This product is only suitable for well-insulated spaces or occasional use.
To all residents of the European Union
Important environmental information about this product
This symbol on the device or the package indicates that disposal of the device after its lifecycle could harm the environment. Do not dispose of the unit (or batteries) as unsorted municipal waste; it should be taken to a specialized company for recycling. This device should be returned to your distributor or to a local recycling service. Respect the local environmental rules.
If in doubt, contact your local waste disposal authorities.
Thank you for choosing Perel! Please read the manual thoroughly before bringing this device into service. If the device was damaged in transit, do not install or use it and contact your dealer.
Read and understand this manual and all safety signs before using this appliance.
Warning: In order to avoid overheating, do not cover the heater.
For household use only.
CAUTION – Some parts of this product can become very hot and cause burns. Particular attention has to be given where children and vulnerable people are present.
- Children of less than 3 years should be kept away unless continuously supervised.
Children aged from 3 years and less than 8 years shall only switch on/off the appliance provided that it has been placed or installed in its intended normal operating position and they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children aged from 3 years and less than 8 years shall not plug in, regulate and clean the appliance or perform user maintenance.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- If the external flexible cable or cord of this appliance is damaged, it shall be exclusively replaced by the manufacturer or his service agent or a similar qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
- Do not use this appliance in the immediate surroundings of a bath, a shower or a swimming pool. Do not install this appliance immediately below a socket.
- Some parts of this product can become very hot and cause burns. Do not touch the appliance when in use or shortly after use. Do not rest the power cable on the appliance when hot.
- This appliance must not be supplied through an external switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and off by the utility.
- The use of an extension lead or multi-plug adaptor is not advised when connecting this appliance to the mains. Connection through these devices could lead to a risk of overloading, overheating and even fire at the extension lead or adaptor due to inadequate connection quality.
- Install the appliance in a vertical position and at a distance of minimum 0.5 m away from furniture and other objects. Never operate the appliance near inflammable or explosive materials or gases.
- Do not use the appliance in rooms when these are occupied by persons not capable of leaving the room on their own, unless constant supervision is provided.
- The first time you use the appliance, a little smoke and smell due to the protective substances applied to the heating element before transport may be given off. This is normal and should not be considered a fault.
- This heater is filled with a precise quantity of special oil. Repairs requiring opening of the oil container are only to be made by the manufacturer or his service agent who should be contacted if there is an oil leak. When scrapping the heater, follow the regulations concerning the disposal of oil.
- Refer to the Velleman® Service and Quality Warranty on the last pages of this manual.
- All modifications of the device are forbidden for safety reasons. Damage caused by user modifications to the device is not covered by the warranty.
- Only use the device for its intended purpose. Using the device in an unauthorised way will void the warranty.
- Damage caused by disregard of certain guidelines in this manual is not covered by the warranty and the dealer will not accept responsibility for any ensuing defects or problems.
- Nor Velleman nv nor its dealers can be held responsible for any damage (extraordinary, incidental or indirect) – of any nature (financial, physical…) arising from the possession, use or failure of this product.
- Keep this manual for future reference.
power supply ……………………… 220-240 V~, 50/60 Hz
power consumption ………………………2500 W
Information requirements for electric local space heaters
|Model identifier(s): |
|Item ||I Symbol ||I Value ||Unit || ||Item ||Unit |
|Heat output || ||Type of heat input, for electric storage local space heaters only (select one) |
|Nominal heat output ||Pnom ||0,9005 ||kW || ||manual heat charge control, with integrated thermostat ||no |
|Minimum heat output (indicative) ||Pm ||0,0002 ||kW || ||manual heat charge control with room and/or outdoor outdoor temperature feedback ||no |
continuous heat output
|Pirk1X4 ||0,9005 ||kW || ||electronic heat charge control with room and/or outdoor temperature feedback ||no |
|Auxiliary electricity consumpt on || ||fan-assisted heat output ||no |
|At nominal heat output ||el m,. ||N.A. ||kW || ||Type of heat output/room temperature control (select one) |
|At minimum heatoutput ||elm,. ||N.A. ||kW || ||single-stage heat output and no room temperature control ||no |
|In standby mode ||else ||N.A. ||kW || ||two or more manual stages, no room temperature control ||no |
| || ||with mechanic thermostat room temperature control ||yes |
| || ||with electronic room temperature control ||no |
| || ||electronic room temperature control plus day timer no || |
| || ||electronic room temperature control plus week timer ||no |
| || ||Other control options (multiple selections possible) |
| || ||room temperature control, with presence detection ||no |
| || ||room temperature control, with open window detection ||no |
| || ||with distance control option ||no |
| || ||with adaptive start control ||no |
| || ||with working time limitation ||no |
| || ||with black bulb sensor ||no |
|Contact details ||Velleman NV |
Legen Heirweg, 33 9890 Gavere, Belgium
Refer to the illustrations on page 2 of this manual.
|1 ||control light |
|2 ||thermostat |
|3 ||heat settings |
|4 ||cord storage |
|5 ||handle |
|6 ||wheels |
- Before operating the heater, you must attach the feet of the appliance. Never use the appliance without the feet.
