PHILIPS TAA6708 Sports Headphones
Important safety instructions
Danger To avoid hearing damage, limit the time you use headphones at high volume and set the volume to a safe level. The louder the volume, the shorter the safe listening time is.
Be sure to observe the following guidelines when using your headphones.
- Listen at reasonable volumes for reasonable periods of time.
- Be careful not to adjust the volume continuously upwards as your hearing adapts.
- Do not turn up the volume so high that you can’t hear what’s around you.
- You should use caution or temporarily discontinue use in potentially hazardous situations.
- Excessive sound pressure from earpieces and headphones can cause hearing loss.
- Using headphones with both ears covered while driving is not recommended and may be illegal in some areas.
- For your safety, avoid distractions from music or phone calls while in traffic or other potentially dangerous environments.
To avoid damage or malfunction:
- Do not expose headphones to excessive heat.
- Do not drop your headphones.
- Headphones shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing. (Refer to the IP rating of specific product)
- Do not allow your headphones to be submerged in water.
- Do not charge your headphones when the connector or socket is wet.
- Do not use any cleaning agents containing alcohol, ammonia, benzene, or abrasives.
- If cleaning is required, use a soft cloth, if necessary dampened with a minimum amount of water or diluted mild soap, to clean the product.
- The integrated battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
- Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
- To achieve the specific IP rating, the charging slot cover must be closed.
- Disposal of a battery into fire or a hot oven, or mechanically crushing or cutting a battery, can result in an explosion.
- Leaving a battery in an extremely high temperature surrounding environment can result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
- A battery subjected to extremely low air pressure may result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
- To avoid risk of fire, the equipment is supplied only by external power source which output shall comply with PS1 (with output capacity less than 15W)
Operating and storage temperatures and humidity
- Store in a place where the temperature is between -20°C (-4°F) and 50°C (122 °F) with up to 90% relative humidity.
- Operate in a place where the temperature is between 0°C (32°F) and 45°C (113 °F) with up to 90% relative humidity.
- Battery life may be shorter in high or low temperature conditions.
- Replacement of a battery with an incorrect type risks severely damaging the headphones and the battery (for example, in the case of some lithium battery types).
Your True wireless earpieces
Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to Philips! To fully benefit from the support that Philips offers, register your product at www.philips.com/support.
With these Philips True wireless earpieces you can:
- Enjoy convenient wireless handsfree calls
- Enjoy and control music wirelessly
- Switch between calls and music
What’s in the box
- Philips True wireless sports headphones Philips TAA6708
- Type-C charging cable (for charging only)
- Quick start guide
- Safety leaflet
A mobile phone or device (e.g. notebook, tablet, Bluetooth adapters, MP3 players etc) which supports Bluetooth and is compatible with the earpieces.
Overview of your True wireless earpieces
- Multi-function touch (MFT)
- LED indicator (earpieces)
- Bluetooth pair button
- LED indicator (BT pairing and factory reset)
- USB-C charging slot
Charge the battery
- Before you use your headphones, place them in the charging box and charge the battery for 2 hours for optimum battery capacity and lifetime.
- Use only the original USB-C charging cable to avoid any damage.
- Finish your call before charging. Connecting the earpieces to charge will power them off.
- If the headset is not used for a long time, the rechargeable battery will begin to lose its charge. To avoid this loss, please fully charge the battery at least once every three months.
Plug one end of the USB-C cable into the charging box and the other end into the power source.
Tip The charging box serves as a portable backup battery for charging the earpieces. When the charging box is fully charged, it will fully recharge the earpieces 3 times.
Place the earpieces in the charging box.
- The earpieces start charging and the blue LED light goes on
- When the earpieces are fully charged, the blue light will go off
Tip Normally, a full charge takes 2.5 hours (for the earpieces or charging box) by USB cable.
How to wear
Select suitable ear tips for optimum fit
A tight, secure fit will provide the best sound quality.
- Check left or right orientation of the earpieces.
- Insert the earpieces into the ears and twist slightly until a secure fit is achieved.
Scan the QR code/press ‘Download’ button or search ‘Philips Headphones’ in Apple App Store or Google Play to download the app.
The Philips Headphones App puts you in charge of the music you’re listening to.
You can customize the sound so your music and calling experience always best suits your needs.
Pair the earpieces with your Bluetooth device for the first time
- Make sure that the earpieces are fully charged and powered off.
- Open the cover of the charging box, the earpieces will be in pairing mode and ready to connect.
- The LEDs on both earpieces flash white and blue alternately
- The earpieces are now in pairing mode and are ready to pair with a Bluetooth device (e.g. a mobile phone)
- Turn on the Bluetooth function of your Bluetooth device.
