R-TEC Smart Controls – Wall Box Mount Switch
Wall Box Mount Switch in cut in configuration provides a sensible control option for individual room and whole home window treatment control.
Available in 15 channel model, wall switches are compatible with all ARC motors.
Cut in wall switches feature a contemporary design and a wirefree deployment, making them retrofit ready for any location.
FEATURES – 15 CHANNEL
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
TECHNICAL DATA / PACK CONTENTS
|Voltage||3 V DC|
|Battery||2 x AAA|
|Radio Frequency||433.92 MHz|
|Transmitting Power||10 milliwatt|
|Temperature Working Range||14º F – 122º F (-10º C – 50º C)|
- Wall Box Mount Switch, 15 Channel
- Wall Fixing Screws (2) and Anchors (2)
- Instruction Manual
- 1.5 V AAA Batteries (2)
- White Single Gang Decorator Style Wall Plate with Mounting Screws (2)
Any changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. Incorrect installation can lead to serious injury and will void manufacturer’s liability and warranty.
- Do not expose to moisture or extreme temperatures.
- Do not allow children to play with this device.
- Use or modification outside the scope of this instruction manual will void warranty.
- Installation and programming to be performed by a suitably qualified installer.
- Use only R-TEC Automation® hardware.
- Keep clear when in operation.
- Replace battery with correctly specified type.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS TO BE READ PRIOR TO OPERATION
- It is important for the safety of persons to follow the enclosed instructions. Save these instructions for future reference.
- Persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge should not be allowed to use this product.
- Frequently inspect for improper operation. Do not use if repair or adjustment is necessary.
- Keep away from children.
INSTALL SWITCH BATTERIES
Replace cover by sliding into place.
Use supplied fasteners and anchors as needed to attach base.
SELECTING A CHANNEL
Please refer to the relevant documentation of your motor model for instructions on adjusting motor settings.
GROUP CONTROL USING CH “0”
Channel “0” is preset to control ALL window treatments paired within your multi channel switch. To create a customized group channel, reference page 9.
HIDE UNUSED CHANNELS
Your multi channel switch can be configured to have anywhere between 1 or 15 visible channels. Inactive channels will not be visible when scrolling through the < > selections.
LOCK LIMIT SETTING
The 15 channel switch uses the LCD screen to notify the user when the lock feature has been activated.
USING MOTOR P1 BUTTON
Multiple motors can be grouped onto shared channels for coordinated control.
- Confirm that motor limits and favorite position are already set for each individual motor.
- Ensure that each motor you want to group is also assigned to another channel by itself.
USING PRE-EXISTING CONTROLLER
A = Existing switch or channel (to keep). B = Switch or channel to add or remove.
|Motor is not responding||Switch battery is discharged||Replace battery.|
|Battery is inserted incorrectly||Check battery polarity.|
|Radio interference / Shielding||Ensure switch is positioned away from metal objects and that aerial on motor or receiver is kept straight and away from metal.|
|Receiver distance is too far from switch||Move switch to a closer position.|
|Power failure||Check power supply to motor is connected and active.|
|Incorrect wiring||Check wiring is connected correctly (refer to motor installation instructions).|
|Cannot set limits on a single motor (multiple motors respond)||Using “Group” channels to
adjust motor limits
Red LED is solid
|Check wiring is connected correctly (refer to motor installation instructions).|
|SYSTEM BEST PRACTICE – Provide an extra 15 channel switch in your multi motor projects, that provides individual control for each motor for programming purposes.|
Contact our R-TEC Automation® in-house experts at 866.985.3423. Email us at [email protected].
© 2021 Rowley® Company. All rights reserved. R-TEC Automation® is a registered trademark of the Rowley® Company, LLC.
Do no dispose of in general waste.
Please recycle batteries and damaged electrical products appropriately.