PHILIPS 1000 Series TAH1108 Headphones
Important safety instructions
- To avoid hearing damage, limit the time you use headphones at high volume and set the volume to a safe level. The louder the volume, the shorter the safe listening time is.
Be sure to observe the following guidelines when using your headphones.
- Listen at reasonable volumes for reasonable periods of time.
- Be careful not to adjust the volume continuously upwards as your hearing adapts.
- Do not turn up the volume so high that you can’t hear what’s around you.
- You should use caution or temporarily discontinue use in potentially hazardous situations.
- Excessive sound pressure from earphones and headphones can cause hearing loss.
- Using headphones with both ears covered while driving is not recommended and may be illegal in some areas while driving.
- For your safety, avoid distractions from music or phone calls while in traffic or other potentially dangerous environments.
To avoid damage or malfunction:
- Do not expose headphones to excessive heat.
- Do not drop your headphones.
- Headphones shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing. (Refer to the IP rating of specific product)
- Do not allow your headphones to be submerged in water.
- Do not charge your headphones when the connector or socket is wet.
- Do not use any cleaning agents containing alcohol, ammonia, benzene, or abrasives.
- If cleaning is required, use a soft cloth, if necessary dampened with a minimum amount of water or diluted mild soap, to clean the product.
- The integrated battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
- Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced. Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
- To achieve the specific IP rating, the charging slot cover must be closed. Disposal of a battery into fire or a hot oven, or mechanically crushing or cutting a battery, can result in an explosion.
- Leaving a battery in an extremely high temperature surrounding environment can result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas. A battery subjected to extremely low air pressure may result in an explosion or the leakage of flammable liquid or gas.
- Replacement of a battery with an incorrect type risks severely damaging the headphones and the battery (for example, in the case of some lithium battery types).
Operating and storage temperatures and humidity
- Store in a place where the temperature is between -20°C (-4°F} and 50°C (122 °F) with up to 90% relative humidity.
- Operate in a place where the temperature is between 0°( (32°F} and 45°C (113 °F} with up to 90% relative humidity.
- Battery life may be shorter in high or low temperature conditions.
Your Bluetooth on-ear headphones
Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to Philips! To fully benefit from the support that Philips offers, register your product at www.philips.com/support.
With these Philips on-ear headphones, you can:
- Enjoy convenient wireless handsfree calls
- Enjoy and control music wirelessly
- Switch between calls and music
- Enjoy noise cancellation
What’s in the box
- Philips Bluetooth headphones Philips TAH 1108
- USB charging cable (for charging only)
- Quick start guide
- Global Warranty
- Safety leaflet
A mobile phone or device (e.g. notebook, tablet, Bluetooth adapters, MP3 players etc) which supports Bluetooth and is compatible with the headphones (see ‘Technical data’ on page 8). EN
Overview of your Bluetooth wireless headphones
① Volume+/ Next track
② Multi-Function Button (MFB)
③ Volume – / Previous track
④ LED indicator
⑤ USB-C charging slot
Charge the battery
- Before you use your headphones for the first time, charge the battery for two hours for optimum battery capacity and lifetime.
- Use only the original USB charging cable to avoid any damage.
- Finish your call before charging the headphones, as connecting the headphones for charging will power the headphones off.
Connect the supplied USB charging cable to:
- The USB-C charging slot on the headphones and;
- The charger/USB port of a computer.
LED turns white during charging and turns off when the headphones in fully charged.
- Normally, a full charge takes two hours.
Pair the headphones with your mobile phone
Before you use the headphones with your mobile phone for the first time, pair it with a mobile phone. A successful pairing establishes a unique encrypted link between the headphones and mobile phone. The headphones store the last four devices in the memory. If you try to pair more than four devices, the earliest paired device will be replaced by the new one.
- Make sure that the headphones are fully charged and turned off.
- Press and hold MFB for six seconds until the blue and white LED flashes alternately.
The headphones remain in pairing mode for five minutes.
- Make sure that the mobile phone is on and its Bluetooth feature is activated.
- Pair the headphones with the mobile phone. For detailed information, refer to the user manual of your mobile phone.
The following example shows you how to pair the headphones with your mobile phone.
Activate the Bluetooth feature of your mobile phone, select Philips TAH1108
Use your headphones
Connect the headphones to your Bluetooth device
- Turn on your mobile phone/ Bluetooth device.
- Press and hold the MFB button to turn the headphones on.
The white LED will turn on in two seconds
The headphones are reconnected to the last connected mobile phone/Bluetooth device automatically
- If you turn on the mobile phone/Bluetooth device or activate the Bluetooth feature after turning on the headphones, you have to reconnect the headphones and mobile phone/Bluetooth device manually.
- If the headphones have not any connection history and don’t connect any Bluetooth device within 5 minutes, it will switch off automatically.
- If the headphones fail to connect to last connected Bluetooth device within range of 5 minutes, it will switch off automatically.
Manage your calls and music
|Turn the||MFB||Press and hold for headphones on two seconds|
|Turn the headphones off||MFB||Press and hold for four seconds The white LED is on and fades out|
|Play or pause music||MFB||Press once|
|Adjust volume||<<I>>||Press once|
|Next track||<<||Press and hold one second|
|Previous track||>>||Press and hold one second|
|Pick up/hang up a call||MFB||Press once|
|Reject a call||MFB||Press and hold two seconds|
|Switch call when answer two calls||MFB||Press twice7|
Smartphone voice assist function (e.g. Google app, Siri)
|Wake up Smartphone voice assist function||MFB||Press and hold two seconds|
- Please refer to the operating instructions of the smartphone.