- Pair the earpieces with your Bluetooth device, refer to the user manual of your Bluetooth device.
Note After powering on, if the earpieces can’t find any previously connected Bluetooth device, it will automatically switch to pairing mode.
The following example shows you how to pair the earpieces with your Bluetooth device.
- Turn on the Bluetooth function of your Bluetooth device, select Philips TAA6708.
- Enter the earpieces’ password “0000” (4 zeros) if prompted. For those devices featuring Bluetooth 3.0 or higher, there is no need to enter a password.
Single earpiece (Mono mode)
Take either right or left earpiece out from charging box for Mono use. The earpiece will power on automatically.
Note Take the second earpiece from the charging box and they will pair with each other automatically.
Pair the earpieces with another Bluetooth device
If you want to pair another Bluetooth device with the earpieces, just put them into pairing mode, (press button on box for 3 seconds with both earpieces inside and the cover open), then discover the second device as per normal pairing.
Note The earpieces store 4 devices in the memory.
If you try to pair more than 4 devices, the earliest paired device is replaced by the new one.
- Pairing the headphones to 2 devices, e.g. mobile phone and notebook.
Switch between device
- At anytime, you can only listen to music from 1 device. Another device will be for phone call.
- Pause the audio from 1 device and then start play audio from the another device.
- When streaming audio from Device 1, receiving a call from Device 2 will automatically pause Device 1 playback. And the call will be routed automatically to headphones.
- Ending the call will automatically resume playback from device 1.
Use your earpieces
Connect the earpieces to your Bluetooth device
- Turn on the Bluetooth function of your Bluetooth device.
- Open the charging box cover
- The blue LED flashes.
- The earpieces will search the last connected Bluetooth device and reconnect to it automatically. If the last connected one is not available, the earpieces will search and reconnect to the second last connected device.
Tip If you turn on the Bluetooth function of your Bluetooth device after turning on the earpieces, you have to go to the Bluetooth menu of the device and connect the earpieces to the device manually.
- If the earpieces fail to connect to any Bluetooth device within 3 minutes, it will turn off automatically to save the battery life.
- In some Bluetooth devices, connection may not be automatic. In this case, you have to go to the Bluetooth menu of your device and connect the earpieces to the Bluetooth device manually.
- If no signal (music/call) is received for 60 mins even with Bluetooth connection, the earpieces will turn off automatically to save the battery life.
|Turn the earpieces on||Take earpieces out of the charging box to power on|
|Turn the earpieces of||Put earpieces back into the charging box to power of|
Manage your calls and music
|Play or pause music||Right earpiece||Double tap|
|Next track||Right earpiece||Triple tap|
|Previous track||Left earpiece||Triple tap|
|Adjust volume +||Right earpiece||Tap once and hold|
|Adjust volume –||Left earpiece||Tap once and hold|
|Pick up/ Switch caller during a call||Right earpiece||Double tap|
|Hang up call/ Reject call||Right earpiece||Tap and hold 1 second|
|Trigger Voice (Siri/Google) Assistant||Right earpiece||Tap and hold 2 seconds|
|Stop Voice Assistant||Right earpiece||Single tap|
Earpieces LED indicator status
|The earpieces are connected to a Bluetooth device||White LED blinks every 5 seconds|
|The earpieces are ready for pairing||The LED flashes blue and white alternately|
|The earpieces are on but not connected to a Bluetooth device||White LED blinks every second (auto turn off after 3 minutes)|
|Low battery level (earpieces)||Blue LED blinks 2x every 5 seconds|
|Battery is fully charged (charging box)||Refer to case LED|
Charging box LED indicator status
|Battery low||Amber LED lights up|
|Relative adequate battery||White LED lights up|
|In use and cover is open||Indicator|
|Battery low||Amber slowly blinks for 4 cycles|
|Relatively adequate battery||Off|
Reset the earpieces
If you encounter any pairing or connection issue, you can follow the following procedure to reset your earpieces to factory default settings.
- On your Bluetooth device, go to the Bluetooth menu and remove Philips TAA6708 from the device list.
- Turn off the Bluetooth function of your Bluetooth device.
- Return earpieces to charging box and open the lid.
- Press button on box twice.
- Follow steps in “Use your ear pieces connect the earpieces to your Bluetooth device.”
- Pair the earpieces with your Bluetooth device, select Philips TAA6708.
If there is no response from the earpieces, you can follow the below step to reset the hardware of your earpieces.
- Tap and hold multi-function touch for 10 seconds.
