E0021: Barbados ceramic heater
This is not a toy. Children should not be left unattended with the product. NEVER cover the heater when in use OR cooling down. This is an electric heater and will get hot, you MUST always take care when the product is in use as any surface could become hot.
General and Safety Instructions
- Please keep these instructions, the sales receipt and, if possible, the carton with the inner packaging.
This product is not intended to be used by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning the use of the product by a person that is responsible for their safety.
- By ignoring the safety instructions the manufacturer can not be hold responsible for any damage or injury caused by the product.
- To protect children against the dangers of electrical appliances, please make sure that you never leave the product unattended. Therefore you have to select a storage place for the product where children are not able to grab it and ensure the cable is not hanging in a downward position.
- The product must be placed on a stable, level surface, never mount on a wall.
- Make sure that the product is stored in a dry environment.
- Do not use the heater in a wet environment, such as bathroom or kitchen or touch the plug or operate it with wet hands.
- The user must not leave the product unattended while it is connected to the power supply.
- Make sure the voltage which is indicated on the device matches the local voltage and put the power cable into the socket.
- This product complies with all standards regarding electromagnetic fields (EMF). If handled properly and according to the instructions in this user manual, the product is safe to use based on scientific evidence available today.
- Never move the product by pulling the cord and make sure the cord can not become entangled.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, a service agent or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid a hazard and invalidate your warranty. Never use the kettle with a damaged cord.
- Do not use outdoors, or on long pile carpets or any purpose other than its intended use.
- This product gets hot during use and takes time to cool down. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- Do not allow moisture or dust to enter the heater.
- Keep the heater away from any flammable object and ensure that it has at least 50 cm clearance around the heater, and 120 cm clearance right before the air outlet.
- Note: To avoid danger by accidental resetting the thermal protection, this product may not be powered through an external switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that regularly will be switched on or off.
- Do not use this product in the bathroom or near a sink filled with water. If this product has fallen into the water do not under no
circumstances directly grab this product, but first pull the plug from the socket.
- Make sure that the cord does not touch any hot surfaces or is coming directly into contact with the hot parts of the product. Do not place the product underneath or close to curtains, window coverings etc.
- Children shall not play with the product, even when not turned on.
- When in use keep away from other heat sources, plugs, flammable and explosive objects.
- Keep the product and its cord out of reach of children less than 8 years.
- If the heater overheats, turn the heater off, unplug and allow to cool down at least 10 minutes before turning back on.
- During use, any area of the heater may get hot. Be careful when handling the heater at all times.
- NEVER cover the heater with anything when in use as this could cause overheating or fire.
- Always ensure there is no object inside, in front of or obstructing the air inlet or outlet as this can cause damage and failure.
- The heater has an overheat safety cut out which means , if the heater gets too hot it cuts out automatically. NEVER rely on this cutout switch to turn the heater off when it is not required. Always turn the heater off when not in use.
Care and Maintenance
- • Always disconnect the heater before cleaning or maintenance and to allow to cool down before proceeding.
- If the heater gets dirty, the exterior of the heater should be cleaned.
- The air inlet and outlet should be cleaned regularly (at least twice a year under normal use).
- Do not use detergents, abrasive cleaning liquids or chemicals to clean this heater.
- In the unlikely event of a warranty claim, you must contact your retailer.
- Take the product to your retailer that you purchased it from along with your proof of purchase and explain the issue with the retailer.
- The retailer will then check the product and get in touch with the wholesaler or manufacturer.
- The retailer will keep you informed of the progress of the claim.
- The wholesaler or manufacturer will not (unless under special circumstances) get in touch with you as all information will be passed back directly to the retailer.
- This product comes with a full 12 month manufacturers defect warranty and covers any manufacturers defects for one (1) year from the date of the original purchase. It does not cover any damage occurred though:
- The product falling or being dropped.
- The product has been technically changed by the owner or another third party
- Improper use of the product and normal wear and tear.
- The affected part will be replaced or repaired (manufacturers option) if they are found to be defective within the one (1) year time frame.
- The warranty will be void if the product has been subject to neglect, misuse, improper installation, misapplication, alteration or accident including, but not limited to, improper installation, maintenance or use of unauthorised parts or attachments.
- Damage caused by not following the instruction manual in full will invalidate the warranty, if this results in consequential damages, Quest will not be liable for these damages or any costs incurred due to these damages.
- Quest will not be liable for material damage or personal injury caused by improper use or if the safety instructions are not properly executed in full.
- All claims must be made though the retailer you purchased the product from and not direct with the wholesaler or manufacturer.
- Warranty claims cannot be honoured without an original dated receipt and or proof of purchase.
- By executing repairs the original warranty period of (1) one year will not be extended, nor the right to a complied new warranty. This warranty is only legal on European soil. This warranty does not overrule the European directive 2011/83/EU.
- This product may not be amended or changed.
This appliance should not be put into the domestic garbage at the end of its durability, but must be offered at a central point for the recycling of electric and electronic domestic appliances. This symbol on the appliance, instruction manual and packaging puts your attention to this important issue. The materials used in this appliance can be recycled. By recycling used domestic appliances you contribute an important push to the protection of our environment. Ask your local authorities for information regarding the point of recollection.
The packaging is 100% recyclable, please dispose of this recyclable packaging as per your local authorities requirements.
This device is equipped with a mark according to the European Directive 2012/19/EU on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE). By ensuring that this product will be correctly processed into waste, it will help prevent possible negative consequences for the environment and human health. EC declaration of conformity
This device is designed, manufactured and marketed in accordance with the safety objectives of the Low Voltage Directive “No 2006/95/EC”, the protection requirements of the EMC Directive 2004/108/EC “Electromagnetic Compatibility” and the requirement of Directive 93/68/EEC.
Heat Source: Ceramic Plates
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Size: 14 x 10 x 12 cm*
Weight: 0.6 kg*
The manufacturer reserves the right to change the products characteristics without prior notice.
This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes though out the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote sustainable reuse of material resources.
To return your used product, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer from where the product was purchased.
* All sizes and weights are approximateRoHSCOMPLIANT