plantronics BackBeat FIT 2100 Series User Guide
Please read the safety guide for important safety, charging, battery and regulatory information before using your new headset.
The first time you power on your headset, the pairing process begins.
- To power on the headset, click and hold the right earbud until you hear “pairing” and the LED light flashes red and white.
- Activate Bluetooth® on your phone to search for new devices.
· iPhone > Settings > Bluetooth > On*
· Android > Settings > Bluetooth > On > Scan*
NOTE *Menus may vary by device.
- Select “PLT BBFIT 2100 Series.”
If necessary, enter four zeros (0000) for the passcode or accept the connection.
Once successfully paired, you hear “pairing successful” and the indicator light stops flashing.
NOTE To enable caller name announcement, allow access to your contacts if your phone prompts you.
With the headset powered off, click and hold the right earbud until you hear “pairing.” NOTE You can connect up to 2 devices to your headset.
Fit and charge
- For the best sound performance and a secure comfortable fit, drape around the back of your head.
- Rotate the ear tip between a plus and minus 20° range to achieve an optimal fit and sound experience.
It takes 2 hours to fully charge the headset. The headset LED turns off once charging is complete.
Charge your headset for 15 minutes for up to a full hour of listening time.
Power on or off
Click and hold the right earbud until you hear “power on” or “power off.”
Adjust the volume
The left earbud has a touch sensor button. Only a light touch is required.
- To increase volume, tap the left earbud.
- To decrease volume, touch and hold the left earbud.
Play or pause audio
Click the right earbud.
NOTE: Functionality varies by application.
Double-click the right earbud to skip to the next track or triple-click the right earbud to play the previous track.
NOTE: Functionality varies by application. May not function with web-based apps.
Use Siri, Google Now
Your earbuds support Virtual Personal Assistants (VPA) such as Siri and Google Now. Click and hold the right earbud for two seconds to use your device’s VPA.
Answer or end a call
Click the right earbud.
Answer a second call
First, click the right earbud to end current call, then click the right earbud again to answer new call.
Answer calls from a second device
It’s easy to answer calls from two devices.
When on a call, you hear a ringtone notification of the incoming call from the second paired device.
To answer a second call from the other device, click the right earbud to end the current call and click the right earbud again to answer the new call. If you choose to not answer the second call, it will go to voicemail.
Install the app
Get the most from your earbuds by downloading our free app, BackBeat for iOS/AndroidTM. With this app, you can:
- Stream a playlist, use a stopwatch, customize volume settings and more
- Manage your earbuds’ connection to other devices
- Change headset language
- Turn settings on/off
- Find MyHeadset
- View the user guide
The app will guide you through the first pairing process if the earbuds are not paired to the device.
For maximum benefit, install the BackBeat app on every device paired to your earbuds.
If you leave your headset powered on but out of range of your paired device, it will conserve power by entering DeepSleep mode after 90 minutes and power off mode after 7 days.
To exit DeepSleep mode, choose:
- After 90 minutes, click the right earbud. If you are receiving a call, click the right earbud again to answer your call.
- After 7 days, reset by powering off and on.
NEED MORE HELP?
345 Encinal Street Santa Cruz,
2132 LR Hoofddorp
© 2018 Plantronics, Inc. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use by Plantronics, Inc. is under license. Apple and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Documents / Resources
|plantronics BackBeat FIT 2100 Series [pdf] User Guide|
BackBeat FIT 2100 Series