PATPET Dog Shock Collar p-collar User Manual
PATPET Dog Shock Collar p-collar User Manual
Please read the quick start before beginning.
Important Safety Information
Patpet dog training collar is designed to let dogs live safely, happily and get along with people more harmoniously.
Do not use with aggressive dogs. Aggressive dogs can cause severe injury and even death to their owner and others. If you are unsure whether this product is appropriate for your dog, please consult your veterinarian or certified trainer.
Safety during on-leash training. It is vitally important that you and your dog remain safe while learning during on-leash training. Yo ur dog should be on a strong leash, long enough for him to attempt to chase an object, but short enough for him not to reach a road or other unsafe area. Yo u must also be physically strong enough to restrain your dog when he tries to chase.
Risk of skin damage. Please read and follow the instructions in this manual. Proper fit of the collar is important. A collar worn for too long or made too tight on the pet’s neck may cause skin damage ranging from redness to pressure ulcers. This condition is commonly known as bed sores.
- Avoid leaving the collar on the dog for more than 12 hours per day.
- When possible reposition the collar on the pet’s neck every 1 to 2 hours.
- Never connect a lead to the electronic collar; it will cause excessive pressure on the contacts.
- If a rash or sore is found, discontinue use of the collar until the skin has healed. If the condition persists beyond 48 hours, see your veterinarian.
- This product is not a toy, please keep away from children.
- This product is only for use with healthy dogs.
Setting Up the Product
Before you can use the Dog Training Collar, you must set up the product using the steps below:
- Prepare the Remote–install batteries and turn it on.
- Prepare the Receiver Collar–install batteries, Contact Points, Conductive Silicone, then assemble them, turn the Receiver Collar on.
- Function test –test function of buttons before putting it on dog.
- How to Use the Test Lamp–use the Test Lamp to test Shock function or use as a screw driver.
- Pair the Remote and the Receiver Collar–Pair them when the receiver loses connection with the remote , add another receiver, or after change batteries.
Prepare the Remote
Install battery on the Remote
- Push out the battery cover to remove it(1A).
- Install the battery according to the engraved mark, negative (-) first, positive(+) next(1B).
- Install the battery cover on the Remote(1C).
Turn ON/OFF the Remote
- Press the ON/OFF Button on the Remote once to turn it ON.
- LCD will be lighted, and show the information of current channel, battery power and levels. If not, please check the batteries position or change new batteries.
- Press and hold the ON/OFF Button on the Remote to turn it OFF until the LCD display goes off, then release. It may take 2-3 seconds.
Note: When the remote is on, the LCD display will appear when any button is pressed.
Prepare the Receiver
Install battery on the Receiver
- If the conductive screws are on , remove them first. Pop out the battery cover to remove it(2A).
- Install the battery according to the engraved mark(2B).
- Install the battery cover on the Receiver Collar(2C).
Install the Contact Points & Conductive Silicone
- Select the correct Contact Points and Conductive Silicone length for your dog’s coat type:
- For dogs with thicker coats, Use 2pcs longer Contact Points and Conductive Silicone’s.
- For dogs with shorter coats, Use 2pcs shorter Contact Points and Conductive Silicone’s.
- Don’t install the Metal Contact Points when shock function is not used.
- Insert the Contact Points into the ports of the collar, use the Test Lamp to rotate clockwise to tighten them(3A).
- Install the Conductive Silicone onto the Contact Points to make it softer, which will be better for dog’s skin(3B).
Assemble Collar Strap
- Unhitch the nylon belt and take off the Slide Buckle(4A).
- Thread the strap through the Receiver Collar(4B).
- Thread the slide buckle through the strap(4C).
- Thread the strap through the side release buckle(4D).
- Thread the excess strap through the slide buckle to make sure the collar strap is surely tight(4E).
Turn on the Receiver Collar
- Press the On/Off Button the Green LED light comes on.
- In normal mode, the Green LED will flash every 4 seconds, indicating the Receiver Collar is on and ready to receive signal from the Remote.
Turn off the Receiver Collar
- Press and hold the On/Off Button until the Red LED light shuts off (This takes approximate 3 seconds).
