Princess auto CLA018B Cool Living PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER
- Use this appliance only as described in this instruction manual. As with all electrical equipment while the instructions aim to cover as many eventualities as possible, caution and common sense should be applied when operating and installing this appliance.
- The air conditioning is only suitable for indoor use and is not suitable for other applications.
- Follow local grid interconnection rules while installing the air conditioning and ensure that it is properly grounded. If you have any question on electrical installation, follow the instructions of the manufacturer, and if necessary, ask a professional electrician to install it.
- Place the machine in a flat and dry place and keep at least 19 inches between the machine and the surrounding objects or walls.
- Do not use extension cords.
- After the air conditioning is installed, ensure that the power plug is intact and firmly plugged into the power outlet, and place the power cord orderly to prevent someone from being tripped or pulling out the plug.
- Do not put any object into the air inlet and outlet of the air conditioning. Keep the air inlet and outlet free from obstructions. Check regularly to ensure the inlet and outlet are free of dust, dirt or debris to prevent overheating.
- While adjusting the upper and lower wind-guide strips of the air outlet, remove it with hands gently to avoid damaging wind-guide strips.
- When moving the machine, make sure that it is in an upright position and make sure the tank has been emptied. After being moved, wait at least 1 hour before starting the appliance.
- Do not install, use or store the appliance in rooms containing gasoline, stoves, alcohol, oil, sulfur, other heat sources and pressurized containers such as aerosol cans etc.
- Do not cover the appliance with Plastic bags when in operation.
- Don’t disassemble, overhaul, or modify the machine arbitrarily, otherwise it will cause a machine malfunction or even bring harm to persons and properties. To avoid danger, if a machine failure occurs, ask the manufacturer or professionals to repair it. If the unit requires repair, contact a qualified electrician or service center for repairs. Repairs carried out by unauthorized personnel may be dangerous.
- If the power cord becomes damaged, it must be replaced by a licensed professional or service center to avoid risks.
- Do not install and use the air conditioning in the bathroom or other humid environments.
- Do not pull the plug to turn off the machine.
- Never unplug the appliance by pulling on the power cord. Grasp the plug firmly and pull to remove.
- Do not place heavy or hot objects on top of the appliance. Do not set cups or other objects on the body to prevent water or other liquids from spilling into the air conditioning.
- Do not use insecticide sprays or other flammable substances near the air conditioning.
- Do not wipe or wash the air conditioning with chemical solvents such as gasoline and alcohol. When you need to clean the air conditioning, you must always turn off and then unplug the appliance from the outlet/power supply. Clean it with a damp soft cloth. If the machine is dirty, scrub with a mild detergent.
- The appliance should be used with adult supervision. Children should not play with or around the appliance. Cleaning and maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Clean the air filter at least once a week.
- Do not use any means to accelerate the defrosting process or to clean, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not pierce or burn the appliance.
- Be aware that refrigerants may not contain an odor.
- Packaging can be recycled. Please recycle!
- At the end of the appliances working life, dispose of at a appliance recycle/specialist collection center.
- These instructions are also available on-line at www.kmswholesale.com
- No liability can be accepted for any damage caused by non compliance with these instructions or any other improper use or mishandling.
- Risk Of Fire Or Explosion. Flammable Refrigerant Used. To Be Repaired Only By Trained Service Personnel. Do Not Puncture Refrigerant Tubing.
- Risk Of Fire Or Explosion. Dispose Of Properly In Accordance With Federal Or Local Regulations. Flammable Refrigerant Used.
Features and Components
- Cooling, dehumidifier, fan function and continuous water drainage functions.
- LCD display on the control panel. The machine is beautiful and elegant. High-quality LCD remote control is equipped to facilitate operation. The remote control can be placed on the back of the body. It adopts a user-friendly remote control storage design.
- Handles on both sides adopt dividing point design, so that it is easier to carry it and the body design is more ergonomic.
- The structure of wrapping the power cord on the back facilitates users to hang the power cord without hanging it down to the ground and staining and damaging the power cord.