- Music play time: 6 + 15 hours
- Standby time: 200 hours
- Charging time: 2.5 hours
- Lithium-ion battery 70 mAh on each earpiece, Lithium-ion battery 650 mAh on charging box
- Bluetooth version: 5.3
- Compatible Bluetooth profiles:
• HFP (Hands-Free Profile)
• A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
• AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)
- Supported audio codecs: SBC
- Frequency range: 2.402-2.480 GHz
- Transmitter power: < 10 dBm
- Operation frequency: 110-205kHz
- Max. H-field strength: 11.3 dBuA/m (62.8 dBuV/m)
- Operating range: Up to 10 meters (33 feet)
- Auto power off
- USB-C port for charging
- Low battery warning: available
Note Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Declaration of conformity
Hereby, MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited declares that this product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU.
You can find the Declaration of Conformity on www.p4c.philips.com.
Disposal of your old product and battery
Your product is designed and manufactured with high quality materials and components which can be recycled and reused.
This symbol on a product means that the product is covered by European Directive 2012/19/EU.
This symbol means that the product contains a built-in rechargeable battery covered by European Directive 2013/56/EU which cannot be disposed of with normal household waste. We strongly advise you to take your product to an official collection point or a Philips service centre to have a professional remove the rechargeable battery.
Inform yourself about the local separate collection system for electrical and electronic products and rechargeable batteries. Follow local rules and never dispose of the product and rechargeable batteries with normal household waste. Correct disposal of old products and rechargeable batteries helps prevent negative consequences for the environment and human health.
Remove the integrated battery
If there is no collection/recycling system for electronic products in your country, you can protect the environment by removing and recycling the battery before disposing of the earpieces.
- Make sure the earpieces are disconnected from the charging box before removing the battery.
- Make sure the charging box is disconnected from the USB charging cable before removing the battery.
Compliance with EMF
This product complies with all applicable standards and regulations regarding exposure to electromagnetic fields.
All unnecessary packaging has been omitted. We have tried to make the packaging easy to separate into three materials: cardboard (box), polystyrene foam (buffer) and polyethylene (bags, protective foam sheet.)
Your system consists of materials which can be recycled and reused if disassembled by a specialized company.
Please observe the local regulations regarding the disposal of packaging materials, exhausted batteries and old equipment.
Notice of compliance
The device complies with the FCC rules, Part 15. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna
- Increase the separation between equipment and receiver
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement:
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.
This transmitter must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Caution: The user is cautioned that changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
This device contains licence-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s license-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause interference. (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
IC Radiation Exposure Statement:
This equipment complies with Canada radiation exposure limits set forth for uncontrolled environments.
This transmitter must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Siri is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC.
Frequently asked questions
My Bluetooth earpieces do not turn on.
The battery level is low. Charge the earpieces.
I can not pair my Bluetooth earpieces with my Bluetooth device.
The Bluetooth is disabled. Enable the Bluetooth feature on your Bluetooth device and turn on the Bluetooth device before you turn on the earpieces.
Pairing does not work.
- Put both earpieces into charging box.
- Make sure you have disabled the Bluetooth function of any previously connected Bluetooth devices.
- On your Bluetooth device, delete “Philips TAA6708” from the Bluetooth list.
- Pair your earpieces (see ‘Pair the earpieces with your Bluetooth device for the first time’ on page 6).
The Bluetooth device cannot find the earpieces.
- The earpieces may be connected to a previously paired device. Turn off the connected device or move it out of range.
- Pairing may have been reset or the earpieces have been previously paired with another device. Pair the earpieces with the Bluetooth device again as described in the user manual. (see ‘Pair the earpieces with your Bluetooth device for the first time’ on page 6).
My Bluetooth earpieces are connected to a Bluetooth stereo-enabled mobile phone, but music only plays on the mobile phone speaker.
Refer to the user manual of your mobile phone. Select to listen to music through the earpieces.
The audio quality is poor and a crackling noise can be heard.
- The Bluetooth device is out of range.
Reduce the distance between your earpieces and Bluetooth device, or remove obstacles between them.
- Charge your earpieces.
The audio quality is poor when streaming from a mobile phone is very slow or streaming does not work at all.
Make sure your mobile phone not only supports (mono) HFP but also supports A2DP and is BT4.0x (or higher) compatible (see ‘Technical data’ on page 11).
2023 © MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited. All rights reserved.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Philips and the Philips Shield Emblem are registered trademarks of Koninklijke Philips N.V. and are used under license. This product has been manufactured by and is sold under the responsibility of MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited or one of its affiliates, and MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited is the warrantor in relation to this product. All other company and product names may be trademarks of its respective companies with which they are associated.
Documents / Resources
|PHILIPS TAA6708 Sports Headphones [pdf] User Manual|
TAA6708, Sports Headphones, TAA6708 Sports Headphones, Headphones, 6000 Series