- Release the On/Off Button. NOTE: To extend the life of the batteries, please turn the Receiver Collar off when it is not in use. Remove the battery if you don’t use it for a long time.
We recommend you experience the different shock/vibration levels firsthand on yourself. Please begin at the lowest level, then increase level gradually to your personal comfortable level .Yo u can do as below.
- Place one finger over both contact points of the training collar.
- Hold your remote approximately 2 ft from the receiver collar. Press
the Vibration Button continuously for 1 to 2 seconds. Yo u should feel continuous vibration.
- Press and hold for about 5 seconds until the Shock icon flashes, press +/- to adjust levels.
- Increase the level until the sensation begins to feel uncomfortable.
NOTE: Continuous stimulation will transmit for no more the 10 continuous seconds. To reactivate, release and repress the button.
Vibration: send vibration command ranging1-8 to the Receiver Collar.
Tone: send a tone with non-adjustable level to the Receiver Collar.
Shock: sends shock command ranging 1-16 to the Receiver Collar. Warning sign will show when the level is over 8.
Channel Conversion: Press shortly once to swtich dog and dog channel. Vibration & Shock Level Adjustment: Press and hold for about 5 seconds until the Vibration/Shock Level display flashes, press +/- to adjust levels.
increase the Shock/Vibration Level.
Decrease the Shock/Vibration Level.
- Press and hold until the Vibration/Shock Level display flashes to set Vibration/Shock Level.
- The Shock Level can be adjusted from 1 to 16 levels and the Vibration Level from 1 to 8 levels; please adjust it properly as per your dog’s reaction.
- Don’t press and hold the Vibration/Shock Button too long, to avoid physical or psychological hurt to the dog.
How to Use the Test Lamp
Shock Function Test
- Turn on the Receiver Collar.
- Hold the Test Lamp contacts against the Contact Points (or Conductive Silicone Covers).
- Press the Shock Button and the Test Lamp will be lighted. It will be brighter as the Shock Level is increased.
As a Screw Driver Use the Test Lamp to tighten or loosen the Contact Points when preparing the Receiver Collar.
Pair the Remote and the Receiver Collar
- Use the Dog Button on the Remote to select Dog .
- With the Remote turned on and the Receiver Collar turned off, press and hold the ON/OFF Button on the Receiver collar for 4-5 seconds.
- The Red & Green LED will blink for about 10 seconds indicating that it is ready for pairing.
- Press and hold the first Tone Button and the second Vibration Button
at the same time for 2-3 seconds, when the LED on the Receiver Collar flashes green for 5 times indicating successful pairing.
Pairing a Second Collar with the Remote
- Short press Button on the Remote to select Dog . Then follow the above pairing steps from 2-4.
Selecting The Contact Points and The Conductive Silicone Covers
For the best results, select the correct Contact Points based on your dog’s coat.
- For dogs with thicker coats, Use 2pcs longer Contact Points and Conductive Silicone’s corers.
- For dogs with shorter coats, Use 2pcs shorter Contact Points and Conductive Silicone’s.
Fit the Training Fitting
Please fit the collar properly so that the Contact Points press firmly against the dog’s skin. When properly fitted, you can be able to put a finger in between the Receiver Collar and dog’s neck. Too loose: the Receiver Collar will move around the dog’s neck, the friction of Contact Points may hurt the dog’s skin. Too tight: it may cause dog’s to breathe hard. Caution: 1.Do not shave the pet’s neck as this may increase the risk of skin irritation. 2.The collar should not be worn for more than 12 hours per day. Or it may cause harm to dog’s skin.
Find the Best Shock Level for Your Pet
The unit comes with Up and Down buttons to control the Shock Level, with Level 1 being the lowest level and Level 16 being the highest. The most suitable shock level depends on your dog’s temperament and threshold for Shock. Always start at the lowest level and work your way up. The appropriate level can be found when the dog responds to the Shock with a mild reaction, such as a flick of the ear, a lick of the lips, a tensing of the neck muscles etc. The Shock Level may vary depending on the training situation. When highly distracted, dogs will require a higher level of Shock.
|Battery Life(typical use)||
Remote: 60 days
Receiver: 30 days
|Remote Waterproof Rating||
Non-Waterproof(Keep away from water)
|Receiver Waterproof Rating||
IEC 60529 IPX5, rain proof
|Operating temperature range||
From 0-40℃(from 32-104℉)
|Wireless Range||300m(984 feet)|
The batteries need replaced under the situations below
- The indicator light on the Receiver Collar is emitting a red color every 4 seconds or flashes rapidly.