Other headphones indicator status
|The headphones are ready for pairing||The LED flashes blue and white alternately|
|The headphones are on but not connected to a Bluetooth device||The white LED flashes slowly. If no connection can be made, the headphones will turn itself off within five minutes|
|The headphones are connected to a Bluetooth device while the headphones in standby mode or while you are listening to music||The blue LED flashes slowly. If no connection can be made, the headphones will turn itself off within 5 minutes|
|Low battery level||The white LED blinks slowly until it is out of power|
|Battery is fully charged||White LED is off|
- Music play time: 15 hours
- Talk time: 15 hours
- Charging time: 2 hours
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery (100 mAh)
- Bluetooth version: 5.2
- Compatible Bluetooth profiles:
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile)
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)
- Frequency range: 2.402-2.480GHz
- Transmitter power:< 10 dBm
- Operating range: Up to 10 meters (33 feet)
- Auto power off
- USB-C port for charging
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Battery life of playtime is approximate and may vary depending on application condition.
Declaration of conformity
Hereby, MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited declares that the product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of RED Directive 2014/53/EU and UK Radio Equipment Regulations SI 2017 No 1206. You can find the Declaration of Conformity on www.philips.com/support.
Disposal of your old product and battery
Your product is designed and manufactured with high quality materials and components which can be recycled and reused.
This symbol on a product means that the product is covered by European Directive 2012/19/EU.
This symbol means that the product contains a built-in rechargeable battery covered by European Directive 2013/56/EU which cannot be disposed of with normal household waste. We strongly advise you to take your product to an official collection point or a Philips service centre to have a professional remove the rechargeable battery. Inform yourself about the local separate collection system for electrical and electronic products and rechargeable batteries. Follow local rules and never dispose of the product and rechargeable batteries with normal household waste. Correct disposal of old products and rechargeable batteries helps prevent negative consequences for the environment and human health.
Remove the integrated battery
If there is no collection/recycling system for electronic products in your country, you can protect the environment by removing and recycling the battery before disposing the headphones.
- Make sure the headphones is disconnected from the charging case before removing the battery.
Compliance with EMF
This product complies with all applicable standards and regulations regarding exposure to electromagnetic fields.
All unnecessary packaging has been omitted. We have tried to make the packaging easy to separate into three materials: cardboard (box), polystyrene foam (buffer) and polyethylene (bags, protective foam sheet.)
Your system consists of materials which can be recycled and reused if disassembled by a specialized company. Please observe the local regulations regarding the disposal of packaging materials, exhausted batteries and old equipment.
Notice of compliance
The device complies with the FCC rules, Part 15. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna Increase the separation between equipment and receiver Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help
FCC Radiation Exposure Statement:
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This transmitter must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Caution: The user is cautioned that changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operated the equipment.
Canada: This device contains licence-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s license-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause interference. (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
IC Radiation Exposure Statement:
This equipment complies with Canada radiation exposure limits set forth for uncontrolled environments.
This transmitter must not be co-located or operated in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Top Victory Investment Limited is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Siri is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google is a trademark of Google LLC. The Google Assistant is not availabel in certain languages and countries.
Frequently asked questions
My Bluetooth headphones do not turn on.
The battery level is low. Charge the headphones.
I cannot pair my Bluetooth headphones with my Bluetooth device.
The Bluetooth is disabled. Enable the Bluetooth feature on your Bluetooth device and turn on the Bluetooth device before you turn on the headphones.
How to reset pairing.
Let headphone stay in pairing mode (white and blue light flashes alternately), press and hold “Volume+” and “Volume-” button together more than four seconds until blue LED light on.
I hear but cannot control music on my Bluetooth device (e.g. play/pause/skip forward/backward).
Make sure the Bluetooth audio source supports AVRCP (see ‘Technical data’ on page 8).
The volume level of the headphones is too low.
Some Bluetooth devices cannot link the volume level with the headphones through volume sync. In this case, you have to adjust the volume on your Bluetooth device independently to achieve an appropriate volume level.
The Bluetooth device cannot find the headphones.
- The headphones may be connected to a previously paired device. Turn off the connected device or move it out of range.
- Pairing may have been reset or the headphones have been previously paired with another device. Pair the headphones with the Bluetooth device again as described in the user manual. (see ‘Pair the headphones with your Bluetooth device’ on page 5).
My Bluetooth headphones are connected to a Bluetooth stereo enabled mobile phone, but music only plays on the mobile phone speaker.
Refer to the user manual of your mobile phone. Select to listen to music through the headphones.
The audio quality is poor and crackling noise can be heard.
- The Bluetooth device is out of range. Reduce the distance between your headphones and Bluetooth device, or remove obstacles between them.
- Charge your headphones.
Model, Serial number and Safety information.
carefully take off the cushion from both the left and the right ear cups
A few additional information and the serial number of the device are also available under the extension arm. Pull down the extension arm of the headphones
The model and safety information are printed on the speaker covers of both sides
You can now view the additional information underneath
2023©MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited. All rights reserved. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Philips and the Philips Shield Emblem are registered trademarks of Koninklijke Philips N.V. and are used under license. This product has been manufactured by and is sold under the responsibility of MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited or one of its affiliates, and MMD Hong Kong Holding Limited is the warrantor in relation to this product. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective companies with which they are associated.
For further support, visit www.philips.com/support.
Register your product and get support at
Documents / Resources
|PHILIPS 1000 Series TAH1108 Headphones [pdf] User Manual|
1000 Series TAH1108 Headphones, 1000 Series, TAH1108 Headphones, Headphones, TAH1108