- Outdoor interface is set high to facilitate assembly and keep the smooth flow of the heat pipe.
- Air filtration capability.
- Timing switch function.
- If you experience loss of power the unit offers a protection function that will automatically restart the compressor after three minutes, with a variety of other protection functions.
Installation and Adjustment
Warning: before using the mobile air conditioning, keep it upright for at least 24 hours.
Warning: This unit requires a 2 person lift.The air conditioning can be easily moved in the room.
- In the moving process, ensure that the air conditioning is in the upright position and the air conditioning should be placed on a flat surface. Do not install and use the air conditioning in the bathroom or other humid environments.
- Install the heat pipe assembly (as shown in Figure 1): screw the heat pipe assembly (exhaust fitting end) into the exhaust port on the rear panel (counterclockwise).
- Install the window sealing plate assembly
- Half open the window and mount the window sealing plate assembly to the window (as shown in Figure 2 and Figure 3) the assembly can be placed in horizontal and vertical direction.
- Pull various components of the window sealing plate assembly open, adjust their opening distance to bring both ends of the assembly into contact with the window frame, and fix various components of the assembly.
- Install the body
- Move the machine with installed heat pipe and fittings before the window, and the distance between the body and walls or other objects shall be least 50 cm (as shown in Figure 4).
- Elongate the heat pipe and snap the flat end of the heat pipe joints into the elliptical holeof the window sealing plate assembly (as shown in Figure 5 and Figure 6).
Notes: 1. the flat end of the heat pipe joints must be snapped into place.
- The pipe cannot be distorted nor has substantial turning (greater than 45 °). Keep the ventilation of the heat pipe unobstructed.Important Notice The length of the exhaust hose shall be (280~1,500mm)11 – 59 Inches, and this length is based on the specifications of the air conditioning. Do not use extension tubes or replace it with other different hoses, or this may cause a malfunction. Exhaust must be unobstructed; otherwise, it may cause overheating.
- TIMER: Press TIMER button to set the unit automatically turn ON or OFF. Use the + and – buttons to program the hour increment.
- SPEED/FAN: In cooling, heating, and fan mode, press the key to select high, middle, low fan speed. This function is not available in SLEEP mode and DEHUMIDIFYING mode.
- UP: Pressing this button to increase the temperature setting or set up the timer to the required timer setting. This function is not available under FAN mode and DEHUMIDIFYING mode. Simultaneously press UP and DOWN keys to switch between Celsius (℃) and Fahrenheit (℉)
- DISPLAY WINDOW
- DOWN: Pressing this button to decrease the temperature setting or set down the timer to the required timer setting. This function is not available under FAN mode and DEHUMIDIFYING mode.
- MODE: In the case of power on, press this key to switch between cooling → fan →dry m ode.
- POWER: Press the key to turn on and turn off the unit.
Operating Instructions of the Remote Control
Operation interface of the remote control is as follows
Instructions of key operation of the high-qualityremotecontrolareas follows:
- Power: Press the key to turn on or turn off the machine.
- Mode: press the key to switch between cooling, fan only, dehumidification function.
- Up: press the key to increase temperature and timing set value.
- Down: press the key to reduce temperature and timing set value.
- Fan: press the key to select high, medium, and low wind speed output circularly.
- Timer: press the key to set timing value.
- Swing: Press the key to fix the louver in your desired position.
- press the key to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Sleep Mode: Press the key to turn on the sleep mode.
*NOTE: AAA 1.5VDC battery ( not included )
A Variety of Protection Functions
- Frost Protection Function:
In cooling, dehumidification, or economic power saving mode, if the temperature of the exhaust pipe is too low, the machine will automatically enter protection status; if the temperature of the exhaust pipe rises to a certain temperature, it can automatically revert to normal operation.