- The battery icon on the Remote LCD shows just 1 bar.(When battery is low, the shock function will be affected.)
- The indicator light on the Remote or Receiver Collar will not come on.
- The indicator light on the Remote or Receiver Collar comes on momentarily when any of the Mode Buttons is pressed.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Is the Vibration/Shock
safe for my pet?
While the Vibration/Shock is unpleasant,
it is harmless to your pet. Electronic
training devices require interaction and
training from the owner to achieve
|How old does my pet have
to be before using the
Remote Training Collar?
Your pet should be able to recognize
basic obedience commands such as
“Sit” or “Stay”.Pets should be at least 6
months old before using the Training
|Once my pet is trained and
has been obeying my
commands, will he have to
continue to wear the
Probably not. But you need to reinforce
the behaviors with adding treats and
After all, the object of training collar is
not to use it finally..
|Is the Receiver Collar
|Will I get exactly 984 feet
of range with the Remote
The range of the Remote Training will
vary according to terrain, weather,
vegetation, as well as transmission
from other radio devices.
|How long can I
Vibration/Shock to my
The maximum amount of time you can press
the Vibration/Shock Button and deliver
Vibration/Shock to your pet continuously is
10 seconds. After this, there will be a pause,
the signal cannot be transmitted for about 5
seconds. After the 5 second time-out period,
Button can be pressed and Vibration/Shock
can be delivered again.
|My pet does not
respond when I
press a button.
Make sure the Receiver Collar has been turned on.
If your range has reduced from the first time you
used the Remote Training Collar, the battery(s)
may be low in either the Remote or Receiver Collar.Terrain, weather, vegetation, transmission from
other radio devices and many other factors can
impact the amount of range you have with the unit.
Test the Receiver Collar. See “How to use the Test
Lamp” for details.
Increase the Shock Level. Refer to “Find the Best
Shock Level for Your Pet” for more information.
Make sure the Receiver Collar ’s Contact Points
are placed snugly against your pet’s skin. Refer to
“Fit the Training Collar” for more informations .
not turn on.
Check that two LR03/AAA batteries have been
installed properly. See “Install battery on
Collar is not
Make sure the Receiver Collar is on.
If the Indicator Light does not come on when any
button is pressed on the remote, ensure that the
batteries are inserted properly.
If the first two solutions did not resolve your
problem, see “Pair the Remote and the Receiver
Warranty and repair information
1-Year Limited Lifetime Warranty The original purchaser for this unit is provided with 1-Y E A R WA R R A N T Y. The warranty begins from the date of purchase. For the first year, coverage is for both Parts and Labor on warranty repair services.
Accessories such as straps and batteries are covered for the first year only. After the first year, the Limited Lifetime Warranty covers Parts only and does not cover Labor Fees and Accessories. All shipping fees incurred, the cost of Accessories after the first year, and Labor fees associated with out of warranty repair work, are the customer’s responsibility. Labor fees will be variable depending on the extent of the work required. The Limited Lifetime Warranty expires after 5 years when a model is discontinued from production.
To Qualify for the Warranty
A proof of purchase is required for all products to initiate repair work under warranty. We strongly recommend keeping the original receipt. If a proof of purchase is not available at the time of service, we will estimate the age of unit by the serial number. which may differ from the actual purchase date, but the serial number is also the only method of determining an approximate date of purchase without a proof of purchase.
