Polar Vantage M
How to get started
Congratulations on your great choice! In this guide we’ll walk you through the first steps in starting to use your new Polar Vantage M.
- To wake up and charge your watch, plug it into a powered USB port or a USB charger with the custom cable that came in the box. The cable magnetically snaps into place, just make sure to align the ledge on the cable with the slot on your watch (marked with red). Please note that it may take a while for the charging animation to appear on the display. You can also wake up your watch by pressing and holding OK for 4 seconds.
2. To set up your watch, choose your language and preferred setup method. The watch gives you three options for setup: set up (A) with a mobile device, (B) with a computer or (C) from the watch. Browse to the option most convenient for you with UP/DOWN and confirm your selection with OK. We recommend option A or B.
Note: To get the most accurate and personal training and activity data, it’s important that you’re precise with the settings in the setup.
Note: Options A and B: If there is a firmware update available for your watch, we recommend you install it during the setup. It may take up to 10 minutes to complete.
A. SET UP WITH A MOBILE DEVICE AND POLAR FLOW APP
Please note that you have to do the pairing in the Flow app and NOT in your mobile device’s Bluetooth settings.
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to the internet and turn on Bluetooth®.
- Download the Polar Flow app from the App Store or Google Play on your mobile device.
- Open the Flow app on your mobile device. The Flow app recognizes your watch nearby and prompts you to start pairing it. Tap the Start button.
- When the Bluetooth Pairing Request confirmation message appears on your mobile device, check that the code shown on your mobile device matches the code shown on your watch.
- Accept the Bluetooth pairing request on your mobile device and confirm the pin code on your watch by pressing the OK. Pairing done is displayed once the pairing is completed.
- Sign in with your Polar account or create a new one. We’ll walk you through the sign-up and setup within the app.
When you’re done with the settings, tap Save and sync and your settings are synced to your watch.
B. SET UP WITH A COMPUTER
- Go to flow.polar.com/start and download and then install the Polar FlowSync data transfer software to your computer.
- Sign in with your Polar account or create a new one. We’ll walk you through the sign-up and setup within the Polar Flow web service.
C. SET UP FROM THE WATCH
Adjust the values with UP/DOWN and confirm each selection with OK. If you want to return and change a setting at any point, press BACK until you reach the setting you want to change.
When you do the setup from the watch, your watch is not yet connected with Polar Flow. Firmware updates for your watch are available only through Polar Flow. To make sure you get to enjoy your watch and the unique Polar features at their best, it’s important that you do the setup later in the Polar Flow web service or with the Polar Flow mobile app by following the steps in option A or B.
Get to know your Vantage M
KEY BUTTON FUNCTIONS
Note: Match your style with easy-to-change wristbands. You can buy additional wristbands separately at www.polar.com.
WRIST-BASED HEART RATE TRAINING
The cutting-edge wrist-based Polar Precision Prime sensor fusion technology combines optical heart rate measurement with skin contact measurement providing accurate wrist-based heart rate monitoring throughout the day, even in the most demanding training conditions.
Built-in GPS keeps track of your pace, distance and altitude during training. You can view your route on a map in the Polar Flow app or Flow web service after your session.
TRAINING LOAD PRO
Get a comprehensive view of how your training sessions strain your body in different ways. Session-by-session and long-term monitoring.
Train for a running event with a personal and adaptive training plan in Polar Flow web service. Choose from four different targets: 5K, 10K, half marathon or marathon, and get a training plan that fits you and your goals.
Running Index gives you valuable information about your running performance, providing an easy way to monitor your progress.
Heart rate training
To get accurate heart rate readings during training, make sure that you wear the watch correctly:
- Wear the watch on top of your wrist, at least a finger’s width up from the wrist bone.
- Tighten the wristband firmly around your wrist. The sensor on the back must be in constant touch with your skin and the watch should not be able to move on your arm.
- Give your skin a few minutes to adapt to the watch before starting a training session.
When not measuring heart rate, loosen the wristband a bit for a more comfortable fit and to let your skin breathe.
Note: Your watch is also compatible with the Polar H10 heart rate sensor with a chest strap. You can buy a heart rate sensor as an accessory. Find a full list of sensors and accessories your watch is compatible with at support.polar.com/en/vantage-m.
- Wear your watch and tighten the wristband.
- Press BACK to enter the main menu, choose Start training, and then browse to a sport profile.
- Go outdoors and away from tall buildings and trees. Keep your watch still with the display upwards to catch GPS satellite signals. The circle around the GPS icon will turn green when the GPS is ready.
- The watch has found your heart rate when your heart rate is shown.
- When all signals are found, press OK to start training recording.
PAUSE AND STOP TRAINING
Press BACK to pause your training session. To continue training, press OK. To stop the session, press and hold BACK when paused until Recording ended is displayed. You’ll get a summary of your training session on your watch right after you’ve stopped training.
Note: Your watch syncs your training data with the Flow mobile app automatically if your phone is within the Bluetooth range and the Flow app is running.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR VANTAGE M
Keep your watch clean by rinsing it under running water after each training session. Before charging, please make sure there’s no moisture, dust or dirt on the charging contacts of your watch and cable. Gently wipe off any dirt or moisture. Do not charge the watch when it’s wet.
Polar Flow app and web service
VIEW YOUR TRAINING DATA AT A GLANCE ON THE MOBILE APP
Get the Polar Flow app on the App Store or Google Play. Sync your watch with the Flow app after training and get an instant overview and feedback on your training result and performance. In the Flow app you can also check how you’ve slept and how active you’ve been during the day.
POLAR FLOW WEB SERVICE FOR MORE DETAILED ANALYSIS
Sync your training data to the Flow web service with your computer or via Flow app. In the web service you can track your achievements, get guidance and see a detailed analysis of your training results, activity and sleep.
Note: You can customize your watch with your favorite sports and the information you want to follow during your sessions with Polar Sport profiles in the Polar Flow web service and app.
BATTERY TYPE: 230 mAh LI-POL BATTERY
HEART RATE SENSOR: INTERNAL OPTICAL
WATER RESISTANCE: 30 M (SUITABLE FOR SWIMMING)
DEVICE: ABS+GF, PMMA, STAINLESS STEEL WRISTBAND: TPC-ET, PC, STAINLESS STEEL
RED, MITE AND BLUE DEVICE: ABS+GF, PMMA, STAINLESS STEEL WRISTBAND: SILICONE, PA+GF, STAINLESS STEEL
CABLE: BRASS, PA66+PA6, PC, TPE, CARBON STEEL, NYLON
The radio equipment operates 2.402 – 2480 GHz ISM frequency band(s) and 3.1 rnW maximum power. The Polar Precision Prime optical heart rate sensor fusion technology uses a very small, safe amount of electric current on the skin to measure the contact of the device to your wrist to enhance accuracy.
APP STORE IS A SERVICE MARK OF APPLE INC. ANDROID AND GOGGLE PLAY ARE TRADEMARKS OF GOGGLE INC. ISO IS A TRADEMARK OR REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF CISCO IN THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES AND IS USED UNDER LICENSE.
POLAR ELECTRO OY
TEL +358 8 5202 100
Questions about your Manual? Post in the comments!