- Install vertically on a flat, dry, stable and non-slippery surface.
7.1 General Operation
- Your appliance is provided with a rotating control knob:
o I = minimum (1000 W)
o II = medium (1500 W)
o III = maximum (2500 W)
- Rotate the thermostat knob clockwise to the desired position and switch the heater on.
- When your room reaches the desired temperature, you can slowly rotate the thermostat knob counter clockwise until the pilot light goes out. The thermostat can now be left at this setting. As soon as the room temperature has dropped below the set temperature, the unit will switch itself on automatically until the set temperature has been reached again. In this way the room temperature remains constant with the most economical use of electricity.
- To completely shut off the heater, turn the control knob to OFF (0), and remove the plug from the socket-outlet.
7.2 Overheating Protection
This heater is equipped with an overheating protection, which will automatically switch off the heater in case of overheating. If this occurs, please unplug from the mains and allow cooling for 30 minutes before re-connecting and switching on again.
To avoid overheating, check that the appliance is sufficiently ventilated and that the air intakes are unobstructed. Please contact your local dealer if the heater keeps switching off.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Before cleaning, switch of the appliance, disconnect from the mains and allow to cool completely.
Never immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid. Protect it from splashes and spraying liquid.
Occasionally wipe with a damp cloth to keep it looking new. Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents or strong detergents.
Use this device with original accessories only. Velleman nv cannot be held responsible in the event of damage or injury resulting from (incorrect) use of this device. For more info concerning this product and the latest version of this manual, please visit our website www.perel.eu
. The information in this manual is subject to change without prior notice.© COPYRIGHT NOTICE
The copyright to this manual is owned by Velleman nv. All worldwide rights reserved. No part of this manual may be copied, reproduced, translated or reduced to any electronic medium or otherwise without the prior written consent of the copyright holder.Velleman® Service and Quality Warranty
Since its foundation in 1972, Velleman® acquired extensive experience in the electronics world and currently distributes its products in over 85 countries.
All our products fulfil strict quality requirements and legal stipulations in the EU. In order to ensure the quality, our products regularly go through an extra quality check, both by an internal quality department and by specialized external organisations. If, all precautionary measures notwithstanding, problems should occur, please make appeal to our warranty (see guarantee conditions).General Warranty Conditions Concerning Consumer Products (for EU):
- All consumer products are subject to a 24-month warranty on production flaws and defective material as from the original date of purchase.
- Velleman® can decide to replace an article with an equivalent article, or to refund the retail value totally or partially when the complaint is valid and a free repair or replacement of the article is impossible, or if the expenses are out of proportion. You will be delivered a replacing article or a refund at the value of 100% of the purchase price in case of a flaw occurred in the first year after the date of purchase and delivery, or a replacing article at 50% of the purchase price or a refund at the value of 50% of the retail value in case of a flaw occurred in the second year after the date of purchase and delivery.
- Not covered by warranty:
– all direct or indirect damage caused after delivery to the article (e.g. by oxidation, shocks, falls, dust, dirt, humidity…), and by the article, as well as its contents (e.g. data loss), compensation for loss of profits;
– consumable goods, parts or accessories that are subject to an aging process during normal use, such as batteries (rechargeable, nonrechargeable, built-in or replaceable), lamps, rubber parts, drive belts… (unlimited list);
– flaws resulting from fire, water damage, lightning, accident, natural disaster, etc.…;
– flaws caused deliberately, negligently or resulting from improper handling, negligent maintenance, abusive use or use contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions;
– damage caused by a commercial, professional or collective use of the article (the warranty validity will be reduced to six (6) months when the article is used professionally);
– damage resulting from an inappropriate packing and shipping of the article;
– all damage caused by modification, repair or alteration performed by a third party without written permission by Velleman®.
- Articles to be repaired must be delivered to your Velleman® dealer, solidly packed (preferably in the original packaging), and be completed with the original receipt of purchase and a clear flaw description.
- Hint: In order to save on cost and time, please reread the manual and check if the flaw is caused by obvious causes prior to presenting the article for repair. Note that returning a non-defective article can also involve handling costs.
- Repairs occurring after warranty expiration are subject to shipping costs.
- The above conditions are without prejudice to all commercial warranties.
The above enumeration is subject to modification according to the article (see article’s manual).
Made in PRC
Imported for PEREL by Velleman nv
Legen Heirweg 33, 9890 Gavere, Belgium
V. 04 – 03/06/2019
Documents / Resources