Quest 35280 Stainless Steel Slow cooker
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY WARNING: TO AVOID THE RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK, ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE PRODUCT IS UNPLUGGED FROM THE ELECTRICAL OUTLET BEFORE ASSEMBLING, DISASSEMBLING, RELOCATING, SERVICING, OR CLEANING.
WHEN USING THE SLOw COOKER, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
- Read all the instructions before use.
- To protect against the risk of electrical shock do not put base in water or in any other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when appliance Is used near children.
- NEVER ALLOW A CHILD TO USE THIS PRODUCT.
- Unplug from the socket when not in use, before putting on or taking off attachments, and before cleaning.
- The use of attachments or fools not recommended by the Supplier may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do nof let the power cord hang over the edge of the fable or kitchen countertop. keep it away from any hot Surfaces.
- KEEP YOUR APPLIANCE AWAY FROM ANY HOT PLATES, BURNERS, AND HEATED OVENS.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving the slow cooker when it contains hot food, water, or other hot liquids.
- Do not use the slow cooker other than for ifs intended use
- Do not switch on the slow cooker if the ceramic is empty.
- Allow lid and ceramic pot to cool down first before cleaning with Water.
- Never touch the outer enclosure of the slow cooker during its operation or before if cools. Use the handles or dials. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use oven gloves or a cloth when removing id or handling contenīs.
- Never cook directly in the base unit. Use the ceramic pot
- Do not use a ceramic pot or glass lid if cracked or chipped.
- Do not leave the slow cooker connected to the socket Ouflet when not in use.
- Do not switch on the slow cooker when it is upside down or laid on its side.
- The glass lid and ceramic pot are fragile. Handle them with Care
- The appliance must not be immersed in water.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concening use of the appliance Dy a person responsible for their safety
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play With the appliance.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a special cord or assembly available from the manufacturer or its service agent.
- Ensure that the voltage of the socket that you plug into corresponds with the voltage on the rating plate of this appliance.
USING FOR FIRST TIME
BEFORE USING THE SLOW COOKER FOR THE FIRST TIME:
Remove all packaging materials, labels and tags from the product. Wash the ceramic pot and glass lid in hot soapy water with a sponge or a dish cloth, rinse thoroughly and dry.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT IMMERSE THE SLOW COOKER BASE IN WATER.
NOTE: DURING INITIAL USE YOU MAY NOTICE A SLIGHT ODOR DUE TO THE BURNING OFF OF MANUFACTURING RESIDUES. THIS IS COMPLETELY NORMAL AND WILL DISAPPEAR AFTER USING THE UNIT FOR SOME TIME.
LOW SETTING: Low setting is recommended for cooking foods with low liquid density.
HIGH SETTING: The high setting is recommended for cooking foods with high liquid content and for meats, beans, and grains
WARM SETTING: Keep food warm in the slow cooker for easy serving, Food can be kept Warm for up to 4 hours. Extended periods may result in altering the flavor of the food and Over-drying the food
HOW TO USE
- Place the base on a dry, level, heat-resistant surface, away from the edge of the work Surface. Do not use on the floor.
- PIace food and other ingredients into the ceramic pot, and place the pot into the Dase. Cover with the glass licd. If you need to pre-cook or brown foods prior to slow coOking, this must be done in a pan. Do not try to brown or pre-cook food in the slow cooker.
- Set the control dial fo the OFF position before plugging the unit into the mains socket.
- Switch off and unplug the slow cooker after cooking and remove the crock pot using Oven gives.
CAUTION: BE CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH THE BASE UNIT AFTER cooKING AS IT REMAINS HOT
ABOUT SLOw cOOKING
- Slow cooking has always been the best way to prepare a nutritious hot meal with minimum preparation and maximum free time away from the kitchen.
- Traditionally slow cooking has centered on soups and casseroles but with this ceramic pot, you can also produce most modern family meals and dinner party dishes. This pot is convenient as well as looking good enough to take straight to the table for serving
- Always place the ceramic pot on a heatproof mat or surface)
- This method of cooking is ideal for preparing tougher cuts of meat, giving them the long, gentle simmering that ensures that they become tender and full of flavor
SUITABLE FOODS FOR SLOW COKING & preparation: MOST FOODs ARE SUITED TO SLOW COoKING METHODS; HOWEVER THERE ARE
A FEW GUIDELINES THAT NEED TO BE FOLLOWED.
- Cut root vegetables into small, even pieces, as they take longer to cook than meat.
- They should be gently sautéed for 2-3 minutes before slow cooking. Ensure that root vegetables are always placed at the bottom of the pot and all ingredients are immersed in the cooking liquid.
