Register your product and get support at
Important safety instructions
- Make sure that the power supply voltage corresponds to the voltage on the back or the underside of the unit.
- The speaker shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing.
- Do not place any source of danger on the speaker (e.g. liquid filled objects, lit candles).
- Make sure that there is enough free space around the speaker for ventilation.
- Please use the speaker safely in an environment with temperature between 0° and 45°.
- Only use attachments and accessories specified by the manufacturer.
Battery safety precautions
- Danger of explosion if a battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
- A battery (battery pack or battery installed) shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
- A battery in extreme high or low temperatures during use, storage or transportation, and low air pressure at high altitude can pose safety hazards.
- Do not replace a battery with an incorrect type that can defeat a safeguard (for example, some lithium battery types).
- Disposing a battery into fire or a hot oven mechanically crushing or cutting a battery
can result in an explosion.
- Leaving a battery in an extremely high temperature surrounding, or an extremely low air pressure environment may result in an explosion or leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
- Never remove the casing of this speaker.
- Never lubricate any part of this speaker.
- Place this Speaker on a flat, hard and stable surface.
- Never place this speaker on other electrical equipment.
- Only use this speaker indoors. Keep this speaker away from water, moisture and liquid-filled objects.
- Keep this speaker away from direct sunlight, naked flames or heat.
- Risk of explosion if a battery is replaced by an incorrect type.
2 Your wireless speaker
Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to Philips! To fully benefit from the support that Philips offers, register your product at www.philips.com/welcome.
With this speaker, you can enjoy audio from Bluetooth-enabled devices or other audio devices through a 3.5mm audio-in cable.
What’s in the box
Check and identify the contents of your package:
• USB cable
• Audio cable
• Quick start guide
• Safety sheet
• Worldwide warranty
Overview of the speaker
- Enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Clear Bluetooth pairing information.
- Respond to an incoming call through Bluetooth connection.
2. LED indicator
- In Bluetooth mode, press to pause or resume play.
- In Bluetooth mode, press twice to play the next track..
- Press to turn the Multi-color LED light on or off.
- Press and hold to enter stereo pairing mode.
6. – / +
• Adjust volume.
- Turn the speaker on or off.
- Check the battery level.
- Show the Bluetooth status.
8. Battery level indicators
- Show the charging progress.
- Show the battery level.
9. Multi-color LED light
- Connect an external audio device.
- Charge the built-in battery.
3 Get started
Always follow the instructions in this chapter in sequence.
Charge the built-in battery
The speaker is powered by a built-in rechargeable battery.
- Fully charge the built-in battery before using.
- When the speaker is turned on and the battery is low, the battery level LED indicator blinks green.
Connect the USB-C socket on the speaker to an outlet (5V = 3A) by using the provided USB cable.
When the speaker is being charged, the battery level LED indicator lights up gradually.
When the speaker is fully charged, the battery level LED indicator lights on.
- Risk of speaker damage! Make sure the power supply voltage corresponds to the voltage printed on the back or the underside of the speaker.
- Risk of electric shock! When unplug the USB cable, always pull the plug from the socket. Never pull the cable.
- Use only a USB cable specified by the manufacturer or sold with this speaker.
Press to turn the speaker on.
You will hear the prompt sound.
If no external audio device is connected to the AUX socket, it will enter Bluetooth pairing mode automatically and the LED indicator will blink blue.
To turn the speaker off, press again.
- The Speaker will turn off automatically after 15 minutes without audio signal from Bluetooth or via AUX IN.
4 Play from Bluetooth devices
Play from Bluetooth devices
With this speaker, you can enjoy audio from your Bluetooth device.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth function is enabled on your device.
- The maximum distance for pairing the speaker and your Bluetooth device is 20 meters (66 feet).
- Keep away from any other electronic device that may cause interference.
1 Press to turn the speaker on, it will enter Bluetooth pairing mode automatically. You can also press and holdfor 2 seconds to enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
2 Enable Bluetooth and select “Philips S5305 ” in the Bluetooth list on your device for pairing.
If a message prompts for permission for Bluetooth connection, confirm it.
If a password is required, enter 0000 and then confirm.
3 Play audio on your Bluetooth device to start streaming music.
LED indicator : Description
Blinking blue quickly: Ready for pairing
Blinking blue slowly: Reconnecting the last connected device
Solid blue: Connected
- To disconnect a device, press and hold for 2 seconds until the LED indicator blinks blue quickly.
- When you turn on the speaker, it always automatically tries to reconnect the last successfully connected device.
- To clear the pairing information, press and hold for 8 seconds until the LED indicator slowly blinking cyan for 3 times.
During playing the music,
Press to pause or resume play
Press twice to play the next track
– / + Adjust the volume
Control phone call
Press to answer or end a call
Press and hold to reject a call
– / + Adjust the volume
Pairing for stereo mode
Two identical wireless speakers (Philips S5305) can pair with each other for stereo sound.
- Any speaker can be used as the primary speaker.