- Overflow Protection Function:
When water in the water pan exceeds the warning level, the machine will automatically sound an alarm, and the LDC temperature display area will show “FL”. At this point, you need to move the drainage pipe connecting the machine or the water outlet to sewer or other drainage area to empty the water (details see Drainage Instructions at the end of this chapter). After the water is emptied, the machine will automatically return to the original state.
- Automatic Defrosting (heating and cooling models have this function):
The machine has automatic defrosting function: during defrosting, heating symbol on the display screen will flash.
- Automatic Thermal Protection:
To protect the service life of the machine, the machine has automatic thermal protection in heating mode. During the protection period, the compressor and the lower motor will stop operation and will automatically return to normal heating state after the temperature of the machine recovers.
- Protection Function of the Compressor
To increase the service life of the compressor, it has a 3-minute delay booting protection function after the compressor is turned off.
- When the machine stops after the water is full, turn off the machine power and unplug thepower plug.
Notes: Please move the machine carefully, so as not to spill the water in the water pan at the bottom of the body.
- Place the water container below the side water outlet behind the body.
- Unscrew the rotary knob and unplug rubber stopper, the water will automatically flow intothe water container.
- Keep the rotary knob and rubber stopper in a safe place for ease of locating.
- During drainage, the body can be tilted slightly backwards.
- If the water container cannot hold all the water, before the water container is full,plug the water outlet with rubber stopper as soon as possible to prevent water fromflowing to the floor or the carpet.
- When the water is discharged, plug rubber stopper, and tighten the rotary knob.
Restart the machine after rubber stopper and rotary knob are installed, other wise condensate water of the machine will flow to the floor or the carpet.
Continuous drainage (only applicable to cooling and dehumidification mode), as shown in figure: (Drainage Pipe Inlcuded)
- Unscrew the rotary knob and unplug rubber
- Set the drainage pipe into the water outlet.
- Connect the drainage pipe to the bucket.
Note: If the internal bucket becomes full, the unit display will show “FL” and the unit will turn off as a safety feature.
Before cleaning and maintenance, turn off the machine and unplug the plug.
- Clean the surface
Clean with surface of machine with a wet soft cloth. Do not use chemicals, such as benzene, alcohol, gasoline, etc.; otherwise, the surface of the air conditioning will be damaged or even the whole machine will be damaged.
- Clean the filter screen
- If the filter screen is clogged with dust, and the effectiveness of the air conditioning is reduced, be sure to clean the filter screen once every two weeks.
- Clean the upper filter screen frame
- Clasp the wedging block of the filter screen frame with hands. Force down from the outside to remove the filter screen frame. Unscrew four screws fixing the filter screen and the rear housing to remove the EVA filter screen (as shown in the above figure).
- Put the filter screen into warm water with neutral detergent (about 40℃ / 104℉) and dry it in the shade after rinsing clean.
- Unscrew the rotary knob, unplug rubber stopper, and discharge the water in the water pan into other water containers or directly tilt the body to discharge the water into other containers.
- Turn on the machine, adjust it to low-wind ventilation mode, and maintain this state until the drainage pipe becomes dry, to keep the inside of the body in a dry state and prevent it from mildewing.
- Turn off the machine, unplug the power plug, and wrap the power cord around the wrapping post; install rubber stopper and the rotary knob.
- Remove the exhaust pipe and keep it in a safe place for ease of locating.
- Cover the air conditioning with a plastic bag. Put the air conditioning in a dry place, keep it out of the reach of children, and take dust control measures.
- Remove batteries from the remote control.
Note: Ensure that the unit is placed in a dry place and keep all machine components in a safe place for ease of locating.
Do not repair or disassemble the air conditioning by yourself. Unqualified repair will lead to failure of the warranty card and may cause damage to users or their properties.
If problems not listed in the table occur or recommended solutions do not work, please contact A professional service organization.
All the technical and specific parameters, please refer to product nameplate. Due to continuous improvement, we reserve the right to change some design without any notice.
Treatment: Don’t put the abandoned machine with other unsorted waste together. Such waste shall be placed separately for other special use.