- Trim all excess fat from meat before cooking, since the slow cooking method does not allow fat to evaporate
- If adapting an existing recipe from conventional cooking, you may need to cut down on the amount of liquid used. The liquid will not evaporate from the slow cooker to the same extent as with conventional cooking.
- Never leave uncooked food at room temperature in the slow cooker.
- Do not use the slow cooker to reheat food.
- Uncooked red beans must be soaked and boiled for at least 10 minutes to remove foxins before use in a slow cooker.
- Authentic stoneware is fired at high temperatures, therefore the ceramic pot may have minor surface blemishes and the glass id may rock slightly due to these imperfections.
- Low heat cooking does not produce steam so there will be little heat loss. Due to normal wear and tear through the products life, the outer surface may start appearing “crazed”
- Do not put the ceramic pot or glass lid in an oven, freezer, or microwave or on a gas/electrical hob.
- Do not subject the ceramic pot to sudden changes in temperature. Adding cold water to a very hot pot could cause if to crack.
- Do not allow the pot fo stand in water for a long time [YoU can leave water in the pot to soak).
- There is an area on the base of the ceramic pot that has to remain unglazed for manufacturing purposes. This unglazed area is porous and will soak up water when immersed in it. This should be avoided,
- Do not switch the cooker on when the ceramic pot is empty or out of the base.
TIPS FOR SLOW COOKING
- The slow cooker pot must be af least half full for best results.
- SIow cooking retains moisture, If you wish to reduce moisture in the cooker, remove the
- lid after cooking and turn the control to high (if set to low or warm), and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- The lid is not a sealed fit. Don’t remove unnecessarily as the built-up heat will escape.
- Each time you remove the lid, allow an additional 10 minutes to the cooking time
- If cooking soups, leave a 5 cm space between the top of the cooking pot and the food surface to allow simmering.
- Many recipes demand all-day cooking, if you do not have time to prepare food that morning prepare it the night before and store the food in a covered container in the refrigerator. Transfer the food to the ceramic pot and add liquid/gravy., Select the setting low, high, or arm.
- Some ingredients are not suitable for slow cooking. Pasta, seafood, milk, and cream should be added towards the end of the cooking time. Many things can affect how quickly a recipe will cook, water and fat content, the initial temperature of the food and the size of the food.
- Food cut into small pieces will Cook more quickly. A degree of ‘trial and error will be required to fully optimize the potential of yOur slow cooker.
- Root vegetables usually take longer to cook than meat, so try and arrange vegetables in the lower half of the pot
- Food cut into small pieces will cook more quickly. A degree of tricl and error will be required to fully optimize the potential of your slow cooker.
- After food is cooked, switch the cooker off and leave covered with the lid. There will be enough heat in the ceramic pot to keep warm for 30 minutes. If you require longer to keep warm swifch fo the low setting.
- All food may be covered with a liquid, gravy or sauce. In a separate pan or jug prepare your liquid, gravy or sauce and completely cover the food in the ceramic pot.
- Pre-browning meat and onions in a pan to seal in the juices also reduces the fat content before adding to the ceramic pot. This improves the flavor but is not necessary if time is limited.
- When cooking joints of meat, ham, and poultry etc the size and shape of the joint is important. Try to keep the joint in the lower 2/3 of the pot and fully cover with water. if necessary cut in twO pieces Joint weight should be kept within the maximum limit.
Always make sure the slow cooker is unplugged and in the OFF position before storing away or cleaning. Make sure the unit has cooled down completely before cleaning.
- The stoneware insert is dishwasher safe or can also be cleaned with warm soapy water. To remove any foods that have been cooked onto the bottom of the pot, simply soak Overnight in soapy water and rinse the next day.
- The exterior of the slow cooker can be wiped with a damp cloth and dried. DO NOT use harsh abrasive cleaner or scouring pad to clean any part of the slow cooker as this will damage the surface.
WARNING: NEVER SUBMERGE THE ENTIRE sLOW COOKER INTO WATER OR ANY OTHER LIQUID OR THIS WILL DAMAGE THE SLOW COOKER.
- This appliance has been fifed with a BS UK compliant plug which should nof be replaced or removed
- The plug is fitted with UK compliant fuse link which is suitable for this type of appliance and should only be replaced by a fuse link of the same rating
- If access to the fuse ink is only possible by removing the plug cover this must only be done by a suitably qualified person
- If the plug or the mains cable of this appliance is damaged do nof use and dispose of the appliance responsibly.
- This appliance is earthed.
Documents / Resources
|Quest 35280 Stainless Steel Slow cooker [pdf] User Manual|
35280, Stainless Steel Slow cooker, Slow cooker, 35280, cooker