Not Covered Under Warranty
We DO NOT offer warranty for products that have been bought secondhand or as a resold product. We DO NOT replace defective units or provide refunds for products purchased from us after 30 days from the date of purchase. Issues of replacement and refunds on units purchased less than 30 days from an authorized dealer must be addressed to the dealer directly. If the products purchased from an authorized dealer are after 30 days from the date of purchase, please send the units to us for service and repair. We DO NOT cover the cost of repairs and replacements due to misuse by the owner or dog, improper maintenance, and/or lost units. Any water damage on the Water Resistant remote and the Water Resistant Receiver of our product series will not be covered. All replacement costs for either the remote or receiver will be the owner ‘s responsibility. The warranty is void if the unit has been altered or an unauthorized person has damaged the unit while attempting repair work. We reserve the right to retain and discard any parts or accessories that have been found damaged upon replacement and repair.
Procedure for Repair Work
If the unit is malfunctioning, please refer to the “Troubleshooting Guide” in the quick start before sending it back for Service. The postage of shipping to us under warranty is the customer ‘s responsibility. We are not responsible for units damaged or lost in transition. We are not responsible for loss of training time or inconvenience while the unit is in for repair work. We do not provide loaner units or any form of compensation during the repair period. A copy of the sales receipt showing the purchase date may be required before warranty work is initiated. Please include a brief explanation outlining the problem and include your name, address, city/state/zip code, daytime phone number, evening phone number, and email address.
Compliance FCC – USA
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subjected to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference. (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
CAUTION: Modification or changes to this equipment not expressly approved by Patpet Technology Co., Ltd may void the user”s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: -Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. -Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. -Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. -Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Shenzhen Patpet Technology Co.,Ltd Add: No.1 Qinhui Road, Gushu Community, Xixiang Street, Baoan District, Shenzhen, China www.patpet.com
The description is confusing does it have 330 range or 1000? And is it for both small and large breeds?
Wireless range is 300m(984feet).
Is it a waterproof product?
Yes, it’s waterproof.
Is the remote control waterproof?
No, it’s not waterproof.
How long does the battery last?
The battery can last for 30 days if you use it for 1 hour per day.
is this a rechargable unit?
No, it is not.
does The shock only work sometimes for anyone?
But beware it will work somtimes even if you don’t have it on. This product shocked my dog so bad it made her eye bleed 🙁
Will this fit my very rambunctious 16 pound bengal?
Yes it will. You may have to adjust the collar quite a bit but it will fit!!
The collar would last a long time before charging and now doesn’t last long soon after a full charge? Is this normal?
Not sure cause both my collars stopped working afteress than 2 months
Can you just set this collar for when we are gone, or must you use remote?
U must use remote to Beeb, vibrant n shock ur dog
Does it include 2 collars?
No, just 1 collar & 1 remote are included.
Can you buy just the little black pieces that cover the metal? Lost one.
Not sure but if you take the one you have to an auto parts store they could find a vacuum plug cap that would fit
can these collars be cut to make it shorter?
Is this a static correction collar or an electric shock?
There are 3 settings tone, vibration, and electric.
Did this work for an older dog?
What is the voltage? For example, what are the volts for level 1 vs level 16?
Yes 1 through 16 on the volume of the voltage
How big is the receiver (the part on the collar) … size/ dimensions?
It is a little big, we take the excess collar and wrap it around his harness, otherwise he would chew it right up. It tends to rotate to under his mouth but seems to work just fine that way.
Do they run on the same frequency ? So it won’t get both of my dogs at the same time?
This one has 2 channels you can set one up for each dog. You can get an extra collar so both dogs have one and then you sync each up to a channel.
What kind of battery does this need if the battery needs replaced?
2 AAA for the remote and the same for the collar
Will the collar fit my 8lb dog?
Yes you can trim the collar to fit your dog.
Will this collar fit a 6 lbs dog ?
What’s the width of the nylon collar?
The collar is 3/4 inch wide
Can you buy an extra beeper?
If by beeper you mean an extra collar, Patpet sells a transmitter with two collars, and each collar can be programmed and used individually.
The rubber caps for the shock tips keep falling off. Now one is missing. How can we order replacement ones?
contact patpet by email or phone
Is the shock adjustable?
Yes 16 levels
How long are the long contact points that come with this? not from end to end, but the exposed part.
About 1/4 inch. If you need more use the extension contacts that came with the unit.
Can you pull the patpet emblem off the front of the device to change the collar?
Documents / Resources
|PATPET Dog Shock Collar p-collar = [pdf] User Manual|
Dog Shock Collar p-collar 301