- The speaker connected to a Bluetooth device can only be used as the primary speaker.
- Before stereo pairing, make sure that the secondary speaker is under Bluetooth pairing mode.
- The maximum distance for pairing the speaker and your Bluetooth device is 20 meters (66 feet).
- In stereo mode, the button operation on the secondary speaker is as same as that of the primary speaker.
1 Press to power on both speakers, they will enter Bluetooth pairing mode automatically. The speaker connected to your Bluetooth device will be used as the primary speaker.
2 On the primary speaker, press and hold to enter stereo pairing mode until the LED indicator blinks blue and green alternately.
You will hear a prompt sound when successfully connected.
The LED indicator lights up blue and green alternately on the primary speaker.
The LED indicator lights up in blue on
the secondary speaker.
3 Press on either speaker. The music will be played through both speakers.
To exit the stereo mode, press and hold the on either speaker.
5 Other features
Play from an external audio device
With this speaker, you can enjoy music from an external audio device such as an MP3 player.
1 Connect an audio cable to the socket on the speaker and the headphone socket on an external audio device.
The speaker will switch to AUX IN mode automatically.
The LED indicator lights up in green.
2 Control playback and volume through the connected external audio device.
Multi-color LED light
The speaker is equipped with multi-color LED light on both sides. When playing the music, the color and brightness of the multi-color LED light vary by the audio signal.
Press to turn the multi-color LED light on or off.
6 Product information
- Product information is subject to change without prior notice.
Power supply: 5V 3A
Built-in Lithium battery: 7.4V, 2600mAh
Dimensions (W x H x D): 190 x 80 x 80 mm
Weight (main unit): 0.61 kg
Output power 8W x 2
Frequency response 100 Hz – 20 kHz
Signal to noise ratio > 70 dB
Maximum input power 8 W
Bluetooth version 5.0
Frequency range 2402 – 2480 MHz
Maximum transmition power 5 dBm
Compatible Bluetooth profiles A2DP, AVRCP
Bluetooth range approx. 20m
- Never remove the casing of the speaker.
To keep the warranty valid, never try to repair the speaker yourself.
If you encounter problems when using this speaker, check the following points before requesting service. If the problem remains unsolved, go to the Philips website (www.philips.com/welcome). When you contact Philips, ensure that the speaker is nearby and the model number and serial number are available.
- Make sure the speaker is fully charged.
- Make sure the USB socket of the speaker is properly connected.
- As a power-saving feature, the speaker turns off automatically 15 minutes after no audio signal is received or no audio device is connected.
- Adjust the volume on this speaker.
- Adjust the volume on the connected device.
- In AUDIO IN mode, make sure that music playback through Bluetooth is stopped.
- Make sure that your Bluetooth device is within the operational range.
No response from the speaker
- Restart the speaker.
The audio quality is poor after connection with a Bluetooth-enabled device
- The Bluetooth reception is poor. Move the device closer to this speaker or remove any obstacle between them.
Fail to find [Philips S5305] on your Bluetooth device for pairing
Press and hold for 2 seconds to enter Bluetooth pairing mode, and then try again.
Cannot connect with your Bluetooth device
- The Bluetooth function of your device is not enabled. Refer to the user manual of your device to find out how to enable the function.
- This speaker is not in pairing mode.
- This speaker is already connected to another Bluetooth-enabled device. Disconnect and try again.
Any changes or modifications made to this device that are not expressly approved by MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited may void the user’s authority to operate the product.
Hereby, MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited declares that this product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU. You can find the Declaration of Conformity on www.philips.com/support.
Care of the environment
Disposal of your old product and battery
Your product is designed and manufactured with high quality materials and components, which can be recycled and reused.
This symbol on a product means that the product is covered by European Directive 2012/19/EU.
This symbol means that the product contains batteries covered by European Directive 2013/56/EU which cannot be disposed of with normal household waste.
Inform yourself about the local separate collection system for electrical and electronic products and batteries. Follow local rules and never dispose of the product and batteries with normal household waste. Correct disposal of old products and batteries helps prevent negative consequences for the environment and human health.
Removing the disposal batteries
To remove the disposable batteries, see battery install section.
All unnecessary packaging has been omitted. We have tried to make the packaging easy to separate into three materials: cardboard (box), polystyrene foam (buffer) and polyethylene (bags, protective foam sheet.)
Your system consists of materials which can be recycled and reused if disassembled by a specialized company. Please observe the local regulations regarding the disposal of packaging materials, exhausted batteries and old equipment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Warning: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: (1) Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. (2) Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. (3) Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. (4) Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
RF Warning Statement
The device has been evaluated to meet general RF exposure requirements. The device can be used in portable exposure conditions without restriction.
The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Philips and the Philips Shield Emblem are registered trademarks of
Koninklijke Philips N.V. and are used under license.
This product has been manufactured by and is sold under the
responsibility of MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited or one of
its affiliates, and MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited is the
warrantor in relation to this product.