Warranty & Information
6 MONTH LIMITED WARRANTY
To utilize the warranty, you must register your purchase within 30 days from the date of purchase. The manufacturer warrants this unit against defects in materials and workmanship on functional parts, for a period of 6 months from the original date of purchase. Your sales receipt showing the date of purchase of the product is your proof of purchase. Keep sales receipt in a safe place for future reference. this product is made with the highest quality materials and is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of purchase. This limited warranty applies to products manufactured or distributed by the manufacturer, are delivered in the continental United States, and extends to the original purchaser, or gift recipient. This warranty becomes valid at the time of purchase and terminates either by the specified time frame listed above and or owner transfer. Any refunds or monetary compensations must be claimed through the place of purchase (retailer), and not through the manufacturer. Any extended warranties (Warranties that cover above and beyond this manufacturer warranty) that are sold through a retailer or third party, are not directly correlated with this product’s limited warranty, and may be redirected to said retailer or third party for coverage. This warranty extends through the manufacturer of the product and covers functional parts only. Cosmetics are not covered, unless unequivocally determined it is a workmanship defect. Shipping damage should be addressed with the shipping company, retailer, or place of purchase, not the manufacturer unless the manufacturer was the direct
shipper. The manufacturer’s sole obligation under this warranty shall be limited to furnishing the original purchaser replacement parts for units deemed repairable by the supplier’s warranty department.
The purchaser is responsible for purchasing insurance on any parts shipped or returned if desired. The purchaser is responsible to prepay any shipping charges (both ways) including, but not limited to taxes and duties. All exchanged parts and products replaced under this warranty will become the property of the manufacturer. The manufacturer reserves the right to change manufactures of replacement parts or products for use, to cover any existing warranty. The purchaser may be asked to provide the supplier with proof of purchase documents including the date of purchase. Any evidence of alteration, erasing or forgery of proof of purchase documents will be justified cause to void this limited warranty. Products, in which the serial number has been defaced or removed, are not eligible for warranty coverage. This warranty does not apply if the unit has been subject to negligence, fabrication, misuse, abuse or repairs, alteration by non-manufacturer authorized personnel, inappropriate installations, or any case beyond the control of the manufacturer. Examples of warranty invalidation may also include, but are not limited to: Use of lacquer or paints in (and around) the unit Electrical requirement deficiencies (see manual for specific electrical requirements) Use with extension cords/timers/surge protectors/GFCI Outdoor Applications Normal wear /tear/weathering Pet / Consumer accidents
The manufacturer shall not be liable for any loss due to use (or misuse) of the unit or other incidental or consequential costs, expenses, or damage without irrefutable foundations. Under no circumstances shall the manufacturer or any of its representatives be held liable for injury to any person or damage to any property, however arising. Any implied warranty shall have duration equal of the applicable warranty stated above. Specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation. This limited warranty gives the original purchaser specific legal rights. Other rights may vary from state to state. To utilize the warranty, you must register your purchase within 30 days from the date of purchase.
Registration must be completed online at WWW.COOLLIVINGPRODUCTS.COM or complete and mail the attached registration card to:
ATTN: CUSTOMER SERVICE 811 E WATERMAN
WICHITA, KS 67202
For questions or part(s) on your Cool Living air conditioner please visit our website at WWW.COOLLIVINGPRODUCTS.COM or email CUSTOMERSERVICE@1KMS.COM If you have no online access please call 800-752-5262 X 251 For Parts, please provide the model number, copy of receipt from purchase, name/part number and a brief description of the part needed, your name and the mailing address where you would like the replacement part to be sent. If you are unable to register your warranty online at WWW.COOLLIVINGPRODUCTS.COM Please fill out and mail the attached registration card to the address listed above. Keep the rest of this information in a safe place for reference.
Documents / Resources
|princessauto CLA018B Cool Living PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER [pdf] Instruction Manual|
CLA018B Cool Living PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER, Cool Living PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER, PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER, AIR CONDITIONER, 08KR