Polycom 1725-67182-003 EagleEye Digital Extender
Polycom®, the Polycom logo and the names and marks associated with Polycom products are trademarks and/or service marks of Polycom, Inc. and are registered and/or common law marks in the United States and various other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. No portion hereof may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, for any purpose other than the recipient’s personal use, without the express written permission of Polycom. End User License Agreement By installing, copying, or otherwise using this product, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement for this product. The EULA for this product is available on the Polycom Support page for the product. Patent Information The accompanying product may be protected by one or more U.S. and foreign patents and/or pending patent applications held by Polycom, Inc. Open Source Software Used in this Product This product may contain open-source software. You may receive the open source software from Polycom up to three (3) years after the distribution date of the applicable product or software at a charge not greater than the cost to Polycom of shipping or distributing the software to you. Disclaimer While Polycom uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in this document, Polycom makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Polycom assumes no liability or responsibility for any typographical or other errors or omissions in the content of this document. Limitation of Liability Polycom and/or its respective suppliers make no representations about the suitability of the information contained in this document for any purpose. Information is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind and is subject to change without notice. The entire risk arising out of its use remains with the recipient. In no event shall Polycom and/or its respective suppliers be liable for any direct, consequential, incidental, special, punitive or other damages whatsoever (including without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, or loss of business information), even if Polycom has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Customer Feedback We are striving to improve our documentation quality and we appreciate your feedback. Email your opinions and comments to Documentation [email protected] Polycom Support Visit the Polycom Support Center for End User License Agreements, software downloads, product documents, product licenses, troubleshooting tips, service requests, and more. Polycom® EagleEye™ Digital Extender is a video conference equipment accessory that allows the connection of Polycom® EagleEye™ IV cameras to Polycom® RealPresence® Group systems that are father than 3m away, The EagleEye Digital Extender (part number 2215-64200-001) supports distances from 3m to 100m.
Set Up Polycom EagleEye Digital Extender
To set up Polycom EagleEye Digital Extender, follow the instructions outlined in the following graphics.
Refer to Polycom RealPresence Group Series Integrator’s Reference Manual at http://support.polycom.com
Cable Routing Restrictions
Polycom EagleEye Digital Extender Cable Guidelines and Best Practices
- For installations requiring distances of farther than 3m between the camera and system, use the Polycom EagleEye Digital Extender.
- Refer to the following guidelines when attaching the EagleEye Digital Extender:
- Maximum Cable Length on page 6
- Cable Bundling on page 7
- Recommended Cable on page 7
- Best Practices on page 7
Maximum Cable Length
The EagleEye Digital Extender allows the camera to be placed up to 100m from the codec. The cable is a custom length that the user (customer) provides. It can be any length from 3m-100m, depending on the user’s specific application.
EagleEye Digital Extender Installation
Polycom EagleEye Digital Extender is based on HDBaseT technology, which limits how many data cables can be bundled together. The following table shows the maximum number of data cables permitted in a bundle.
Maximum Number of Cables per Bundle
|Type of Cable||30m||50m||70m||100m|
CAT5E cable was used for all FCC and CE regulatory testing. For best performance, use HDBaseT recommended CAT6A solid conductor shielded cable (CAT6A F/UTP) found at http://hdbaset.org/cables.
- When installing the EagleEye Digital Extender, follow these best practices:
- Do not loop excess cable.
- Do not comb or pinstripe cables in the first 20m.
- Separate path and equipment cords in the first 20m.
- Avoid tie-wraps.
- Use horizontal wire management techniques, such as routing odd ports to upper management and even ports to lower management.
- Loosely place cables in vertical wire management.
- Reduce maximum conduit fill density to 40%.
- Avoid routing or bundling the CATx cable close to any high noise source cable; for example, the power cable of a fluorescent lamp, the power line of an air conditioner or a wifi access router
- Avoid routing the CATx cable close to high noise source equipment such as fluorescent lamps, air conditioners or wifi access points.
