable deflated and rolled up or lightly inflated. Be careful never to stack anything on top of inflatable. It is recommended that you allow the unit to completely dry and lubricate the rubber on the valves with a petroleum based product t before storage.
Please note: rodents, such as mice, chew on fabric, including inflatable material. As a precaution you can place moth balls or fabric softener sheets around the products during storage to deter them.
All of the inflatable products include a repair kit. You can easily repair minor punctures and cuts and even anchor plates or handles.
Conditions necessary for a successful repair are:
- Relative humidity less than 65%.
- Temperature Range between 62° – 77° F.
- Avoid performing repairs in direct sunlight or rain.
Step 1- Locate the damaged area. The easiest way is to fully inflate the product and listen for the leak, or to spray with soapy water and look for bubbles. Mark the damaged area with a crayon or wax pencil and deflate the product.
Step 2- Cut out a patch approximately 2 inches larger than the leak. Clean the damaged part of the product and patch and allow drying thoroughly.
TIP: It is a good idea to always use a circle or rectangle patch with rounded corners. Pointed corners tend to pull off.
Step 3- Next clean the area and the patch with alcohol, grease remover, or fingernail polish remover and allow drying thoroughly.
Step 4- Apply glue in a very thin layer to the patch and then to the area of the leak. Let the glue stand until tacky, usually 30 seconds – 1 minute.
TIP: Place glue on the dull side of the patch and to the shinny side of the unit. Then when you apply the patch it will match.
TIP: Use a short brush (just cut the length off) as this digs into the material better to spread the glue. Also try to use a brush with real hair instead of synthetic.
Step 5- Place the patch over the leak
Step 6- Press out the air pockets which may have formed under the patch. You can use any round object, such as a spoon, starting in the center and then working outwards toward the edges. You can keep the repair “tight” by clamping together with spring pliers.
Step 7- Allow repair to cure for 24 hours before re-inflating.
Step 8- Inflate the repaired product.
TIP: It is a good idea to check again for leaks. If you have multiple leaks, the air will rush out of a larger hole before a smaller one.
CAUTION: When using glue, remove unused glue from threads of tube and cap and carefully replace the cap on the tube. If properly sealed it will keep perfectly.
- Do not leave the tube in the sun or next to heat sources or direct flames.
- Check that the room is properly ventilated, avoid inhaling or ingesting the glue and avoid contact with skin.
- For major repairs, take your product to your local dealer or manufacturer.
- THIS IS NOT A LIFESAVING OR PERSONAL FLOTATION DEVICE. DO NOT LEAVE CHILD UNATTENDED WHILE IN USE!
- ALWAYS USE A U.S. COAST GUARD APPROVED (PERSONAL FLOATATION DEVICE) VEST FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS!
- ALWAYS ANCHOR THE INFLATABLE SECURELY BEFORE USE!
- ALWAYS INSPECT AREA FOR RECOMMENDED WATER DEPTH BEFORE USE!
- ALWAYS KEEP A MINIMUM OF 16 FEET (4.88 METERS) DISTANCE FROM ALL OTHER OBJECTS INCLUDING DOCKS, PLATFORMS, BOATS AND PIER!
- ALWAYS KEEP A MINIMUM WATER DEPTH (SEE PRODUCT PAGE FOR DEPTH) UNDER UNIT WHILE IN USE!
- THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY FOR THE USE IN THE WATER! NEVER LEAVE IN OR NEAR WATER WHEN NOT IN USE!
- THIS PRODUCT SHOULD ONLY BE USED UNDER MATURE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE ADULT SUPERVISION AT ALL TIMES!
- ALWAYS RETAIN INSTRUCTIONS WITH INFLATABLE!
- ALWAYS INSPECT PRODUCT AND AREA FOR PROPER INFLATION ANY UNSAFE CONDITIONS BEFORE USE! DO NOT USE IF REPAIR IS NEEDED!
- ALWAYS INSTRUCT CHILDREN IN PROPER USE!
- ALWAYS STAY IN CONTROL AND NO WILD PLAYING WHILE USING THE INFLATABLE!
- ALWAYS REMOVE ANY SHARP OBJECTS SUCH AS A WATCH OR CHAIN BEFORE USING!
- DO NOT USE IN BAD WEATHER, STRONG CURRENTS, OR DARKNESS!
- DO NOT MODIFY PRODUCT UNLESS INSTRUCTED BY MANUFACTURER!
- DO NOT DIVE OFF THE INFLATABLE!
- DO NOT ALLOW SWIMMING UNDER THE UNIT WHILE IN USE!
- DO NOT USE ON SNOW OR TOW BEHIND A VEHICLE!
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ATTACH A MOTOR TO UNIT!
- DO NOT USE WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS!
- DO NOT USE NEAR FIRE!
- DO NOT ALLOW ROUGH PLAY!
- DO NOT PUT HANDS, ARMS, LEGS OR FEET THROUGH THE GAPS BETWEEN INFLATED CHAMBERS OR HANDLES!
- DO NOT ATTACH OR STRAP ANY PERSON OR ANIMAL TO THE INFLATABLE!
- WE CANNOT GUARANTEE FREEDOM FROM INJURY. THE USER ASSUMES ALL RISK OF INJURY DUE TO USE. ALL MERCHANDISE IS SOLD ON THIS CONDITION, WHICH NO REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY CAN WAIVER OR CHANGE.
- IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OWNER OF THE PRODUCT TO MAKE SURE SUBSEQUENT USERS ARE INSTRUCTED IN THE SAFE USE OF THIS PRODUCT!
- IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ OWNERS MANUAL COMPLETELY BEFORE USE. READ AND MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ALL WARNINGS BEFORE USE!
Documents / Resources
|RAVE Iceberg [pdf] Owner's Manual|