PRAXIS M30 MTB Direct Mount Crankset
SAFETY INFORMATION – READ BEFORE RIDE
Since specific tools and experience are necessary for proper installation, it is recommended that the product be installed by a qualified bicycle technician.
Read these crank service instructions carefully before installing it. Loose, worn or damaged parts may cause riding problems and serious injury may occur as a result. If installation and adjustments are not performed correctly, the chain may come off and this may cause you to fall off the bicycle which could result in serious injury. Read these instructions carefully, and keep them for later use.
- Be careful not to let your clothing get caught in the chain while riding, otherwise you may fall off the bicycle.
- Check that the chain tension is correct and that the chain is not damaged. If the tension is too weak or the chain is damaged, the chain should be replaced or else it may break and you may fall off the bicycle.
- Use a torque wrench to check the final tightening torque of the main crank bolt. Furthermore, after riding approximately 60 miles (100 km), use a torque wrench to re-check the tightening torques, including the chainring bolts. Main Crank bolt = Torque 48-52Nm. Chainring Bolts = Torque 8-10Nm.
- If the frame bottom bracket shell is not parallel, shifting performance will be affected and performance will drop.
- Check that there are no cracks in the crankarms before riding the bicycle. If there are any cracks, the crankarm may break and you may fall off the bicycle.
- Before riding the bicycle, check that there is no play or looseness in the bottom bracket connection. Also, be sure to retighten the crank, chainring bolts, and pedals at periodic intervals.
- If you feel any looseness or ‘play’ in the bearings, the bottom bracket should be inspected/replaced.
- To ensure the designed performance, only use 10, 11 or 12 sp* chains (*for 12 sp use SRAM Eagle chain only).
- Parts are not guaranteed against natural wear or deterioration resulting from normal use.
- For any questions regarding methods of installation, adjustment, maintenance or operation, please contact a professional bicycle dealer or call Praxis Works.
- Praxis Works assumes no responsibility for damages or injury related to improperly installed components.
READ THE STEP-BY-STEP INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED ON THE OTHER SIDE.
- Praxis Works products are warrantied to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for two years after original purchase. The warranty is non-transferable and valid to the original purchaser of the product only.
- Any attempt to modify the product in any way such as drilling, grinding or painting will void the warranty.
- This warranty is not valid for “abused” or neglected products, or products that are damaged by improper installation.
- If a defect is found, our entire liability and your sole remedy shall be, at our option, free repair or replacement of the Praxis product.
- Except as expressly required by law, Praxis Works shall not be held liable for any indirect, special, or consequential damages.
THIS WRITTEN EXPRESS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR EXPRESSED. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary state to state. For more information on warranty policy and instructions for completing a warranty claim, check out the Full Warranty Policy found at our website. www.praxis-works.com
Note: specifications are subject to change without notice. ©AUG 2022 by Praxis Works.
|M30 MTN Direct Mount | Compatibility and Spec|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||M30 BB REQUIRED – 73mm BSA, 73mm BB30/PF30, BB90/92, T47 73mm|
|GEARING||30, 32, 34, 36|
|CRANKARM LENGTH||165, 170, 175|
|REQUIRED CRANK INSTALL TOOLS|
|T25 Torx wrench|
|8mm hex wrench|
|T25 Torx Bolts||9 Nm|
|M30 Main Crank Bolt||48-52 Nm|
BEFORE YOU START, READ THIS
- Your Praxis M30 bottom bracket (sold separately) must be installed in the frame
- Use M30 BB Dust Covers & Wave Washer that came with M30 BB – SEE GUIDE ON LAST PAGE!
- For M30 bottom bracket instructions: www.praxiscycles.com/manuals
- Grease Direct Mount Ring and arm interface
- Install ring on drive arm with 3 T-25 bolts
- Torque bolts to 9Nm
- Grease spindle
- Slide Wave Washer onto spindle
- Slide the correct 30mm Dust Cover onto spindle (see guide)
- Verify Dust Cover Praxis logos face ring
- Insert crank into RIGHT/Drive Side Cup
- Push crank fully through bottom bracket
- Put correct 28mm Non-Drive Side Cover onto spindle (see guide)
- Verify Dust Cover Praxis logos face outward
- Install LEFT/Non-Drive Side arm with 8mm hex wrench
- Torque arm 8mm bolt to 48-52Nm
- Verify crank spins freely.
SIMPLE CRANK REMOVAL
ONLY use an 8mm Allen wrench in the Non-Drive Side crankarm bolt. Turn wrench counterclockwise to loosen the bolt. After it loosens the resistance will increase, which is normal, as it is self-extracting. Keep turning to complete removal of crankarm. Once off, remove the crank from the frame.
OLDER PRAXIS MTN CRANKS
- THE OLDER GEN1 MTN CRANKS HAD DIFFERENT SPACING.
- FOLLOW THESE OFFSETS FOR CORRECT CLEANLINESS.
- 1mm “DMc” OFFSET= 56MM CL “Super Boost”
- Omm DMB” OFFSET= 52MM CL Boost”
- 3mm “DMA” OFFSET = 49MM CL “Non Boost
- GEN1 MTN CRANK GRAPHICS
PRAXIS MTN CRANKS
- -1 mm OFFSET = 56MMCL SuperBoost
- Omm OFFSET 55MM CL
- 3mm OFFSET 52MMCL “Boost
- 6MM OFFSET = 49MMCL Non Boost”
- THIS CL GUIDE DECAL IS ON BACK OF ALL GEN2 PRAXIS MTN DRIVE ARMS!
- GEN2 MTN CRANK GRAPHICS
BB DUST COVER GUIDE
- “DM”: DIRECT MOUNT SPIDER (Removable Spider)
- “NON-DM: NOT DIRECT MOUNT SPIDER (Pressed-On OR Integrated Spider)
FULL BB MANUALS: WWW.PRAXISCYCLES.COM/MANUALS
Documents / Resources
|PRAXIS M30 MTB Direct Mount Crankset [pdf] Instruction Manual|
M30 MTB Direct Mount Crankset, M30 MTB, Direct Mount Crankset, Mount Crankset, Crankset