Polycom EagleEye Digital Extender Regulatory Notices
- This section lists the following Polycom EagleEye Digital Extender regulatory notices:
- Parameters and Interfaces on page 8
- Installation Requirements on page 8
Safety Considerations for Storage and Transportation on page 8
- Recycling on page 8
Parameters and Interfaces
The Polycom EagleEye Digital Extender includes its own power supply (part number 1465-52792-030, 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 1.3A; 48VDC at 0.63A).
- Only use the EagleEye Digital Extender with the AC adapter provided with the equipment (part number 1465-52792-030).
- EagleEye Digital Extender is only for use in residential, commercial, and light industrial areas.
Safety Considerations for Storage and Transportation
- EagleEye Digital Extender has a 7 year period of life.
- EagleEye Digital Extender has a 7 year period of storage.
- EagleEye Digital Extender has a -30C to 60C/ 35 ~90% RH non-condensing at 40C transportation requirement.
- EagleEye Digital Extender has a -30C to 60C/ 35 ~90% RH non-condensing at 40C storage requirement.
As a supplier of electronic communication products, Polycom recognizes its Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) and embraces the opportunity to help protect and preserve our environment by providing safe ways to dispose of electronic waste. With this goal in mind, we’ve created the Polycom Takeback and Recycle Program as part of our corporate environmental initiative. Customers can be confident that Polycom branded “end of life” products will be managed responsibly.
Voluntary Worldwide Recycling Service
In order to provide a Takeback network service, Polycom has partnered with AER Worldwide and RENE AG (Europe), who are specialists with “end of life” electronic products (i.e. e-waste / WEEE). This enables us to offer customers in all our major markets access to a worldwide network, and the capability to “recycle or refurbish and reuse” our products, diverting from landfill and reducing our environmental impacts. Both our partners use facilities that adhere to the international environmental standard ISO 14001 ensuring returned products are disposed of in an environmentally safe manner. To help meet requirements of your Environmental Management System (EMS), Polycom offers to provide a Certificate of Destruction (COD) to customers upon request to certify that your end of life products have been managed responsibly and in accordance with local legislation. For information about product, recycling go to http://www.polycom.com/company/about-us/the-environment.html#stab2
- This section provides information about actions required if the product does not work correctly.
- To search for answers in product documentation see Search for Answers in the Product Documentation
- To use the Knowledge Base see Use the Knowledge Base
- To access Polycom Technical Support see Access Polycom Technical Support
Search for Answers in the Product Documentation
You can find Polycom product documentation at support.polycom.com. Under Documents and Downloads, select Telepresence and Video > RealPresence Group [your system type], and then search for the document you want. The documents are grouped by version number, starting with the last version first.
Use the Knowledge Base
For more troubleshooting information, search the Knowledge Base at support.polycom.com.
Access Polycom Technical Support
If you are not able to make test calls successfully and you have verified that the equipment is installed and set up correctly, contact your Polycom distributor or Polycom Technical Support. To contact Polycom Technical Support, go to support.polycom.com.
Product Manufacturing Information
This section includes manufacturing information for the Polycom EagleEye Digital Extender.
Country of Manufacture
The country of manufacture is Thailand.
Sales Terms and Conditions
Sales terms and conditions are stated in the agreements with authorized distributors.
Product Serial Numbers
Product serial numbers include the following fields: PMYYWWSSSSSS## Serial Number Fields
|YY||Year of manufacture. This is the last two digits of the year during which the unit was manufactured. For example, the year 1998 would be represented as 98.|
|WW||Week of manufacture. There are 52 weeks in a year, therefore these two digits will lie in the range between 01 and 52.|
|SSSSSS||Sequential number. A sequential hexadecimal number beginning at 000000 and ending at FFFFFF will be embedded into the serial number in the SSSSS field. An independent number series will be used for each Product descriptor (the ## field).|
|##||Product descriptor. An assigned alphanumeric number assigned by Polycom document control for the serialized units.|
Documents / Resources
|Polycom 1725-67182-003 EagleEye Digital Extender [pdf] User Guide|
1725-67182-003 EagleEye Digital Extender, 1725-67182-003, EagleEye Digital Extender
- Support | Poly, formerly Plantronics & Polycom
- Environment | Poly, formerly Plantronics & Polycom
- Support | Poly, formerly Plantronics & Polycom